youtu.be/_Rp_FtFCs54?t=52
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnTbq_Eh2y0
youtu.be/1IMx4aWgeRk
youtu.be/_KEN-cxmGw8
dezeen.com/2014/09/15/movie-keiichi-matsuda-future-city-augmented-reality/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is what old people think is the future

I fucking hope it's not

Sounds better than modern F1. I think I just saw someone attempt a pass, too.

It sound like a american washing machine on euro voltage grid

They look and sound like spaceships, I think it's cool

Formula E will never have my respect because of the fact that a pit stop = let's get out of one car and into a new one which is dumb and wonky and doesn't make for good racing

Sorry, it is the future. You'll like it better when the cars measure motor torque in kilo-nm and pit stops are 3-second battery changeouts.

it's like an anime from the 80's
people will just go like well didn't really turnout as expected

pit stops are the least interesting part of racing

go ask /pol/, they're always right.

this

batteries are fucking shit

youtu.be/w7qIpKL5Vao?t=59

LOL what the the actual fuck

this is the worst overlay ive ever seen

dude you posted the same link as OP

fuck watching a second longer of that aids race.

and just when i thought f1 couldnt get any worse and resorts to more gimmicks to sell this Shite sport.

God EV is boring to watch

wait what?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH EV KEKS BTFO

>not pretending to be part of a pit stop crew when working on your car
>not going for a super fast time when taking out the lugs on each wheel
leave

>not lovingly doing things on your own time

trying to go fast in maintenance is like trying to cum as fast as possible

youtu.be/_Rp_FtFCs54?t=52

>people who don't understand UI/UX try to design a HUD for something they've never used and don't even like

>all that garbage
>meanwhile in literally a futuristic video game
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnTbq_Eh2y0
Score, Time, Health, Ammo, Current Weapon, all as unobtrusive as possible.

The actual goings-on are noisy enough, why do people think HUDs need all kinds or circular bars and excessive words and numbers and shit and random lines all around that don't refer to anything? Teal and blue are nice and all but there's so many bits there that just don't need to be there.

Fucking millenials. Design is all garbage now, no one does it to be functional, it's all retards appealing to other retards, and the actual functionality is lost.

dear god

ive seen this before

formula e is pathetic.

>driver changes cars
this is the real cancer

the whole point of Formula E is that it's so clean, it shouldn't need refueling or battery-changing. but outright changing cars is fucking trash, it shouldnt be allowed in any discipline.

>>all that garbage
>>meanwhile in literally a futuristic video game
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZnTbq_Eh2y0
How does the player know where he is or what he's targeting? Minimalism is great but this is a little much

rip motor sports

imagine rally cars running out of battery and just coasting to the side, or trucks failing deliveries.

EV is trash

this is how EV is marketed though
>battery goes bad after a year
>"just get a new car, dummy!"

good point.

just watch this it will cheer us all up

youtu.be/1IMx4aWgeRk

cant wait for this shit to flop

>imagine rally cars running out of battery and just coasting to the side,
Isn't that the whole challenge of the Dakar Rally? Having enough gas to cut across the wild rather than using public roads.
>or trucks failing deliveries
but trucking only works because there's gas stations everywhere, and gas stations generally have electricity.

EV racing isn't bad on its own, but swapping out cars entirely is cancer. It's like doing LeMans but just having second and third cars ready to go, it kinda defeats the point of an endurance race. If you're going to let people swap out whole cars, you may as well just make it a 3-lap sprint and do a bunch of them with different starting grids to make it more fair.

which brings me back to why is EV racing cars so fucking SLOW?

Formula e literally looks like RC cars going extremely slow

>this is how EV is marketed though
>>battery goes bad after a year
>>"just get a new car, dummy!"
ive never EVER heard this about EVs

The rings around the robot indicate enemy direction and distance (the rings get smaller as the enemy gets closer), the bar graphs are health and ammunition, and the currently targeted enemy is overlaid with an enormous spinning triangle. It's pretty simple, but has the same futuristic vibe of the Formula E overlay without being overbearingly stupid.

>Formula e literally looks like RC cars going extremely slow
1) the strategy and tactics are different because of regenerative braking so they don't priorities going as hard as possible like normal racers do
B) the tracks are tight and windy and often street courses so the scale makes them look slower
iii) yea they electric man what you expect it's fucking electric motors that weigh a gorillion pounds

it is literally a thing with tesla's that artificially limit their batteries range for muh lifespan but can also remotely disable the car as well as nerf the battery life.

Its cancer.
Why would anyone want to watch something that dull?

youtu.be/_KEN-cxmGw8

they don't have much power, I think 250 HP, and they're on road car tires so they don't corner as quickly as other race cars.

It has to do with EV's only having one large "gear" i think
glad i wasnt the only one who thinks anyone's 15+ year old shitbox is faster

>"The rings around the robot indicate enemy direction and distance (the rings get smaller as the enemy gets closer), "

>there is a human being on Veeky Forums that understands Ring Radar

you are cordially invited to fuck me in the mouth

shit i dont think ive even met a real person in real life who ive shown ZOE2 who understands it, including other people who own ZOE2 or ZOEHD

its only 220hp and thats not counting driveline loss, fuck its slow as fuck
apparently they have a Lo-Hi gears (2) but the gearing is retarded.

i thought the whole point of EV was not having the friction loss from the gearbox/driveline and driving the wheels direct.

LOL

>Why would anyone want to watch something that dull?
2bh motorsport that isnt rally is garbage to watch. I'm sure it's all fun to do and reading about the technology is great but actually watching even F1 is a bore

t. got to go to an F1 race for free once for work, it was shit

>it is literally a thing with tesla's that artificially limit their batteries range for muh lifespan
yeah and? It works. Thinkpads and Toughbooks have been able to do this for a while and it massively extends the working life of the battery, especially when the operator leaves it plugged in most of the time.

cant tell if that one is satire or not

bathurst is ok

everything else sucks ass because the tracks are flat babby tier

>i thought the whole point of EV was not having the friction loss from the gearbox/driveline and driving the wheels direct.
youre wrong

the point of EV is that you dont spend gas

EVs are trash in their current state but at least try to understand why some people like/want them

neither can modern developers
So instead we just mine materials even worse than petrolium that cost more to refine and produce as well as the much worse environmental impacts?

The whole myth surrounding EV that its "green" and good for the earth is a load of CRAP.

Anyone who hasn't played through Zone of the Enders 1 and 2 shouldn't be allowed on the Internet.

its not, it was an honest attempt from BMW

>they couldnt even shop the twingo out of the rear view mirror

the problem with motorsport is that its hard to appreciate what the drivers are doing, and tracks are simply too big to watch in the same way you watch a baseball diamond or soccer pitch or football field

idk why youre getting mad at me about this, i dont like EVs or Formula E
I just want you to recognize why they exist at all, im not saying theyre good reasons though

fuck off megaweeb take your trash with you
>the problem with motorsport is that its hard to appreciate what the drivers are doing, and tracks are simply too big to watch in the same way you watch a baseball diamond or soccer pitch or football field
Woudlnt be a problem if we had 4k+ 360 degree cameras everywhere in VR.
>I just want you to recognize why they exist at all, im not saying theyre good reasons though
They feel like toys though.

Its not a real sport, battery technology is obviously holding it all back, at least they could design a quickchange battery pack instead of swapping the ENTIRE fucking car, what the fuck.

>They feel like toys though.
thats the appeal

i never got past Compression Space on Extreme and probably wont ever because my 360 disc drive is broken and I only have ZOEHD and never had ZOE for ps2 because im a dumb gay nigger

>Woudlnt be a problem if we had 4k+ 360 degree cameras everywhere in VR.
nah, it still doesnt communicate the intentions of the driver. the thrill of driving is in actually driving. the tactics and strategy are quite boring, since like haha how do you even be slow just like nail the apex haha

>[EVs] feel like toys though.
OK

Jesus fucking Christ if this is what my windshield is gonna look like in 2069 I hope I don't have to drive the damn thing myself. Talk about sensory overload.
>inb4 this is a satirical picture and i look like a retard

F1 is not all motorsport. Go watch the Daytona 24H or Petit LeMans, that shit is great and the whole media circus that makes F1 unpleasant just does not exist. You can go to the grid walk, get all but in the cars and shoot the shit with drivers.

WHY DONT THEY HAVE QUICK CHANGE BATTERY PACKS?

No challange if they can just go jump into another car if they wreck.

>since like haha how do you even be slow just like nail the apex haha
I just watch motorsports for drama and crashes.

Nobody cares about talent, good drivers are everywhere.

>>inb4 this is a satirical picture and i look like a retard
again, iirc it was by BMW and entirely real.

>Talk about sensory overload.
I know, right? fucking fighter pilots have less intrusive HUDs. Actually, shit like Ace Combat is BUSIER than a real fighter jet -- a lot of stuff in vidya is simply absent and the only more complicated bit is modern gun sights (instead of the spoked wheel you usally see in vidya, modern fighter HUDs draw lines of the estimated shot drop at all ranges as a sort of funnel shape, with a proper sight of where the shot should land at the enemy's range. it's busier, but is easier to align the enemy in.)

>Daytona 24H or Petit LeMans
those are even worse, its all drafting and crashes and thats it

>the problem with motorsport is that its hard to appreciate what the drivers are doing, and tracks are simply too big to watch in the same way you watch a baseball diamond or soccer pitch or football field
Televised motorsport is really dull. You're right, you simply cannot appreciate the speed and the skill of the drivers while sitting on a rock at the end of a sand trap 150 feet from the track. In car cameras do a little bit but they're often low quality and badly positioned on purpose to catch as many sponsors as possible in frame.

The only way to truly appreciate motorsport is to do it so you know what drivers must face on the track. It's too bad televised simracing is even more boring and usually not visually appealing.

>simracing

>its all drafting and crashes
you just described every multi-car motorsport that achieves speeds over 100 mph

it's the only way to demonstrate why racing is an exciting, skillful sport without spending buttloads of money or risking injury.

Is that why people spend as much on wheels and pedals as most people spend on whole cars, and chimp out at anyone who so much as plays Forza without getting a whole plywood cockpit replica?

>exciting and skillful

>usually ends in reddit drama over people not using their blinkers properly to signal that they're going to overtake

It's just oversized electric go karts hahaha

that's a minority of very dedicated sufferers of autism and if you'll calm down you'll notice that's it's still cheaper than an actual race car.
>simracing
>blinkers
>completely missed the point

All I'm saying is an average person can play a racing video game and have an experience that demonstrates why other people spend millions of dollars doing it for real.

Pit stops are a symbol of the TEAM, and shows that races are not all about the driver.

OP here. I don't want to live on this planet any more

If they're so progressive and avantgarde how come those racers don't use touchscreens?
Checkmate ventriloquists

>not controling the car remotely in VR
move over plebian

yes which is why rally is the only watchable motorsport

That's how its done in the MotoGP as well.

Well sure, how are you gonna replace the wheels/tires on a motorcycle with the rider still on it?

Exactly, so where is the problem?
That guy was just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I think the whole carswapping thing is set to be removed as the cars are developed and batteries improve anyway. Everyone knows it's dumb but it's the only way it works currently.

>pit stops are the least interesting part of racing

Being this much of a pleb. Pit stops are integral to not only the overall time, but strategy of fuel burn, tire burn, aero tweaks, and show off a good team.

Go watch some indy car. It's like F1 if you take out all the euro faggotry.
>muh pit stops
> muh push to pass
>muh indy 500
>much ehtanol running engines without hybrid horseshit
>no rich mercedes dominating the sport

So Veeky Forums What is the next advancement in battery storage technology? right now we all know we are limited on space. But anything promising showing up in the next couple of years of research?

just some faggot London filmmaker who managed to get a car from mini as part of a film project
dezeen.com/2014/09/15/movie-keiichi-matsuda-future-city-augmented-reality/

Youre getting your Motorsports wrong m8

NASCAR is the one with the drafting and crashes.

Daytona 24/Sebring 12h/Petit Le Mans is the one with the porsches, Ferraris, Mercedes, Audis...

IMSA is great, give it a shot this year lad

No

>ywn live in 1970 and watch Can-Am at Watkins Glen
>ywn live in 1980 and watch F1
>ywn live in 1990 and watch classic IMSA
>ywn live in 2000 and watch FIA GT1

>>ywn live in 2000

Underage detected.

>Social media push to overtake button

>understeering
>oversteering
Thanks to the battery's weight.

People have trouble with ring radar? I mean ACV(D)'s fucks me but that's because the arrows are over such a large area on the HUD.

Teslas are far from the pinnacle of handling, but I think the driver was more to blame there.

>driver was more to blame there.
Nah, check out the weight of Tesla. Holy fuck they are heavy as fuck.
That's why Porsche is busy getting the solid-state batteries in their cars in 2020.

Curb weight alone doesn't make a car spin around like that. Mashing the pedal will.

I want to like Formula E, but whoever's in charge is trying so desperately hard to make it "cool" that it's just embarrassing.

>the Formula E Monaco ePrix
>that overlay
>city races are COOL
>but what about overtaking?
>dw senpai we had a poll before the race to see who gets to win

get fucked benchracer

the car is over 2 tonnes of course it handles like shit

Why did he get his hair cut like Mary Elizabeth Winstead?

I'M the benchracer because I'm talking about technique instead of just spitting out numbers?

You dont deny the Telsa is a boat, it aint no Skyline R35 with trick suspention and traction control muh computers

Its just a basic bitch EV car that handles like a boat

But in the gif, do you notice the almost complete lack of countersteer and sudden swing of the rear? Trying to slide around for fun, he pulled a mrcummy and so he spun.

>mrcummy
HAVENT heard that name in a long time

rip tripfags

He just popped in the other day. I prefer him gone.

eh.

Discords killed this shit board anyway.