Agricultural machinery thread

you've read the title. let's get into it

here's a question: how much do american farmers use european equipment? i'm talking about brands like fendt, valtra, deutz-fahr or claas?(especially claas)

also, claas is lauching a wheeled front loader called Torion, and some models have Liebherr engines(pic related)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/juv_wC_-HLQ?t=38s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumping with a grape picker

>some models have Liebherr engines
The whole machine is a Liebherr with green paint.

I wonder what the price difference is

i happen to have a Claas products catalogue for 2018 at hand, and as is tradition, there's no price mentions anywhere, for anything

why do you have a machine for that when all of europe has millions of unemployed military aged males lounging about?

depends, for top tier vineyards who make the best wines, the grapes are picked manually.
it's entirely up to what you're going to do with the grapes, wine-wise

>Huge ribcage
>No ass
>As much chin as chad thundercock

Is this what real high test looks like?

Hungarian Hofherr hot bulb engine tractor

what's the horsepower on it?

youtu.be/juv_wC_-HLQ?t=38s

I've never even heard of those and I live in farm country rural Michigan.

Around here it's John Deere, New Holland, and Case IH.

Small private owners, for small gardens, might use something foreign like LS Tractors. Usually Massey Ferguson if not John Deere.

What ever it is i am sure there is enough gear reduction to make that negligible.

As for heavy machinery, it's usually Caterpillar, Bobcat, or Komatsu.

Do IT support at and agricultural machinery manufacturer. AMA

you don't want to be specific, don't you
also, i don't suppose you handle the electronics of the machines, do you

you handle animals as well, i see
what else do you use around the farm?

Don't really want to give away where I work. Would post a quick photo, but Marketing has been going jam splattering our logos everywhere.
And no, not really. My position as a Jr. Sysadmin doesn't even go anywhere near that, it's more about making sure both production line and offices' pc's and networks are in full working order.

>going ham

Thanks autocorrect

thought you'd be one of the devs that work on the automations on the machines, like JDLink or something

30hp (continuous op.), max 35 hp.

>JDLink

Oh I remember that, R&D did some research on it, when news about tractors locking down with unauthorized maintenance popped up , if our machines would make the tractors stop working (forgot to say our work is 100% tractor addons, rather than standalone machines). We didn't even look into it much, found JD's tractor DRM is only applicable in the US, and we don't sell to the american market.

What do I need to know about dinky little wheel loaders?

whatever is relevant for whatever you want to do with it

my family farm uses FIAT tractors form the 80s

the fuck, john deere makes cucumber pickers?