Ew wtf?

Ew wtf?

Over TREE HUNNA HO'POWA MAH NIGGOLO

the proliferation of turbo "ecoboost" type engines have made horsepower as a marketing gimmick almost meaningless.

it's pretty useless if all that power doesn't end up on the tires and giving that go feeling.

I'd be curious to try one and compare it to my 12 year old Camry but I'm pretty sure its the same car as it's been since the 90s.

>mfw toyota is trying to make the camry a non-sleeper car

they're failing pretty bad at it.

It looks like an insect sneezing.

Camries are nice man

Toyotas never get love or respect until they are 8 years old or have 150k+ miles

My parents bought a 2012 Camry XLE with 24k miles on it last year and let me tell you that shit's nice. Sure it's boring but it's reliable as fuck and it just werks. In ten years when I inherit it, I'm sure it will be roadworthy and still a fine vehicle.

MOAR EMOTIONS
MOAR GROCERIES
MOAR EMOTIONS
MOAR GROCERIES
OLD HAAAAAAAAAGG

I'm sure it is a fine vehicle which is why it's such a shame that they insist on making it look as hideous and edgy as possible. They're combining the shaving razor grille of lexus with the fake air intakes of honda and the squinty arbitrary angled lines of every cheap import that tries way too hard to look cool and exciting in an attempt to distract from some deficit. That's simply not an exterior I can respect.

I have a Rav4, 16 years old with almost 200k, still drives like a brand new car. Idles so quiet and smooth you wouldn't know the thing was even on.

Also, maintenence I've done in the last 3.5 years
>3 oil changes
>4 new tires
>new wipers front and back

That's it.

People over analyze the exterior of these cars, man. It's a grocery getter for old ladies, who actually cares. The thing will only be cool to our age bracket when we can pick them up for 2 grand and crash them in a derby, just like Camrys from 20 years ago, today.

Are you an old lady though?

My Tacoma is getting close to 300k and runs like a mf top. Manual says engine rebuild at 500k, I can fuckin wait.
>tfw your 20 year old pickup won't quit while your friend's new ford is back at the dealership for transmission problems

>It's a grocery getter for old ladies, who actually cares.

I would consider buying one if it looked better. They don't offer a 300hp engine to appeal to old ladies. The only reason it's a grocery getter for old ladies is because they haven't made it respectable to a younger audience. That's what they're trying to do with the edgy styling, but they're failing. To say the edgy styling doesn't matter because they only ever wanted to appeal to old ladies anyway is circular logic.

Honda and Toyota have confused looking exciting and fun with actually being exciting and fun. Look at the new prius for God's sake.

>300hp
Might be cool
>8 speed slushbox
Straight into the poubelle

Nobody wants a camry. Nobody our age says "I was looking at the new camry." Styling will not change it, even if you liked it, you would never utter the phrase, "I've been looking at the new camry," don't lie.

And old lady paying a car payment with social security gives no fucks though, it's got good safety ratings? Cold AC? It's a reliable jap car? You know what you got? Sold! HP only "matters" because they can't lie in commercials, and HP is a marketing gimmick, especially in a CAMRY.

>even if you liked it, you would never utter the phrase, "I've been looking at the new camry," don't lie.

Um, what? Who the hell would be so self-conscious that they would refuse to acknowledge interest in an entire model of car for fear of having some sort of self-esteem breakdown? Are you some sort of mega-badge whore whose entire concept of self-worth is wrapped up in the name of a model of car? I already admitted that I looked at the camry and considered buying it except for its looks. If the camry was a good car and fit my needs and preferences I would buy it. Hell, I would buy a prius if the same was true for it. I don't give a fuck what the name of the car is, I care about its specs and styling. The only person who would care more about the former than the latter is a woman or a child.

Be honest, you were born after 2000.

I own a prius, you fat fucking donk. On the first hand you say "gosh, who would write off a car because it was designed in a certain way???" (camry being designed as grocery getter and having that reputation), then you say "gross, I don't like the way it's designed, written off."

Go get your old lady grocery getter and stop whining, yeesh.

You ok bro?

Were you born before 1960? The only halfway "sporty" camry was the v6 in a 5 speed, and that was only good to buy and wreck.

>poubelle
POU
BELLE

It's a regular family sedan. I don't know what it's like in upside down land, but in US they sell like fucking mad.

Why put a fucking angry fascia on it?

>you say "gosh, who would write off a car because it was designed in a certain way???

Except I never said that.

Side rear of these things look fucking retarded

Every time I see one i think someone dented the end of their newish car but it's actually fucking designed like that lmao

R I D G E S
I
D
G
E
S

This is an example of nips can't into anything perfectly, like this However, who cares.