/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>/2g/ edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>Chronicles On Tape Podcast, ep. 9
youtube.com/watch?v=gXj7ucHGySI

>1995 Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=BOn4SAHSHVQ

>Majestic TV ads for 2G Prelude
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2976WIXn0U&list=PLg8thVp-vHzzLRRIxUG7PGOPe5JQEGNvW

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=9cuxrkZeai8
youtube.com/watch?v=6GEI3PpXEAo
youtube.com/watch?v=2fe2qUWPU1M
youtube.com/watch?v=nhuNb0XtRhQ

>What's rain?
youtube.com/watch?v=-hcOoglNofU

>Original Fanboy
youtube.com/watch?v=5Q4CXkHZCeQ

>Accord Headlights
youtube.com/watch?v=zAO1bl8T4u4

>whirrrrr
youtube.com/watch?v=YTCWf_kwZ50

>How to operate a dead CRX
youtube.com/watch?v=AqQQMM9uiWM

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/le5EFSOVKLs
youtube.com/watch?v=v9QgLbSpGII
instagram.com/carmakeacross/
turnology.com/tech-stories/brakes-suspension/camber-what-is-it-and-how-can-it-make-you-faster/
youtube.com/watch?v=CCgyWKNnRxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bhXpWubC6qU
youtube.com/watch?v=hIK7pwgpmlM&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

Car is being restored lads. No more huge dents

Is my CM5 invisible or some shit? fuck. same damn intersection it was killed the last time

youtu.be/le5EFSOVKLs

i should get around to taking some pics of my legend for the collage

Got the entire damn car back together, gave it a jump, and after one random stall, it will run.
Problem is, it has a constant, faint clicking sound, and sounds like it rattles when off throttle, kinda like:
>vvvvvvVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRMM(chickachickachickachik)mmmmmm
I'd make a video but it's 10:00 and my neighbours already dislike me for how loud it is.
Oil is not discoloured, and is halfway between full and low. I've spoken to someone who knows more about cars than I do, and they suspect the timing belt, which is due to be replaced.

Current Collage

Thanks I was hoping for this

Kek I wonder if you or toronto nigha has it worse

Collage update for dead NSX

>fuckn' A
>ywn have voiced commentary because your voice records like shit
I know that type of intersection, there's one in Sydney, it's kind of a 4 way, a 2 way 60, and a 50 turning into a 100 perpendicular to the 80. Every week there's a new pile of shattered glass in the middle of it, they can't clean it fast enough before someone else gets hit.

>2 lane 60
that was wrong, it's a 4 lane 60, with the left most 2 turning left onto the 2 lanes of 100. You always want to be in the right turning lane, becaus if you're in the left one, th dipshit in the right cuts into your lane.

Fuck me, here's a drawing

what year is it again?

Americans couldn't handle that shit, my mom's B13 got rear ended in the Long Beach traffic Circle because she actually yielded and a dude rolled right into her.

Apparently Canadians can't deal with it either. To be fair, it's a really poorly designed intersection. Leading up to it from Glace Bay way, you hit 3 lights barely 200m from each other, and they're all timed so once you go through one, you get stopped at the next.

Oh shiiiit, making Pepe Civic great again. Looks like it never even happened.

Man a modded blue NA Miata almost gave my Civic's ass a nice little tap when I was going through a traffic circle. I was on the outside lane and he exited from the inside lane without yielding.

The accident on the Corolla's front left quarter is from a traffic circle too. I wasn't there when it happened but it BTFO a panther platform car. Apparently those things are more fragile than they look. Way more damage to that car than mine.

>traffic circle
is this what americans call it?

I've heard traffic circle and one way circle. I know Euros call it roundabout, right?

>To be continued

youtube.com/watch?v=v9QgLbSpGII

lel

dumb question:

why can't the new civix have both turbo AND VTEC?

I see your point and raise you this.
Before anyone asks, yes MSB all under a second

tiddy

I'm not sure. Don't they know all their biggest fans love to turbo their VTEC engines? I get people all the time telling me to turbo it but muh reliable n/a setup with A/C.

>supercharge maybe....

keep your mpg gainz shingu

yeah, ex-euro living in canuckland.
here up north we got roundabout, dutch: rotonde, german: karusell (carousel)

I never use all the power of that little D16A anyway. Though I do bet a Jackson Racing Supercharger would be way more useful for my constant city driving than a turbo would.

Depends, a very smol turbo with a short spool up could be just what you want.
All sorts of Euro econoboxes and 90s 0.6l Suzukis used them to be a little zippier.

It might add on 20% power at most, but it'll be a nice oomph that makes driving just that much more satisfying.
Plus I love a subtle turbo sound.

Supercharger sounds are pretty cool too. Though a full kit from eBay is like $1800. I think with those a D16 can make just shy of 200hp which is bretty good. I got other shit to worry about for a while though. kek

Got a lot of shit to pay off when I'm moved back to Mississippi.

I’m sorry /hg/

Yup making it great again. I'll be back home Saturday. Next week I'm taking it somewhere to get the a.c. Fixed and maybe new tires.

It's OK, m8. It's black so it's subtle, kinda.

i wonder how much bondo they used kek

So is that Civic faster than the xB you think?

they are both extremely slow but i think the civic could edge out the xb

If you ever see a silver GSR or green 4dr teg. That's me.

post pics so i can see
maybe one day we can hang out

I'll post one another time. I don't have any good ones at the moment. It's a green 4dr with a black hood if you ever see one, I work near Lawrence/Don Mills area. GSR is currently hibernating for the Winter.

It’s name brand so atleast it’s not chinamen trash
R-right

Is that the one with over 500k miles?

Yeah NRG is bretty gud.

Tie rods are here. Going to swap entire steering rack in a college parking lot.

I gotta do tie rods too. The rack is creaking pretty bad.

Not as bad as mine. Bought this car with some seriously rough suspension.

wew

My suspension was pretty damn rough when I bought it. At this point in time I've replaced every single suspension component. I don't remember replacing tie rods so I hope these eBay ones will do the trick for at least a year.

Yeah, I just got this and the suspension needs work. Only the front though it looks like.

It has F2 type 1 coils on it, and I have really really big wheels (205/50r15 on Enkei 92 classic.)
Right now considering previous owner slammed and stanced it, it's practically undriveable with the Enkeis.

How much preload should be on the springs? I'm guessing even at Max height the car will still be lower than stock. Is there a hard stop when it's maxed out or will the coilovers unthread from the mount entirely if I try turning it all the way out?
I'm a bit new to this stuff.

I'm not too sure myself, as I'm a scrub. I'm on a Koni and Ground Control setup so the springs just sit there with no load at all when the car is lifted.

Those are some pretty thicc tires, though. I'm on 195/50/15.

Turns out it's just buried in the instruction manual in parts you wouldn't expect it to be. Every manual should have a spec setup page.

1 inch from bottom thread Max, 5mm preload, 10 kg/mm front 6kg/mm rear. Gonna go to town on these coils probably next weekend.

Q12 checking in, car still running

>03:33:33 No.18278000

Will re add your 91 fãm

it's timing that's the sound my car did when it was my brothers. belt broke on his way to hs like 6 years ago.

what happened?

looks like one of the roads I drive on. except only closest lane to turn can turn.

Its really a clusterfuck. Worse part about it is the 4 60s just kinda appear. It's 2 lanes of 60, then all the lines dissapear and it's a free for all to line up with the new lanes.
Knowing its the timing is a bit relieving, can it last a half-hour drive in this condition?

is there a specific name for a thick/bulgy tyres ?
Pic highly related

yokohama advan

>blocks your bath
Nice car though, the CM7 that came after was nice but it's no lude.

>bath
path*

>tyres

stupid brit and why do you need to label it? All it is , is an aggressive tire set up.

go to @carmakeacross for more of that.

instagram.com/carmakeacross/

i just wanted to label it since i really like this kind of look, enjoy it way more than stance or generally big wheels
also im not a brit and thanks for the insta

>i just wanted to label it since i really like this kind of look

like I said, its called having an aggressive stance or wheel set up. You sound underage and you probably are, thinking stance = slammed car

i dont really consider slight camber a stance, neither i think that stance = slammed
what i meant by stance is when negative camber is noticeably [spoiler]too[/spoiler] big(low?)
my terminology might be fucked up since i never bothered with reading the definitions

>what i meant by stance is when negative camber is noticeably

plenty of race cars have lots of negative camber so what?

you should do some reading on negative camber instead of shitposting online about it

turnology.com/tech-stories/brakes-suspension/camber-what-is-it-and-how-can-it-make-you-faster/

We outchea

>you should do some reading on negative camber instead of shitposting online about it
well, i never said that negative camber is bad, i specifically said that i dont consider slight camber a stance for this reason if im not mistaken even some Formula 1 cars have negative camber
if its tastefully done, it looks great, all i said was that i enjoy tyres like that MORE than stance, i didnt event say that i dont like it so i really dont see how im shitposting about negative camber

thats fun. I replaced an oil filter bracket gasket and a drive shaft u-joint on my truck in the college dorm parking lot once. nu-males are blown away that there are still kids out there who will work on their car.

it's called

BIG
MEATY
TAHRS

THICC

I found metal shavings in the VTEC solenoid screen while replacing gaskets. Draining oil and cutting open filter soon. Wish me luck.

Today is a sad day, nihgas.
Cassette player no longer works.

;_;7

Hail damage sucks. You can see it on the hood.

Rest in peace :(
What happened to it? Belt broke?

that looks fucking bad
shit man

Good thing I can buy a replacement hood online

>You can see it on the hood
Oh, I almost didn't see it.

should i get a accord type r or a ep3 civic type r help

how often would you use the rear seats?

i dont know how annoying it is for people to get out the back of a hatchback

try getting in and out of the back seats roughly 50 times
this not only gives you a feel if access is difficult, but also allows you to get better at opening up the rear

been a while since I've updated, but you guys I broke down at night in the middle of nowhere wisconsin last week. Turned out to be a seized idler pulley - no engine damage from what the mechanics can tell, but fuck, things were going so well. Anyways, should hopefully have the car back by Friday.

youtube.com/watch?v=CCgyWKNnRxQ

why would you expect anything nice to happen

i know right

>dat ass

My TLX lease will be done soon, I don't want another one. What should I go for, new accord?

>lease
Unironically, 3k civic.

you should be able to see just enough of the timing belt to check it.
it lasted a month when it was like that.

that's actually really nice finish. what paints and clear coats did he use?

I haven't got a clue what to look for on a timing belt. I know it's due time to have it replaced, and from the fuckery I've seen the previous owner do, I know it hasn't been replaced.

Also, what do all the numbers on the pics mean? I know the 2 big ones are year, but what does the 5/18 mean?

people avoid doing the timing belt replacement on cars cause most the time it's pretty expensive. while kinda hard to get to it's a cheap replacement on the d17s. if I remember right I think a mechanic did mine for around 200$. belts right behind the serpentine belt, you might be able to check it by removing the plastic cover on that side of the valve cover though idk if you have to remove the valve cover to take the plastic housing off or not.

I think it was date image expires.

I've got an uncle who's agreed to let me use his garage and help out a bit, and I've alr day got the belt so cost isn't too much of an issue.
You do need to remove the valve cover to get off the cover, found this out when trying to take out the alternator bolt.
Makes sense.

bump

Local News:
Absolutely based tape deck is now working again. user celebrates with blur soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=bhXpWubC6qU

is this considered lane splitting

Accord
S q u a d
q
u
a
d

youtube.com/watch?v=hIK7pwgpmlM&feature=youtu.be
One more pull for the user whomst wanted to hear the power of SOHC