/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Here we talk about all things Sonic! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #824 - Space Trip Steps Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Several Sonic Events Happening at San Diego Comic-Con 2017
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sounds-of-sonic-music-event-set-for-san-diego-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes-panel-at-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-augmented-reality-experience-coming-to-sdcc/

Tons of new info on Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric Development Found
tssznews.com/2017/07/11/tons-of-new-info-on-sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-development-found/

Sonic Forces Main Theme Lyrics Revealed - "Fist Bump"
youtu.be/XI97jY3FZ9Q

Sonic Mania Vinyl Album Announced
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/878297582383976449

Archie Update: Ian Flynn – “I’ve Heard We Should Get [Sonic] News by End Of July”
tssznews.com/2017/07/01/archie-update-ian-flynn-ive-heard-we-should-get-sonic-news-by-end-of-july/

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

windii.tumblr.com
rosy-the-gay-rascal.tumblr.com
earth-tooth.tumblr.com.
amazon.com/gp/product/B073VFFBPM/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=se0d12-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B073VFFBPM&linkId=651efb780bfccce9d2230d5f740e1ad3
amazon.com/Mens-Sonic-Mania-Studiopolis-T-shirt/dp/B01KUG9Y9Q
dailymotion.com/video/x5tp2eo
us.letgo.com/en/i/giant-sonic-the-hedgehog-and-tails_73d7ebe5-1ff7-4b65-b376-707d17f02678
youtube.com/watch?v=BDcfVFs1Jnc
youtube.com/watch?v=b7dboEkXM68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fast

FAST

FASTER

bump

Also reminder that it's /sthg/'s birthday in 10 days.

This is Shadow's big brother. Say something nice about him.. it.. whatever the fuck it's supposed to be.

>tfw Crush 40 has been replaced by Hoobastank

c-can someone share abt's discord with me??

>MRW the custom character shows up in the next game after Forces

Nah, Ohtani just likes to shop around for singers. Jun found Johnny and stuck with him.

G. Robotnik: Shadow, I have some news for you.
Shadow: What it is daddy?
G. Robokink: My boy, you're...adopted...
Shades: What do you mean, father!? It cannot be! My big bro would've told me sooner!
G. Eggman: You see, you're actual father is a black space alien named Dark Bloom. He is the one...
Darkie: NO! I don't believe you! I was meant to be by Maria's side forever!
Shadow's False Pops: Look Shadow, you're brother is a fucking lizard! And you're a hedgehog! One's a reptile, the other is a mammal!

Sonic games do not need to feature high speed. Speed is integral to Sonic's abilities as a character, yes, but it doesn't need to be integral to the gameplay just because Sonic is playable.

I agree to an extent.

Sonic games can acquire a sense of speed through stage design without necessarily having Sonic actually move that fast.

In fact Sonic games don't need to be platformers at all. What I'm trying to say is please give me Sonic RPGs.

Sonic games don't need platforming, speed, or even movement. They should be about Chao. Everyone loves Chao.

I agree. I always thought Sonic is composed of speed and platforming, where they are balanced.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the source, even when I got the image 2 days ago. Reverse image searches don't work and I cleaned my historic yesterday. All I know is that I either got it from windii.tumblr.com or rosy-the-gay-rascal.tumblr.com or earth-tooth.tumblr.com. I'm certain it's in one of theses 3 sites. Oh, and you may get triggered for the kind of content they have, so stay aware of this.
Sorry for my incompetence. Hope that helps.

It's Knuckles. I mainly saved it because it features Knuckles and Sonic together.

one day this wont be first post and i will laugh

That day was five days ago though.

i laughed five days ago

amazon.com/gp/product/B073VFFBPM/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=se0d12-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B073VFFBPM&linkId=651efb780bfccce9d2230d5f740e1ad3

>Hope that helps.
Thanks for the response user.

>shirt that's just a game title

normiecore

Oh user, how loud would you like to be?

If it isn't a shirt showing tails molesting cream I don't want it

as silent as your dainty little farts

Not him, but I have this odd thing with gaming clothing.
One one hand, wear whatever the fuck you want.
On the other hand, vidya clothing can look cool, and hey, people wear stupid ass clothing with Kanye's face on so who am I to tell you a Sonic Mania shirt with a sick ass design isn't worth wearing.
On the third mutated hand, anyone who wears a gaming t-shirt along the lines of IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE TAKE THIS or some shitty Portal cake joke it ruffles my autism.
One because people shouldn't be allowed to wear unfunny clothing, but two, these people usually identify themselves as to what games they play, they make it their identity as to the person they are, because they play "Geeky things", and by that I mean ridiculously popular AAA games. Just so everyone around can say "Hey I'm a gamer too, I know Portal lol, this guy must be a cool dude"

But who doesn't pick their clothes for a purpose, maybe these people want that connection in their lives. Maybe it shouldn't annoy me someone wears a crappy Pikachu holding a mushroom saying GAMERS HAVE MANY LIVES. I mean, I wear exclusively Hawaiian shirts outside of work because they're cool but I also want to stand out slightly, How is that any different.

I do want that Mania shirt though.

I'm tired and stressed and outing meaningless thoughts onto you guys is my way of coping.

Now let me tell you where all our money's going and incidentally "The Mobian Problem"...

I see what you mean, I get pretty conflicted myself desu.

I usually go for the more minimalist or not so obvious approach but lately I've been pretty blatant; pic related would be an example.

I just want them to release that one Studiopolis shirt design as the poster it was obviously meant to be.

Stop posting about it. Just send him an ask on Tumblr.

Anyone who wears a video game shirt out in public is putting a target sign on them to get ridiculed.

Honestly, I don't understand how some shirts exist though; the ones that are either eye roll worthy due to a joke or an obnoxious statement, or just plain weird.

Which one, user? Because they had a Studiopolis shirt before.

And if they do they likely don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks.

finally, decent TLSC merch

Aside from outright vulgarities, it's never the shirt itself that's the issue, it's always the person wearing the shirt. There's a massive difference between a fat slouchy neckbeard or scrawny fedoratard wearing a Sonic shirt, and a decently fit, confident, hygienic guy wearing a Sonic shirt.

was the last time you went outside like, 2005? Video game shirts are normie shit now.

You don't even have to wear a video game shirt to get ridiculed, user. There's plenty of ways to make fun of someone for their fashionable choices.

This one: amazon.com/Mens-Sonic-Mania-Studiopolis-T-shirt/dp/B01KUG9Y9Q

Considering most people outside don't give a shit unless you're actively looking autistic. I've seen grown men with Mario tops on. Like, with their wife and kids.
Unless you got some fucking Azumangah Dioh or Bayonetta's crotch shirt going on, no-one will give a shit. Because outside isn't Veeky Forums or gaming forums, most people are just getting on with their day and won't take time out of it to ridicule some randomer wearing something with a Sonic shape on it.

I'm the user who gets annoyed seeing some of the more cheesy ones as well.

This man said it better.

this looks like there'd be a lewd version of this

Bump x Sage OTP

>I mean, I wear exclusively Hawaiian shirts outside of work because they're cool

Ronnie?

Oh yeah, so it was that one. I really like it actually, had to buy it quickly. I got the navy color.

I'm not sure if they're going bring it back though, I hope they do it again because I haven't seen it around on eBay and other websites.

I don't know if you mean a famous person called Ronnie or you know a Sonicfag called Ronnie.

Just some user in Wales who thinks just because the weather is shit it doesn't mean it can't be summer in my heart.

There is not, because as the old adage says, Bump is not for lewd!

context?

Iizuka was a surprise guest at a Sonic convention that Penders was a guest at. Which led to Iizuka seeing Penders's little booth there.

New Boom Episode Ready for Viewing.

dailymotion.com/video/x5tp2eo

I wonder if Iizuka had met Penders before that day. Do you think he heard of him, at least?

Sonic convention. Ken was invited and he met Iizuka.

Shadow?

I doubt it. At best, he would potentially know his name from the lawsuits.

Webber probably told him he's that comic writer who really likes Knuckles who tried to sue them, another video game company, and the comic company he used to work for because of his passion for the character.

>Sticks: "Why are we having such a hard time? We fight these jobber bots all the time!"

It's lines this simple that give me the biggest laughs.

>Whatever it is she's supposed to be.
Already having a laugh.

How would you feel if Sally replaced Amy? I only ask this since people seem to think Sally is a stronger and better role model than Amy.

Best hog coming through.

So why haven't you obtained a shirt of your favorite character, /sthg/?

Sally a shit.

Boom Amy is already a combination of her regular self and a Sally that isn't in so many damn relationships, so eh. Kinda redundant.

I'd laugh.

I'm not wasting money on clothes I don't want.

There are no shirts of him.

Like Sally, but I'd be annoyed.

I don't buy Sonic shirts

I'd drop this franchise.

>us.letgo.com/en/i/giant-sonic-the-hedgehog-and-tails_73d7ebe5-1ff7-4b65-b376-707d17f02678
>$60 bucks for two giant plushies
If these were closer to me I'd pick them up in a heartbeat.

People thought that back in 2010, no one actually thinks that now. Sally was a mary sue in SatAM, and in the comics she was an inconsistent mess of a character who only got good towards the absolute end of the preboot.

Me too, they are in pretty good shape.

I've been after the bigger version of that Sonic for so long...

Good shape and cheap, too. I've already got a giant Sonic, but he's not that brand. The Toy Network ones are just so much more accurate and desirable.

You have a smaller version?

>Michigan
>around 30 minutes away
Damn college books

You can't spare sixty bucks to give those two a good home?
Me either. ;_;7

would bumps super form be sticky-bump?

Yeah, I agree. Even if they're cheap carnival plushies, they're still my favorite plushies because of how accurate they are.

I actually don't have any ;_;

You got a KellyToy giant Sonic, I take it? 6 feet or 7 feet version?

Also, you remind me of someone else, you faggot.

It says price is negotiable... if you want them, maybe make an offer?

Yes

I also don't think I have much room for two 4ft tall bean bags and my dog would probably chew them up.

/cgl/fag here, do you think is a good idea to cosplay buddy for a con in december? I fell in this fandom and I want to cosplay someone from it, but I don't want to be in the hundreds of amy and rouge cosplayers. Plus I believe It's a bit more original choice
I don't know, I'm open for suggestions

Didn't you just ask this last thread?

Go ahead. Buddy cosplay would be pretty neat.

He wanted an answer.

Well then get rid of your dog.

Also, what are you doing having a dog if you don't have a few bucks to waste?

Cosplaying a Sonic character is always a bad idea unless you look good enough to pull off a humanized version of a Sonic character. And you probably don't look good enough so just make a generic GUN soldier costume.

Hello, user! I think you should go for it, especially if you start now.

Absolutely not It's a family dog and as much as I like trying to get Sonic merchandise, I don't absolutely need to if other things are priority.

He has the money, he has the "power"; what could be possibly need the Chaos Emeralds for?

I hope whoever drew this got a blowjob.

Hey, um, Barker's kind of cute. Also I can hear a bit of Kirk's WereGarurumon's voice seeping in.

Chaos Control

In the end it's a wolf voice for a wolf.

I don't know. I personally don't like buddy, plus I think chances are that either no one will recognize him, or that he will be very recognized and therefore cosplayed because of being the new thing.

pic related is a Chaos cosplay from last year.

youtube.com/watch?v=BDcfVFs1Jnc

Nah, he's using his Lucemon voice.
youtube.com/watch?v=b7dboEkXM68

L-lewd

>I remind you of someone else
Does your name coincide with the words "thunder" and "lightning"?

He's either gonna chew them up or hump them. One of the two.

How did I not notice this in SA2?

W-where's Amy?

Is she dead?

>Purposely looking up Amy's skirt
Sonic a pervert.