/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Prev

= NEWS =
>1.03 patch notes
tekkengamer.com/2017/07/04/ps4-tekken-7-patch-ver-1-03-launched-japan-regions-soon-follow/
>Ultimate Tekken Bowl trailer
youtu.be/-BaJENh1Irs

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/preview
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>T7 Character Information Compilation
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

If you can't react to leo's sweep you're a scrub

Ich gluchlicker!

sorry I forgot to link the previous thread

Hehe doreya hehe xd

If you can't block demoman on reaction you're a scrub.

if you arent placing top 8 consistently in highly competitive majors youre a scrub and should uninstall

Any things in Tekken that make you guys laugh? Leo's "YYYYEEAAAH" cracks me up for some reason.

previous thread was a cess pool. No one wants to see it again anyway.

its GLÜCKLICHER

If Lucky Chloe even gets one match in top 8 no one is allowed to complain about how bad she is

who you cheering for in top 8?

I read up a bit on this taisei guy.
He was raised by a single mom so he wants to win Evo for her.

Also japanese bbs said he has won countless smaller arcade tournaments in the countryside, so now they're curious to see how his countryside style works in big international tournaments.

Ich no sprecken German!

I want Knee to win !

For Taisei, actually. I just love watching Steve. All the more reason to cheer for him.

Which is the male form by the way.

When are the fucking lewd mods coming out god fucking damnit

rooting for fellow socal player suiken. wanna see how good he gotten with her since the first week of wnf.

you

>watching evo with da boys
>mostly black, hype, half are weeb
>more than half the commentary consists of people talking about how they can do better / how wack whoever is playing, even saint
>mfw

holding back my power level was the fucking worst last night

Him being arcade only he was lucky to avoid Suiken.

>How do mishima players practice your electrics?

i do electrics, dash electrics, ddewgf, ss ewgf like 10 times on each side.

then i try to go for ch df2 pewgf or the 5/6 electrics combo until i get tired of it

I know that feel.

People are so trash, they don't even know how trash they are in the grand scheme of things.

You're trash so shut the fuck up

GlücklichER=lucky male
GlücklichE=lucky female

you

but i'm aware

Come on, user. this is a forum. If you don't want conversations then use to twitch chat.

you

Try doing a wavedash into electric, a backdash/KBD into electric, a sidestep/sidewalk into electric, and practice hitting them during combos as well.

You want to be able to do them in all scenarios, particularly whiff punishing and punishing -16 at least.

Newbie here

Main: MRaven

Secondary: Alisa, Miguel

And thinking of picking up Drugunov or Kazumi.

Are these too many characters to pick up? I like a bit of diversity

Oops

*are these too many characters to play?

I was wanting to learn Heihachi, but I don't know where to start.

Any advice?

Leo's gender is ambiguous has tilted from male to female the past three games.
It is left to the appreciation of the players whether Leo is male or female.

You want Leo to be male, dress him as one, use masculine forms in your preferred language.
You want Leo to be female, dress him as one, use feminine forms in your preferred language.

Ultimately, Leo can't be a trap or transgender because there is nothing point to that direction and thus it would be utterly silly to assert such a thing.
However Leo might as well be a cross-dresser.

Are you satisfied?

The more characters u play the better

What is the combo out of Asuka down-back 2?

I've seen it in footage but I don't understand what the fuck that even is, is that sidestep into down 1 or something?

>playing as Jack
>try to do EMGF
>get debugger
>try to do debugger
>get windup
my execution is fucking shit. SHIT

Just got the game. Why is Steve so much fucking fun?

Because Tekken is fun

Does Jin have autism

db2 db1 df1 2,1,1+2 or something like that

I want to pick up a secondary character. Can't decide between Bob, Alisa and maybe Leo just because off all the shitposting surrounding her. Which one is more enjoyable to play?

I have spent the last 24 minutes with the dummy on 50/50 leo db 1+2 and db 4.

I get hit about 30% of the time, but I can't really tell if it's my reactions or just a coinflip.

It'd help a lot if the start-up of the move didn't look so similar. Looking at her feet helps a bit.

Not a Heihachi player, but i recommend checking out Tekken Zaibatsu discord. There is a lot of useful shit there for every character, just make sure to check pinned messages.

All the arguments about whether Leo's male or female boil down to what type of genitalia he/she has. For the purposes of the game, he/she has none, so just use whichever pronoun you like and shut the fuck up.

without a doubt

>let me start ww3 to punch this sleeping god on the off chance it might make the devil gene go away
>whoops im a mass murderer now
>still has the devil gene

sasuga jin

And this is in practice mode where you know there are only 2 options and the exact timing when the move will come out. It's going to be harder in a match.

>unironically wanting to main bob or alisa

shoutouts to that one guy who's still trying to get 30s of him trying to block leo mixups

Being a cross-dresser is a thing pointing towards being possible trans.
Not all cross-dressers are, but usually generally trans people like to dress along the image of their preferred gender, aka cross-dress. Though calling it at that point cross-dressing could be seen as insensitive, I guess.

>Which one is more enjoyable to play?
Uh that's kind of a question only you can answer.

If you want to enjoy a character just go Paul.

Only start taking him seriously when you get bored of spamming demo man and punishing with deathfist when they crouch too early. (I'v been using him for 3 days now and I still laugh my ass off whenever peopel fall for these 2 mix ups)

>Katsuhiro Harada confirmed Leo is female at the Cologne premiere of Tekken: Blood Vengeance.[1]

>punch a sleeping god

Absolutely based autistic karate man

Daily reminder that Tekken is NOT Anime.

>ctrl+f Leo
>13 mentions in a fresh thread now 14
Stop this

Instead of arguing about Leo's gender, we should argue about how many dicks Lucky Chloe has sucked

I reckon 16

I cant stand his stupid hair

They never will.

>still arguing about this

It's clear harada can't make up his mind or is just fucking with retards like you

Yes Leo was a girl, now it's a man, has a beard. Might be a girl again in 8 who cResw

I HOPE GANRYU, LEI, JAYCEE, AND WANG GET ANNOUNCED AT EVO!!!!

newbie here

how the fuck do you deal with Lars?

nah

Don't worry about electrics to begin with, but do learn the motion since you'll want to pressure with CD+4,n+4 at times. So long as you can do a WGF you'll be alright.

Start with the general gameplan - I mostly pressure with d/f+1; 1,1; 1,b+2; hellsweep; f+4 & d/b+2. Once you get good bring in electrics as well.
ff+2 is good for entry level whiff punishing and is difficult to punish at low levels. Once you get confident swap it out mostly for dashing electrics.
Use f+3 & b+2 to fish for counterhits. Follow up with: CD+4,n+4; b~f+2,1; (S!) f+3+4~2,1 if you score a counterhit,
Other general good tools are ff+3, which you can do out of a wavedash and is a safe launcher; d/b+1+2 which is unsafe but can highcrush and interrupt pressure; and u/f+4 which is a safe low crush and splats on the wall.

Lastly, go and watch some high level Heihachi players. JDCR is good to watch to find out how to play compact, but he doesn't really play risky so you'll find his strategies unreliable at a low level.

i just realized that the 1st guest character isn't out until winter, and the 2nd guest character isn't out until spring 2018. so there's a fuckton of months between this tekken bowl dlc and the first guest character for them to release some free old chars.

Do people think he's an arab?

Literally what's wrong with that? They're my mains. They're both extremely strong characters and Bob is often overlooked and people don't take him seriously so you can fuck them up even more.

>requests revenge match
>plugs when about to lose again

>not quirky japanese media
sorry friend, but you're wrong

What's JACK's lowparry combo?

had an absolute read on some retard who kept unga'n the same string but I didn't know how to punish

>the 2nd guest character isn't out until spring 2018

Judging by the quality of the American schooling, I would guess so

>accept a 5 bar game
>it's actually a 3 bar game
everytime

if you play on wifi kill yourself

>fight like one Alisa every 4 days
>they always absolutely destroy me because I have no fucking idea what to do

Why are King players ALWAYS lagging?

Same, since I left blue ranks I see none
Not even in player matches

I need the matchup knowledge

zero, but she's stepped on 30 of them

Who is this?

Because you're still too low rank to fight players who care enough to set up wired connections.

>Aris
>Arab

>bamco
>"spring" 2018
lmao the summer dlc will release in christmas

Why is best boy always so angry? Is it because Asuka wont have sex with him?

no. just make sure to focus on basics with all of them.

I love how during Bound the time stops and your tag flies in.

I like to do 1+2 S! ff f4 b3,2,2. Max damage is ssr f4 b1 df1,1 S! b3,2,2 but the difference is like 2 damage.

>Asuka wont have sex
like that could ever happen

Gotta download more furry smut.

Asuka is a lesbian

Why does he look like a Chinese Dragunov?

Why did the tekgen tournament get rolled back?

Redpill: Feng raped asuka in the ending of tag 2

You have to go back

Is Asuka being able to remove the devil gene ever addressed again?

Redpill: Kuma raped asuka in the ending of tekken 7

mishimapill: Kazuya was always the strongest

why is lilli so disgustingly broken?
fuck these acrobatic unseeable random flips and shit go back to street fighter

no

thank harada

I wanted to see Chanel at least participating but apperantly he no longer goes into tourneys.