/ovg/ - Project CARS™ 2 Edition

Welcome to Veeky Forums video games thread

Previous Thread:
We have a Wiki page with some stuff on it.
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64783

Discord: hXnnJrJr

Basic equipment guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing Project CARS™ 2 and other games on the Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1213606756&searchtext=
youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ
forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55001-Project-CARS-2-PC-Updates-Changelog&p=1432220&viewfull=1#post1432220
studio-397.com/2017/11/formula-e-energize-pack-released/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for nothing

GT Sport... more like GT Short! lololol

>Discord: hXnnJrJr
it's hXmJrJr you dip

>>Port: 64783
it's 64738 you dip

James changed those on purpose because neither likes him and his only friends are a nazi larper and another drama queen tripfag that wanted others to crash him out off a race on the past.

Name a better game.

MEH

sims arnt that fun and considering u need to drop alot of money into good wheels its kinda pointless

besides arcadey games are more fun like horizon 3 and gamepad is easier to play long stretches

IRL > vr

BeamNG is also pretty fun

This.

I prefer my hobbies to be fun, not another job.

Ian Bell's games are so good that ovg uses the for races all the time!
Oh wait.

/ovg/ can't run PCars and plays sims on gamepad

More like Ian Bellend, right guys?

>Wanting /ovg/ to taint another sim
There's a reason why it's better

yep

There are several vr users here, and we run ac leagues fine. Pcars just sucks lmao.

>u need to drop alot of money into good wheels its kinda pointless
If a T300 is a lot of money to you, you probably need to work harder. Though judging from your grammar and spelling you probably won't be getting that promotion at McDonald's any time soon.

Ok bud

>Pcars just sucks lmao
Leave this thread at once.

Even with a dfgt you can have proper fun. You don't even need a T300, or anything that's priced similarly to a T300 to enjoy simracing or any racing game that's half drivable with a wheel.

nth for new gr.3 series when, hell i'd even host if i get enough people

why aren't you making it now?

Do Gr4 and let highway do Gr3s whenever he wants

it's 4am and i'm in bed already, but i'll draft a spreadsheet tomorrow
hmm, good idea. i'll think it over tonight

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1213606756&searchtext=

SAVED

How many hours would it take in Assetto Corsa to be able to do this?

youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ

i think assetto has different version of the ring

>hours
it's 2 laps it takes like 20 minutes lmao

t300 and loadcell pedals is all u need

forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55001-Project-CARS-2-PC-Updates-Changelog&p=1432220&viewfull=1#post1432220
game is now saved

Almost got pcars2 during last steam sale but decided on dirt rally instead. Think I made the right decision since it was still 30 dongs. Hopefully it will get a better sale for winter sale.

but what if you only have one hobby and no real life outside of that

yes it is when your've just spend 6k on two gearboxes + swap and now a $6500 engine rebuild all in the space of 10 months

sorry i cant afford a pissing $300 wheel lol

Why you need a real car when you got sims?

depends on how much experience you have with the track, the car, the physics of said game.

because G forces, sound feel and the smell and sight of a real open road is something sims cant do.

I like them for track work but nothing can match the open road

what the fuck are you doing with your gearboxes

>got into mood after watching this video
>launched burgerking tourist in yellowbird
>supposedly, my old time from long time ago is 8:10, probably optimal conditions and slicks
>set a bit worse conditions, road tyres
>did two laps
>7:35
feels good to see the progress. i remember i hated yellowbird handling long time ago, no idea why, it's amazing car

try the 70s tires, if I remember correctly.

falcunting them

???

Take what I say with a grain of salt because i'm completely new to the "sim" or "sim-cade" racing games, but
I remember playing Project Cars 1 and I disliked how the cars handled. It felt worse when compared to Forza and Assetto Corsa. In addition, my framerate died in PC1 on rainy or foggy conditions. I also disliked how the single player campaign was handled too

Has Project Cars 2 done anything with fixing the problems listed above?

dropped lifter + gearbox had no working reverse and fucked syncros

just double clutch?

no i mean reverse literally popped out and grinded to fuck it was fucked

>owning a car in /ovg/
nice LARP m8

>not being a responsible adult with a car

i like both, im playing forza right now

LARPing was fun when i was a teenager with no car

fuck yall im going to build a wheel out of a gamepad

>not building a wheel out of a mouse

thats fucking jank and i was thinking more like how people use gamepad boards to power their fight sticks but using a mouse or trackball is probably a better idea now that you mention it

fuck you too

haha what the fuck is this shit

you gotta save the gamepad for the pedals brah

Does anyone else prefer just using a controller on some more arcadey games? I always find the sims to be depressing and slow and sorta unrealistic. I have real cars I can drive instead for that, I play games to escape and to go chili dog fast.
Not really condemning those who like sims but I bought a Logitech wheel and pedals and shift lever and I have literally used it twice because it's too hard to use and a pain in the dick to setup, and it doesn't add value to my experience.
Can I get an echo for my br/o/s that use controllers and have since the beginning?

>Can I get an echo

Is drive.NG playable with keyboard only?

but is it dust resistant?

the pinnacle of steering inputs

BeamNG.drive*
ffs, what a stupid name

yes, there's not much content where being super fast actually matters anyways

logitech driving force gt: good budget wheel?

yes thank you

yes thank you

>budget
poorfag raus

eh it's ok for 50 bux

Can I drift with this in AC? How is the force feedbacks?

I agree with playing arcade games with a controller.

>Truck simulator

Now the autism makes sense.

I hope to god you are not a real truck driver because if that's your mechanical standard then accidental truck of peace is going to happen

How do I get good at driving? I have little real world experience, just some airfield driving up to 2-3 gear and once I drove in reverse, almost shat myself from anxiety. Don't have a driver's and don't plan on getting on several reasons, not in US, too.
Anyways, other than outrun, where I probably also suck assjuice compared to you guys, I feel like every car steers like diarrhea on ice. I'm on keyboard, but that hasn't stopped others to be even competative, so I must be missing something. help

pls lock camera

No

karting

and keyboard isn't good enough imo because input are all 1 or 0 so it's really harder to get corners right on the limit and to correct mistakes
a game pad with triggers is a better option for cheap

studio-397.com/2017/11/formula-e-energize-pack-released/

SAVED TWICE IN ONE DAY

Studio420 sure do know what they're doing.

b b bideo gaemes!!! simrasen!

So basically "we rushed the pack out so it's available before the new season starts and barely tested it".

why doesnt my game look this pretty? fuck it i dont even care, im not reinstalling this game again.

desu I have no idea if the rFactor ai can be massaged into a believable formula e simulation. Everything is so different

what cars would a soyboy race? (asking for a friend)

He wouldn't

gt86

ae86

The car you like but I dont

Why does Formula E need those things behind the rear wheels?
I know Indy used them to prevent wheel on wheel contact at high speed, but they won't have them anymore in 2018 and E cars don't go as fast.
Is it because E drivers all seem to be maniacs who are still mad at not getting into F1?

what if they just wrote different AI

Aerodynamics.

Damn you're right its so easy, why didn't they think of this before

they already did it at least once

You should put your 300iq intellect to use and cure cancer or something

i dont WANT to cure cancer i WANT to turn people into electric cars !! fuck !!

>try out livery editor in FM7
>randomly paint the car
>like the design I came up with
>can't think of what sponsors to put on it
fug

anime

If I am playing on a controller, in my case a cheap dualshock, is it better to have throttle and brakes on separate sticks or on the same one

how would you turn

This is the think I had in mind

throttle is right trigger, brake is left trigger
if you don't have analog triggers throw the pad away and get a wired 360 pad

W@

/ovg/ for GAYS