/pso2g/ - Phantasy Star Online 2 General #1299

■ Current Update (7/5): 「ファンタシースター感謝祭2017 ONLINE」Part4
bumped.org/psublog/face-a-more-powerful-phantom-battoruship-yamato-as-episode-4-comes-to-an-end/
pso2.jp/players/event/5th_anniversary/online/webevent/02/

■ Heroes: EPISODE 5 starting 7/26
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-9-recap/
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-hero-class-preview/
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-episode-5-buster-quests/

■ Weekly Boost & Events Schedule
pso2.jp/players/news/?charid=i_boostevent
├ Google: google.com/calendar/[email protected]
├ Random EQ Hourly Advance Notice (JP): twitter.com/pso2_emg_hour
└ Regular Maintenance: Wednesday @ 11:00 ~ 17:00 JST

■ Current Scratches: pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/
├ Eccentric Girls (until 7/26)
├ Tropical Summer Ocean (until 8/9)
└ [SG] Mother Cluster Imitation (until 12/13)

■ Current Collection Files
├ Phantom God (Zeinesis series, until 11/1)
├ Majestic/Phantom Battoruship (until 11/29)
├ Revolutio 2 (until 2018/3/7)
└ Aura (until 2018/3/21)

□ FAQs, Lilipans, Guides, (READ THESE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
├ General Information/News: bumped.org/psublog/
├ Basic English Patch: pso2.acf.me.uk/Manual/
└ Buy AC using PSO2es: pastebin.com/raDBtSpa

□ Database/Wiki
pso2.swiki.jp/index.php (JP)
pso2wiki.net/ (JP)
pso2.arks-visiphone.com (EN)

□ Simulators
├ Skill Trees: arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php
├ Affixing: pso2affix.seilent.net/
└ Damage Calculator: 4rt.info/psod/

Previous Thread:

page 10 LMAO

Veteran players just use the free reset tickets they've handed out over the years and make a proper tree and then swap back, but since you're asking this I assume you aren't one of those

You could try to make do just taking the Fighter skills you'd want and using a multi-class Hunter weapon. Honestly not the worst thing in the world. Before level 70~75, everyone is leeching regardless so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

It's no laughing matter

Are SG scratch items seriously one run, can't be traded, if you don't get what you want immediately go fuck yourself?

They talked about reviving previous items in the future at some point but nothing's set in stone.

yep, I hope you didn't want any of the falz battle costumes or a swag neon phantom trench coat because the hyper Jews at Sega sure aren't going to give anyone one anytime soon.

>if you don't get what you want immediately
I mean, they're up for six months

it only takes 3200 star gems to trade in for what you actually want, goy, stop complaining

MARRIAGE SYSTEM WHEN?

>Literally sitting on 10k star gems from the past month just from playing the game
laugh

>Sega went mega fucking jew on the costumes by making them base-wear, costume and accessory
>you cant fucking choose what you want or even the gender you fucking want so 99% of your rolls will be shit you either cant use or already fucking have or even worse, arent even fucking costumes like music disc and fucking exp boost items
>the exchange shop requires 40 fucking items for just one, and they dont even have the full selection to boot
f2p was a fucking mistake, god I hate how hard they fuck you over with this scratch bullshit.

Do you even have your gear affixed

what is an affix

I keep getting Error: 12002 for downloading new patch whenever I launch the game. Do I need to use VPN and switch to Japanese IP or do I just have to wait?

how's the ping from europe?

What are you using to launch the game?

lmao why the fuck should I affix? I got a 14*

>think about doing some 1-4 lq
>friends list is 0/x
guess i'll take a nap until deus instead.

I just downloaded the game from Arks Layer and clicked on the launcher shortcut after I finished installing.

Its pretty pong

so is this expert block removal a good thing for older players who are trying to get back into the game? should i wait for the july update?

Don't use the official launcher. Use PSO2 Tweaker to install the english patches and launch the game.

It makes no real difference, they're replacing it with an equivalent mechanism in the cross-block matching + expert player filter

You plebs will be able to mingle with your superiors in the lobby again though I suppose

No, it changes literally nothing for the average non expert player, because everybody who meets the expert requirements will never uncheck the "only pair with people who meet the requirements for expert blocks" checkbox.

it's going to be some queue now isn't it?

>no requests for 10 minutes
>then 6 requests at the same time
>the one I pick up ends before the quest loads
>back to no requests

just do the new yamato a few times to get 20 stones and then upgrade an OT weapon to NT, instead +35 right there

>playing es
>when I could be playing the maingame
why can't i play them both at the same time? just have es storage be locked and only allow a character you aren't currently logged in with to play on es at that time.

that wont give older players a 12* unit set that they also need to access expert blocks.

Probably the worst place to ask but what is so wrong with the 14 tact that it ends up worse than cliff one?

Nothing at all, rkyros staff is better for alter ego usage, cliff when you're not using alter ego.

Thanks.

Wtf is up with these below average pugs leaving the LQ after the teleport starts because 1 person doesn't have the best gear?

>pso2g complains about lq quality
>team complains about lq quality
>meanwhile me and my buddy duo it with 2-3 minutes to spare
I think you guys need to git gud.

If it's 1-4, it's because having 1/4th of your party be complete shit will drastically lower your chances of finishing.

So Hero is gonna be trash right

>hunter uses 3* weapons
>gunner uses 10* tmgs
>hero uses 14* loadout
definitely.

But muh 500k tmg hero finish aoe

This game sounds interesting. How similar is it to Phantasy Star 0? That's the only one I've played before.

Faster, more vertical with jumping, the most exciting content puts you with 11 others instead of just 3 others

I never played multiplayer in PS0. By the time I found a used copy, the old DS Wi-Fi was shut down.

But I like verticality in combat. Any guide to getting started?

>Any guide to getting started?
Don't

there are some in the OP

>LQ2 stuck at 2/4 for the past hour or so
lmao just do LQ 12* units are easy to get :)))

Press "Home" button. It's at OP's post. Look it up. Everything you need is there.

Should I go through the official site and manually patch, or should I use the Arks Layer torrent?

Arks layer is run by a literal scammer, never use anything by them.

the torrent is probably fine since the data itself can be checked easily

I'd hesitate to use anything else from that place though

>last thread died after barely 100 posts
>still making threads
The game is dead just like your favorite class in ep5, knock it off and quit already.

I think I'll just stick to manual patching. The "General Information" blog linked in the OP recommended it, though.

You should probably play the original PSO if you like 0

That was probably written before AIDS ran away with $20k

So why isn't he in prison for fraud right now

Because it was stolen from NEETs too afraid of sunlight to go out and press charges.

>people complaining about Alis appearance

what's wrong with it?

I played the original sms game at least a thousand times because I love it so much and I think this is a great version of her

I can understand Gene and Anette, but I don't see anything wrong with Alis.

For some reason no one can confirm they've actually had their money stolen

TITTIES

is OH still alive

Im trying to do matterboard shit and for some reason ive done the two golden requests on 1-2 but xion isnt appearing and i have no idea what to do now.

uninstall

no

xion usually hangs around the shop area, right beside the fountain

try walking around it

Do the story quest if you haven't already
If you have and it only has half a completion mark on it, do it again, but this time take the other fork in the road or choose the other dialogue choice or whatever

why?

Figured it out i have to do the first story again and go another path. thx

she's a newman.

pretty cute. what face type is that?

racefags and nostalgiafags should know that they become cancer like ERPfags. they should know better

Can I join EQs as a noob

sure, why not. as long as you're 10 levels below max mobs/boss level

:3

I keep seeing people post this 1194 picture, what does it mean? Is it some kind of Sega code?

What's the point of Katana Guard ring? It let's me empty the gear gauge faster. What's the benefit of that?

119.4 seconds remaining, compound cooldown time as of ep5.

It's 120 seconds. There was some time between when it starts and that screenshot was taken

>no shock
>no freeze
>no jumping around
>barely attacks
>just sits there taking damage like a good boy
>great drops
Crys is the best boss.
Now if only I got yami to cooperate more...

Is ranger good at end game? torn between katana braver and ranger but i think i might have ping issues playing katana braver and getting consistent just guards

JG timings are 1. client based and 2. easy as fuck

It might be useful if a boss is downed and there's no other opportunity for you to counter to activate the gear the usual way, but... eh.

Admittedly a pretty fringe case.

complain-about-everything-fags are far worse though

Nostalgiafags are only a problem when they try to ruin the experience for newer players.

ERPers aren't hurting anyone - they stay contained with each other.

why contain it

>great drops
You know damn well that the boots will never get anywhere close to the price they were again

Doesn't make the drops any less great.

Like 80% of the mentions of the balance changes are people trying to troll the people who play the nerfed classes. No one is even talking about force every time this cunt posts that picture

Does everyone only ever run the LQ that's currently boosted?

Not with you

No I only run Ep4 and 1 when it's boosted

Which LQ has the highest chance to drop ray units?

1~4

Except that one, I can't do that one yet

I thought 1~4 dropped Astra units instead of Ray units

ep1, i have gotten jack shit from ep1-4 and is a pain in the ass if you don't have competent party members, but ep1 can easily be solo'd or duo'd

it drops both.

>want to run some lq
>only available party is a gu/fi and a hu/fi
i'm not joining that.

class balance is irrelevant in party content

isn't gu/fi pretty legit

I'm gonna put freeze and shock guard on my units and you can't stop me

I want to see your video of clearing 1-4 with a 4/4 te/hu party.

if you manage to do that successfully, be sure to let us know how you did it.

There is literally nothing wrong with Hu/Fi