austincc.edu/wkibbe/oilfilterstudy.htm
austi...
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop fucking up my oil changes you retard

Why didnt my car get the right oil filter

Can you tell if I do my own oil change?

Anything you do
I can do, or learn to do for 200% cheaper

it wasn't me, it was the econolube fags you keep going to every other oil change

maybe because we didn't have the exact filter for your 80s shitbox, but if it threads it fits

the FRAM Wal-Mart filter

tell that to all the boomers with brand new cars

What are you paid by the hour? Im a lube jockey making 13.25

hardest car to do an oil change for?

in my experience newer jap cars are really fucking retarded

and newer Mercedes are also retarded

gmc Acadia/Buick enclave too

Easiest car to do oil change on is X308 Jaguar.

Omg gmc oil filter is a bitch to get, I have done two so far and I have spilled oil twice because of it

Is that because the morning that there isn't an oil puddle under that car means it's out of oil?

Damn, you're good

10$/hr

I'm a fucking slave

No it's because the oil filter is right at the bottom of the motor with nothing in the way.

Subaru has an amaZing oil filter I forget which one it is but the little filter is right on top of the Motor

Why the fuck would you want your oil filter on top of the engine

so you can lubricate the upper engine bay at every oil change.

No dry start for the car after change, and it's incredibly fucking easy. You lift to drain and set it down, pop filter on and off, no pre fill, and fill car.

Do dealership shops actually play up "issues" with the car to wring more shekels out of clients?

no pre fill = dry start

The filter faces downwards, it doesn't matter, that's how it will start every time

This shit literally doesn't matter, modern oil filters have anti-drainback
The only time you should be dry starting is after an oil change

Well if you've heard a Subaru start you knkw that isn't true, they sound like shieeet.

>subaru
into the trash it goes

I agree. I get to drive them with about 5 miles on them for gas and whatnot and they sound SO bad even then when it's cold out, like a box of marbles shaking about.

It really blows my mind, dunno why people buy these cars.
You wanna go offroad and have awd/4wd?
Get a small SUV or a small truck.
You wanna hoon on the road?
Don't buy a rally car, buy a road car.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

They are awful to work on too, any time I have to fuck with one I dread it, fuck I hate it so much.
So much stupid shit to break on these cars, awd systems are a nightmare esp when they are cramped into tiny cars.

I had an 01 Forrester that was incredibly prsctical, it was my mom's car that I grew up in, an automatic and incredibly boring to drive.

It randomly stopped shifting once from Spokane to Bozeman.. that was a long way back on I90 stuck in 3rd gear.

They are really pretty good for getting groceries in the snow howrver, or light mountain shenanigans.

What are you going to do when electric vehicles go mainstream and there won't be a need for maintenance shops?

How shitty are modern toyotas to do an oil change?

What's the worst oil you ever seen come out of a car? Do you have an opinion on factory recommendations for oil change intervals?

Are you implying that electric vehicles have parts that last longer than the lifetime of its owner?

>Do you have an opinion on factory recommendations for oil change intervals?
lmfao

>The only time you should be dry starting is after an oil change

Only if you're retarded enough to not prefil the oil filter.

Do you laugh when i bring in my own oil and filter

Not all cars allow for this, the angle of the filter matters obviously

Only when it is less quality than the shop provided ones. Take your Fram filter and Pennzoil and go the fuck home. I get fucking triggered when I see Fram filters on decent engines.

I make $11.75 an hour to tell people what to do while I jerk off with my clipboard, lmao

I do whenever the guy who brought his own oil wants to “talk cars” with me while I do the oil change.

I don't have tools or a jack:( is the stp one good? Going after work to valvoline

desu Motorcraft filters are fucking fantastic for their price point.

Stp sucks. Get a mobil filter and any dexos approved oil of your choosing

Why does it suck

>ask a dealership lube rack guy anything
Why does a dealership oil change cost 190 for a 1.8L 4-banger while the parts cost 35?

austincc.edu/wkibbe/oilfilterstudy.htm

Time to learn user. I went with Purolator Pure One for my 240sx for many years.

>$10 Per hour

Fucking kek i make $85K designing the shit you work on.

It gets me hard thinking of all of you struggling to get to filters knowing that i'll never need to do it myself.

Went with a mobil one...went to a valvoline with my own oil and filter kek do the techs get paid the same either way? Or more if they were to use their oil?

>austi...
This "study" is 20 years old and doesn't include the Germans. Even more of this shit has been off-shored now, from China to 'Nam with even the Krauts going along. But if you can find a Mahle or Mann with "Made if Germany" stamped on it, then you're good.

>Mann Filter are good
Can confirm, bought one cheap and took a photo of the internals.
They have a metal stabilised filter element, a spring loaded valve and and are heavy as fuck.
pic related