youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agrippina_the_Younger
cafepress.com/ebswag
clips
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

(You)

tomorrow?

Classic.

how long has this single fucking battle taken you jesus christ

JUSTICE FOR DARK RIDERS!
LET THEM FIRE WHILE MOVING!

What forced them do this?
What they hoped to achieve?

Yes I just realized that dwarves are exremely weak against monsters unless they happen to have slayers.

How about you wait to see how freaking repeater crossbows work before sperging out?

Just shoot them, lad.

Not looking good.

They really need to Pee and Poo and that was the closest settlement.

Westaboos WW@

Or they can just shoot them.

I really hope they improve late game campaigns in WH2 because it's really boring in the first one.

Just let them in. it's raining outside.

It doens't matter how they work, that's seperate to whether Dark riders can fire them while moving. The reason they gave in the reveal stream was that Dark Riders aren't trained to be able to fire while moving, which is bullshit. In the lore they are expert missle cav.

That's why they bring all that vortex stuff. No need to conquer half of the map anymore.

A while. I had a couple of things to go do.

Delete this post umgi.

Repeater crossbows are high-fire rate ap missile weapons; light cav firing those on the move might just be a bit much.

And on the lore side; loading and shooting one of those is probably a tad more complicated than firing a bow.

>No need to conquer half of the map anymore
>implying

Helfs: All of Ulthuan and then some, no more Delfs
Delfs: All of Naggaroth and Ulthuan, no more Helfs
Lizardmen: All of Lustria, no more Skaven
Skaven: All of Lustria, Southlands, Araby, Naggaroth, no more Helfs and Lizardmen

We're talking about the vampires perspective. Thunderers are useless up close when they are attacked by Vargheists.

But Dark Elves are supposed to be too good

I stopped playing around time beastmen came and now after installing again and playing for a week, this is really shaping to be the best TW game ever made.

They made magic much better, they made campaign AI much better and all those new factions and leaders make campaign much more fun in general.

If we really get norsca and then kislev and maybe tilea/estalia later it's going to be so good.

And I'm glad that vamps are still the best army by far.

Stuff today?

Whatever you say shill.

Literally everything is extremely weak vs vamp monsters with nehek backup.

Lore wise they have magazines which in TT game means they fire at twice the rate of bows. They're tommy guns.

Today is NOT the day.

Hello history autist.

I love TWW but I dunno about best ever. "One of" the best, maybe. The sieges, AI still being dumb in battle and the occasionally retarded recruitment (Chariot spam) and the lack of some of the most basic animations (like towers not actually collapsing, something Medieval 2 had) prevent it from being the best.

Now two of those can be more or less fixed with mods but that the community has to do that is pretty bad.

I never use nehek, its just for one unit anyway so who cares?

How do I get more control over my army in warhammer?

Every single fight I feel like my units are fucking downs syndrome retards who can't do basic actions

I tell them to flank around, they get stuck nonstop for like 3 minutes within eachother then finally I settle for a shit half flank where my units are kind of stuck in eachother or never actually move around

how do I get #4 in pic

that's all I want, when I select them to go behind the enemies they won't do it

H E L P it's driving me insane

Why is Morathi so damn clingy?
Like, damn, woman, stop molesting poor Malekith in front of the army.

Morathi will be the mother of my children

Still the best. Sieges have never been good and the AI was even worse in past titles. AI recruitment sucks but is easily fixed by mods and who gives a shit about some minor shit like how towers explode.

No other total war game comes close, and warhammer is only 1/3rd of the way done.

She just wants her big boy to know Mother loves him.

They have magazines and goat's foot is integrated into construction and super light.

It's kind of strange that high elves don't use them too in lore. They have the same repeating tech with their ballistas being basically the same thing as delf ones.

I guess GW wanted them to be different, but it makes no sense from lore perspective.

Imagine...

Overcast you baka. It's a battle winner.

If she is good at cooking she's the ultimate italian mother

Why are her hands so dirty?

Malekith is really burned under all that armour, so all the handies and footjobs Morathi gives him make them dirty.

Like Agrippina to Nero
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agrippina_the_Younger

>an official GW army book
Not a requirement, as per wednesday's reveal.

>Supported Model Range (non-fw)
Hellcannons use FW designs.

>A fanbase of more than 10 people.
Tell that to Grim and the Grave Literally Who necromancer.

An effect of dark magic
Same with her feet
Or thisYou have to manoeuvre them into more lateral space if you want to flank. You can't move a group of men on a dime. Start the flanker wider, on the flank. Then move him around to the rear and engage.

So if norsca dlc is real it's pretty much confirmed that we'll be getting all minor factions right?

Was there even a single person excited about Hellman Ghost for fluff reasons?

Maybe 5 of them on the planet.

Probably Darren.

As long as the money keep flowing

Is that Grace from CA you talk about all the time?

Eh, sieges in the past were, and still mostly are in TWW, fun if you were the defender, IMO. And it's hard to see them making the sieges literally just be one or two walls as anything but a step back. I actually dislike Attila but the one thing that game did right was the sieges.

You're probably right about the AI in the past titles now that I think about it, though it would be nice if they could improve it. I'm not a programmer, however, so that's probably a taller order than I or most people think. At least the AI seems to go after your ranged units more aggresively in TWW, so that's something.

And it is true that Warhammer races actually being quite different is a big plus. Shogun 2, a TW I otherwise love, had a big problem when it came to that.

With Galatia, Arche and Pergamon all dead it's time to move on to the Seleucids.

Looking into how real world repeater crossbows """work""" they don't make sense from a reality perspective either (underpowered dart lobbers all,) but hey it's a fantasy game.

Sure it makes sense. Like Malekith's armor, the design is borrowed from the dwarfs. Most of the elven territories in the old world, who would be in contact with and bartering with the dwarfs, were founded through Malekith's conquest. They were loyal to Naggarythe, and unlike the complacent high elves, were be interested in making their military more powerful. So they would be the ones actively perusing deals in military technology, or if need be, reverse engineering dwarf weapons.

Thematically it is representative of the stagnation of the high elves.

Ghorst was barely in the fluff. It was CA's first DLC, before they found their mojo with Skarsnik and Belegar. It's been all diamonds since, but the choice of Ghorst is reminder of early directional issues.

>tfw no sci-fi TW

who is this disgusting gnome

Wohoo elephants and cataphracts.

To revise what I said in my previous post, some of the siege battles in Attila and Rome 2 were actually pretty great. But you never get the chance to play them in campaign, so I don't consider them when grading the siege battles in those games. Instead 99% of siege battles are spent on the same 5 little maps, holding the ramp to the town square against innumerable amounts of enemies with your 1 or 2 garrison troops in defensive testudo, which sucks.

Keep in mind
>alleged

You need space (width) and time to manoeuvre.

>tfw no Europa Barbarorum action briefs

Hardly all the time, but yes.

That's a grudgin'.

Is there any video with her talking?

What's tomorrow?

By talk you mean mumble awkwardly in a heavy Northern accent? Yes.

Older TW sieges had a crapton of bugs.

Warhammer sieges, though they're hardly perfect, will probably be my favourite once GCCM gets done making their maps. The pathfinding might occasionally be a bit fucked, even if it's better than past titles, but I'll take it if it means I won't see the same two maps all the time.

That probably a good way to summarize TWW for me: if the modders keep it up, it'll be my favourite. What that says about CAs work, though, I don't know. I understand that unlike the modders they have to actually make all the animations and assets but stuff like the AI recruitment really shouldn't have had to be fixed by the fans.

only if you like disappointment

"Real" repeating crossbows you see on youtube are a joke.

There are some actual working ones. There is one company in Austria (I think) making professional ones with like 180lbs pull.

>be bretonnia
>head out to destroy the last woodshit city
>Durthu leaves it and sits in that one spot in the north of Athel Loren that is only accessible by underway/world roots/beast paths
>destroy their last city
>can't finish them off
>there are still 15 assassins swarming around
>all of my lords get assassinated, some of them permanently
>-7k income

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hopefully the expanded build slots will allow the AI to build better armies. I think a lot of the strife from Norscan army composition derives from the fact that they only get 4 build slots, even in provincial capitals.

well...

Oh, god.

Post links or more info if you can find. Was genuinely interested in how they would work and a bit disappointed in the Chinese ones on youtube that weren't really weapons.

Out-fucking-skilled.

I think they know what's coming.

Almost forgot about these. Didn't they make a shirt too?

cafepress.com/ebswag

>hating on asians who like western history and culture
pretty pathetic desu

Something is so funny about the words "action briefs" and I have no idea why.

>tfw I almost ordered EB gear from there when drunk once

I don't remember company name anymore. Saw them years ago. Basically it had a weird goatsfoot that was part of the construction and you reloaded it by something like break action.

Two can play the elephant game.

>CA makes Total Age of Sigmar in 2020
>every faction is Surtha Ek tier with three units spammed over and over

it'd be a fun postmodernist anti-TW title

>all those moles on her back

HRROPPGGJSAKH

Who's this little cutie Leah? She has 100 times the personality of Grace:
clips twitch tv/RamshackleDignifiedEggnogKappaWealth

Give her a quick course of acne meds that spam filter won't let me post and she's easily the bestgirl at CA by miles.

How many points is that image?

My Bretonnian army is huge and diverse compared to that.

you know

it makes no sense that you can't construct artillery for a siege