/ink/ - Splatoon General - Judd Edition

The Direct
youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE

Previous thread:Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- the first Splatfest is on July 15 [cake vs ice cream], you can download the demo now on the e-shop,the event starts at 3pm - 7pm PT (one day only)
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

- discord.gg/bPfxAVs

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

First for Pearl

Everything up to now has been practice.

The real fight is about to begin.

Second for pearl

Sex with Marie!

Why did they include a shitty hairstyle nobody wants on both genders? Nobody will ever pick the boy's buzz cut or the girl's weird topknot.

What did these colors come from? Color lock? I didnt know that showed up for everyone playing.

Boy squids are best.

Buzz cut is the only decent boy hair

DAMMIT user NO
NO TOPKNOT IS GOOD
FUCKING RETARD

Half my team had that topknot

so what're y'all doing waiting for sploon 2?
Currently completing living dex in pokemon sun and moon

I'm picking buzzcut. Please no bully.

Marie is for rough sex

Colors change in mirrors

If you got into a battle vs the same splatfest team (example Cake vs Cake) you use random colors

Pls respond.

It's actually the swept back one. Which is why it's all anyone picks.

>Cake vs Cake
Pfft yeah like that happened.

You did buy physical right? It has reversible covers.

1/2

It starts 6pm EST.

Anyone else going to go to GameStop for a fucking cup?

2/2

You missed the JP and EU ones. North America in an hour and 12 minutes, user.

TELL ME YOUR GYRO AND STICK SENS NOW

Happened 4 times for me.

Had my copy ordered on Amazon a month ago. So glad it's coming out on a Friday, since that is the last day of my work week.

All the boy haircuts are shit. Boys are shit.

Both maxed.

I don't think we were from the same team in the second picture I posted. I honestly don't remember though I'll notice during the North American one.

2.5/1 with roller/others
3.5/1 with chargers

0.5 and 1.5

This. Only the girl inklings look right.
>I-it's not gay to play as a girl..

1 and 0

Boys get to fuck girls.
>implying there are lesbian inklings

Anyone else feel like they didn't really get a sense of the stages? I was trying to decide which was my favorite, and I really wasn't able to decide. I probably need more time with it, but it could also just be that I am used to ranked

Welp, guess I'm not going digital anymore.

Bit creepy m8, woomies just seem cute in a 'awwh' kind of way.

Why wouldn't there be?

+3.5 with H3, CRB, Rapid and chargers
+5 with everything else, including everything in Spla2n so far. Will probably leave stick sensitivity maxed even if I need more precision

The new version of Moray Towers feels huge. The pathways are a lot wider. I'm guessing because of the new roll move? The heights of the levels feel a little shorter though.
Anyway, I like it. The new rails are really fun.

Why can't boys be cute?

I like the side bang. It makes him look like a cute little art student hipster. Swept back is such a douche look.
>Guy who brags about being good at Splatoon but never actually plays Splatoon.

It's a great improvement. Though part of it might be lack of ELitres.

The rails are the only good new thing on it, everything else is shite. Moray should feel crammed.

Me too, user. Me too

Could be, just think their hairstyles suck.

>The pathways are a lot wider

Are they? They seemed the same to me, and played on old Moray Towers over the past week.

You are literally the only person in this thread who is buying this game strictly for nonsexual reasons, and even then I doubt it. Hell, same goes for any adult buying the game, Veeky Forums is just a safe place to be honest about it.

Squids are for sexual and lewd.

Definitely. It's like they scaled it up/scaled players down.

0.5 and 0.5. I am a simple man.

I'm buying this game because it's fun

The Splatoon 1 ponytail is garbage for sure, and I went out of my way to wear a hat to cover it. I like a couple of the new ones though.

Seriously? I was drawn to its Jet Set Radio kind of vibes and I stay for the mechanic that kills aren't all that important because I am shit shot in most games.

Gross..

WHERE ARE THE RESULTS

Where are the Splatfest results!

What play mode is the best if I got a high kill count with dualies but end up losing the turf war?

Sure, but you and anyone else over maybe 13 would dismiss it if not for fuckable girls.

I think Veeky Forums has distorted your view of the world.
I've always been interested in Splatoon for the gameplay because it's Nintendo and colorful yet competitive in a way that's different than Smash. I'm not attracted to inklings or octarians or any characters in the game. I'm bisexual.

Other regions still have to play. Assuming North America is the last they'll be finishing up at 3am BST, so you'll likely see the global results in the morning.

Dunno about Japan and the Rock/Pop results.

Holy Shit Cake Won!

I bought it because it's a fun, non-standard shooter. My desire to bang squidkids is auxiliary

This is actually false. I would still love Splatoon even if it was still rabbits or tofu.

This Game is great by its own, loli squids just make it better.

Not sure I follow your logic there. Why can't adults just enjoy the gameplay and colourful graphics?

Is anyone going to eat the dessert they're repping during the splatfest? I've got mint chocolate chip ice cream waiting for me, it's even team colored.

No because I'm going to be having both tomorrow for my sisters birthday

-2 stick, -1 gyro

Don't lie, user.

The fact that people want to fuck the squids is embarrassing to me. I just love the fucking gameplay

kill yourself

>Nintendo of Europe in charge of results

The only thing I love more than tasty squid lolis and squid shotas is good gameplay

Fuck off normie

Take it up with Nintendo, they put a naked girl on the screen every time you start up the game and gave all the girls tight shorts.

I wish I could draw, so I could make nightmare fuel to be sprayed on other player's walls.

I personally am buying the game entirely for Squidverse shitposting.

What if it's taking so long, because this is the first ever tie?

>Ever considering going digital for a console game

Yeah there's tons of winners.

Miiverse was a fucking goldmine of every type of humor imaginable.

While we have some down time here are some questions to talk about.
How are the splatfests shaping your expectations for Splatoon 2?
How are you transitioning to Splatoon 2 so far? Are you excited to relearn? Or are you more anxious?
Something that you liked? Something you hated?
Did you do as well as you'd hoped?
Did you use joy-con, or the pro controller?
Do you think we'll see balancing patches early on?
Did connection issues seem better or worse than the first game?

>Switch
>console
It's a handheld that comes with a glorified plug to output to a TV. If it was a console Splatoon 2 would look like a game made in this decade.

Impossible due to the new system

Wouldn't really describe myself as a normie, just not sexually deranged.

I'm doing better in Splatoon 2 than I ever did in the first game. It was the same for the testfire as well. Something just clicks with me in this game I guess.

Actually, it's more possible than ever. Only one of the categories has to be a tie, then the other two can be a win for one side and a loss for the other.

This was my first time playing Splatoon 2 and I feel slightly sad that the game is so similar to the first. I’m not sure what I expected...

All the changes are welcomed, though, and I’m definitely excited to relearn everything. New specials are great, the roller and charger features are great, the music is great, everything is great

I think a very overlooked upside to Splatoon 2, and probably the reason we got it so soon, is the fact that it's on something people actually own. I bet more people are going to have played the three regional testfires alone than bought Splatoon 1.

Agreed

If I buy splatoon for spaghettis, but I am not gay, does that mean I am not 'sexually deranged'? spaghettis are just really nice

For people using the Pro Controller, sticks or motion?

Ah you beat me to it

>he doesn't buy his multiplayer games digitally and his single-player games physically

Don't worry spaghettis are fresh.

Ad results: Could it be.. EU is actually conjoined with the US ?