/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread = NEWS =
>1.03 patch notes
tekkengamer.com/2017/07/04/ps4-tekken-7-patch-ver-1-03-launched-japan-regions-soon-follow/
>Ultimate Tekken Bowl trailer
youtu.be/-BaJENh1Irs

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/preview
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>T7 Character Information Compilation
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

gigas buffs when?

IKIMAS!!!

if it's me playing that's usually followed by them jabbing me out it :(

here I come, Alisa!!!

*uses snake edge*

*wavedashes at you*

*posts about dishonest unga*

>Press db
>Still get hit

You're in pools with your waifu when this guy picks Bryan and loses first round against you. What is your course of action?

90% of this game is dishonest

Does Claudio's 3+4 have a use?

claim a family emergency came up and take the DQ
I save my ass and can brag about beating Knee once.

>go against law nigger
>all the nigger does is unreactable low
>this leads into backflip launcher into another
>literally free 60 damage
nerf this faggot

how's the game for newcomers? will i find enough equally bad players to make it worth my while? i only played tekken 2, 3 and 6, usually against A.I.

tekken 7 is currently off 15% on steam.

story of my fucking life

Alright anons. Roll call! Post your:

Main
Waifu
Gender/Sex
How long you've played Tekken
Favorite Tekken song
Career/studying
Country
Favorite Food
Fetish

>how's the game for newcomers
pretty fuckin bad, would not recommend

I think I'm done with the game forever
I got so mad I punched my 400 dollar custom fight stick and literally broke it into pieces and had to get 5 stitches on my hand

Whhat? I blocked that! Look! I blocked that! Ack ack ack ack. I blocked but it was so delayed I got hit anyway. Okaay ack ack ack, such bullshit.

i guess i'll wait for MvC:I then, thank you!

It's fine just avoid Eddy, Ling, King, and Hwoarang players if you're new. They're all extremely frustrating to play against when you have no idea what's going on.
Play Kat for easy wins.

>SF pros block 3f jabs on reaction
>tekken players complain about snake edge

no

>unironically wanting mvc:I

I pity you.

pic proof :^)
never

i remember eddy from tekken 3, he was awful to play against haha

i'm still on the fence. it's either tekken 7 or mvc. i just want something relaxing, i've learned my lesson from getting creamed in skullgirls.

dont you dare pay money for that game

This is ebic on a 25 lose streak as Alisa and got demoted 3 times. Love this game woooo 2017 best game of the year

Fighting games aren't relaxing. You're in the wrong genre

>expecting fg to be relaxing

Wrong genre. Also, don't even think about supporting Capcom with that shit game.

Why is literally nobody playing this on a Saturday night?

>i just want something relaxing
Something tells me MVCi will be less frustrating than Tekken. Not only is Tekken incredibly difficult, the online is TRASH. I still don't understand why I can play someone on the opposite coast in FightCade and it just werks but in Tekken its like playing underwater

And people will talk shit but SFV has better online. No idea why Tekken gets a pass on this. I'm sure MVCi will have better online as well.

But either way fighting games aren't really relaxing. At least in MVCi everyone can spam silly shit and there's gems or power stones or whatever the fuck. In Tekken its just the same shit over and over again (don't pick an honest character if you buy Tekken) until the game becomes a science

I played earlier and don't feel like playing anymore
ranked is stressful

and what if it has the man in it

Because EVO

because all the shitters are out tonight
>just ran into 4 lucky chloe shitters in blue who literally do the exact same thing
>there's some nigger who plays law and repeats the same 2 moves, somehow made it to marauder
>some faggot is actually playing Panda in silver, blue and green
>multiple Katarina's that just spam 4444444
>Josies that press every button and somehow get results
I'll play tomorrow instead, I've yet to go against someone who actually plays a real Tekken character than some retarded shitter character
I'd rather play Paul desu

I'm sure they'll find a way to ruin him, don't you worry. Jeddah in vsav was pretty gory and they are obviously going to remove all those fun animations. I have no idea how they will have Disney approve a character cutting his own arms and head off and attacking with blood splashes - oh wait, I know they'll just take all of that out

>still using honest as a way to describe characters
Fuck off. Every character can do well in this game.

>Tekken gets a pass
Remember when SFV had tons of problems, connection being one of them? Remember how long it took to get even basic features into the game? Or how long it took to fix certain issues?

Tekken is only a month old and they've already tried addressing issues like online. At the rate they're going, I wouldn't be surprised if all issues were fixed before SFV had them fixed.

>same shit over and over until it becomes a science
You just described every fighting game in existence.

please don't take away his beauty.

Those are all Tekken characters, shitter. The only one who isn't is Akuma and that's only because he's from another franchise.

thanks for the replies guys. you're very helpful

>wrong genre
hey, you're probably right. i just remember having a lot of fun with tekken and guilty gear on a casual level. too bad i never knew anyone who was even remotely serious about fighting games, otherwise i might not suck so hard. i spent all of my time on fps games, at least there i'm decent.
i only played sf4 and skullgirls online and i can't remember winning even a single match.
it might be fun to learn a new game, though. i'll look up some tech videos on tekken 7 and decide then.
t b h mvc doesn't look all that great anymore, now that they've released more infos and announced the price. i have fond memories of umvc3 though, that's why i'm even considering it.

>e-even me?!

>Every character can do well in this game.
Only at a really high level, not at normie levels especially not in a 'relaxing' way

>Tekken is only a month old and they've already tried addressing issues like online. At the rate they're going, I wouldn't be surprised if all issues were fixed before SFV had them fixed.

Tekken 7 is like 3 years old. The arcade version was also netplay so I feel like you're just making excuses for Bamco here. That being said, they did react quickly to the Eliza bug and I truly hope they fix online. Its been miserable for me, worse than SFV ever was.

>You just described every fighting game in existence.
I think Tekken requires a lot more work and narrow set of play compared to marvel. I mean MVCI has autocombos and is designed to be easier to play. If you want to play at a high level its a different story. But there is no low level/casual level play in Tekken. The mechanics aren't intuitive and requires lots of reading (no tutorials so the game teaches you nothing), and single characters take weeks just to gain some level of competency with. One Tekken character even with a bunch of moves not even listed have a move list that's prolly 10x the size of a Marvel char

jedah had the fucking nastiest animations.

too bad the hitboxes never matched them

Honestly, I should've given you a better answer. Tekken isn't very casual, as you only have kyus-grand master to play casually. Even in beginner lobbies, you'll have people who want to learn and they'll play seriously as a result.
As someone who also used to only play Fps games, I gave Tekken a try back in Tag 2, which is even harder to get into. I'm still not very good but I don't regret it. Maybe you won't as well.

You sound like a scrub.

Then fuck off normie

Why do I sometimes still gets hit by mid/high when I press back?

>tfw you will never be a qt xiao player

why live?

You are aware that she is pretty average, right?

but she's good at tekken and has decent tits
thats good enough for most of tekgen im sure

She's MAD short as well, just incase you like short girls

>good at tekken

The net play was only for their specific region, no? The regions that had the game have way better connections in general.
I'm putting more faith into the team because they're at least communicating. Tournaments will be getting revised, input lag may be lowered, etc. Like you said, they responded incredibly quickly to Eliza's bug.
I do agree with your last point though. Too many things are hidden for no reason whatsoever. That needs to change.

Her friend is cuter.

What rank is consider average? I feel like I'm peaking at GM and Brawler, and I have 230 wins, it's embarrassing.

>implying I can land anything between average and above average

Most people will be around green ranks.

Do not project yourself onto people.
And I want to remind that she went out of EVO in pools, thanks to a Guilty Gear player

I don't think there is an average. Probably depends on your region and past experience etc

Like I'd expect getting Brawler in socal to be harder than getting Brawler in Australia

Is GM the equivalent of Platinum in Overwatch?

They both have uggo faces

>Like I'd expect getting Brawler in socal to be harder than getting Brawler in Australia

You get the Japanese players in Australia and Australia has an oddly strong Tekken scene of its own.

No, Green ranks are.

No.

/tekgen/ who do you play and whats the hardest you've ever been mauled/beaten

Most people have played past Tekken titles so they are at least Yellow.

I'm from Australia. Does that make it more embarrassing that I can barely even reach green? Or is it the opposite?

GM is probably like high gold

Lee and Claduio. Picking up Lars. Got manhanded by a Drag player in a uni tournament.

I'd say that mid yellow in tekken is like Plat in OW/LoL

Bryan
A Master Raven shit all over me a few days ago

>Most people have played past Tekken titles so they are at least Yellow.

Yeah, I doubt that.

Green ranks are probably roughly equivalent to gold/plat league in SF5. Expert/GMish is probably around about Silver.

In SF5, placing at Silver or above puts you in the top 20% of players.

"You're not getting anywhere with Gigas without fundamentals.
Use your jab and downjab in close. Remember that you can input d1f to recover standing from downjab so you can use the advantage on hit to force a mixup with db2 and df1 or whatever mid you choose.
Jab is 10f with +1 and long range, Jack doesn't even have that (his is 11 and 0 on block). Annoy the opponent by using jab a lot, when they start ducking or using high crush moves that means they'll slow down, so you can start using your df1 and df2 instead.
Jab, f2, df1, df2, ff2 and fff2 is what you use for space control. Maintain a distance just outside that range. If they don't whiff already for a d2 punish, step inside and jab them or go for fff2 or whatever. Harass them with your range until you can setup a backdash whiff punish.
If they run in on you f1+2 makes for a good keepout tool. Lots of damage on CH, pretty good on whiff and only -10 on block, if you use it right you shouldn't get punished.
df1 pushes away on hit and df2 pulls them closer. df1 covers one side and df2 covers the other. Definitely mix them up if you hit with df2, it's a good place to go for command throw because you're close already after hitting.
Use combo ender df3,1+2,1+2 when you can. You get free run up fff2, they have to stay down to avoid it (they can't even roll) so you can mix with db2 or whatever you like.
Use advantage from blocked fff2 to force them to block something like charged f4. (If they like to press buttons just CH df21 or f2 them instead so they learn to block.) Go into GOL to push them to the wall like so:
f4 > GOL (do your GOL attack right away)
Use GOL 2 until they start ducking it
Use GOL 1 once they start ducking"
(Cont...)

yoshi

tell law i'll see him in hell

Are you Australian? Bryans are like food to my Master Raven.

Skill difference between regions is probably not that large when you get down to it. Green players are going to be green players no matter where they are.

Eliza. I got absolutely destroyed by a yellow/orange rank who played Eliza without he having used her often.

(cont...)
Once they're scared of both, instead of doing GOL 1 or GOL 2 do another charged f4 or b2.
Repeat. Push them all the way to the wall.
When they're at the wall just do charged f4 or b2 (I prefer f4, more advantage + more range) without going into GOL and use the advantage to go for what you like, like db2, CH uf3, fff2, etc.
Remember Gigas has i10 wallsplat, the majority of Mishimas don't even have that anymore.
If there's no wall you just have to be patient and good at spacing.
That's all."

No you don't, Japan is as far of Australia as the UK is far of Russia.
Oceania has its own "map" in Tekken too.

No one cares redditor.

tfw i have no fucking idea how to play miguel in neutral or how to use savage stance
like, is there any situation where i should use stance to poke or pressure on block? it doesn't feel like it's safe to go into savage stance on block at all but maybe i'm missing something

>No you don't, Japan is as far of Australia as the UK is far of Russia.

Australian online still gets truckloads of Asian players.

the answer is simple
press any button and you're plus on block then press another button and get a counter hit

Fuck you that was helpful as shit

I play against people from Hong Kong and Japan. I somehow got matched with a Korean once too.

Nice ignorant post brah

Hey fellas I'm at work on break almost time to leave home and wondering how do I grab people laying on the ground as king?

Have you tried going to training mode and looking at his move list?

Nice anecdote
fucking vegemite eater

d/b+1+3 or d/b+2+4

Primarily useful in wall situations or after a parry.

American. Ravens usually have my number though

yes I have, I don't think I've seen it unless I missed it.

thank you kindly user

how many hours till top 8?

Why has the viewer count been so underwhelming?

I know it's not a number measuring competition but it just doesn't feel right a near perfect game like Tekken isnt getting the recognition it deserves. It makes my chest heavy

Tekken has never been that popular in the US.