>no oil stains on bench
>no rags strewn around
>no loose bolts and nuts anywhere
>no loctite stains
>no bench vise
>no coffee stained printed diagrams
>no haynes manuals soaked in oil
>organization at all

If your work bench doesn't look like a hurricane blew through it, you're not working hard enough.

I got a few nasty areas.
This table resists stains pretty well.
And normally my tools look like a transmormer swallowed a grenade.

Do stained floors equal mechanic cred?

Posting battle station
>aka my mom’s garage

Who else /wallart/

it just mean you're sloppy
but being clean is like wearing gloves it take away your cred

>come back after month away
>cleaned the benches out, vacuumed and emptied the trash before I left, and sorted the tools into the right spots and boxes
>dad has been working on the lawnmower
>ohwhythefuckoldman.gif
>my main socket set is in pieces all over the big workbench
>small puddle of oil on the floor
>impact driver is lying on its sided on the floor, handle covered in grease
>nine broken drill bits in various spots
>unflattened cardboard boxes are stacked in the trash
>vice is covered in metal shavings, and it has been pulled into the slider
>screwdrivers are put back, but in incorrect order
>the tip is bent on two of the small screwdrivers
>worklamp has a broken bulb because it was dropped to the floor

and
>he knocked over and broke my big box of assorted cable shoes, and proceeded to vacuum them up & put them in one big jar

In laws driveway. Tool kart, air compressors, jack, stands, tranny jack and all parts/fluids are housed in spare bedroom until my 8x10 shed arrives this week

>all those bent/broken parts

i can tell from just that one picture that my rent is more than you make in a month

I get one side of my parent's garage. Living with them until I finish my ASE certs at the end of this year.

Good for you? And we care why?

Is the Porsche 944 a good car? I am thinking of getting one.

ok

Not him but no and yes. Most of the 944s around are going to be beat to shit and improperly cared for.

they are an order of magnitude more mechanically complex than toyota/honda stuff so just be aware of what you are getting into

My benches are messy as fuck. I need to invest in a bolt bin and sort through every piece of junk I have. Recently cleaned out the garage too lol, before I could t even access this bench.

I'm a Bit of a pack rat when it comes to spare parts and tools. I've got spare parts hoarded for vehicles I sold nearly 10 years ago that I can't bring myself to throw away

Tool storage game is breddy gud though

My other clusterfuck of a bench

Is that a regular Vibe or a Vibe GT?

I recently painted everything bright white and put in a dozen 100w led bulbs so it no longer feels like a dungeon. No windows lol

It's me here.
Is it a good car? Yeah, I absolutely love mine. Though, as said, they're far more complex than most other shitboxes in its price range. Before buying one, you certainly have to know how to turn a wrench because you can't take this car to the dealership unless you want to sink sink ton of money into it.

Mine has been my daily for a year and it had never left me on the side of the road. Driving it is rewarding and fun as hell despite it not being very fast at all. I also have the 83 with a depowered rack, which if you can get, is the best thing ever.

Parts are slightly more expensive, but they really are not anywhere NEAR as bad as people say they are. This car can certainly be maintained on a budget.

Part 2:
My best advice to you when buying one is
1: Get one already in fairly good condition. Believe me, one for $1500 will end up costing 3 times more than one you buy for $4000.
2. I've found that, at least in my personal experience, the earlier cars are easier to work on. 1985.5 and older are simpler in many aspects and parts seem to be cheaper from what I've found.

If you buy it right, they're great cars. I drive mine everywhere and haul all sorts of shit around in the hatch with space to spare.

Mig/fluxcore welder on the ground by the welding table, still need to make a cart for it. Not pictured is the shelves full of tool kits, oil jugs and other knick knacks. Compressor in the other corner with 100' of air line. Propane forge in the middle of it all. Need to get a bigger garage door opening soon. Jeep can barely fit in these days.

The place is in a disastrous state of affairs right now. Packed with home reno shit since Im redoing my basement on top of working 6 days a week. Its like the bastard middle ginger child.

At least I can run my forge once a week though. It may be a while before I get either of my vehicles back inside. It sucks working in the driveway.

aw how cute you boys even have matching onesies

Parents carport, all my tools are lined up along the wall + work benches , don't have a picture of that tho

>being dirty means you have cred

My non-mechanic friend's believe this.

After 10 years of working on vehicles and equipment I can tell you that I wear a pair of 8mm nitrile gloves all day long at work and if I'm lifting anything sharp or rough I put a pair of leather gloves on overtop of those nitrile ones (which go up passed my wrist). At the end of the day I wash my hands lightly with some soap and water, I don't have any risk of getting grease on the steering wheel of a customer's vehicle and if I get a glob of grease on my hand I just rip off my glove and put a new one on.

Having hands that crack and bleed in the winter and are constantly encrusted with dirt doesn't mean you have 'cred' and know what you're doing. I'm not attacking you personally but people poke fun at me but I do my job professionally and look professional while I do it.

Yupp we were those disposable painters coveralls that are paper thin because it was 89 degrees on tthanksgiving in the sun working on the car

Waiting on a pair of vise screws to arrive so I can finish that work bench.

Okay then.

The Falcon and Torino have actually been swapped around.

No tools aside from those on the roof of the Torino because they all got left in another state and I have to build most of Ly collection from the ground up.

Florida detected!
pic taken during the one week of winter we have.

regular vibe
was tempted to swap in a 2zz but it's an automatic so it would be wasted
swapping in a regular 1zz. I really hate how you have to drop the engine and transaxle

So you brag about paying too much for rent?
If you're such a financial wizard,why brag about rent?
Also my mortgage is probably less than your rent. Guess what happens when you move out vs when I move out.

Comfy chair in your garage.
Game over,you win.

Noooope southern Cali

>vibe
Fun fact about the vibe, after Pontiac imported the matrix and built up the vibe, toyota brought them back to japan and sold them as the voltz.

Finally have a garage to do stuff in and it feels good. I'm so used to using driveways, having to walk back to grab more tools, and people walking by asking questions.

getting ready for speedy speedy speed boy things next year

Oh.
That's probably better.

user can you not copy me? Thanks

>Has the decal on the fender
Can you not be gaudy as fuck?

>implying I don't have bigger problems at hand than a STICKER
My man...

You are the kind of guy i would go to service my car. Take this as a compliment i do not say this often.

Do you do some work on the side, lad?

Sorry. At least my car has an interior.

Nah. I'll do basic stuff for friends, family and coworkers, but I dont have the time to do work on the side, and I dot wanna be sued by some dumbass who had his brakes serviced and then crashes the car to sue me

Sounds like it's time to grow up and move out.

You’re right about the gloves. Only guy in my shop who doesn’t like wearing gloves is also the most useless. Even though he never gets anything done, he always ends up the dirtiest at the end of the shift, idk if he’s just clumsy or if he does it on purpose.

However, regarding workstations, the top 2 mechanics in the shop also have the messiest workstations. Bolts and spare parts from old repairs litter their carts and their tools are soaked in years’ worth of grease, but they get the most shit done, and the company respects that. Personally I keep my tools clean after I’ve used them for the most part, but I and my tools are both still pretty new so that’s not unexpected.

>t. tour bus mechanic

tfw both parents live in apartments on opposite sides of the world from me :'(

I've passed out in it next to the wood stove many a time after a night of drinking and/or smoking, wrenching and listening to zeppelin