What kind of car should I get?

I totaled my 2015 Hyundai Veloster by hitting a deer going 80mph.

I'm looking into getting a bigger vehicle. I travel a lot and have a dog. We like to hike and camp so I need something to fit all my things in. That Hyundai was way too small.

What should I get? Pic related, my totaled car. Had it about 1.5 months.

Straight up, Forrester

Ignore me, for I cannot spell forester

What happen to deer

Dead on the road! It was a yearling. Apparently very small for the damage it did.

Why? As a person who doesn't know cars what exactly are we talking about?

Unironically a Rav4

Golf Wagon

I'm legit looking at a RAV4 are you being serious?

I know Toyota is a great reliable brand and that's super important to me. I want a car that's going to last

only thing with the newer rav 4 is watch out for leaking rear axle seals, when i was a tech you could count on them leaking

I was looking at a 2016. Is that newer?

hate to say it but, get a truck, you live in a area where deer is a thing, chevy colorado with double or extended cab, you get good EMM PEE GEEs and you can use it for everything, put a camper on the back and voila.

I actually don't. I was on vacation... I live in Oklahoma. And travel from West to east coast as well as up north.

>Oklahoma
I know nothing about that neck of the woods, its long straight roads right? Anything with good mpgs i guess. I'd still recomend the colorado, if you lived in a urban setting I'd say get a corolla or a 3k civic.

After my last Honda I will never fucking buy one of those again.

I'll take into mind a Corolla, but I'm definitely worried the truck will be too small. My Veloster's was and so it the trunk in the Elantra I'm currently driving.

I'll also consider a truck, I just don't see it being good for long drives. Also I've only ever driven one truck a Dodge Dakota. Hah

Get like a FJ Cruiser, Toyota 4Runner, a Tahoe or Expedition.

A body on frame SUV would be more sturdy and go anywhere you need it to.

>I just don't see it being good for long drives.

you serious?

As someone who has owned ONE truck and exclusively driven small hatchbacks... Yeah. But I'm keeping an open mind. I also don't have a TON of money to spend.

Thanks. I definitely am of the SUV mind right now.

>a deer going 80mph

Clearly the deer was speeding.

buy a volvo or saab so you can hit deer going any speed and your car will be fine

What is your budget?

Get a third gen 4Runner Limited.

I'm feeling like that was an important detail I missed... Ideally less than 20k

Could do 25k.

I'm looking at used cars mostly

He was when he bounced off the hood of my damn car!

Get a 3.6 Forester and not the XT turbo that will blow up, and enjoy life in the cozy zone

Google subaru forester

Ah! Okay okay. I wasn't sure who made the forester's.

Subaru is a good reliable brand I've heard.

>oklahoma
>roadtrips
I'd suggest getting something beefier like a truck or a large sedan.
>05 Silverado
>03 5 series
>Suburban
>tahoe
>explorer
>Avalon
>accord
>forester
If you want something sporty and decently reliable
>E39 M5
I have one nearing 200k, fucking solid car
>E46 M3
>CTS-V

Or
>3k civic

Forgot to mention the Subaru Outback. Cousin just bought one and he likes it. Decent gas mileage

Doesnt look like the frame rails got hit at all. This could make a nice project car

Thanks! I'll definitely check it out. While I'd LIKE good gas mileage I feel like it may not be an option for an SUV.

I could do a large sedan, my dog is also kind of afraid of trucks. He'll hop in my car fine, but o have to force him into trucks :/

If i lived by you id probably buy it and salvage it

>going 80mph
>no deer blood

Quit lyin' you hit a guard rail bc you're driving is shit.

It's in Montana. Not sure what the insurance is going to do with it.

Deer fur in there fucker.

Not that I'm not a shit driver though

Damn, it got the door. That shits expensive

Probably why they totaled it.

Couldn't open the passenger side door more than a few inches.

If i were to take this on id probably have to get a parts car or line up someone who can sell me the parts i need. OEM panels are crazy expensive

Oh, where in Montana? Im in Montana and don't want it but haven't seen any deer recently.

Southern part. So many deer that I saw and didn't hit! Highway going to Whitehall from Bozeman near three forks.

Oh shit. I'm in bozeman

Well fuck. Don't go to Whitehall!

It's beautiful up there though, so congratulations

Whitehall has some of the best Twisties around however, highway 2 is amazing. Probably won't be going till summer is here though.

Whenever we drove through Whitehall to the ranch my friend lives I was confused as fuck.

I'm pretty sure we went a different way everytime...