/ink/ - Splatoon General

The Direct
youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE

Previous thread: Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Japanese Rock vs Pop Splatfest has officially ended, Rock beat Pop with a 2-1 victory!
- US/EU cake vs ice cream Splatfest has officially ended, ice cream beat cake with a 2-1 victory!
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

- discord.gg/bPfxAVs

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13451803
twitter.com/wagon_Tzelda/status/886275081734725632/video/1
youtube.com/watch?v=5Ygv5kp9044
youtube.com/watch?v=vjc0CNXg1kQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sex with Marina, sex with Marina !

Remove waifufags

Good splatfest, Team Cake. You're all right.

Did you see or do any squidbagging during the Splatfest, /ink/?

strawpoll.me/13451803

Sex with Pearl, sex with Pearl !

-rainy

Which one is it?

Some kid name jordan squidbagged me, proceeded to slap his shit 3 times in very humiliating ways

You too. Can't wait for the next one!

The yes option doesnt make sense. Its the same shit.

Reminder that it's pointless to get mad at your opposing splatfest team, because you'll almost certainly be on the same side as some of them in another splatfest.

I did it but the controls just seem all kinds of crazy plus I discovered my controls weren't calibrated post-fest

It's pretty pointless to repeat myself. But I will because it really disappoints me and has been my biggest disappointment with Splatoon so far.

I absolutely hate that they merged the European and American splatfest results. I hate it.

>Not including the Euro results in the OP.
You had one job.

But that's US, EU was 76% cream

twitter.com/wagon_Tzelda/status/886275081734725632/video/1

What do you guys thinks would be the best possible set for the Octobrush?

burst bomb
baller, but don't know how it will play, so maybe something else

Is that Callie trying to call out for help?

It not US, its a fake image. 51 + 89 =! 100

Technically it was just a testfire, not a real splatfest.
I doubt they'll merge results again.

Kraken with mini krakens for the subweapon

That's Permanent Inkbrush already.

maybe EU will even get its own localization with the real game

Did they just throw all the specials out of the window?

And yet again, N-Zap 85 is a strictly better version of Splattershot Jr.

no, tower control still exists

Yes. They've announced a few times all specials will be new, none of the old ones should be recycled.

Yes they nerf all the specials. Splatoon2 special are more skill dependent.

>Some people got the game already
Hurry up and spoil the story for me

>N-zap with nu-bubble
Hng

I'd say they require support from your teammates to do anything. For example, Tenta Missiles are pretty weak unless you use them to put your enemy into territory where your teammates are waiting for them.

Squid what?

Why burst bomb? It wouldn't really combo in the same way that it did with carbon

As much as it was great for brushes, I will not miss kraken for a second

I honestly think that the set in is really good for the brush. Autobombs offer a ranged kill/pressure option, and can flush people out into flanks with the homing. And the Inkjet offers range and more vertical maneuverability

Just stopping by to say ice cream and marina are best food and girl.

Better luck next time pearlfags

Callie kills both pearl and marina since they both were octolings and take over as the new idols.

First time playing, the normal weapon is my favorite so far, is it actually good?
I sucked at using the special though, and kept getting killed in the air

Not him but I would also like burst bombs on Octo. They're just the best for mobility.

The explosions in Spla2n are really mediocre, inklings barely splat and the missile launcher just splurts

As that skulls special going to be good? This is basically them just nerfing the bubble in the first one. But only being able to take one hit before it wears off? I dont know if that would be good or not. Maybe up against really good charger opponents? Anything else and it would just be useless since it usually takes more than one hit to kill you.

Is the aerospray going to get the buff it rightfully deserved ever since the first game was released?

It would help climb walls faster, but I feel like I would rather have splatbombs or something. Nouveau's set was great, imo. Got to S with it. the only think that could've made it better would have been adding kraken to it for that TC and RM cheese

the rainmaker explosion looks pretty good

Callie becomes a genetically deformed octoling, with a meat arm similar to edgy mercer

I just love being able to instantly create an area I can swim in. Pair that with Ink Res and Swim Speed Up and it's great for closing distance or getting away.

And bombs just sploot and inkjets just splut!!

Greetings from /ic/

burst bombs are better for mobility and range

Are you alright with constructive criticism?

I know this isnt much good, but shoot.

it fucking sucks

nah I'm memeing, it's cute

Eh, I never really had a problem with mobility as a brush. And other subs gave me the range I wanted with more kill power. To each their own, I guess

Fucking thank you user

>tfw you win in a midair inkjet duel

are her pants are turning on and off again?

>all these people playing early

ITS NOT FAIR

it's a feature

I thought it was an octopusibility

Not really. It works the same way as Wail, except it inks, leads to less predictable results and that can't be used to lock up places in advance, only force people out if they're already in. Jet is pretty self-sufficient, literally a moon jump Range Blaster, Stingray needs your team to protect you but that's about it, Storm is a less convenient and less damaging Inkstrike, Splashdown, Baller and Armor are self-explainatory.

How you get this?

How are u all playing early??

Direct

My dad works for nintendo.

What buff? It needs no buff, in fact it even got nerfed when Picks came out by making it ink less when jumping. It's THE best unsafe inker in the game, simply because its ridiculous slipperiness makes it almost safe, all three kits synergize very well with it (yes, even RG), and its splat is really forgiving.

>tfw you win against inkjet squid with a dualies
I love dodging the those shits and killing them while they act all high and mighty.

Because it's the worst weapon the game where the only chance you have at spaltting someone is if they are completely unaware of your presences, and even if you get the drop on someone, if they have any reflexes, it will end in a mutual splatting because of how low the Aerospray's damage output is.

It needs a buff badly so you're not just a free kill running around on the field.

I'm watching a vid with some guy claiming the Slosher is buffed. I'm watching the invitational and whilst it's good I'm not seeing it do anything it couldn't in Splatoon

So anyone else looking forward to the end of zombie meta?

The bomb launcher kind of looks like a better and more elaborate bomb rush though.
I hope that it feels similar but has more uses. I always really liked the bomb rushes.

Man, the worst main weapon is Jr, closely followed by Sploosh and Inkbrush. Aero has redeeming qualities in its ridiculous ability to create a ton of ink out of thin air and overall having ink output so massive you can just swipe across and still get solid coverage, plus its frequently occuring 4-hit is almost as fast as Sploosh's. Whereas Junior is a worse Nzap, which in itself is a worse Splash with its only redeeming quality being run speed that Jr doesn't get, and Sploosh has utterly amputated range and total inability to ink and get closer as a result, plus it has shit kits unlike the other two cuddleguns.

For real tho, I see a ton of people here and elsewhere posting about it.

There was a demo splatfest yesterday if you are talking about that.

Any of those can kill an aerosrpay because it's 5 hit weapon (4 is a lie.) and you also fail to take into account the wide spread which is great for inking turf, but terrible for a fight so that leaves a window for the enemy to splat you and you can do piss all.

Aeropsray is only goof for inking turf, it's awful at everything else and deserves a buff.

The real question is if anyone on ice cream had any squid parties with each other during mirror hell.

They haven't said "Bam!"/"Buh-Blam!" yet so that's just a freeze frame of the spinning numbers.

That's adorable

Eh, a new meta will emerge in Splatoon 2 and /ink/ will endlessly bitch about that instead.

I got squidbagged once

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ygv5kp9044

Sweet fucking christ, it's like every time I hear a new song from this game it's my new favorite. Toru Minegishi is knocking it out of the fucking park in this game god damn. Makes me really curious to hear what the single player has to offer when I get the game.
Is anyone else as impressed with the music as me? It seems way more polished and high-quality than the first game's soundtrack, amazingly enough. Didn't expect it to be this much of an improvement but damn it's good.

Aero's 5-hit is literally just one frame slower than Jr, Splash and Zap's 4-hit. One measily frame for vastly better turfing ability and mobility than any of them sounds like a nice deal. Yes, accuracy is trash, but if you make it accurate you get Splash, abd Splash doesn't ink nearly as well, so just get close- or, if facing a Carbon, yiu can abuse the guranteed 50% hit rate at max range that is hard-coded into it (yes, it is a thing)

It's not even that great at painting, because any weapon with more range(read:most of them) can kill it safely from a distance and stop that painting.

respawn punisher will be the new meta

Ebb & Flow, Endolphin Surge, Don't Slip, and Acid Hues are legit god tier songs that have no right being all in the same game. The songs I didn't mention are still fucking amazing too.

Also Off the Hook > Squid Sisters

That's like saying Carbon is useless because any long-ranged weapon can kill it, but that's not the case, and Aero is considerably more sneaky and slippery than Carbon. Though indeed, that fact limits its usability, Dual Squelcher and Mini Splatling are still best inkers in the game overall- but these splat worse, Zimi being an exception as it's a dirty cheater.

ink resistance will be meta for a while and newbies will likely go for ninja squid

One of the splatfest maps had some great music. Even though I sucked shit I could always feel a bit better because we were jamming to a sweet song.

This is really good. I love the little Callie samples that are dabbled around the song and then you hear the Octoling sound coming through. It's like Callie is calling out to you

youtube.com/watch?v=vjc0CNXg1kQ

Gotta admit, I dont really like Ebb&Flow that much, sucks to be me cause its main splatfest battle theme.

Also no.

We get it, niggers love ice cream.

It's been a really hot summer.

It's shit, because it makes you respawn slower too.

git gud and don't die