The last God Machine™

The last God Machineā„¢

You seem to have posted an image of an over flowing trashcan, mate.

t. soy racer

>dis an asian trashcan
>that makes me an asian?
Wat

life isn't fair, why does the wrx sti live while the far superior evo dies?

ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR

Because more people bought the better car?

>more people bought the slower car

fixed

Why are Evo owners such huge fags?

mitsubishi thought people would want a dual clutch trans when in reality people wanted stronger internals and more modification potential out of the box

how fast is the 2018 Evo?

Sti are even worse

>doesnt know about the epic soyboy meme
back to >>>/reddit/twitter/facebook/instagram

t. gatekeeping soyboy

As fast as the new ford falcon crown Victoria gm zeta

You seem to have posted the wrong image

The thing is, Evo was never better or worse. They were always really close to each other, and getting better and better with every iteration- simply because there were two of them and neither of them wanted to lose. Now only Subie is left.

not even, the evo always had a better engine transmission and drivetrain

the sti just had a better interior

i like my evo a whole lot but RWD cars are more fun

DELETTTT

How could anyone dislike the Evo? It's honestly a great car.

In before pigfat. Balance, suspension, and mild camber to reduce tire roll-over can make up for extra weight in corners and power can make up for weight on the straights. Example: GTR.

>not posting the XR6 Turbo

Nah, they made some pretty hot final runs of the Commode, bro.

It wasn't better or slower

Its just that if you're spending $40,000 on a car you want the company selling it to stay solvent while the warranty lasted.

The STi had a better dealer network (more of them out there), was more practical/livable (Evo Xs were nice inside though), and was being sold by Subaru (which sells other cars aside from the Evo) vs Mitsubishi (which just sells....Evos and the occasional SUV).

If Mitsubishi was smart they would've made the Ralliart into a proper WRX fighter (manual trans and $5000-7000 cheaper than they were at the time, kept 5 door hatch).

And actually updated the Lancer (same car from 2007-2018). The interesting thing is that they sort-of did. Its the only other new $20,000 economy car that isn't the Impreza that you can get AWD on.

mitsubishi was a poor company, they just couldn't develop a huge line of cars

they couldn't lean on their other cars to fund anything and put too much R&D into the evo, subaru pretty much puts no r&d into the sti because they know people will buy them regardless

meanwhile mitsubishi put a ton of money and research into the evo x, in a market which just isn't big enough to justify a huge investment

>Evo was never better or worse
yes, it was. it dumpstered the sti on the track.

Almost 100k miles on my IX.

Still no regrets buying it.

But WRX is much sturdier, taking both mods and general abuse better than Evo. That's why subies were more represented in rallying.

Wrong

Subaru had better manufacturer support and Initial Perceived Quality while stock WRXs blow up out of warranty from broken ringlands and spun bearings left and right

A big factor in motorsport success is how much support will the manufacturer give towards their motorsport efforts.

Are you for real? Evos are almost universally known to be easier to mod (at least power wise). You must be talking about stance/rice/cosmetic mods... in which case, you are disgusting.

F

not even an evofag and this just makes me sad
gen XI never ever

Not never ever. If GM or the like bought Mitsubishi's rights to the name we could see another. It would actually make sense because GM has no domestic hot hatch to compete with the Focus RS or STI

>GM can fuck up the Evo
id rather evo stays dead rather than it getting raped

Can you see it, "Pontiac Lancer Evolution" alongside a new firebird? Aim highly at Gen Z as they love nostalgia stuff and hate their parents. Their parents never drove Pontiac and it was around in the 80s.

>Evo with GM V8 engine and Mitsu awd
WANT

>lan evo
>anything other than 4 banger 2 litre

>not wanting max power

but user think of the torque

>anally raping a rally car
LS engines arent bad, but keep them in the corvettes, dont ruin the evos reputation
even the new subbies keep the old 4 banger

I don't see why GM couldn't offer multiple engines. OEM's are throwing turbo 2.0 i4s into lower tier muscle cars, a torquey NA 7.0 v8 in a chassis 2/3s the weight would dominate.

id actually be alright with that, as itd at least carry on the old 4 banger 2 litre rally tradition while offering a more powerful version
just hope they keep the 280hp tradition too with the option to tune it up for 300-400

2.0l WRXs are pretty bulletproof. The 2.5l ones can grenade themselves under substantial amounts of added power though

What would the LS version make?

id say 500-600+ would be more than needed as the evo isnt fat as fuck like some ls cars and would only need that