I have a 1991 oldsmobile 88 royale the key won't turn in the trunk release. There's no trunk release button...

I have a 1991 oldsmobile 88 royale the key won't turn in the trunk release. There's no trunk release button, I don't have the remote trunk release. I know where the trunk release button is supposed to be I addressed the user manual in my glove box and the trunk release button is non existent. I have a six pack of beer on ice in the trunk I need to reach. What can I do anons?!?!

Pull the back seat

Good advice, just went out and looked. Solid wall behind the seat.

Punch the lock barrel through and pull the linkage with needle nose pliers

My trunk won't latch again after this or it won't be lockable?

You'll have to fix the body where you punch the lock though

sounds like my beer is going to go bad then, but then again my spare tire is also in that trunk.

OK, m8. I'm a locksmith and these are the steps I'd follow if someone called me to open their car boot
>if lock feels like it hasn't been used since it came off the showroom floor, spray a fuck load of lube in barrel, make sure key is strong, slowly work lock back and forward to see if it frees up. Might take a bit of guessing if you don't know how a lock feels when it's dirty Vs binding
>if wafers feel like they're binding, try inserting the key all the way in, pull out just one wafer, apply turning pressure to key and tap in with a soft screwdriver handle
>look for fold down back seat access. Climb in, remover trim, remove lock

how did you get the six-pack of beer in there in the first place?

/thread

It opened the first time but this car is kind of a rusty piece of shit.
I filled the lock with WD40 and wiggled it around a shitload. Is there a lubrication you recommend? Thanks a lot for your help.

Nah, pressurised piss will do the job. You just need to blow all the shit out of it so the wafers aren't jamming.

>a lubrication you recommend?
not the locksmith but,
i would recommend repeatedly coating your key in 3:1 oil and sliding it in and out of the lock,
engine motor oil will work if you have nothing else
gently wiggling and trying to rotate key in lock as you go

in the past i have had door locks on my older vehicles get dry and stuck like this
winter seems to make it worse sometimes.

but slowly oiling and gently working the key in the lock always does the trick
the point is, you need to get evrything inside the lock mechanism lubed up really good to get it to break free and operate smoothly
in older vehicles its not a bad idea to oil the locks once a year to avoid this. just be aware some oils attract dust, dirt and can gum things up
there is probably a special lock lubricant of some kind

a lit match should do the job just fine

OP it's been an hour, is the beer still cold? Did you get the lock moving? Punch it out and Nigger rig the latch? I'm oddly invested in this and need to know.

spray penetrating oil in that fucker
let it sit for a while (might be able to open it after a minute but let it sit anyway)
then spray a fuckton of lubricating oil.. not wd40 .. something more like white lithium oil

He's gonna have to take it out once he has it open anyway. Car lock barrels are supposed to run dry and cunts spraying lube in there is the reason they get clogged up in normal conditions

Post a photo of your dash to the left of the steering column

>WD40
Why, was it wet?

Check your relay in the fuse block
this

it's not there trust me i went through the car manual and it told me exactly where the unlocking mechanisms for the trunk are. It also noted that those features were optional. I checked all locations, first place I looked was to the left of my steering column because that's where it's usually at.

I'll try this out. I sprayed carb cleaner in it a little bit ago and a bunch of filth came out of it so I imagine that helped a little. I'll lube the shit then spray carb cleaner through it again so it doesn't get gunked from the oil later on. Given that it opens.