/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

A cat is fine too Edition

>Live Letter
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d82504e50bab50729ff7eb104ac7e9d71e752890

>New Aquapolis Info
jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002094.html

>4.01 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/33efbf65a7c6b86b3c62816b7a75523012584b54

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/HuaAJ6wM

Last thread:

I want to hug a fat cat!

I'm going to get ready for Savage with an elezen~!

3rd for tanks.

Elezen appreciation thread

#Saved

Post cute characters!

xth for housing

What did she mean by that?

Pretty pictures

feels good

thank goodness, i'm really enjoying 4.0 warrior so far

i want to climb jenga tower all the way to the top! and then jump off!

>RDM still gets to be a raise mage
Good, I was worried they'd take that away.

Wooo Paladin.....

Y-yay... urgh.
Forums still want rdm to be nerfed into the ground. I lmao at their life.

Duelist kingdom here I come.

>all those WARfags who got PLD to LV 70 are now speed leveling WAR
>WHM mains are shitting themselves til tuesday

So if I lose the Requiescat buff, I should immediately stop using Holy Spirit spam even if I have some mana left?

I thought it's been really fun so far as well. I probably would have stuck with it regardless.

Any confirmed changes for WAR?

>tfw stuck with WAR
I pays to be loyal to your fave Job

Anyways I was asking in the last thread but it ended right after... I want to start levelling a PLD, is there any guide or something I should read before starting? It would be my first time tanking in this game.

>WHM mains are shitting themselves til tuesday
Why?

Miasma II is most likely to adress the lack of aoe dps from SCH and if it's just like the old miasma II on single target it will be a waste of gcd compared to broil II so nothing is changed on dps.

Stratagem is the biggest argument on SCH vs WHM for off healing not the healing power. Plus
>expecting SCH to heal ever
Fairy seems unchanged. MP management seems unchanged.

We do not know what changes plenary will suffer, the most popular choice was to change it for some sort of party utility so WHM can compete against stratagem/balance card.

flash a lot
and i mean a lot
like flash 2 times when they get near and flash 2 times after every riot blade combo hit
flash all day every god damn day
then when you get total eclipse spin to fucking win
spin all damn day like a motherfucking beyblade
let it motherfucking rip

Shake it off is being 'adjusted' which hopefully means they're changing the effect
Stance Dancing won't affect beat gauge any longer
Path is getting a potency buff

Where is "the" place to idle now?

The meta in 4.0 has always been SCH/AST. WHM has nothing to do with this equation and will continue to unless they somehow miraculously decide to make Confessions or Plenary into a group buff. Any buffs to SCH only further solidify its already achieved spot.

i leveled nin in sb because people said it was good but now its getting a nerf so i want to drop it

is sam still really good

ixion spawn points

Stance dancing should've cut the gauge in 1/4th desu, meanwhile plds still gotta wait an entire cd to go into shield/sword. Very annoying esp if you need to get some extra aggro if something goes wrong

you are an idiot
yes go play sam

Bruh spoilers

delete

Nah, he's just having a bad day.

>Caring about jobline spoilers that came out with HW

You did nothing wrong, Snape kills Dumbledore.

I dont actually personally care, I thought it was funny.

the garlean embassy

Red mage doesn't need to be nerfed, black mage just needs to be buffed.

Anything he says is actually you saying it, so he's like an imaginary friend.

Why is the discord not in the op?

When's the first set of HW gear you get?

Why are all Roegadyn weirdos?

should never have cut the gauge at all - if anything let it take a gcd

>The meta in 4.0 has always been SCH/AST.

What role is the one that is needed the most, tank or healer? Also, which healer or tank is the one people really want in their parties?

It's pretty obvious though if you actually read the text though.
Yeah I figured since the merchant and the Maelstrom soldier get spooked and say you don't need to be so upset, not Fray.

SE ships sadu and magnai?

Hello? Go check fflogs right now. Like 9/10 of the top runs are SCH/AST and not WHM.

>WHM mains thought SCH was in the gutter
>It turns out they were the ones in the cuckshed the entire time
>Meanwhile, SCH has buffs on the way

It's like poetry in motion.

Post catte.

As they rightly should. I hope theres a lot of S&M play between the two. And she whispers into his ear that when she reincarnates into a male shes gonna be the top that time.

fatcats

Speedruns on trivial primals=/=progression runs on savage content

>3.4
>WHM is dead
>someone points out fflogs showing more WHM savage clears
>it's because those WHMs refused to swap to AST

>4.0
>SCH is dead
>suddenly fflogs higher clear amount on SCH means the class is good and not SCHs who refused to swap

I wonder if [stay tuned] for Plenary means "We wont change it till 4.1" or "This shits so big we wont tell you cause we know you'll freak out over it and reroll WHM for savage."

The TOP runs are all that matter though. You really think the top raiders in this game wouldnt be willing to switch jobs if it meant better clears?

all they're going to do is increase the proc rate

Oh yeah, forgot. It'll prob make it into the pastebin at some point.

It wont change anything unless it becomes a party buff.

They seem to have listened to most of SCH complaints, i agree with a lot of the changes except aetherflow. I felt the mp management was fine.

If they listened to WHM complaints about plenary then they'll probably turn it into some party buff of some sorts since a lot of people said they wanted something to compete with SCH stratagem and AST balance card.

Obviously yes. All rdm needs it get the damn mana glitch fixed.

I am going to cut my self tonight and I blame you all.

beepy...

Where are all the proper, marriageable lala ladies @?

Whomst lookin to get fuSusano Extreme runs done. Got to like a 3% clear earlier today and I think i got a good handle on mechanicals.

BLM/RDM main here, this literally fixes almost all issues BLM has at the moment.

>Confessions are now applied by Regen at a 20% rate
>Active confessions now increase mitigation by 1/2/3%
>When using Plenty Confession each target with a Confession on them gains a 2/4/6% haste for 10 seconds

Why is it that all the shit flinging always occurs between SCH and WHM while AST gets a free pass? AST has seen nothing but buffs since its' release to the point that it is always guaranteed to be meta. You never hear anyone discuss if SCH/WHM should be viable, it's always AST and one of the others. Hell, I've seen more and more pf groups running AST/AST yet SCH and WHM keep at each others throats while the world burns around them.

20% balance card senpai, can't argue against that.

When is AST going to get nerfed because it is the cancer killing fflogs.

because there's nothing wrong with AST?
the only healers that have been changed, in one way or another, for the worse are the ones being discussed..

Once you've been in the cuckshed, you will do anything to regain your rightful place at your master's(AST) side.

Which healer is the most fun for casual dungeon runs with friends

Any of them and i really mean that.
Whm would be my pick though.

>20% balance
>nothing wrong

wham

WHM
holy till they drop

It really wasn't, considering they introduced another spell that consumes an AF stack, while also nerfing Aetherflow itself. This is also while raising the mana cost of Adlo. SCH is too mana intensive to deal with all of that at once, especially considering they use AF for both damage and healing.

He means nothing wrong as in it has no weaknesses, and theres no point arguing if an AST should be present because they objectively should be in all situations and Yoshi seems to agree.

A cancer killing a cancer is alright in my book.

WHM 100% of the way. Once you get Holy and Aero III theres no brakes, and it only gets better from there.

Balance SHOULD be nerfed. but because it's obvious at this point that it's never going to happen and that the devs are much more willing to adjust WHM and SCH, that's what we argue about.

>check the /v/ thread
>they are now just recently learning about it

thankfully, there are a couple of idiots who think its bullshit. Really don't want this glitch to spread and to be fixed before Omega Savage. I want to abuse it while I can.

Is it okay to open with swiftcast Holy each pull? I feel like if the tank dies the the pull probably isnt getting salvaged anyway, and if a DPS dies its their own fault.

Does anyone want to do Castrum Abania? I'm going to do 1-2 runs on my healer for exp (Aether).

It was literally addressed in the live letter. Its kill in 4.05.

>680k active players with stormblood release
>1% of that will raid as usual
>1% of that 1% will care about party composition
>9 groups that will run min/max rotations and class combos for the absolute best clear time
>the remaining will just run shit for loot and log the rest of the week

My job choice doesn't fit on the criteria of the 1% of the 1%, what should i do now that my casual group with 4 dps that can't even reach their top dps do if my class choice doesn't get them a clear 4 seconds faster.

The japs told the devs about it, they know about it. It is just western forums who are stupid and cry RDM OP OMG PLS NERF TO GROUND because they look at fflogs without uising their brain or doing research.

It is a fun mechanic tho, I would like it if they give us something like that on purpose in 5.0/put it in our playstyle.

Why'd they give male Au Ra such good movement animations? Fuck I want to play one so badly but those tails ruin 90% of armors.

Yes and thats how you should do it.
Swift holy > aero > holy + assize > holy

trying to level my gatherers from 60-70. what's the standard rotation nowadays? havent played in a long while. trying to get collectible beech branches to level my bot(i have 653 GP)

How do you do the rdm glitch?

like this
works with mana between 52-54 and 65-69
takes some practice, use impact procs to get the desired numbers/not overshoot the mana..
not sure if it is worth to learn, since its fixed next week.

>Lose argument
>W-whatever it only matters to the 1% anyway

WHM is DEAD. Soon people will lock them out of PF slots like they did with PLD in 3.0.

How fast do new characters level up on the EXP bonus worlds? Do you outpace the MSQ like crazy or is it pretty mild?

Personally I hold on to my swiftcast, since I like to use Assize after the second holy, as to maximize the stun uptime.
But it's all up to personal preference.

DE + MA > DE + MA > SM + MA
If your IA2s hit for more than like 37% iirc, the rng rotation SM + UC + IA > IA > IA > (SM or DE if not a single proc) + MA is statistically superior for exp.

You mean like they also made to 4.0 scholar?

The more you resist, the more painful it becomes.