What's so bad about Tesla Cars?

What's so bad about Tesla Cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/11/02/house-tax-plan-electric-car-credits/825444001/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's the Star Citizen of automakers.

Taxpayers have to pay $7500 for each one

I really wanted star citizen to work, I hope they scale back their ambitions and get a nice working model out then they can do the add ons they wanted originally but backed by the capital of their working model and any other outside interest that could invest in them.

This.....is a better analogy than it should be.

This is a loaded question

It's the apple brand of cars...

Apple makes profit tho

leslsa doesnt

My group did at audit and presentation on Tesla today and we learned that you have to be an idiot to invest in Tesla.

Poor interior quality. More rattles and loose things making noise than a low cost Chevy. Bad panel gap fitment even on the expensive models.
Tesla is making vehicles but they aren't ready to be mass producing anything yet. They apparently have no real QC inspection going by some of the things they've shipped and how common this sort of issue is with them. Even Tesla fanboys complain about rattles in the cabin.

>Shit quality
>can't into mass production

Well shit if your group says so you must be right, just like all the groups that said the IPO was a bad buy, and that it was a bad buy at 50, won't break 100, will crash after 150, won't break 200, then won't break 200 again, then won't break 200 a third time, trying to short after it broke 300, etc.

Librual leftist agenda

I really don't have a problem with Tesla's cars because I don't know too much about them, but I really don't get all the hype about it.
to me it just seems like a very boring ass car company with nothing of interest.

>but I really don't get all the hype about it.
Perfect blend of pop culture relevance, ego boosting, and brand PR.
Tesla is trendy, the brand has a lot of value because they have the image of being high end, cool, and exclusive. Selling only EVs also pegs them as environmentally conscious in people's minds.

Making people feel good about something matters more than the quality of the delivered product. Thats Tesla.

I don't think they're bad in my book. It's just not my style. I rather have a rwd manual car any day of the week.

no real opinion on the cars themselves.

it's just the fact Tesla brought on the scourge of the idiocy of EV fans in general.

this

i hate this "green" marketing trend they've had since dot as well.

I don't find anything wrong with their cars. Tesla itself is just too small for what they are trying to pull off.

Overhyped but decent cars,

Some dumb /pol/posters hate them because Musk insulted their orange god by dismantling the business advisory panel and resigning, also some shit about "virtue signaling"

The crippling debt that they are in.

Now that the new Trump tax plan is taking away incentives for EVs and the Model 3 didn't win MT's CotY, Tesla is finished.

That they don't make redneck tears saltier by doing full electric conversions on pickup trucks and old turdgen camaros and firebirds

Nothing. They're fantastic machines. The russian shills here hate them because it threatens the oil industry and makes America look good.

You ever hit the crosswalk button repeatedly thinking it'll make it change faster? It doesn't. It just lets you think you're in control.

This is my problem with electric cars. If there was zero driver aids, just you and the road, i'd love to drive one. But it's not even close. You've got dozens of computers that are keeping you safe and in your lane and smooth around curbs and you're just turning the wheel and pretending you're doing something.

If 'driver assist off' actually meant 'driver assist off' I'd sell my charger and buy a tesla tomorrow.

Pull the fuse on the ESC module retard. You pretend as if you are some raw, hardcore driver yet you don't understand that basics of how a car works and think it's a magic computer.

I think it would be safe to assume you've never driven one.

Your Charger has driver assists too.

They cannot seem to make profit without big daddy govt to use taxpayer dollars to keep them alive.

>why is dollar leeching company not good?

Because it is a zombie company

If your car has ABS, you have no right to shit on "driving assists".

Your average Veeky Forums poster is 15 to 24 and drives a beat up Toyota from the 90s with 100 dollars in their checking account. Of course they are going to hate Tesla

Well it's based on the data we have. All Tesla has been doing the last 5 years is borrow money without ever making a profit.

Have you ever looked at how Amazon grew into the giant they are today?
Companies do not need to post a profit to be successful. Reinvesting money in the company grows infrastructure and saves on taxes.

They don't make the vroom vroom

>Apple makes profit tho

Not for long...

>Implying musk knows how a business works

i know it makes me happy

>Reinvesting money in the company
Reinvesting means investing profits, not scamming more corporate welfare.

I think the analogy with bitcoin can be made.
It's not a commercially viable product in the classic sense. But somehow enough people 'believe' in it to be worth a lot. And it's still growing.

Those fuckers need to get their head out of their asses. They're letting macs down in a big way and I rely upon them for my lifes work

You clearly don't tho
If you did you would already have switched to linux or an hackintosh

>backed by the capital of their working model
Didn't work for Tesla.

Well Amazon was able to deliver on their products while Tesla can barely produce a model 3.

>What's so bad about people you've elected?

No

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/11/02/house-tax-plan-electric-car-credits/825444001/

But Amazon had investors that believed in the idea, not just political backers just looking toward the next election cycle.

>What's so bad about people you've elected?
Nothing anymore, Trump is taking away the Federal subsidy.

It's not the cars. Honestly it isn't. I think they're actually cool and I hope they succeed just to prove it IS possible to start a new car company from scratch and we don't have to deal with the same 4 or 5 giants that own everything.

>However

It's the damn owners and fanboys that make Tesla's and their mentioning unbearable. I guess since it's a $100k purchase made by people who perhaps are stretching their wallets a little by making that purchase, they have to shove it down your throats every 10 minutes about how cool their purchase is and how they're
>INVESTING IN THE FUTURE

Teslafags BTFO

Shitty interiors, obsession with electric cars having to be "dude, future lmao" and chock full of tracking features, locked down computers, and DLC horsepower

On Disc DLC*

>"dude, future lmao"

I dislike the hype around Tesla but you've got to be dumb if you don't think in at least 20-30 years Electric cars will be more common than you think.

You're either going to get with the program or be left in the dust. You troglodyte.

>You're either going to get with the program or be left in the dust
Wat?

The fanbase

perfect analogy

>What's so bad about Tesla Cars?

The virtue signalling leftist douche rockets that tend to drive them.

Unless we discover a whole shit ton more lithium and cobalt, or a radically new battery design, electric will never supplant ice. I readily do see it however replacing mopeds, and little fiats and smart cars for dense urban travel. That is a market Tesla avoids like a plague because it's not cool and disruptive enough for the cult of musk, who doesn't want electric to be a poor fag technology, which it is best suited for.

little electric bikes and shitboxes have been around forever tho

And given that the only thing electric cars fix is localized air quality issues that is where the limited resources to make lithium batteries should be focused. If Tesla fags really wanted to save the environment with electricity they should push for high speed rail to supplant commuter flying. Cutting air travel by even a quarter would do more for the environment than getting rid of every car.

gimmie a quick rundown...

dlc horsepower

The fact that I'm paying for their subsidy.

No, you are just paying interest on Tesla subsidies. Your grandchildren will pay off the principal.

I will not argue you there, but making a software company from scratch compared to building an auto company are two different beasts. One needs an army of technical labor has complicated logistics and is capital intensive, the other can be done by undergrad students in there dorm room with enough time. The problem is they got to ambitious, try to do to much to fast for just a game. Nowhere near the ROI compared to a vehicle which tesla is in a time crunch to get out ahead due to competitions from other companies. Star citizen has no real competition specially if they completely finish, their game will be the only one of its kind.

The last good non-mobile hardware they made were the IBM Cell PowerMac servers, they've never made an actually good laptop and iphone is the only redeemable product line that they're slowly trampling into the ground with cost-cutting, replacing the few genuinely good solutions like the fingerprint sensor with their version of windows hello.

Is there a hybrid/electric car with hydraulic power steering? I hate the videogamey feel of electric power steering, and yes, I've driven the new 3 series and no, it's the same shit as some poverty spec Skodas. Is the steering wheel even connected to the front axle mechanically in the Teslas?

They're boring cars that go fast in a straight line and have a tablet inside the dashboard. A 769cc Fiat Panda would ultimately be more entertaining to own.