Polo Vs Golf

Why would anyone ever even buy a golf when the Polo exists. Polo GTI - $35k vs Golf GTI - $52k. 1.8L, 141kw, 0-100km in 6.5 seconds. (AUD)

>kilowatts
>gasoline engine

Everybody point and laugh. Put me in the screen cap.

Sure, I'll laugh at you inverted bongs for using the wrong units of measurement.

well europoor, we don't get the polo here in America and pay less than that for a GTI.

Don't tell me you're suggesting the perpetuation of horsepower?

Bongs don't use KW while talking, just on car listings because europe

MPH and Meters baby

>that price for either of them
lmao volkswagen is literally the worst company

Polo is so small and feels cheap even for VW.

>$
>europoor

nobody, that's why they delayed it for so long.
they literally said the polo was designed too good, you get everything the golf has (minus a few cm of chassis) for way less money.
the highline with the slush-dash has the same materials and infotainment as the golf, you even get the FKP. Only the trend-line comes with hard plastics

>Golf GTI - $52k
>comes out to about $40k burger bucks

What the fuck. It starts at like $25k here.

I agree tho, if they sold the Polo GTI here I'd much rather get that than the Golf.

Neither, just Skoda

New shitboxes with old vw tech that lose value 2x than a normal vw. No thanks.

IMAO 52k for a Golf GTI and 32k for a Polo GTI Hahahahahaha oh my fucking god. They are 29k and 19k here in Germany. For 52k you can buy a C43AMG or a BMW 340i

>Go to VW show room
>All the new ones have the fucking pull-lever-to-make-seat-fly-forwards instead of the perfectly fine turn to adjust wheel things
WHY

Also man does the gearbox in the new golf feel like shit. My 2006 vw fox feels great in comparison. The new one feels like pushing a metal rod through a bag of mud and sticks

>
>Also man does the gearbox in the new golf feel like shit. My 2006 vw fox feels great in comparison. The new one feels like pushing a metal rod through a bag of mud and sticks

Maybe they want you to get an automatic?

Don't know if that's going to work on us Bongs
Makes me wonder though, I'd like to see an up to date graph of manual vs auto sales in UK

Bought a Polo today, feels good

piccy

Well show it to us user

>35k
for a fucking polo
do people even buy new cars anymore holy shit what the fuck are those prices.

Picking her up Friday, is my first car. Was in the dealership for 3 hours haggling (only ended up getting 250 off).

They're Australian dollarydoos, which are worth less than Ameribucks.
They also probably include taxes and shit.

I have a 1.6l 9n3 Polo Cross, it is exactly as spacious as the Golf 5, but it was 4k europoor bucks cheaper than the 1.6 Golf

I have the Polo Gti 1.8Tsi DSG
It actualy has 210hp on the crank and does 0-100kmh in 6.2 seconds
for murica 0-60 is 6 seconds flat
7 speed dsg with shorter gears and the lower weight makes it better than the golf.
can be tuned with stage 1 revo or apr 250hp software only.

Skoda factories are dumpground for old VW tooling.

>Shorter gears and lower weight makes it better than the golf

Golf GTI
>2.0T
>2972 lbs
>220 whp
>260 ft/lbs tq
>0-60 with DSG = 5.7 seconds
>APR Software only = 291 whp advertised
>.074 hp/lb

Polo GTI
>1.8T
>2738 lbs
>189 whp
>236 ft/lbs tq
>0-60 with DSG = 6.7 seconds
>APR Software only = 219 whp advertised
>.069 hp/lb

the only reason to get a Polo GTI is if you cant afford a Golf GTI and want less interior and cargo room

I bought the Golf GTI because I needed a fun car that is also practical enough to be my only car. I originally wanted the bigger Jetta GLI but everyone says the Mk7 Golf is far superior. Why would I want the even smaller polo?

>loose value 2x than normal
Maybe right after the lease runs out, but after that it's much less steep. Meanwhile VW keeps going down the drain because upkeep costs are roughly 30% higher for golf than for Octavia. Look at the prices of 10 years old cars. Meanwhile there is like 4 documented Octavias that made over a million km on the original engine.

I don't understand this opinion. The wheel is awkward, takes more time and you have to lean forward while adjusting instead of just pulling.. leaning back until comfy and releasing lever

>you have to lean forward while adjusting
nope