Why doesn't Toyota release a 1:1 copy of the Supra MK4 with modernized interior and maybe some other changes to make it...

Why doesn't Toyota release a 1:1 copy of the Supra MK4 with modernized interior and maybe some other changes to make it up to 2017's standards? I thought businesses were supposed to love money.

Other urls found in this thread:

eaglegb.com/156/what-do-eagle-etypes-do
supramkv.com/threads/detroit-2018-if-you-could-ask-toyota-a-question.661/page-15#post-8471
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because the people who actually have the money to buy new cars dont want one that looks like an old used shitbox from the 90s

you neets always fantasize about these things because you have the economic knowledge of toddlers

Wouldn't pass 2017 safety standards

yes and it would be an areo dynamic nightmare/ fuel efficiency regulations etc

Nice digits

Assuming that emissions, safety and the other six quadrillion regulations were SOMEHOW met. Then your'e looking at a car that would likely only sell to people who already know what it is (and want one) in which case they A) Have one or B) They don't have one because they don't have enough money.
In my opinion, a much better investment would be to manufacture and sell replacement parts for them instead of the whole car.

The amount of engineering required to get a OBDI car with early 2000s safety standarts to pass late 2010s emissions and safety regulations is higher than engineering a new car would be.

A new engine, let´s call it 3JZ-GTE, would need the following changes to pass emissions alone:
>OBDII electronics
>modern fuel system
>catalythic converter mounted close to engine
>more accurate mass airflow meter
>more accurate manifold pressure sensor
>exaust gas recirculation
>multiple oxygen sensors
>additional 3-way catalythic converters
>maybe SCR catalythic converter to get NOx down

Now you need to get the fuel consumption down:
>cylinder deactivation
>high compression ratio (compromises NOx levels and maximum boost)
>maybe some kind of hybrid drivetrain
>long gear ratios

Keep in mind that all of that is no bolt on mod, it has to be calculated, designed, tested, optimised, tested again and build.

Now you still need to upgrade the body and interrior to support these modifications AND pass 2017/2018 safety regulations AND appeal to todays custumer.

>1:1
>but with modern shit that adds a fuckton of weight, not to mention modern safety standards
>but keep it 1:1
user you're fucking retarded, and we're not getting into the economical retardation in your post.

i mean body wise retardo

Wouldn`t make much of a difference, as the Soopra was pigfat already.

Just because you want something doesn't make it worth Toyota's time

>calling anyone retarded
>not knowing the reason why most modern cars look ugly nowadays are due to the design restrictions.

please go back to playing Forza Horizon you underage faggot

Shut up, meme-spewer.

You forget the supra was discontinued do to low sales.

No it wasn't. What the fuck are you talking about?

What's it like being retarded?

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

ok

>1:1 copy of MKIV, inside and out
>add least amount of safety features necessary to pass safety standards
>least amount fuel standards whatever whatever

there you go. god just fucking hire me Toyota

How much would you sell it for?

seeing how the car was what, 320hp and it will be a 1:1 copy, 320 hp is nothing today. you could get a Shelby with 600 hp or whatever for similar monies $30k - $35k

Include me in the screencap

I got you senpai

obd2 was 1996, so all but the earliest MKIV supras

>i am now part of Veeky Forums history
>in a Supra thread

I feel pretty fulfilled.

It's a shame there were some interesting colors exclusive to '93-'95, otherwise '97+ models had everything else going for them.

Due to the dot-com bubble.
Sportscar sales, ESPECIALLY japanese, took a nosedive.

The people who buy new cars don't give a shit about the looks.

>Does it have leather seats
>Can people tell it's the latest model (bright LED headlights and DRLs, infotainment)
>check check and check?
>Does the badge have a name that corolla and camry drivers can't afford?
>Can I beat johnny v6 mustang in a 40 pull?
>I'll take twenty!

lmao the 2jz supras already have half of this shit??

he's right you fucking dimwits. no one in america gave a fuck about the supra. it was 50k usd until 1997 when they reduced it to 38k usd because no one wanted it. then they discontinued it in 1998 even thought it still sold in japan until 2002. no one cared about it until the fnf movie came out lmao. fucking kids.

the post above me is very hard not to reply to

but this is what he wants

i guarantee im the only person in this thread who has owned a mkiv so try me with your shit reply lmao

The mk4 Supra is actually quite aerodynamic as is. They'd need to replace the 2JZ though, for something more modern to adjust for fuel efficiency reg's, as you say.

The late 2JZ-GTE had VVTi and OBD2 you fucking retard. Also, they already had EGR.

It already had multiple O2 sensors. No gasoline engine uses SCR. You're literally just throwing buzzwords around.

What would actually be needed is completely new engine design that is aluminum block to support direct and port injection, dual VVT on intake and exhaust, wideband O2 sensing, precats, and new turbos. The only thing that would be shared with the 2JZ is the inline 6 configuration.

Oh, and maybe secondary air injection after the exhaust to help oxidize unburned gas on cold start. That would be an easy way to help with emissions.

You can't make 1:1 copies of older cars that are up to today's safety, emissions and quality standards.
This is what happens when you do.

cool impreza

>what is Eagle E-Type

Nissan restarted production of Y61 Patrol but only because those are sought after by people that can actually afford it unlike Supra fans.

>No gasoline engine uses SCR.
If you want to run high boost, you need one to deal with the NOx.

An easy way to carbon up intake valves more like

Tbh it’s better than any rover lmao

>You can't make 1:1 copies of older cars that are up to today's safety, emissions and quality standards.
>This is what happens when you do.
except that's not a copy of anything, it's just an impreza with an ugly ass bodykit.

EGR was already required by then for california emissions

if anything, they could axe EGR, since cars get decent enough emissions without it nowadays

it's an e type that has been heavily restored and modified to the point that it resembles a new car

>no one in america gave a fuck about the supra
Can't really blame em, at the time the Supra came out the new C4 ZR1 was a huge buzz. on top of being one of the most powerful naturally aspirated cars under 100k it set endurance records that still stand to this day which only added to the marketing of the car. i think 7000 C4 ZR1s were built or sold from 1990-1995 and when they initially came out they were selling way above MSRP. the Supra seemed like yet another turbo 4/6 cylinder car in a sea of turbo 4/6 cylinder cars so the people who could afford them were looking for something more exotic and the people who really wanted them but couldn't afford the most expensive turbo trims bought the cheapest naturally aspirated ones that made up a sizeable chunk of the Supra's sales (which i guess kinda defeats the purpose of the car). endless turbo offerings like the RX7, 300ZX, and 3000GT likely didn't help with making the car stand out.

They can make brand new ones too. They have the tooling.

And yet it still went on 3 more years after that

>wrong
-
>You can commission us to build you an Eagle E-Type
-
>This is the world famous 'zero mile' restoration of an original Jaguar E-Type, carried out completely in-house here at Eagle.
-
>You select the 'donor' E-Type from us, or supply your own and the process begins from there.
-
>You can commission us to build you an Eagle E-Type Special Edition.
-
>These Special Editions comprise the Eagle Speedster, Eagle Low Drag GT and the Eagle Spyder GT, all based on an original Jaguar E-Type.
-
>based on an original Jaguar E-type.

eaglegb.com/156/what-do-eagle-etypes-do

You realize you're responding to a troll post.

I don't know what either of you are saying anyway, it was sensational.

Pigfat hybrid.

They will do a non-hybrid 3.5 liter twin turbo V6 as well. Same engine that is available for the 2018 Lexus LS500.

Isn't it some BMW engine, it's a Z4 sister model after all.

>This is what happens when you do.
How dumb are you?

They're gonna have multiple engine options. I'm sure some will be shared with the BMW Z4.

supramkv.com/threads/detroit-2018-if-you-could-ask-toyota-a-question.661/page-15#post-8471

Vomit.

confirmation that Akio Toyoda was actually there, building under his story.

It has two heated narrow band oxygen sensors, which do not pass emissions today. You have to use wide band, flat plane oxygen sensors, as they have a much faster light off time (car is in closed loop faster, sometimes immediately after starting in hybrid cars) and can detect a much wider range of AFRs, from 5:1 all the way to 22:1, while a old style narrow band can only detect 14.5:1 to 15:1, and takes much longer to heat up, sometimes minutes, so they need to be placed closer to the engine, as well as some smaller precats close to the engine to help reduce cold start emissions as they have a shorter light off time than a large, main cat.

What Toyota should do is offer the 2JZ-GT, 2JZ-GT and 3S-GE as crate engines

This is something I always think about and never find a single thing that would make it not viable

No point there is a healthy supply of these engines and most end users will rebuild them and replace the the stock parts anyway

what are you even talking about?

supra mk4 looks like a regulat dad's car compared to uber aggressive cars like aventador you mongo

their business is to love money and make the shareholders money. hence why they are an appliance manufacturer. they will pump out prius, Camry, corolla, yaris, Tacoma and tundra by the millions. they are not a niche manufacturer. if they think they cant sell millions of a car model they wont produce it.

So much this.
>at school
>talk to a normie about some shit
>suddenly says he'd like to own a MK4 Supra
>be very surprised because all the other normies drive/want Audis and BMWs
>turns out he just wants to beat other chads to the next set of traffic lights and happens to know the Supra is a fast
>wants to do a fucking chiptune when he gets it
>actually drives an Audi
I'm not even making this up

gazoo plz save toyota

>chiptune
Fucking normies I swear.

>he'd like to own a Supra
ayy

>remainder of post
i cringe