Why did cars become pigfat?

Why did cars become pigfat?

Safety

Become? American cars were ALWAYS pigfat.

pigfat isnt even such a bad thing.
i hate my car that is made out of steel as thick as beer cans and rusts through in matter of weeks

>town car - 4,517lbs
>continental - 4,523lbs
?

Don't you get it? It LOOKS bigger which is very bad and I don't like it and I can't afford the new one so I have to go online and ridicule it so I feel better about driving around in my old POS.

inflation fetish

Long gone are the days of land yachts.

They're both pigfat landbarges, though. Are you trying to imply that the town car is somehow less fat than the continental?

"""""(((Safety)))"""""

So that if you run over someone they don't platter their brains on the asphalt.

>became pigfat
actually the opposite

>town car: pig iron V8, full body on frame, RWD with solid rear axle
Where the hell does the Continental's weight come from?

Do you really think that new bloated ugly pos looks better?

Do some people really prefer the looks of the town car? I might just pick one up lol, been wanting one

Regulations

Re-read

no

Please respect the dubs

NOPE

Why did people become pigfat?

Because people were buying pigfat cars.

really
makes
me
thought

funny how you can look at this and know its either owned by a 60+ achie bunker teir conservative white guy or some 75 IQ isn't allow to vote gigger nigger.

Cant say that about many objects

People actually prefer the top? Is this some joke? That entire front section is nauseating.

new edge > pedo safety

You must be trolling

so a 20 year old is not allowed to like barges?

lol you are such a faggot

>Town Car - 4,310 to 4,467 lbs

>with solid rear axle
FYI, a LRA setup is actually lighter than an IRS. Especially when looking at the SN-95 8.8 LRA vs the 8.8 IRS.

Vic’s and their rebadged shit models are complete trash and a reminder of how bad Ford was. That car was so uncompetitive in the market is was trying to compete in its not even funny

>the market is was trying to compete in
It was literally the only BOF, V8, RWD sedan on the market, retard.

Once GM stopped the B-bodies in the 90's, the Crown Vic and its rebadges was literally the only body on frame sedan in the US period, nevermind engine or drivetrain layout.

Panther platform master race

>become pigfat?
American cars are, overall, getting lighter, if not smaller every year because of rising CAFE regulations. SUVs are going from body on frame to subframe, trucks are going aluminum, and engine blocks are half the size.