/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Thread: Sadayo Saturday Edition

NEWS
>Hashino thanks western piggus: personacentral.com/message-director-katsura-hashino-celebrating-western-release-persona-5/
>New game domains registered: personacentral.com/potential-persona-5-spin-off-website-domains-registered-including-p5d-p5u/
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.co.uk/2017/07/14/more-like-persona-510-amirite
kotaku.com/persona-5-confidants-ranked-1795211534
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ann!!

NEET?

robot is forever!!

AAAAAAND SATURDAY IS RUINED, YET AGAIN.

Ritual posters need to commit sucide

They don't deserve to choose how they die

She's mine /pg/

Where are my Pixie doujins?

Neat.

Nijima genes man...

I love Ann!

I can't wait for Persona 5 Akechi Goro of the Resurrection!

>Replaying persona 1 and 2
> spend hours playing games and gambling in it
>Shadow(?) Mc spends all his time playing videogames when you finally see him.
I forgot how good some of the stuff in this game is like the random dumbfuck rat when things are actually getting serious.

The random staircases that lead to dead ends in the school in SQQ aren't fun though,and some of the dungeons just have horrid design. Persona 1 and 2 could be truly great if they had remakes fixing all the game play issues. Particularly 2.

Futaba is /mygirl/

Obligatory Makoto post

Not if she's mine first

Wait you putz, I thought the post you replied was deleted but you somehow fucked up the quote.

You don't manually enter in your replies do you?

So I've just recently started getting into SMT/Perosna, and I'm a big fan of the rpg side of it. I really want to play a tabletop rpg with the system. I know there are a few fan made systems out there. Have any of you tried it before? Are they ___fun___? Any recommendations?

Nothing comes to mind, I don't think Japan really does tabletop gaming, not without CCG elements anyways.

you'd have better luck asking on Veeky Forums desu

maybe you're the putz for assuming I know what I'm doing.

accidentally hit backspace too many times and didn't want to delete it all and click it again. Thought I typed it back in correctly.

kotaku.co.uk/2017/07/14/more-like-persona-510-amirite
AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL
MY EMPIRE OF DIRT

If you haven't already checked Veeky Forums, I think they have a general that's very Persona-oriented, or was for a while anyway.
Something like "One Roll General".

>I don't like the story cause it doesn't say the message I want it to say

clickbait is clickbait

You have clickbait, I'm afraid it's terminal.

wtf i hate persona 5 now

>Linking Kotaku

>kotaku

I feel this would have fit more with Yukiko than Fuuka

he's gonna post it every day until 'he' comes back
so it'll be a while

>daily P5 hate threads on /v/
>daily P5 hate threads on neogaf
>daily P5 hate threads on gamefaqs
>daily P5 hate articles from gaming websites
>unprecedented negative coverage for the series

>i-i-it's just kotaku!!!
DAMAGE CONTROL AHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Here

who cares

>neogaf

it is just kotaku and /v/ tho
i'm not counting neogaf because almost all the people that discuss there haven't even finished it

The problem isn't P5 hate.
The problem is kotaku.

Every gaming site is writing articles like this. P5 is 2017's Bioshock Infinite, everybody fawns over it for a month then is going to destroy it afterwards.

What an unprecedentedly low 93% on metacritic, literally no one likes this game, they all struck it down with kakushinhan.

>neogaf
>/v/
Tfw I share this general with filth.

4 yu

kotaku is the only one that's written an actual article against it
by actual, i mean not solely addressing dumb non-issues like the gay guys in shinjuku

They have five tabletop RPGs for SMT alone.

Bioshock Infinite has a 94 on Metacritic and is widely despised now. Even reviewers that gave it 10/10s later turned against it and said it was a 4/10 game. The same is happening to P5.

>Every gaming site is writing articles like this.
So there's no point linking them here, is what I'm trying to tell you.

>Every gaming site is writing articles like this.
>Every
>Only shows one

>Kotaku
>/v/
>neogaf

>everyone hates it!!
>only a Veeky Forums board and a kotaku writer hates it
What did he mean by this?

He's Rise, fishing for (Yu)s

>P5 would have been beloved and had massive success if it just came out last year in the west
>came out after Yakuza 0 and Nier and now can't live up to those giants
>tfw Atlus USA has literally killed the series through their own incompetence

i blame King of Fighters XIV. they spend MOST if their time there geez

>Yakuza 0
>giant

Wait why does everyone hate Persona 5 now

Every single person I've seen that has played both games thinks Yakuza 0 is better.

>Persona 5 Guide: Where to find Yusuke

Nigga, just press square most days.

Persona 5 - Episode Akechi (PS4/DLC):

>The Answer-like campaign.
>Goro-side of the Persona 5 story starting prior the game events. Focus on Goro's past, Shido's political rise to power and Wakaba's research.
>Just 5 dungeons. Some of then being Wakaba's, Shido's and Okumura's
>Dungeon are Goro + Berserk demons (But with no compendium)
>Only Loki and Robin Hood
>Mementos' requests are random victims like the train man.
>No Confidants.

Delet this
KOF did nothing wrong

Some of the points in the article are fair and I agree with several of them.

But holy shit is it explicitly a bait title made solely to get a rise out of people and serve click bait, it isn't even subtle about it, which makes some of the points he does have impossible to take seriously, even if they have some truth to them, because it's drowned out in the retardation surrounding them.

>Bioshock Infinite

Consider the following:
Everyone, reviewers and gamers alike, gave Infinite a pass because of the "mind blowing" story. After they played it a second time, they realized the gunplay was shit and not worth the story.

P5 is a fine story with a few shortcomings and pitfalls, but a lot better than others I've played recently. Also, the gameplay is fucking stylin'. Best JRPG system in a long time. Hell, best JRPG on the PS4 right now. The comparison is unfounded. That's why literally only 1 person made it.

No they don't

>Neogaf
>A site that says TMS is better than P5

People like to hate things that are popular.

No, they don't.

you went to gamefaqs huh

P4 resonated with more people and most people played Yakuza and Nier before P5, both of which are superior games in the same "niche Japanese story-based game" genre.

kotaku.com/persona-5-confidants-ranked-1795211534

You trust Kotaku don't you? They recognize best girl, so they must be right that P5 is shit.

No, it didn't

Nah, they didn't

because not a real SMT gaem

>You trust Kotaku don't you?

>"mind blowing" story
I dunno, it was pretty pseudo mind blowing, but it becomes pretty apparent on subsequent playthroughs that it's all false depth hidden under a bunch of asspulled curveballs in an attempt to recapture, or exceed, in a way, the twist from the first.

Infinite is a pretty good game, but it never deserved all the massive praise IMHO, I always saw it as competent but not particularly mindblowing.

Persona 4 Golden MC Userscore: 9.2
Persona 5 MC Userscore: 9.0
Most people outside of this echo chamber of a general are saying they liked P4 before because it has stronger characters and more SoL scenes

No, they're not

No, they're not

>Comparing the enchanted version to vanilla game
P5 Crimson will utterly crush P4 Golden

P4 didn't have stronger characters, it was just happier and more fulfilling, and that's what people want.

I'm playing the shit out of P5 because I've played Persona 4 for a million hours and this is new. I prefer Persona 4 but Persona 5 is great.

Only a shit deals in absolutes.

what's with the denial
"hurr durr no it's not"

Well, TMS has better gameplay than 5 and Tsubasa(No joke) has better in -story development than any character in modern persona, so there are some things going for it. The MC also isn't autistic and actually develops himself, so there's that too.

Not that I think TMS is better than P5, but it's certainly not as bad as butthurt "It wasn't the game I imagined" people who didn't play it make it out to be.

which is why I put it in quotes. It was alright, but I could never play it again to see the subtle hints because of the gameplay.

I played both and enjoyed P5 more. Yakuza 0 is still a great game, but I fail to see why you are comparing the two outside of the fact they are both narrative driven.

No, we're not

Can I find black transmute items in Mementos? Is so, how rare are they and where are they? Chests or the items that you can collect on the floor?

Damage control because /pg/ is realizing this is literally the only community on the internet that blindly praises P5 to death

No, it's not

>Crimson

No, it's not

>Thread devolves into people kicking up shit with only Kotaku backing them up and other people trying to shout down the trolls.

Welp, I'll head off for now. Still love you guys /pg/. Have a good day.

Alright. I'm on the last dungeon in P5. I cannot beat it. Every single fucking time my entire party gets brainjacked and just fucks each other up. How am I supposed to prevent this? I can't remember the last time a game went from fun to miserable this quickly.

>Tsubasa(No joke) has better in -story development than any character in modern persona
>I'm so embarrassed to model swimsuits I just can't!! oh now I have confidence I'll do it
lmfao

>The band you like sucks

Makarakarn

Yeah, I dunno about stronger characters individually, but it undeniably does have a much stronger group dynamic, and that is very valuable to many people.
Dunno why this fanbase has this mentality of "I can only like one game, everything else is shit." though.

No, it doesn't

No, it doesn't

Let's not throw any chairs you'll regret.