Final Fantasy General DCXXV - /ffg/

>Disscussion of Final Fantasy games
The Wiki: finalfantasy.wikia.com
"What version should I play?" Information: pastebin.com/nDC7j5bn

>FF XI
July update: forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52835
wiki.dspt.info/index.php/DarkStar_Servers

>FFXV
KING’S KNIGHT announced for Mobile & MONSTER OF THE DEEP: FINAL FANTASY XV for PSVR
Episode Ignis Trailer: youtu.be/_sRPZzWeric
Brotherhood episodes: pastebin.com/Q7Efb9F2

>Final Fantasy Record Keeper
Game Mechanics PDF: happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf
Upcoming Banners List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e1xUGHH-OBdlM0QzWoME4GRJt9v3ocQmdmylI62hwFk/edit#gid=1211382974
bantha.org/~dscotton/ffrk.html
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11vnPui7vWmEcky7XK5XFMf6TWCIDWIOBJykStFwR5KE
FAQ Pastebin: pastebin.com/XxJuYdTE

>Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
How to JP: pastebin.com/91MEQ6wW
GL FAQ: pastebin.com/c43qGvi6
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vqMFkPjm0cbnxR37U8ATXZEgRPspHSR8UyeCFkTEq10

>MOBIUS Final Fantasy
FAQ Pastebin: pastebin.com/nGC6BJ84

>Other game information
pastebin.com/xMVaH4Hv

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/6gqvz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lightning-sama is here. Don't avert your gaze from the Goddess.

I've got 75M gil and to convert all 999 of my greater power orbs to Major would cost 4M. I think I'm good.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP!

Holy fucking shit this was always here goddamn
I don't remember if Knights could learn Life, I hope they do because otherwise my autism is gonna force me to back out of every dungeon where someone wipes just to revive them.

>leaning forward, showing off her breasts
>brap
what

I wouldn't expect virgins like yourself to understand........

ok

Huh, I was wondering why RK's Sarah had a yellow dress and pink hair

FTT es kusoge

Well, yeah. If a spooky skeleton is wandering around, you tend to watch it.

ability buffs plz

Not til Meia becomes playable in Mobius I'd assume

That turtleneck is ruining an otherwise nice view

Sharing something I found today that was pretty cool. Feel free to ignore if you weren't into it but I felt like they were at least worth sharing.

imgur.com/a/6gqvz

Lightning-sama doesn't show off her goods to just anyone.

Kill yourself

You didn't find them, somebody made them.

Both of those things can be true at the same time, user.

Wow about you just be a Rhodes scholar, you mean these images didn't just appear from the void?

Does any FF8 material explain where Guardian Forces came from or what they are beyond "independent energy forces"?

>Haha! Time for my first FT!
>spend 20 or so minutes setting up my party
>mfw

Well, that was close, guess I'll just retry. The 0-bar stuff is fucked, though.

That's an interesting party user

What's your set up

>Mixed team
>with 2 low damage support cucks as physical
>AND Tyro aswell

Not him but I brought Laguna for this JS, however for Meme God. If he stacks 3 magic buffs and somehow enough debuffs he shouldn't have a problem with Laguna + Ashe combo.

I can't seem to find any unopened chests, so I'll assume the last item on this checklist is the Excalibur, no?

not this user, but this FT isn't weak to anything right? I pulled Thancred's imperil BSB, so I think i'll load up on a fire or wind team and make a run at it.

That would be some shit if we got the ability buff thing this early. The imperil buff was at least a couple of months down the road before it got bumped up for global.

It has slight omni-resist, so imperils will do really well against it.

Probably.

I'm still mad about how Spellblade is now once again the #1 skillset and everyone who wasn't good enough to get it is stuck with secondary skillsets that do less damage less elements and less hits and some of which were blatantly skipped over for the ability upgrade, such as Bio Grenade, i.e. the only AE poison we have, or literally all the dragoon jumps, which are now even worse due to the much faster animations.

Machinist, Dragoon, Sharpshooter etc finally started getting somewhere as respectable specialized skillsets and now its just like "nope, just use main characters who ALL get spellblade and that's that."

Good luck keeping the phys blink up in that fight, though.

I mean that actually means that unlike hitting NE, using an Imperil means the element won't actually do worse than NE against it.

Doesn't Machinist out-DPS Spellblade though?

Does that mean this 1/11 Payne BSB I got in the lucky draw isn't useless?

Don't mind me, just posting best girl.

>tfw the only thing I got for local spellblade submachineguns Bartz/Celes/Squall is all just subpar shit that does not interact with their spellblade spam in the least
fuck

Paine has a very good skillset anyway, having Knight aswell, and an excellent record dive with stacking damage bonuses. The BSB is nice for the massive elemental coverage it has for elements that are not all too common on physical.

Hard to say yet, though they get easier hones and a lot more support via various SB effects, MOST of all Bartz USB.

I had a hard time finding another Rikku USB RW to remake the setup. The pastebin only having one guy with it doesn't help.

Everyone but Tyro have their BSBs, Vanille has her USB, and Ashe has her OSB. Bringing Faris only for her USB seemed like a waste of space, though, so I just brought Mustadio for extra damage too, even if he needs more levels and I ran out of eggs.

That's exactly why I brought him; the imperil stack, and Ashe being dived as far as I could, are great for damage.

But Sharpshooter is pretty much an outright superior Spellblade now. It's stronger even without a ranged weapon.

Pastebin Rikku guy here. If you're using Lightning and needing more healing your RW choice absolutely should be Reks here.

...yes? If user's best team is an elemental team with imperil, then they might as well go that route against this particular boss. The toughest part is making sure they can burst through the final phase.

Did you see what that shit takes to hone though? Especially the 5* Ice one we have right now, jeez, who came up with those orbs.

Not to mention there's very little bonus effect support for Sharpshooter... I can only think of Tidus BSB2 right now that does anything with it I think.

Spellblade have Bartz USB, which is huge. Not to mention many of the Spellblade characters have special gimmicks aswell, like Celes with Runic stuff and other spellblade related effects, plus her LM.

Mustadio's burst command 2 already has armor breakdown covered. What does Laguna's burst commands do? Does it have a quickcast machinist attached to it like Musty? If not, I think Mustadio might benefit more from having one of those machinist commands over ABd. He can go burst command 1 -> TS -> burst 1; etc.

The healing was only really needed in the final part; I brought Rikku for the Hastega/Boostga, actually. I'm wondering if OK's BSB wouldn't be a better choice, though, seeing as how Vanille's USB also has Proshellga.

With how much damage I was dealing with Ashe's CMD1, I'm sure one more use of that could've finished the job.

>Mustadio's burst command 2 already has armor breakdown covered.

Shit, you're right, changing that for Power Breakdown.

>What does Laguna's burst commands do?

Only damage, the machinist skills are there in case he runs out of burst by the last part.

>I think Mustadio might benefit more from having one of those machinist commands over ABd. He can go burst command 1 -> TS -> burst 1; etc.

While he would certainly do more damage, sacrificing a BD for that seems kind of counter-productive. Then again, I didn't need power BD the first time, so I'm gonna try giving him TS instead.

All I want is for DENA to start respecting the poison element

>>With how much damage I was dealing with Ashe's CMD1
Was this after you used up all your BSB entries?

>BSB
>USB
>CMD1
>BD
>TS

It's official, RK has too many acronyms.

not him but the least I have to use the term "soul break", the better

>The healing was only really needed in the final part; I brought Rikku for the Hastega/Boostga, actually. I'm wondering if OK's BSB wouldn't be a better choice, though, seeing as how Vanille's USB also has Proshellga.

Reks BSB entry is Hastega, ATK/MAG/DEF(!) buff and burst commands are Ice/Lightning damage and NE damage that heals an ally aswell. I recommended it specifically because it fills literally every niche you need right there and helps you more than Rikku since Vanille already does Proshellga, and commands suit you better than Onion, plus the DEF buff.

>Only damage, the machinist skills are there in case he runs out of burst by the last part.

Oh, wait, I'm an idiot; CMD1 have mod chance for silence and paralyze, and CMD2 reduces delay from machinist skills for two turns.

Yeah.

Much easier than I thought this would be; thanks guys. I thought a mid 70s Fran with only her imperil SSB would suck, but turns out TGC and Lightning-Sama can carry with OSB/USB.

Only one I'm salty about is that they called it Overstrike Soulbreak instead of just Oversoulbreak. Like, Oversoul was legit a thing, DeNA, it even was related to breaking damage cap.

I thought it was called Overflow in JP

Only free spot for the commands would be Tyro, hope it works.

>no Reks in pastebin

Shoot. I'll try in RKcentral.

DeNA fucked up and made Imperils too good basically. They tried to make Attaches catch up but implemented the attach stacking system so badly that its literally not worth bothering with.

It is, but in Global its Overstrike. The english translations are always progressively worse than JP and literally use terms the JP one will use later for something else, see Abyss -> Nightmare, Nightmare -> Torment.

The translators really need to stop patronizing the JP guys when they pick an english word to use. It almost always fits better. See: Guts.

Whitefall is only ATK/DEF.
Not that it matters, Ashe should hardly need MAG boosts to hit the cap after enLightning, and if she does, Vanille can just drop a Faith on her

Probably have Tyro do the faith if he's using commands now.

>While he would certainly do more damage, sacrificing a BD for that seems kind of counter-productive
Right. PBd will definitely resolve the problem of negating its damage on top of Full Break and Mustadio's burst entry. It's going to go pretty heavy with damage at the end, so you want to reduce that as much as possible.

>CMD2 reduces delay from machinist skills for two turns.
Fantastic! Assuming the burst commands are elemental, due to Laguna's record materia? It might be a problem with getting the most out of Rapid Fire, but if commands can hit weakness, you might not even need to equip RF in the first place.

good joke

Kupo

They changed boss info in JP a couple days ago, The guy who wrote Dr. Mogs shit seems to be out of a job now.

Kupo is over.

Someone make a Dr Jewgle edit of this please.

>Assuming the burst commands are elemental, due to Laguna's record materia?

Yeah, physical lightning. RF is practically filler, desu.

Gonna try now with Reks RW, and switching UC in Vanille for Faith.

Anyone using the latest version of Memu? Is it more stable than 2.8.6?

Hilda when?

>yet another pub that can't kill Titan's heart
Bail me out /ffg/

Sure, why not

Just beat Cid, Bahamut is awake. RIP Reddas, You crazy SoB. Someone should make a gif or webm of the scene where Reddas feels the spiral energy.

Find either a wind destruction engine Zack/Cloud team, or find a fire team with a Refia or two. They fucked up real bad with her BSB way back and basically put the entire crit and buff meta into one single soulbreak that does all the crit and crit damage and dark bargain stuff in one package. Plus fire boost gear for both armor and weapons is pretty gettable. There's even a XIV synergy dagger that does it.

Host it.

>DeNA fucked up and made Imperils too good basically.
but most imperils are just an Imperil BSB with not much else going on

requipping, give me a few. ill bring something other than catslut.

>Scott
This is the most hilarious FF name just because how absurdly un-FF-like it is.

They're perfectly fine and often have good enough multipliers on their commands. EnElement ones more often than not are better off using abilities once they have the attach up and I can actually think of more plain Attach BSBs that are just CMD 1 Single Target Damage and CMD 2 AE Damage than Imperil ones.

What is so un-ff about it

Well looks like my run ends here.
Earth Rod in hand and nothing happens.

Unless I gotta talk to some NPC fuckface in Melmond, I don't remember ever having to

Paul's in the same game, bud

>guy

up; I've got Thancred and Alph for now, but can swap to more meta depending on what we got.

Threadly reminder that Vayne Solidor did nothing wrong.

And Joseph.

Paul and Joseph are at least Biblical names. Scott sounds like a guy from the HR department.

The first ever Princess' name was Sarah, I don't know what your problem is.

Since we have Relm now, i'll leave Alphinaud. I have Yshtola if that would work better though.

I don't remember doing anything differently. Does event item usage work differently in the PS1 version?

Why does everybody always shit on Barret in FFRK? I mean he has access to Wrath and he can Pentabreak. Doesn't make him a top tier character or anything but surely theres somebody worse than that.

Apparently I have to use key items.
Now when I played the NES version I sure do remember having to use the lute myself in the final dungeon but the earth rod is sure as fuck new to me

He can't quite stack debuffs as hard as everyone can, and he has an utter lack of relics.
His BSB comes in DoC2, and it's alright, Full Breakdown 6xAoE hits on entry, 2x ST hits on his commands which double as MBD/PBD so he can pretend to be DPS for a while.

Because Gunarms ruin banners in a realm that already has fucking hairpins.

What would you consider a solid amount of lapis to have?

Like what would be the absolute reasonable minimum of lapis you would need to feel fairly confident you'll get what you want from a banner?

Mostly because his relics are often the dummy prizes on VII banners, kinda like Yang's fucking imperil SSB on IV banners. When people roll on them, they want someone else but always get Barret's crap instead.

I guess what I'm asking is, who is the actual worst character

>Yang's fucking imperil SSB
triggered

Lol

Right now? Still Ricard probably, that's changing soon. Probably Rufus then? Or the WoFF shitters.

Like 40k + 50 tickets. At least. And that's if "what you want" is just a single base 5*, and even then it's like a 70/30.

Gau is pretty much garbage.
DKCecil is also a really halfbaked DPS too.

Rikku is for ______

Thancred is such a trash character.

>2 attacks go through before the Gold Needle
>exp distribution is forever fucked
FUCK

I thought the Thancreds were going to spam shit during the heart phase, what happened?