Civic suspension

Okay Veeky Forums my girlfriends mom has an 02 civic and something broke on her front suspension and I think its a ball joint from the picture what do you guys think it is

Lower ball joint.
Just jack up the car, and push it back together. Maybe wrap some tie wire around it to secure it together.

Damn that sucks it broke before you were even halfway done with that tire. Oh well just sell it and finance a Nissan Versa at 23% interest

>Maybe wrap some tie wire around it to secure it together.

Its the ball joint. Its an easy fix if you arent a soyboy. Next time you hear clunking/metal grinding noises in a car, stop and check it out.

>that tire
This is why I dont buy used.

Seriously...that an alignment issue ? I guess clearly since the ball joint fucking broke lmao

you let your gf drive around on those tires?

meh, no cord showing yet, whatever

you trying to kill her?

Cunts fucked.

fuck roasties

Thank you for the help
Its her moms car

Tell your gf's mom to stop slaying curbs and speedbumps with her Civic

Tell her to get a fucking alignment done. She needed one about 6 years ago, but when you replace anything on the suspension or when you get new tires an alignment should be done.

Let me guess, "It just happened with no warning!"

Idiot

It is for sure a ball joint. I just had someone on Thanksgiving leave their car in front of my house and explain that his ball joint suddenly snapped and it looks very similar to the pic you posted. I'll try to get the pic for comparison.

The guy had paper plates too lmao

>She needed one about 6 years ago

Alignments don't fix worn suspension components. In fact you need to inspect that the suspension is in good form before getting an alignment. Which the shop monkey doing the alignment SHOULD do, but you know how that goes.

>that an alignment issue
yes, a bad one