Begs for full size performance sedan with an LS

>begs for full size performance sedan with an LS
>gets full size performance sedan with a sexy LS
>no one buys
>gone in 3 model years

This is why we can't have nice things. Though, these are going for $40k new near me...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HIxngbwE8jg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Forgets that it costs twice as much as I can afford.

True but for what is essentially an M5 competitor in a sleeper costume ~$40k is an incredible deal.

I have only seen one. It is beastly. I wish i wasnt a poor fag otherwise it would be my future family sedan

Why did these not sell? I've seen 10x more of the last gen Ford Thunderbirds than these things. And I live in boomercity.

>Chevy

Well, there's your problem.

Theres a guy in my building who drives a 6MT model that he did a full Holden badge swap on. Looks badass and sounds incredible in an underground garage.

>Chevy

It's a Holden, user.

no one buys it because you can get a mustang gt with more power and for the same price, after all it is pretty much another muscle car

>comparing a two door coupe to a full sized sedan
>comparing a cop magnet two seater to a stealth sled that seats 4 comfortably
>comparing a fully loaded SS to a GT that has half the features

nah

It's ugly. If it looked like anything else, it would've sold
Literally looks like a rwd v8 Malibu

Be me
Like car
Would buy.

End up buying old corvette inst3ad cause no moni

>beg for cheap, light, N/A, RWD sports car
>get cheap, light, N/A sports car
>everyone complains about lack of power despite dirt-cheap pricing
>gonna be gone in 3 model years

Isn't that the appeal? If you wanted hurr racecar you can get a Camaro or a Charger. The SS is for not drawing attention to yourself.

that's the point you mouth breather

>LOADED WITH STUPID """TECH""" FEATURES
>AND OTHER OLD-MAN SHIT LIKE MAGNARIDE

>COSTS FIFTY-THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARYDOOS BEFORE TAXES AND FREIGHT

>COUPLED WITH TRADEMARK GM BUILD QUALITY AND UNRELIABILITY

Yeah gee whiz I wonder why no one bought these fucking turds.

A wrx looks much better and doesn't command attention either.
The older generation g8 looked much better.
A 3 series looks better.
An a4 looks better.
It literally looks like a rental car and not in a good way.
Yeah if you're an edgy vapelord autist who also likes crown vics

>Some of us like tech
>They're selling for ~$40k new
>Hurr muh GM build quality

trole harder little boy :o)

>this post angers the GM shill

kek, go buy one then fuccboi

>be Chevy, Chrysler and Ford
>Start branches in Australia and forget about them
>In the 60's this leper colony starts producing better cars than America can
>American leadership at this point is under the Jew and World agenda influence
>All three refuse to let Australia branches sell outside their area
>Decades pass and Aussies still love Utes, rwd, i6's, V8's and 0% ethanol gas
>OOOYYY VVVVEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!
>Globalists pay off Australian politicians to kill their own manufacturing base

GM has borrowed from Holden occasionally out of desperation since they can't design their own shit (Pontiac GTO, G8, 2010-2014 Camaro chassis is Australian, Caprice and SS). But now gained confidence enough to let them go. The Pony cars are absolutely toxic to the affordable performance car market. Nothing is allowed to compete against them.

As opposed to what car?

They should have built them with simple suspension and interior and charged 20-30k

Why did they have to add all the GM tech shit. the original Australian versions were fine as is.

Probably should have sold all the variations on the commodore.
Should have sold wagons, should have sold utes, should have sold base model sv6's for poor fags and top of the line HSV's for rich boomers.

Lexus IS300 Fsport, fagtron.

God those front ends are ugly

>Lexus IS and the SS should even be mentioned in the same conversation

vape more, flatbrim friend

I like the gtsr front end.
though the happy commodore front end is nicer i gotta agree.

Oh my god lol that car is absolute garbo and doesn't hold a candle to the SS in any regard besides interior. And I was backing you up at first

VE >VF

I don't like the pigfat.

pontiac GTO was better.

VX>VE

Only made for 3 years because Holden manufacturing ended recently-was never intended to be a volume seller like some of you would think.

Pontiac GTO was a mistake too, somehow managed to make a Monaro look like shit.

>Fails to mention they were expensive as unholy fuck to buy new

why not just buy a non-4dr for 1/3rd of the money with the same power

Or get a CTS-V

Or any other reasonable option that could have been had at the MSRP of the SS

>paying nearly 30 grand
>for a car that can barely keep up with 10 year old v6 shit boxes
>there's literally a video of one getting outrun by a mini van
>paying nearly 30 grand, to be in the company of a fanbase predominantly composed of boys whose car was bought by daddy and mommy

>better handling
>better performance
>better powerplant
>better interior
>better value
>better design

>literally better everything that matters

OK GM fanboys, keep vaping.

>make a 427 monaro
>charge $1million

If this was affordable it would have been the most popular car in USA.

>car known to last half a million kilometers before problems occur
>not worth 40k new
seems like a fair price.
on't American cars break down after 100k miles?

they're not selling for anywhere near MSRP now. Sure, at $50k it's a harder sell, but $40k?

>implying people who buy 400 hp cars care about its comfortability
there is a reason no one buys it, people that buy a powerful car don't care about its back seats

>427 to ruin the handling of a monaro
>only 1 mill
Idk why it cost a million though.
could buy a real monaro with a bigger engine for that price and a few VZ monaros in different colours for daily drivers.

Nissan Titan syndrome. People don't know they exist.

>on't American cars break down after 100k miles?

They break down before 100k miles, actually.

Why buy a 4000 pound, 4 seater (rear seats basically useless) with 5 cubic feet of trunk when you might as well have bought the 427 corvette which had 2 less seats but a lot more cargo capacity?

It cost a million because of all the performance and handling improvements they added.

They wanted it to compete with the porsche GT2 and charge $215,000 but it cost too much to produce in limited quantities.

The ones they had built sold for a million.

And the people who do, don't care enough to buy them. Because they're shit and fall short of their competitors in one way or another.

There's no reason to buy a Nissan - if reliability is your thing, you're getting a Tundra. If chrome and nigger shit is your thing, you're buying a GM or a RAM. If being a poorfag with FX4 and other tacky shit on your humongously cheap truck is important, you buy a Ford.

Nissan doesn't do anything better than any of the others.

Same with the SS - if you are in the market to drop $50K on a new sedan, you're probably looking at an M series. If you can afford $50K, you can probably afford a bit more too, so you're looking at an AMG C63.

Not some poorfag Chevrolet product.

They wasted their fucking money then, it does not cost that much to modify a monaro.
What did they need to do?
1000hp?
50k at most
new suspension?
maybe.
Replace the brakes?
probably non they come with HARROP racing brakes to begin with.

The car with the same engine and same chassis and same transmissions are likely to break down over the other? are you guys retarded?

Should have sold all the variants.
>omega
base model alloytec v6 with 180kw
>sv6
top of the line alloytec sv6 with
>SS
bottom of the line SS commodore (what you got)
>SS-V
Top of the line SS commodore
>wagons
Explains itself, who does not want a wagon?
>HSV
because who wants a boring old mans bmw or mercedes instead of a proper 4 door saloon with a big fuck off v8 and a manual gearbox?

and there we go all your problems are solved.

One is a car designed and tested in Australia that regularly lasts over 500,000km in the desert, what American cars could do that?

So in other words, one car uses an american transmission, engine and the same platform to do something it could already accomplish>? guess that answers my before question.

No, performance wise it loses big time. It's slower to 60 and slower on a track. The SS has higher skid pad too.Sad.

50k car slower than a 30k mustang or camaro

it literally looks like a malibu

americans dont like rear wheel drive and they want to impress their neighbours so they get a caaaamry

How do Americans manage to change so little yet still ruin the look of a car?

5 comfortably. with enough room in the boot for a body or two as well. its a family sedan.

I would sell my fucking cock for a Maloo

Which maloo though?

Oh god that Pacifica video is fucking hilarious. To be fair that van has like some 4L v6 with an AWD drivetrain and some meme 9 speed transmission to boot

You forgot
>Dont market it at all, ever

it looks like it was designed 15 years ago. decent sleeper, but only a moron is paying $45k for this dated junk

>better performance

Are you fucking serious

>Better powerplant

Weak bait.

M5 makes way more power, the SS is more of an M4 competitor

Nobody cross shops a two-door coupe and a full-sized sedan. Fuck outta here.

You gotta try to be this stupid.

>Americans buying sleepers with zero marketing and unappealing styling
They are absolute fucktards.

If GM threw a stupid cadillac style bodykit on it like the CTSV they would have loved it.

/thread

not to mention the big 3 killed alot of their american manufacturing and import cheap shit made in korea, mexico and africa and have historically low build quality.

And the 350 dates back to 1955

Stop being a fucking retard you absolute mong

God im glad you stupid americans cant have these any more you dont deserve them.

Most likely would've buy it if they get rid of that piece of shit chebby logo.

IF only the interior wasnt complete shit it would have been a interesting take on the luxobarge segment

t. aussie

Still 10 times better interior than an FG X Falcon

ford interiors have always been garbage.

i love how its literally still a BA interior with a facelift

it's actually more like
>gm dabbled with bringing holden stateside
>realized it was a terrible idea making it compete with their corvette
>decided to never market it
>overprice it so nobody buys it and pretend it was a flop
>soon shot the exec who had the idea and killed the project
and this is why we can't have nice things; it hurts shareholder's wallets

>GM doing retarded things
Whats new?

it's not like they were just retarded, later they got butthurt and greedy

>Chrysler the bastion of reliability gets bought out by FIAT, maker of the most reliable cars ever.

Not much apparently...

>Italians cucking americans
OOOOOOOOOOOOH IM YANKYING OVER HERE
just typical gm things, look at ford.

>the old ass zeta platform that can't even beat a V6 camaro was some how competing with the corvette in any way
why do people make up the stupidest conspiracies for why the car didn't sell when the real reason has been posted dozens of times?

>can't even beat a V6 camaro

U WOT?

yea

>Weighs 400 pounds more
>Sunroof, Bose system, fully loaded
>Seats 5 comfortably
>Still basically ties

The ls3 has a shit load more mod potential too.

THIS

these things can turn with some wider tyres than those stock bycycle 245's btw

t. thicc rims 255 265 soon 265 285+

>>Sunroof, Bose system, fully loaded
all things a Camaro comes with
>Seats 5 comfortably
The vast majority of people buying a performance car do not care and if all they really wanted were a V8 5 seater any number of Lexus sedans or even a modded crown vic (a car you could also throw an LS3 in) could suffice.

this is one of the many reason why the Commodore never stood a chance of selling well in the US. that camaro is like 10 or 15k less BTW.

I test drove one the other week. Ride is nice and the acceleration is electrifying. I regret buying my ecoboost mustang. The SS was only 25k too...

25k used?

Lucky fucks
the SS is a instant classic, the camaro is a mustang tier disposable pos as soon as the new model comes out.

Just fuck off Sean. No one likes you and your fucked calais.

Oh piss off you absolute dropkick.

a GT350 is a better instant classic as its engine is more special.

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=HIxngbwE8jg

replace corvette for ute

test

It's worth it user. Every inch.

How's your Discord going, Sean? I bet there's so many riveting conversations going on in there. I guess you were goo goo gaa gaa in the head all along, not Postie.

Also, stop messaging me on Steam, you parasite.

Sup Maloo-user? Turned my VE from daily into a weekend car. Took some of the stickers off and planning on getting it completely repainted in yellow.

Nice one. Good thinking making her a weekender, not sure what the value is going to do now they aren't being made here anymore. How much are they charging for a repaint?

No idea on cost yet. This is more long term plans, thinking of doing paint at the same time as grabbing a few cosmetic mods from HDT. Probably going to be chucking in a full walkinshaw performance package as well in the future. Going to have the mortgage paid off in full mid next year so good to be rolling in cash after that. Value, might, go up in a few decades but it's only a VE SS so in terms of what's out there it's not the greatest thing. Your Maloo will probably skyrocket.

The fact that you used the wrx as an example already makes your opinion garbage.

Do you even know what a sleeper is you fucking busrider?

Christ that's so true. I had these fucking bogans who rebadge their Holden for no reason.