/stsg/ - Starsector General

Dong measuring edition

>What?
Starsector is a 2D single-player open-world RPG space combat exploration economic game thing, basically Mount & Blade but in space.
Outdated but still relevant introduction video:
youtube.com/watch?v=UTCpVY80Bpc

>Where?
Official site:
fractalsoftworks.com
Official forums:
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php#1

>Current version
0.8.1aRC8

>List of popular mods
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

>/stsg/ modpack
mediafire.com/file/qz68gks6ebv4btf/Starsector General Mod Pack Version 3.7z

>The performance is really bad what do I do?
Other than allocating more memory for the game to use, there isn't much you can do.
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726

>Stale Bread
>Dong expansion
Pending gentle massage

Other urls found in this thread:

fractalsoftworks.com/2017/07/15/drawing-redacted-battlestations-part-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>image
kek

It's over, user. Let go.

So the game crashed while it was saving. I have Notepad++ to open the .bak
Recovery, how to?

Drawing [REDACTED] Battlestations, part 2
fractalsoftworks.com/2017/07/15/drawing-redacted-battlestations-part-2/

BRRRRAAAAAAAAPPPPPP

>delete old save
>rename bak to whatever the orig was

>lv 72
Fuck the police.

>ship
>somehow fits ~480ish OPs worth of shit into 455 OP
Also fuck the police.

This guy's bounty still had a month or something left on it and he just decides to fuck off to hyperspace.

rofl worst fucking fits ever seen by man

Why is there an ITU when it comes with ATC

This is from before the ATC was added.

Well, I noticed an imperfect pixel on those ships. Hate to break it to you user, but Dong is flaccid indefinitely

high tech is disgusting

Onslaught master race amirite?

Dominator, all day every day.

Either way, you're getting reaper'd.

What if Reaper launcher recharged

>Leave hellbore on autofire
>It snipes a talon

Heh, wait until you see the improved Wuzhang sprite.

Is Onslaught a cake?

Onslaught XIV-sama is a Christmas Cake. I want to hug her and reassure her that she'll always be my flagship no matter how old she is, even if the younger Paragon-chan says otherwise!

I want to lick her TPCs and watch her moan.

L-l-lewd! Shipfu's are for handholding.
I don't know if a pleb like me will be able to notice what pixel changed. I'll just have to resign myself to an expanded Dong

>All the the Onslaughts and low techs are having a large Ara Ara~ tea party and fun battle
>worst Shipfu Aurora has to stay on the sidelines by herself because of her paperthin armor

The Aurora is so overrated holy shit, worse ship.

>nomad ships all have built in weaponry

I guess I kinda like it, and I kinda don't like it

How are the ships themselves?

No pixel memes, it is changing a lot, and will be 100x cooler.

Trust me.

Dnno haven't played it too much yet

Seems like all their weapons are all just pulse lasers, their missile destroyer ship seems terrible, haven't got cooperative yet for cruisers/battleships.

Reminds me of that pic of a nerd standing in a corner at a party while complaining about his feet hurting and other things.
>I kinda wanted to make a mini faction based around low-tech ships and hard pointed torpedoes. Make the torp launchers revolver cylinders that you could spin up to dump the torp load rapidly. They would run merc net, where you could use money to roll for random ship officers. Don't know why I got off on a tangent.

Crud didn't mean to greentext that

Yeah, I saw a few of your before and after pics. Take you time, I doubt you're slower than the wait for Alex.

>start the game
>every military market is selling capitals like they're going out of style
>finally hit Cooperative
>nothing but shitty cruisers everywhere

At least you get cruisers

tfw want the dong but will never get it
why am i alive

I'm surprised this general has lasted this long. Didn't think it would after mods kept purging us from /v/

You know what would be nice? A market that only sells unmanned drone derelict ships and REDACTED ships. A massive fleet of cheap disposable machines seems like a fun idea.

hm?
It dies every night

Man, I miss that one version when every missile reloaded. Good times.

Best large energy?

Berst large missile?

Trying to outfit an Apogee. So far I have sabot srm in the small missile, antimatter blasters in the small energy, and heavy blasters in the medium energy.

I have most of the faction mods installed too, so I am really lost.

I'd just go with the classic, Tachyon Lance/High Intensity Laser and Hurricane MIRV/Squall. A lot of mod weapons tend to clash with vanilla aethestics.

>start only at friendly with Nomads even when you are one of their faction
>Have to go trade fucking survey data to their Oasis ship hidden somewhere on the map

I'll let you know when I finally get some & do it

Well compare flux/dps
Range
And usually just whatever is availible

That unstable photon cannon from Neutrino is fun

Laggy though

Yeah, I've heard how powerful they were so I tried out 4 on my Panda. Fired off about three rounds and said NOPE!
Basically the gun produces like two dozen rounds, with each round spawning dozens debris shit as well

I'd like that weapon a lot more if it had more sustainability. As it is now, it doesn't feel like you can do much before you run out of shots.

Have you guys experimented with fucking around with ship's FPs? I wonder if slashing everything across the board will double the number of ships fleets field or something, that could be cool.

FP is how the the AI calcs the power of a ship
DP is how many ships you can field at once and it is better to just up the battle size in the options menu instead of fucking with the ship stats.

FPs are also used by the code to make fleet compositions iirc.

And also how the AI judges to pounce on your ass or to run away with its tail between its legs

>Think I can fight this giant scavenger fleet because its all shuttles/freighters
>oops missed like 15 destroyers when I was counting their ships

~____~

bump

DONG WHEN

>Encounter fleet
>Pirate armada
>Fuckyes.png
>Intercept their fleet, They've got more ships
>my fleet composes of 15 or so Astrals
>Talons Everywhere
>Hostile fleet is destroyed in less than two minutes.

DONG NEVER :&(

You see, it is technically ready, however the author found a rogue pixel, but he decided he liked it, so he remade the entire artstyle of every ship.
However, once finished, he found ANOTHER rogue pixel, and this one looked so much better than the one before, so he's remaking the entire artstyle again.
When he'll be finished with the new makeover, he'll find YET ANOTHER ROGUE PIXEL and he'll like it so much that...

>follow invasion fleet
>make it to destination
>help fight off response fleet
>capturing planet...
>fails to capture planet, fucks off
>now surrounded by angry fleets
I don't know what I was expecting, but it was more than them bringing two marines to capture a planet.

Dong is entering fairytail status, from the sound of it

Fairytail (animu) or fairy tale (folk stuff)?

Folk stuff

>Apogee
'member when it had the extra range?

The hell is JVM heap and why am I getting warnings about it?

Allocate more ram

That means you are playing on slav computer. Restart your pc and hope it won't show again.

Long long ago there lived an user who loved to play. He lived close to MesoTroniK and he used to stare at the lovely Dong that hung there.
"How juicy it looks. Oh I am sure this melts in the mouth when you have it. If only I could reach it".
One sunny day, the fox woke up and saw the Dong glistening by the sunlight. The mod forum looked heavenly and the Dong looked so luscious that the famished user could no longer control himself. He jumped to reach it but fell down.
He jumped again. No, it was much higher.
He jumped even more. But it was still out of reach.
He jumped and stretched and hopped but to no avail. That yummy Dong hung higher than the user could reach. No matter how hard he tried, user could not reach the Dong. He panted and began to sweat out of exhaustion.
Giving up finally, he looked up in contempt and said as he walked away, "That Dong surely must be sour. I wouldn't play it even if it was served to me by MesoTroniK himself."

I'm sure I got this right

>fox
fug, I had one job

There once we're anons
who hoped for Dong in vain.
Do you want me to tell you
this story again?

That can be ~this~ version if you really want it to be.

I love encores

>dat filename
If I delete ammo count, do I also delete system 32?

Wrong post.

What are some nice builds for Eagles and Falcons that aren't just boring ass beam boats? Seems like that's all they can do with those stats they have.

SO

>not giving the torpedoes reloads too
Cmon, put your heart into it.

Flamers and SO

bump

Welp, It was a fun month, good game, and cool general. I'll check in a month or two if Alex made a new version. Godspeed anons.

Flamers suck because they can't hit most frigates

>month or two
>new version
user...

Aim where they will be no where they are.

Use fighters to kill frigates for you or some other ships

That just means you're not going fast enough.

N-no! It can't end like this! DONG still needs time to expand!

LAST PAGE BE GONE!

post ideal fits

ded

Page 11 begone!

Yeah, gotta wait until the next Alex epoch

Nomad ships kinda suck ass

All kind of seem all bland though flux efficient ships/weapons. Anyone found the oasis yet?

I really wish ORA had another capital, or just some more weapons. That one they have now seems underwhelming.

shhh, its better if he doesn't know.

Haven't gotten around to ORA yet, still toddling around with a Diable run. Didn't seem to bad from what I saw from the tournament.

this

Sadly they are doing worse now since the update to .8
Which sucks due to that they were great before

GIVE ME THE DOOOOONG

The Enlightenment is slow as balls, and has a pretty hard time actually killing shit with ORA weapons in my experience. The Invocation Launcher pushes whatever you're firing at out of range of your weapons, and it's too slow to use the Sempiternal Repeater effectively as well.
Could just be I'm just shit though, if somebody wants to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Even time someone asks, Meso delays it a week.

Jokes on you. Everyone asking about the update is Meso, he needs more time

Can't decide what to make my next Nex campaign.
1-2 ORA
3-4 Imperium
5-6 Shadowyards
7-8 Hegemony
9-0 NGO

Maybe I'll put Diable on hold and try ORA. What's their strengths? Beams?

>cruiser with 1 fighter slot
>REFUSES TO GO ATTACK SHIPS NORMALLY BECAUSE "HURR IM A CARRIER"