>be me
>love fixing up my car whenever shit breaks
>girlfriend of 1 year complains of brake problems on her old sienna
>bad rotors and pads
>"let's run to autozone and I'll swap those out for you"
>lol nope goes to shop and pays $300
>"user what if something happened? what if they didn't work right?"
>even worse the mechanic was a fucking greasy sonofabitch

we just got in an argument over this. Am I right to be butthurt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XsCOEHZ1Szw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Her wallet = drop it, let her be clueless and pay Guido's salary.
Shared wallet = you deserve to be mad.

T H I S.

Hey! I'm a fucking greasy sonofabitch

Be a little more respectful

good point, it's her wallet. anyway this happened when we pulled up at the mechanic
>gioachino: hey Toyota Sienna? what was the price I gave on the phone?
>gf: um $308?
>gioachino: we'll make it $300. I accidentally left it running outside for a while and burned some gas
>oh you're doing cash? I can't do a receipt for that. well I can but it would cost a bit extra

In a situation like this, does the girlfriend pay for the pads or do you?

Id feel so akward asking for the money back if i bought em for her but installed them.

>mfw everytime her pos Jetta breaks down, her carless soyboy male co worker orbiters will try to figure it out while I just fix the damn thing ez pz.

bump

Yeah I would be a little offended by that as well. Next time you want some emotional support talk to her sister.

the bitch thinks you're incompetent.

Why?

I bet shit breaks because you are incompetent

i didn't know f1 brakes were this small
but then again they are light as fuck

All that's extra rotating mass and uneccesary friction. That engine must hate to rev.

But if you never need to do a timing job then maybe it's worth it. What engine is that?

youtube.com/watch?v=XsCOEHZ1Szw
Yeah, it doesn't like revving at all.

Normally brakes are made larger to increase their heat capacity and cooling ability. You can have small brakes as long as you cool them efficiently, which F1 cars do. The way more important thing is the pad and rotor compounds which contribute to heat dissipation and the frictional force.

What interests me in that picture are the three little studs/spikes on the hub. It seems to defeat the point of a center lock but because you'd have to line the wheel up properly to get it on. Unless the wheel has a ton of holes in a circle so that no matter what way you install the wheel it hooks up with the studs.

Well that's fucking why then, a belt or chain might not be capable of sustaining high rpm for durations like those gears. In a lower reving car, they'd be a waste of power, but in a higher reving car maybe they're necessary? Interesting.

The centre but only provides force towards the hub
If you want to keep it solid you need indexing

Did you even open the video? He was being sarcastic.

Kek. I met my wife by doing a brake job on her 4Runner.

>dat gear whine

You are probably a cunt, and I would never let a cunt work on my car.

That's why she paid a mechanic.

Oh I got it, obviously you didn't read my post. The FXX EVO engine revs to 9500rpm and it has 12 cylinders it's flinging around. That means that the timing components for the camshafts are under a lot more stress than say an EJ257 which has 4 cylinders and only revs to 7k. So while using gears on something like an EJ257 would be a bad idea because a timing belt is lighter, the FXX EVO engine may not even have the option of using a timing belt due to the stresses involved at such a high rpm. Which is why it has gears instead of a belt. Which is what I said in my last post.

I wouldn't trust a non-greasy mechanic.

Car work is a dirty job.

>>"user what if something happened? what if they didn't work right?"
she wants to have someone to bitch at when something goes wrong.

You're not man enough to make her follow orders, or she doesn't love you user. Train your girl or move on, mine of 3yrs tells me about any car (in her case truck) problems because I've always fixed them within a day. When they watch you change a 2500 4wd tranny out in 3 hours they'll trust you with brakes.

she doesn't trust him

that's just retarded

>the mechanic was greasy

??????????????????????????????????????

were you planning on giving him head or something? hes a fucking mechanic who works on cars all day you fucking numale

>gf doesn't trust you working on her car

she probably doesn't let you fuck her before her stud does either

Calm your autism bro.

BACKLASH

>being this literal