The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TYJ_gC79x90
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974478357
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Squad wipe averted

Reapers or Skirmishers? Vote now

First for Valhen did nothing wrong.

Reapers look like their gonna be more fun but skirmishes are gonna be better.

I'm calling it

Don't make me choose, they both look incredible in their own way.

Skirmisher is going to be a fantastic frontline troop for your battle-line to hinge around, and Reapers are going to be the replacement to a concealment ranger, doing everything they do but better, with a lot of new tricks (Your only trade off is losing the high damage of the shotgun and the sword) for assassinating enemies/groups of enemies and remaining in concealment.

How many did we had to leave behind though? HOW MANY!?

Reapers look more flexible.

Cuties can do no wrong sneks arent cute, you collaborators.

Although in terms of lore/aesthetics etc, Skirmishers ALL the way. I've been using Jsleezy's repurposed vanilla stuff to create my own Advent defectors/defects since it came out, as it is an idea I love.

Skirmishers. The idea of liberated ADVENT defectors teaming up with XCOM tickles me in all the right places. I don't care if they're the worst or least interesting mechanically of the three hero units, they're getting all my focus.

This guy gets it.

This is also a good explanation, I also like how the skirmishers have to fight extra harder to prove that they're not puppets anymore and that they have to kill their brother and sister even though given a choice wouldn't be fighting for the Elders. Templars should have a cooler lore, DAMN IT JAKE RELASE THE INSIDE LOOK

Skirmishers have the best aesthetic of all three groups. You can't deny this.

What happens when xcom win?

Do they go free or are they banned from reproducing if they can? Or get fucked by the reapers and the general population?

We talked about this in a previous thread. I like to believe they'll be dechip and if they're still loyal they get executed, I mean they did help liberate the world, or maybe make a ADVENT reserve in africa or something.

Its the fur man, it fits so well.

We should try and bully Advent Pathfinder user into doing Skirmisher aesthetic version of the armour when the DLC comes out.

(I kid Pathfinder!user)

Skirmishers.

I wish the TF gear mod was updated with all of TF2 armors.

Are Codices the projections of beings from a higher dimension? How did they fall under the control of the Ethereals?

Is this still X-Com or is it Destiny already?

Skirmisher reminds me more of Titanfall than Destiny.

aren't they artificial or something

Even in the Codex brain project Tygan isn't exactly sure what it is, but he decides it is an "organism" rather than a machine, just entirely beyond our normal definitions of life because of it being some kind of manifestation of the psionic network.

(IIRC, been a while since I read the Codex brain report)

At what sort of tech level is it best to take on Rulers?

They're basically XCOM 2's Outsider.

Tier 2.

Tier 1

tier 1 but everybody has superior repeaters equipped

not clickbait
>youtube.com/watch?v=TYJ_gC79x90

I feel like everyone has seen this by now.

Where is The Elders Most Loyal Champion?

Who cares about that loser, where's muh EXALT Templars?

Warlock. He somehow Psi-ed up a stool that could support him while the Elders were talking. That or he has mad squatting skills on par with a Slav.

The Templars look ten times better. They are fucking Grey Knights.

No I'am asking about the lack of Warlockposting on this thread.

Templar Helmet mouthpiece looks a bit off but besides that they look great.

Skirmishers. Michael Dorn seals the deal for me.

Who are these ladies?

Maybe it's because there's not enough posts dedicated to warlocking posts.

>I want to braid the Warlock's locks!

reading up on the old x-com plotline is kinda weird
>theres fucking psionic bacteria that controls your mind

>another botched campaign
I think my head is on wrong and I need to take a break to get into the right mindset before I try again

Advent is A E S T H E T I C

Between the Pathfinders mod and WotC giving us Skirmishers, I am starting to find the idea of ADVENT defectors to be a lot more appealing.
I blame good aesthetics.

>Have skirmisher resistance order that gives you double agent troopers
>Can't let them evac with you in the skyranger
Xcom really hates them Xenos.

Propaganda to make it seem like ADVENT aren't hybrids.

They don't actually exist.

>Advent using Anime as propaganda.
They must be dealt with. What are the newscasters tho? Actual collaborators or robots?

Should I use the Pathfinders with the expansion when it drops?

Someone please post all the map mods and parcels they have, half of them are incompatible with eachother for me

It's very likely that their ability to breed has been genetically engineered out of them by the Elders.

If you look closely at Mox's face, you can sort of see that his sectoid face has been grafted onto him, so I would think that everything else is pretty normal so if his face alteration is that crude.

This, though it isn't like they wouldn't have access to a gene therapy to try to get that back in. I would think that would be a priority for any rights activists that would want them on an equal footing to humanity, especially for their service in helping to win the war.

It would really all depend on if they feel like it is even their place. Their bodies were created from the remains of hundreds of thousands of humans, they might feel like they could never have that right and just want to live to ensure that humanity gets their planet back.

Man, there is a pretty interesting story to tell with these guys. I can't wait to get them in game and get a feel for them. Mox seemed so bro tier. I want to hear about his time in Advent, if he was conscious during the time he had the chip, or if it's like being in a haze from the data feed.

I suspect that he's one of the first gen, since the Reapers talk like he was well known. Process for making them wasn't that good yet, so it involved a lot of graphing and conditioning. Not to mention the Chip implantation. Oh man, I forgot to look and see if he has the same Scar that Tygan has.

Without meaning to sound rude, I have some objections. Firstly, the face grafting doesn't need to be sophisticated; their helmets, Tygan notes, are designed to make seeing inhuman features virtually impossible, so whilst they can afford a hack-job there it doesn't mean they haven't either been physically sterilised (Hysterectomy or Castration) or more likely mentally sterilised (their drive to reproduce removed by altering their brain structure either genetically, surgically, or chemically). I would be surprised if the Elders would want, even by accident, for ADVENT troops to reproduce. They seem like right regular control freaks to me.

I respectfully disagree also that that is necessarily a skin graft at all. Although the skin tone is a of a separate colour to parts of his cranium, you can also see a Deus Ex CASIE-style line of metallic circles, which indicate that instead he's had augmentations implanted into him. From what Elena says in what we have seen of Lost and Abandoned, Mox was once a successful ADVENT officer, so perhaps he was an earlier model of officer with a different make-up or training, or simply augmented differently to his companions. I will admit, it has piqued my curiosity that the tone difference should be so pronounced.

The scarring/modifications on his face was something he did to distinguish himself from his fellow Skirmishers. They are clones so they all share the same "face."

>clones
>having the exact same face
That doesn't make sense.

Retoasting for ScoutAnon

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974478357

It's finished, normally i'd write something long here but i just got done writing a book for the mod's description(fun fact, there's a limit of 8k characters in the mod description). And if you have been keeping up you already know what the deal is.

tl;dr: 2 new aliens with 4 variants each, plasma weapons for advent, new weapon type for Xcom complete with the 3 tech tiers, Proximity stun mine, some doohickey scanner that gives flanking bonuses(and mobility for the one you get from the T4 Advent), a vest that gives 3 mobility(so you can go super fast with an SMG) and more!(disclaimer: there's nothing more).

Maybe because it was still early and they couldn't ramp up production without mass abductions and were using the humans they had already managed to abduct during the war, it was better to try to save Advent when they were wounded. Maybe Mox got a severe head wound that needed a skin graph?

Later, once they had the forge up and running, pumping out Advent would be easy, so they wouldn't have to worry about trying to save him.

It is not inconceivable - such a wound could go some way to explaining his rebelliousness. Someone had to be the first to discover a device or method to remove ADVENT chips, and it predates Tygan's defection (otherwise he wouldn't have been able to remove it). It wouldn't be Mox, but he certainly would have been difficult to persuade towards the Skirmishers if he still had it operating at full function. Perhaps he was recovered like other Skirmishers - injured in action and then dechipped?

Likewise, Mox may have been considered a valuable enough asset that saving him was worthwhile. In which case, the skin graft could be explained again in terms of injury.

So... the elefant in the room.

The entire planet is under control by super advanced aliens.

You swoosh around in a clunky pseudo-space ship and no one notices?

Bradford's flying is so bad they are convinced it is a meteorological event

Actual humans, just reading what the authorities give them as news with no reason to doubt any of it.

The Speaker is a Thinman though, just with a better melding of human genes.

I'm sure the Council spokesman was pulling some strings behind the scenes and altering flight plans so no one notices.

Pathfinder user, why does the weapon cost in the screenshot display things with the 0 value, like it's not required for the weapon but is still there anyway?

Skirmishers. Kill. Kill. KILL! He's a one man army.

Councilman lives r-right?

what the fuck jake it looks exactly the same

fuck you copycat nigger

He's dead.

delete this right now councilman lives

he is the one true god

Total global surveillance is harder then you think. Even for a super advanced race. It requires infrastructure and Satellite surveillance requires a lot of them, as we know from EU and it's not perfect. Council man also would have a hand in making sure that your flight plans were going through blind spots, which is why you can only get to certain places on the globe from other locations.

Advent themselves also barely go outside the city centers, so not a lot of chance for the Avenger to run into them just flying around and also why UFOs directly hunting the Avenger have to try to find it.

Councilman is alive, voice actor has confirmed this in a youtube comment. Don't have the related image though.

Voice actors aren't always the best source of information. They usually know less than the writers and might get stuff wrong.

How do I know if the mods are active? I'm having trouble with the mod launcher provided in the pastebin.

Skirmishers. Cool aesthetics, cool voices, cool concept/lore, and I like the idea of just a hardy frontline rifleman.

>Buildable XCOM Spectres never
>Buildable MRVN engineers never

SPARKS are cool but I want to go full Techno Union and just crank out frontline infantry bots.

Well, also remember that UFOs (and the Avenger is an old supply ship) have some kind of stealth that made them an absolute bitch to detect, plus they do seem to use UFOs on Earth in a limited capacity, maybe part of that is the Avenger getting "legit" transponder/IFF codes from the resistance every month and only in the Dark Event of the UFO hunt or the Chosen tracking you down do ADVENT dedicate themselves to figuring out what isn't legitimate.

Plus, the majority of the time the Avenger is grounded away from Advents zone of control

titan fall weapons when

>ADVENT have neck covers in the concept are
>They don't ingame

JAAAAAAKE

Shit, why haven't any modders done this yet?

Probably the same reason that they didn't go through with it. It's hard to actually make look good without massive clipping.

>soldier from character pool dies
>rename random rookie
>hit load from character pool
You shall be avenged Peter "The General" Van Doorn.

>77 posts
>no CHAMPION posting
If only you knew the truth, miscreants.

he looks dumb

Restrain yourself, lest you be restrained.

>forcing shit is so fun, I learned it from imgur!

There's a mod that lets you build Reaper units from COD: IW but it requires some character pool fuckery to set up.

I'm sorry his delivery of that line was just perfect.

Remember... we will be watching

he looks like a dumb old metalhead

Your previous directive to preserve all human life has been, rescinded.

Councilman will always have the best voice in all XCOM

Nobody cares honey bunch

umm sorry sweetie but nobody likes some dumb old fart

Do you think the assassin likes back rubs

i think the assassin likes black nubians

NO HE CAN'T DIE REEE

Templar. Though between the two I'd pick Skirmisher

It's been outright stated by the Firaxis devs on reddit. All Skirmishers have the same face, the head options simply give them different scarring patterns. The only face differences are between genders.

Iwant to corrupt the assassin

I understand, but ackshully, clones are not necessarily identical in appearance but it was everyone thinks.

We see in the game proper their faces aren't grafted on. The implication is that the process to become a Skirmisher and remove your mind control chip involves removing your face and bolting it back on after the chip's out, which is why Bradford calls it a brutal procedure in the skirmisher trailer.

Wait, skirmishers are ADVENT clones?

what

lol are you dense? It's been in their description from the start, they're ADVENT soldiers who had their chips removed in a brutal procedure, becoming free.