>share big slides
>discuss winter driving techniques

No warm climate fags allowed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=STaximkaQxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pic unrelated?

>snow
Well, that will happen in roughly 12 hours from now where I live...

I can't wait. Granted, I'd like to live in a rust free state but I will make the most of the weather for the time being. Snow doriftu in an abandon parking lot is heaven

Sucks for you. I'm already doing handbrake slides and going sideways in big empty parking lots. At least you'll have something to look forward to, right user?

>I'm already doing handbrake slides and going sideways in big empty parking lots
I already did that as well, the recent snow just melted and tomorrow in the morning there will be new snow.

>Be in SW Ontario
>Be 10C outside today
>Forecast shows no snow on long range
Fuck.

The winter really makes me miss my awd matrix. So much fun to throw around in the snow.

Still waiting for the first of this winters 6 feet/2 meters in four days-snow

no big snow yet this year. due any day now, i hope

>technique

Good snow tires, AWD in deep snow, and drive slow.....Take your time. I like to keep at least 4 or 5 car lengths just in town. On the highway 10+

5 mins faster to work isn't worth fucking up your car or getting killed.

it literally started right now where i am

>first time driving a rwd car in fresh powdery snow
>give it a bit more to go uphill
>slide
>snake left and right
>decide to stop fucking around and hit the brakes
>wait sideways like a turd for another car to go buy so that i can straighten the car

It could have been worse.
At the first sight of snow i am going out to practice in case something like this happens again.

>always around 0 degrees
>never snow
>not even raining
germany what the fuck?

...sure am glad i put the wipers up

>tfw mountain passes everywhere around me
>tfw literally no empty parking lots big enough to practice drifting

God damn ice busting up my wheel and suspension

Ah yes... the ice

I hate it when the ice just goes out of its way to fuck up your car

i went back the next day to retrieve my hubcab but lost the ring it must have fallen off during driving home im still pissed about

You driving like an idiot is what busted your wheel. Protip, when there's ice and snow on the road, slow down.

henlo mighty bens dont mind if i shitpost in your thread?

shut up i was trying to do handbrake drifts but forgot to pull the thing.

>my thread
I was not aware that I had ownership of the thread, this board or this chan.
Carry on

And wait, what would have changed if you pulled the handbrake? I don't think pulling the handbrake would negate that horrendous understeer

And why the FUCK do you have a wine cork plugging up a hole?

how many times more do i have to explain my automated pcv redirect for underbody oilings

3/5

And here I was, thinking that /k/ was the magical place...

hose ends here
4/5

Just mounted up my winter tires and wheels last night, now my car drives and looks like ass. Felt the tires sliding and the sidewalls folding this morning while exiting the freeway at 40mph on an exit ramp I usually take at 60+mph.
Feelsbadman.jpg

no wonder you absolute fucking morons say you need "winter tyres" (which is a fucking meme and waste of money btw)
looks like a residential road where you shouldt even be driving that fast with normal tyres.

>call yourself an automotive enthusiaist
>break the law instead of going to a track

Even solid winter tires (which he may have had) wouldnt make that not understeer. If so I am buying a set of those tires right now

God damned meme I tell ya.
youtube.com/watch?v=STaximkaQxo

holy guacamole that doesn't look good at all

looks like we have a warm climate fag here.

Lmao you should have gone wayyyy slower into the turn. On ice you power over slide you don't try and drift into the turn.

From Christmastime last year - no snows yet this year

My winter technique is floor it into the garage and wait 6 months until spring because one season of driving and the rust monster will get me.

I'll have you know that they can get an inch and a half of snow MULTIPLE times per year! And each time he makes it back with no issue. All he has to do is go really slow, drive in the pre-driven tracks or after the plow and then get off the street and halfway up to his garage before starting to slide backwards

Fucking snowfags BTFO.

comfy af.

lick it

Syracuse here waiting for my 120+ inches. Winter rat in garage still getting overhauled for another season of abuse.
List of mods:
Brake service turned rotors new pads
Brand new soccer mom take off snow tires
New cv shaft
New diff oils
Change engine oil
Touch up undercoat and bedliner on rust
All new brake and fuel lines
Re weld broken wye pipe for 10th time
2001 2dr blazer btw

why own 2 MR2's?!
I get that they're both nice cars and they each have their own advantages but still. 2 seems redundant.
Also: nice to keep them so clean.

Too much salt on the road desu senpai