So Veeky Forums, the last 2 years i have been saving money and working hard towards my dream of buying a BNR34...

So Veeky Forums, the last 2 years i have been saving money and working hard towards my dream of buying a BNR34. In the next year or so i will have about 55k USD and will be able to buy a Vspec R34 GTR. With incoming US appreciation in mind, should i or should i not.

>55k
you wish

Just buy a house with a sweet garage. Then you can install a lift inside and work on your car.

55k is the average landed price of a vspec 1 R34 in a color other than TV2 or any MNPs

thats the other option i was considering a down payment on a house. Although, im not sure, its been a goal of mine to own one of these for a long ass time and id like to go for it

You’re going to want to work on it once you have it. New break lines, breaks, fluids, frame work, bushings, engine work, suspension etc. you’ll need a house with a garage for all that.
And to park it inside too

buy bitcoin instead
then buy a fleet of r34s

thats true, you make a good point. I know someone who rents out their massive shop space for car storage and he only wanted $50 a month for it, so i was thinking of using his shop for it until i get a house with a garage.

i was looking into investment options, and gold seemed like a good option. or like i said earlier wait for the current housing market bubble to burst and buy real estate. bitcoin is a high risk investment right now, in 2008 you would have been a genius to buy that stuff though

It’s a hot car man... Might get stolen or vandalized. It’s generally safer in the garage. You can get creative with garage security features.

Under Trump I don’t see the house market crashing. At least I hope it won’t. I just bought a house lol

You won't find a decent V Spec for under 60 I can promise you that. If you wait a year you probably won't get one for less than 70. I'm in the market myself actually. By the time they are legal in the US there's a good chance regular r34 GTRs will be worth well over 100k. Decent investment if you can find a place to store it.

I'm actually flying out to Japan next week to look at two R34 GTRs with low KMs. If you want a valuable car that will be worth the investment I'd recommend getting a model that is rare or finding one with low KMs. Talk to an importer like Rivsu or Shinjuku if you're actually serious.

i have spoken with Brian at Bpro. ive been looking at auction results and seeing cars go for a price where i could import them for 70K CAD landed and taxed for a vspec and slightly less for a base. for example you can look at Bpros site right now and find a base 2002 GTR for 56K CAD landed. its already got a deposit on it but yeah, good prices exist just have to find em.

I agree with you that the prices might keep rising though in the near future, hence why id like to get into one ASAP

bitcoin is a low risk investment. worse that can happen in short term is retracement to where it was a few months ago, but within two years it will be up over 1000% so whatevs

that is true lol, definitely wont be stored outside

Yeah with a car like that you definitely want to live in a gated community with a gated house and garage. And drive it for pleasure too not for daily tasks. You never know who may be following you for your car..

but you dont know where it will be, with increasing talk of government regulation, it could tank if things actually move in that direction. my point is its volatile as fuck

>Scrimped and saved every penny save up 55k
>Wants to buy a car that is likely going to rapidly appreciate north of 100k

Does anybody else see a problem with this? What is the point of owning a car that is worth too much to drive? I mean I get investments but do you want to want to have an R34 that you can only look at?

OP if I were you I would buy a nice R32. Mod it past R34 spec and thoroughly enjoy it.

Honestly this, the r32 is nearly the same and mod wise can be brought to the same level as the r34 for way less money would go with it instead

Or better yet. Buy the R34. Let it appreciate while you appreciate it sitting in your garage. Then sell it, buy a 32 and buy a house with the return.

i like this plan haha, well now to decide if i should short term invest in bitcoin to speed the process.

>Let it appreciate while you appreciate it sitting in your garage

ah yes because its totally ok for a car to sit for a long time.....