V6 in 2017 still making under 300 hp

>V6 in 2017 still making under 300 hp

>Faggot frog poster still thinking using a cartoon frog to convey emotions is gonna get people to care about his thread

>R E L I A B I L I T Y
E

L

I

A

B

I

L

I

T

Y

>a modern V6 makes less hp/l than a 30 year old Honda 4 banger

its sad for sure

Wow I can't believe literally every engine is a performance engine designed to extract peak power!
Oh wait no, that's not how the world works.

>hp/l
Lmao

Good. That's how you know it doesn't have a shitty power band

spoken like true v6 mustang cucks

Indycars are like 1.6 liter v6s tho

nah it's F1
indycars have a 2.2 L

Tell me what you use the hp/l metric for? How is it at all relevant to the real world?

It's a pretty damn good indicator of how well an engine's been engineered

Explain your reason. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to go hp/engine weight or HP/engine volume?

>great naturally aspirated engines soft cap around 1.6 hp per cubic inch around 6500 rpm
There's objective math to how shitty a car is and what you can expect from an engine
>btw 14.5 psi from a turbo is around 1 atmosphere and should almost exactly double horsepower and torque
>subtract parasitic loss for super chargers

>HP/engine volume
You answered your own question. Retard.

I bet you live in America, OP. Have fun getting pulled over, fag.

>he thinks the amount of space an engine occupies in an engine bay has any relation to the engine's displacement

LS engine master race

WHP > Crank HP

look at that flat ass curve and linear power

thought thats what v8fags always jerk over

and given the weight of the Civic it came in the power to weight isnt even that far off from a new Camaro

14.5 psi from what size turbo? A big turbo at a lower pressure can make more power than a small turbo at a higher pressure.

>damn good indicator of how well engineered an engine is
For fuck's sake user stop listening to carthrottle. Let's take an LS3 and a Coyote. Both made around 430 horse in the same time period, early 2010s. The LS3 is 6.2L. The Coyote is 5L. Obviously the Coyote's better, right? Not necessarily. The LS3 was lighter. The LS3 had a slightly lower center of gravity. The LS3 had a flatter torque curve. To be fair to the Coyote, it revved 1000 RPM higher.
Which was the clearly better engineered engine here?
Or let's talk about workhorses. The Loma 2.3, for instance. Sub 100 hp out of a 2.3. WOW THAT'S FUCKING SHIT AMIRITE
It's a workhorse engine. Made to last many hundreds of thousands of miles and get semi-decent gas mileage. Why would it be tuned to make power?

Oh and the LS3 was physically smaller than the Coyote by a couple inches.

the Coyote is obviously the better engine with more potential

LS engines are mediocre at best

>early 2000s golf r32
>3.2L vr6
>239hp
>impossible to make more power out of

>early 90s 300ZX na
>3.0L v6
>222hp
>headers, a cam and a tune will put you 250-270, and a +t is ease

I’ve never understood why this was allowed for a modern “performance car” the torque curve isn’t even great

>early 90s 300ZX na
>na
it was the base model, the TTs produced 300hp, which every by today's standards isn't slow...that is, unless you're OP

Displacement volume isn't the same as the space you engine takes up.

How is revving 1000rpm higher to make the same power a positive?

More revs to play with means you can gear lower.

>implying how well an engine is engineered has anything to do with drivetrain losses

It's more like a damn good indicator of how low or high an engine revs. The highest hp/l production engines are all super oversquare motorcycle engines that rev to an F1-tier 16,000RPM, and can and do put out F1-tier hp/l figures with a little ECU tuning, head work, and forced induction. These machines, despite their benchracer numbers, are basically being lugged at city speeds. Crack open the throttle on an R6 and...wait. Without an extra short first it's not going anywhere for a few seconds. And first is tall because circuit racers need to be in the powerband for slow corners, which are still 40-50mph. Those engines also have solid lifters and need them manually checked and adjusted every couple years, or every other race.

An engine tuned for pedestrian use will be built and tuned for a lower powerband, and lower revs if need be, and have a worse hp/l figure. Also can't forget the head that flows less air because the designers wanted to meet fuel efficiency targets for marketability and CAFE shit.

So much hate on the LS but its GMs only redeaming quality besides cheap maintenance

Just lol. There's plenty of room to play with in a 6 speed. You're hardly going to end up with a high first and second because you motor does 1000rpm.

It's not even about a high first and second radio, it's just a bit extra to have when choosing a final drive ratio.

Why do ecoshit boxes need 300hp??

>tripfag is correct about something

What timeline is this?

stay btfo shillary

Lol bro the 350z was comfortably making nearly 300 15 years ago. The fact that cars haven't changed that much since then is sad especially when the big 3 all have cheap v6 through 2017 that you can buy used with 300hp for under 2k

hp/l, bench racer detected

Made 300hp 4 years ago, pal.

So you don't have Linda up your ass in her crossover or crew cab, So you have a chance of passing said bitch.