/ovg/ - child's toys edition

Welcome to Veeky Forums video games thread

Previous Thread:
>>

We have a Wiki page with some stuff on it.
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64783

Discord: hXnnJrJr

Basic equipment guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing Project CARS™ 2 and other games on the Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aRR1BilMlbc
kirikoo.net/images/7Fazer-20150209-013045.jpg
kickstarter.com/projects/pimax8kvr/pimax-the-worlds-first-8k-vr-headset
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>reposting this OP again

>caring about the OP

ayo where can I dl 24 Hours Le Mans

fuck you leatherman

also
>comparing android game to ios game

youtu.be/aRR1BilMlbc

isozone

you'll be shitting bricks out of your shilly ass when it comes to android

That's it, thanks buddy

I have the same wheel, pedals and shifter as him + a Rift. Am I simdad?

Yes you are Peter. Be nice to your wife.

Remember me?

i wish the game was as good as the graphics

What really puzzles me is why he has such a massive setup but then a beginner tier wheel base and pedals. I'd at least expect a fanatec clubsport or something

threadly reminder to buy payback if you see it for $30

I would if I had a good PC or a current gen console.

How do i become the next James?

bully someone who is by your own judgement mentally unstable and open a blog that shits on everybody and everything with 5th grade writing assignment tier articles

sick sileighty bro

should have gotten a cheap xb1 during turkey season

danke
i start up the game just to look at it desu. silvia front end is great but the rear always looked a little dated

But I already have a lot of PC games. Being a poorfag and then switching to another device will never be a good move. I'd have 2 games and a dust covered console.

if its so easy why havent you done it?

if you give the microsoft overlords $60 every year they give you games. i get what you mean though, ive never been able to switch to pc because of poorfag status

So you have the writing and reading comprehension of a 5th grader.

Because I'd like to retain my dignity and not be known as a corporate shill.

get anyhow successful

that being said, we don't really need the next james. please reconsider

i wouldnt call james successful, but i have to admire anyone who takes their autism to the next level and benefits from it. james cannot get along with people in general yet hes managed to find a job he (probably) likes and has a hobby hes good at. this is all most of us really want out of life anyway.

Did James really write an entire novel because we laughed at him for saying "you wouldn't play guitar hero without a guitar"

can i see an image of james so i can see the face behind the autism

wot game?

just read his article, it's p. good tbqh
he read an interesting discussion and shared it with other people

I got FM7 instead. Did I do wrong?

Is it worth if have FH3?

they are nothing alike

payback

unironically yes. ive gotten more enjoyment out of the shity $30 brake to drift game than the supposed next step in the forza franchise that walls of previously available cars and makes an effort to strip fun from the game. id play 6 if i didnt have to reinstall and if i wasn't in the /ovg/ series

unless you specifically want something for track racing just stick with fh3
6 is a better product and very cheap rn. 7 only has the fact that its new and has crossplay

How about cars? Thats the main reason to me play racing games

does payback even have quick race

just got my egpu working again
maybe I'll pick it up soon

Finally bought Ass Corsa + DLCs so I can actually play online instead of shitty AI on my torrented version. What am I in for?

if youre talking about fm7 compared to fh3 it has more but then a few from each category are locked. want a clio? e49? not a fan of the gts and want a bog standard m4?
too bad
if youre talking about payback then the list is limited but has decent enough variety and every car has customization options so in my case i found it wasnt so much about collecting cars like in forza as it was about personalizing them. i really only ever drive my e92 or 180sx

not as far as i know. you just replay the story routes

only do it if its at sale price. its fun but not $60 fun

What are some good auto vidya to get off iso zone?

>GOAT McLaren Livery
>On a shitty old Sedan
>The state of Forza

burnout dominator

any gran turismo, any midnight club, burnout 3, twisted metal black

So how do I make AC automatically set the shitty "hardware" locks on my g27 depending on the rotations of the wheel's car? Do I just tick the "let game choose" box in the Logitech profiler?

Also is there any wheel that will legit LOCK it instead of some lame lock I always accidentally end up breaking? I always hated this about my g27, and also how when the wheel is centered, it's totally dead, not even some cheap rumble effect when you are going fast to give you a feel of still being attached to a road. It really feels lame when you go in a straight line at 250km/h in a street road and notice nothing. Other than that, the wheel is decent. But I wonder what higher prices can offer.

bullshit, all james writes is clickbait.

what's it about? im not giving him clicks unless you can convince me to otherwise.

Muh wheels

Set [SOFT_LOCK] ENABLED=1 in the assettocorsa.ini which is in assettocorsa\system\cfg.

But will it automatically degrees adjust on each car?
Also considering VR but no sure... should I wait until 2020 for 4k VR?

Also, is there any wheels I can buy that will have a solid lock you can't bypass?

If you let the game automatically adjust the settings in the Logitech profiler it will.

I read that article a few days ago too.

He basically accuses all devs of lying by omission to inflate sales.

Everyone knows you need a wheel for racing sims but devs don't ever make this clear in ads or anything. Sometimes they actually say OUR GAME WORKS JUST FINE WITH A PAD LOL but this is always proven to be a technicality or a lie.

If devs were to be honest and say you need a wheel for the games, sales would tank and the genre would die, so devs intentionally keep quiet and hope pad users go past the refund limit before they realize the game is unplayable with a pad.

lads i just bought a thrustmater t300 rs gt yesterday and i'm having trouble configuring it

is the wheel supposed to auto-centre wildly as soon as a car slightly loses control? i can never ever catch it

How do we fix /ovg/?

Formula E series in rF1
Retard proof cars, even more so than GT3 or touring cars

Join the ovgr.4 races

Is that still Tuesdays or did it change? Sign-up sheet has the first race listed for the 9th, which is a Saturday.

My bad, yeah it's Saturdays now.

>tfw no sim with nanny devices for your safety
These games are unsafe

I quite enjoy the driving but yeah really don't care for the gameplay outside of racing. Thankfully it was on sale when I got it.

Also much harder to get good at than FH3. Barely under 7 in a homogated 918 on the burgerring is really not good.

hello?

hi

Seconding this answer. Series when?

Is Forza Motorsport style handling possible in a Forza Horizon game, I never enjoyed the arcade handling style, but the sandbox itself makes my special place tingle.

what game?

assetto

>chooses a retarded timeslot
I seriously hope it will die even faster that broway's Gr3

then go the ffb settings, set gain to about 30%

hey that worked
thanks a lot man

WheelTest results?

Fuck. I'm retarded.

what kinda nerd shit is that wtf

You don't use it? Here's mine.

Yes he did. Get used to it. If he spegs out in the thread, get ready for his opinion to be posted in the blog in a later date.

Can someone recommend a good street racing game, I've played NFS most wanted and carbon but the driving physics aren't great. Midnight Club LA looked good but I couldn't find it for PC.

T500 at 47%
There is something strange with RFR, does not look like kirikoo.net/images/7Fazer-20150209-013045.jpg at all. Any ideas?

Big jump in latency too, weirdly enough.

Tested again with 1080 degrees. Strange.

Latency is substantially better, which is a good thing from input lag perspective.

Hey James R3E got a pretty big update. Are you gonna report on that or are you only gonna shill about pCars 2 updates?

meanwhile R3E shills blog on discord

Yep, but I guess nothing actually changed, just RFR derped.

The fuck kind of numbers are they??

Are you merely pretending

Dih he call out SMS and himself for pushing the PC2 is fine on a pad meme because I've asked him and he told me it improved and SMS keeps pushing the we've unfucked it meme when its not true

hang on did people also put the based mclaren livery on a shitty sedan irl?

James' biggest contribution to /ovg/ is the word "simdad". At least the first mention of "simdads" or "sim dads" was a post referring to an article on his blog about when we flew across the Atlantic to fuck trannies and it also talked about simdads.

Thanks James!

Thanks jims

Only 5 more days until I can drop my spaghetti across Europe

also that thicc ass

Cigarettes too. Funny world isn't it?

>Forza 7
>Risi Competizione Ferrari 458
>all Ferrari logos are replaced with the model name of another Ferrari, which was 17 years old at the time the 458 raced
>Other Forza games with this car just have the Ferrari logo there instead
This is so funny to me. Why did they do that? The only idea I have is that their Ferrari license would now forbid them to use that particular logo, but that wouldn't work because the AF Corse 458 has that logo on it's windshield banner.

kickstarter.com/projects/pimax8kvr/pimax-the-worlds-first-8k-vr-headset

Does F7 have the Risi 488? Does it also have the cucked logos?

>8k vr headset
>capable of rendering quake 3 arena at necessary 90fps just with four 1080tis in quadsli

market fails to understand that current vr headsets are low-res for a reason

It's not really 8k, it's just 4k with some trickery to "kind of" be 8k. So it only needs the performance required for 4k.

I'm playing Kaido Racer 2 right now. Fully recommend. Also just finished Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3, pretty decent aswell.

even 4k is a lot when you want to keep constant 90fps (or more, it's always nice to have higher refresh rate in those things). Not to mention that some processing power gets used up on api things like async camera movement that allows you to not vomit when game freezes for a second or something.

No, there isn't any racing version of the 488