Since when did Volvo become a luxury badge?

Since when did Volvo become a luxury badge?

since they started pricing them like so

Have you seen the XC90 Excellence? It's Bentley tier luxury

Since never, they are expensive but nobody actually considers them a "luxury" brand. They appeal to people who want a "nice" car that isn't too flashy.

My 00 v40 turbo

am I the only one that prefers these american spec headlights to the european spec?

The early headlights looked similar, if not the same in both markets as far as I know. They smoothed the front with a facelift.

Isn't that a Mazda rebadge?

Nope. 700 series american headlights are pure aesthetic. Most scandis prefer them to the originals. Shit just looks good and right.

No idea

>
>Isn't that a Mazda rebadge?

No it isnt, they were made in the same factory to a completly different standard. The mimimal tolerances for welding were alot smaller. Dashboard is alot better. I have a 2004 v40 2.0 and it is an awesome car. Responsive, fast and much luxury stuff like heated seats. I drove Mazdas that were alot crappier.

>Mazda

You're thinking of the Mitsubishi Charisma actually

>a fucking 4cyl for that money

I want this car. It's the only Volvo with the orange bus lights on the side, which is cool. It also looks sleek and small. I literally have no use for it, but I just want a wagon. Fuck.

>Chink made

When they stopped making boxes.

They're mostly driven by tweed jacket wearing college professors or psychiatrists.

Since they were bought by chinks.

Since the 80's

I should get a Volvo

Volvo stopped being good in 1993

Why ? I get that the production of the 240 stopped then but, nothing major happened?

They turned into every other car manufacturer, they lost their identity, can't blame them really, they need to sell cars so they need to conform to what the market wants.
The market wants cheap fwd cars and crossovers.

Yeah I guess, people say Volvo went to shit after ferd bought them in 99' but my V50 is pretty damn good, then there is my godmachine 92' 240.

God damn I want a manual 850/v70/s70 but they are almost impossible to find in straya

Since the Chinese took over.