/parag/ - Paragon General

/ourboy/ edition

FAQ:
pastebin.com/0S9SiFtH

Latest News & Patch Notes:
epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news
Also worth checking out the community corner videos on the Paragon Youtube channel
youtube.com/channel/UCfKNiPIbwAnl8eRZq6ZsJIA/

Complete card system rework, finished Monolith artwork, and gameplay overhauls coming August 8th in v42
epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/the-next-big-update

New hero - Zinx releasing July 18th
epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/new-hero-reveal-zinx
youtube.com/watch?v=nAj9QONpPGA

Latest Released Hero - Wraith
epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/heroes/wraith
youtube.com/watch?v=hiaWQy-JBhA

2nd Latest Released Hero - Wukong
epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/heroes/wukong
youtube.com/watch?v=CZj1wBYo1T8

MMR Tracking (community) & Other Information:
agora.gg/
paragon.gg/

More Hero Build Info:
paragondb.info/calc
paragon.wikia.com/wiki/Paragon_Wiki

User IDs: pastebin.com/tMqksTK4

/parag/ OC:
pastebin.com/ZaedWcma
i.imgur.com/FdxOJhs.png

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

epicgames.com/paragon/deckbuilder/en-US/decks/DawgOfTheSea/c9b9a7b8-726b-4b04-8e74-05ae9f8caf3c
youtu.be/TWmaQe8Zw3k
reddit.com/r/paragon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for best girl

Good edition.

I mean, she'd tear your dick off in some eldritch voodoo ritual, but sure.

Time to start practising Belica in anticipation of the furbait that's guaranteed to show up in 100% of games for the next few weeks. Any protips, /parag/?

►Mid
►try to use you basic more until you get bomb to lvl 3 as the mana return early is shit
►order should be Drone,seismic,bomb, Drone,ult
►Throw your drone behind enemies and minions so they can't just kill it instantly

Always be on the lookout for low mana heroes, you can usually delete out of mana casters with even more than half health just by using your ult

Your Q, RMB combo deals serious damage and is a great setup for finishing somebody with ult

Your drone is a great tool, but learn to place it well, preferably somewhere slightly on the side or in the back of the fight, so that it won't be instantly noticed and destroyed. Also you can place it during the laning phase to prevent your opponent from using abilities or pretty much whenever you feel threatened.

It's also a good idea to place the drone when besieging a tower/inhib, this will make pushing the minions back much harder for the enemy, at least of they're ability dependant

Tanky melee heroes with no big mana dependency can fuck your shit up, so watch out for them.

Good stuff, thanks lads.

Anyone else getting some weird lag all of a sudden? Towers and heroes just disappear with no noise when they're destroyed/ killed, that kind of thing.

its been like that for months for me ebins servers are shit

Bizarre. Wonder why it's only showing up on my end now?

guy who had a grim support in one of my games here im now offlaning against a phase khaimera duo. what the fuck has happened to plat

We can all agree Iggy and Kallari are the worst characters in the game right?

>Iggy
Thanks for the free experience faggot!

>Kallari
Thanks for the free kills faggot!

Also Shinbi is shit and needs a buff cause I like to play as her.

Heres my /ourboy/ build. Im a low diamond player if that adds any merit. If you use it you are required to reply with either a pic of mommy or a thicc girl
epicgames.com/paragon/deckbuilder/en-US/decks/DawgOfTheSea/c9b9a7b8-726b-4b04-8e74-05ae9f8caf3c

end game cards:
Stab link, thickblood, Sages Ward, Tempered plate
10 point radiant mantle or 10 point adamant Edge
14 point thermobond or 14 point tuned barrier

In fact imo

Great tier
Phase
Howitzer
Lt. Belica
Khaimera
Greystone
Sparrow
Serath
Gadget

Good/average tier
Grux
Murdock
Aurora
Gideon
Feng Mao
Morigesh
Fey
Nabash
Steel
Rampage

Shit tier
Shinbi
Yin
Riktor
Muriel
Crunch

Beyond shit tier
Kallari
Iggy
Kwang

Forgotten
Anyone else

Khaimera is definitely too high and Kwang is bait. Also Sev should be in Great. Otherwise fairly accurate

>Also Shinbi is shit and needs a buff

>hero with the worst possible design, even worse than Phase
>ugliest female hero in the game, even uglier than Phase
>shittiest design i've ever seen
>needs a buff
She needs to be removed from the game. And she can take her Phase with her when she leaves.

Worst Moba heroe designs i've ever seen.

It's not the worst off-meta shit I've ever heard of, but it's pretty strange.

You haven't met a good Kallari yet, man: she's for isolating targets and bursting them down, but most people try to play her as just another melee with purple buff.

>Thinking Kwang is good at all

Stop this meme

>tfw you realise that your post accidentally rhymes

Khai is only good because of Phase, Sparrow is my bushbae but she's Phase boosted too. Gadget isn't that good, Grux is too low, Aurora and Steel are way too fucking high they're awful. Shinbi is actually good, and Kwang is bait because you're a retarded anime shitposter

Explain to a silver shitter why dual carry Yin offlane isn't viable when her E lets her get last hits safely and with a bit of farm lets her melt minions and heroes without being out of position

because mommy is better than yin at literally everything but waveclear and the tower falls within 8 minutes no matter what so if you want dual carry pick her

Because Offlane is traditionally for rounding out your team with someone more durable, which is especially important if your jungler is an idiot as is so often the case.

>Greystone, Khaimera, Gadget in great
>Grux in average
>Kwang in beyond shit
>forgetting FUCKING REVENANT and TB
You've been playing this game for a grand total of 2 hours and are in bronze.

your randomswitching between thermo and tb is giving me an autism

That seems...excessive

grey with tainted and radient is broken as fuck dude he's top 5 in the game right now

It gives me autism too, that's why I can't wait for the card rework
I don't like having to give up some of my early game cards that'll help curve my build for situational high cost cards

OK so change my question to why dual carry Serath isn't viable

That's not fair he's literally a worse kwang in every way, I know you'd put Kwang top 5 but that doesn't mean grey gets a spot there too

if you mean in high level games its because you have no frontline outside your jungler and running a melee carry in those games is bad already because people actually get focused properly.
if you mean in pubs then its perfectly viable and i would say mommy is currently one of the better offlaners in the game

bait
>Khaimera
>great
confirmed silver, he's only ever good above silver when there's a Phase or he stomps early to get ahead
>Sparrow
she's a late-game adc who's very good with Phase but has a weak early start
>Kallari
>Beyond shit
She's very cheeky, way better than a lot of the heroes you put above her
>Kwang
>Beyond shit
bait list

hes not worse than kwang though, kwang just has CC, grey is better at everything else its just that CC is really really fucking important in this game

I don't know if you could consider there to be high lvl games in Paragon. The people here in diamond are pretty fucking awful its like there's no diff between it and low plat. People are just more angry and quicker to tilt. I un ironically just lost a game with offlane Khai and support Greystone.

Unless you meant in tourneys or whatever cause I haven't seen those shits. Not the guy youre responding to BTW.

>he's literally a worse Kwang
except him and Kwang don't function the same way, Greystone is a more selfish pick since he won't be giving anything to the team but tank/damage. On the other hand, Kwang has cc, high burst damage/tank, passive lifesteal for himself and allies.

have you just not played grey with a tainted/radient combo? you can build full tank dive 5 people push Q and live for 20 seconds while you shave 30% minimum of everyones HP while your team just picks them off at their leisure, grey got a massive fucking buff when they changed his passive, he's the only character in the game besides a 60cxp sev who can legit tank a carry. kwangs got good burst and CC yeah but that 2.5 lifesteal to his team doesnt have shit on what grey can do

by high level i just mean people who realize "hey that Yin just dived us focus her and not the grux who's 1/4th hp and just blew all his abilities" not any specific thing. i dont watch the tourneys either and like you said this game has way too many shitters at all levels to say anything is really high level

What are we going to do with all of our deck slots when the update drops? From what I hear, decks are going to be universally open to every hero, so I don't think I'll need nearly as many.
>jungling/ offlaning? I'll just take my Growth-Death bruiser deck

honestly its a direction they had to go, they couldn't really expect people to have 60+ decks for every hero and then have specific builds for certain ones on top of that

Yes, I've been playing Greystone since release and play him frequently. I have a Tainted/Radiant, full tank build that's unstoppable but he doesn't offer much besides being a mega tank with dot damage. Kwang's passive lifesteal is 10 for teammates and if a carry is already building around 10 to 20 lifesteal, your giving your carry 20+ lifesteal and the rest of your team. He has his tether to disrupt, engage enemies and higher burst damage in his kit so he doesn't have to spend an hour sticking to a target.I'm not saying he's a bad pick but you're being autistic and acting like he's a must-have god pick.

>Shinbi
>ugly

I can accept that she's weak af but everytime I play with her I get boners just looking at that tight ass

i just said he was top 5 no one in this game is a must have pick besides phase, everyone else is actually pretty well balanced after they fixed rev and morg.

Why is narbash the best support? His healing and support as well as CC is way better than phase, and he can even shut down ultimates like gideon or howitzer, along with the teamwide heal rather than the one person heal phase has, he is a great initiator as well as ganker and chaser with his March ability.

Give me a better support

you can't

shut up cam we know its you. fix your little tumblr thot waifu so the game can be good again

Darn! You got me again, user!

We'll make sure to include a global teamwide heal for phase soon to "phase" any other support out of the game!

release that skin idea from the last thread of mommy wearing only an apron and you can do whatever you want cam-my-senpai

Nope! Sorry user, we can't allow the women to have lewd skins.

We can, however, include a few banana hammock skins for characters like steel, rampage, khaimera, /ourboy/ (lol, I like that for Kwang), Greystone, and more, but only male characters because ebin said so.

>Cam post
>because ebin said so
Hold on... WHO is Ebin?

That's a trade secret, user.

I am, however, cambot

The AI that browses every single /parag/ thread and I route everything to ebin, which he responds to in kind, I exist to streamline the process of telling the fans of ebin's game how he's gonna ruin it!

tell him to keep the general alive

Good night, /parag/.

Lets do this correctly.

Literally required or you are going to lose tier:
Phase

Meta tier:
TB
Rev
Sparrow(phased)
Belica
Sev

Good tier:
Howie
Grux
Greystone
Kwang
Khai(phased)
Sparrow(not phased)

Mediocre tier:
Dekker
Morigesh
Feng Mao
Serath(sorry, mommy)
Yin
Murdoc

"Off-Meta" picks I don't insta-dodge tier:
Gadget
Narbash
Steel
Countess
Rampage*

Trash that can work in wood elo tier:
Fey
Riktor
Muriel
Crunch
Khai(not phased)
Gideon**

Fucking Splitpush tier:
Wukong

"Off-Meta" picks I do insta-dodge tier:
Kallari
Aurora
Shinbi

Literal Comedy tier:
Iggy
Grim.exe

~Bad but knock knock is fucking broken right now tier:
Wraith

*If you can manage a game without the enemy having anti-heal, rampage is actually pretty good. Maybe mediocre/good tier.
**I don't know the consensus on his ult change so he may be non-dodge/mediocre tier

>b-b-but
discuss

The first submission for the art competition is up on Le Reddit. The rendering is okay, but I don't think that it really captures the effect of "growing strength" very clearly.

Dekker, Narbash and Aurora do what they do pretty well, but the rework is about to drop Aurora into unusable territory. Iggy can hold and push lanes, but that's it.

Isn't Howitzer considered the best Midlaner?

Or did that changed?

I might have been a bit too critical of narbash. He just really gets put in the shadow of queen cunt.
He has great poke and some good cc but I don't believe him to be the best midlaner. Belica just offers more raw damage, comparable cc, and her draining utility will be especially useful when Furry bitch arrives. Howie can still be incredibly effective in coordinated environments due to his ult's combo potential but I would hazard to guess with phase taking over dekker's spot he has lost a lot of potential.

>its a lost the match on the draft screen because the enemy team picked phase and we didn't game
boy i am sure am glad this character has received 0 nerfs of any impact for 2 months now she adds so much fun and enjoyment to the game

Keep her bumped through the night, yanks.

Well, she did get nerfed a little, for all the difference it made. She might be slightly less OP in a couple of weeks, but I somehow doubt it: her kit needs to be gutted and rebuilt.

Bump

gideons ult is insane now if he hits a good one. if you dont have a stun to get out of it or your carry can't 2 shot him its a wipe ability.

So since I'm trying to learn about this game before I hop into it I can only assume that this video's assessment of Phase is correct.
youtu.be/TWmaQe8Zw3k

>week after week they continue to ignore phase being cancer
>yin completely deletes any adc with a lanewide aoe bullshit counter ability
Done with paragon for now. It will probably be dead when I come back to it in a month.

yeah

Damn that sounds like a fucking headache to deal with. Sorry for all you old lads who've had to deal with that bullshit for a while now.

No headache when you only play coop vs bots

Well hopefully we only have to put up with it until aug 8, if you're interested in the game I suggest going ahead and downloading it and just waiting for the big Aug 8 update

You do no want to play it right now with that bitch or the new one for 6 weeks

is it wrong of me to keep playing countess even though im terrible with her, just because i love to look at her ass the whole game

The patrician choice for any game.
Thanks for the tip. I figured she was bad but if she's game-breaking then I can wait till the 8th.

ATTN: cam or lurking intern
if epic want to mash together affinities for every hero they should run a 2/3 month season with some kind of story and force 2 affinities on a hero to do with their alignment.
Then switch affinities each season depending on how story progresses and alliances change.
Pretty much how mtg changed garruk from green to black after story progression

don't follow that.
You need to climb out of noob elo eventually might as well do it now. Phase being op doesn't mean people in silver know how to play her right.
pro tip: not getting your daily logins to unlock hero batches is what will fuck you over not phase

yeah like said you're just screwing yourself by waiting. now is probably the best time to start playing you dont have to worry about learning the card system and can just unlock the heros and find ones you like to play

That sounds really awesome to bad that would never happen.

mommy bump before bed

Be honest how many folk here faced a good shinbi?
I flip between gold and plat and my team got raped by a shinbi off lane

contrary to popular belief shinbi is actually pretty good when played well and generally earns her own kills.
Problem with her Is shes excels in off lane but shes not a team fight initiator. Yes she can team fight by picking someone off but she cant start the fight. so she can only function if your jung is sev, kwang, or crunch. Because offlane is usually where the initiators are.

theres a dude in /parag/ that puts in some real work with her.

Been considering looking into this game for awhile now. Have experience with a bit of wc3 dota and then almost the entirety of 2010 to 2015 and then played hots from then until recently.
Does any of that transfer over(was plat in league and was always just below masters in hots) because the gameplay ive seen kinda looks like vindictus in a moba map

that my stats with her. Funny enough that pic is ment to represent that no matter how well i do with her i can't actually carry the match.
i dropped from plat to like mid gold because its just a coin toss between bad or good team m8s

you need technical skill for ADCs and range characters because most things are skill shots.
if you can't aim you will lose engagements

wait a month because Aug 8th theres a patch thats basically gunna change the entire game.

bum[

Why the FUCK don't Revenant's skins change the color of his reload and shots?

>I was complete garbage at dota/lol/hots/sc2 but doing good in paragon.
Mix of knowing the moba basics already + good enough at fps to start plat every ranked season in overwatch before I quit.
Being able to push advantages and actually look at the minimap once every 5mins will already make you better than 90%.

I'm just pissed his Chrono Boss skin is just a recolour: got all excited to have it drop, but it's just the same skin in a gaudy colour.

Would be great, but unfortunately Ebin doesn't give a fuck about proper lore, let alone story.
To be homest I'm not sure if I like the idea of choosing affinities, I would like some cards to still not be available for every character. How about making a couple of unique cards for each hero, which can be used by him/her only? They would be epic quantity rare and offer unique passives/actives complementing the playstyle of a hero or boosting/changing effect of some of his abilities. And also a fitting artwork. To not make them overpowered and meta required they could be really expensive and offering lackluster stat bonuses

That's a pretty interesting idea, user. The Paragon Leddit often has a "what would you like to see in paragon" thing going, and Epic seem to take those chucklefucks seriously for some reason. Maybe make an account and see if you can get one of the rep's that hang out there to notice it.

WHAT THE FUCK IS A BR DOING ON OCE SERVERS.
>typical no chat in draft
>not even selecting a lane
>fucks up whole team comp
>goes left lane with greystone to fuck it up some more
>support solos right lane vs wukong early game
FUCK YOU 1/7 WRAITH FUCK YOU
na keep your br players to yourself pls. worst game I ever had in paragon

Are you seriously trying to convince me to start going on leddit?
Eh, worst thing is, if we want to save this game we'll probably have to start doing it

If you'd like to see more of her you can find her best work on Evil Angel and Reality Kings

I thought I was the only OCE poster in here.

I check the Paragon Reddit because the devs post there and that's where you go for news. Don't have an account myself, nor do I intend on creating one, but it's basically the only game in town for Paragon right now.

>>ugliest female hero in the game, even uglier than Phase

link?

I'm trying to remember all the scrapped passives for older heroes, can somebody who's been also playing since early access help me out? What I've got so far:
>Dekker:
Whenever she used an ability, some percentage of its mana cost was given to all nearby teammates
>Feng Mao:
He got short lasting stacks of offensive bonuses for using his shield and defensive ones for using his auto or something like that, don't remember how it exactly worked
>Gadget:
Don't remember
>Gideon:
I think he got a small bonus to energy penetration, but I'm not sure
>Grim:
Don't remember
>Grux:
Don't remember
>Howitzer:
Getting kills and assists shortened his active cooldowns
>Iggy & Scorch:
Don't remember, but something with damage over time I think
>Kallari:
Granted a vision of all enemies below 25% health for the whole team
>Murdock:
Don't remember
>Muriel:
Don't remember
>Rampage:
Don't remember. something with health regen I think?
>Riktor:
Don't remember
>Sevarog:
Don't remember, wasn't it just a passive part of his siphon?
>Sparrow:
Got bonus damage when attacking the same enemy in a row
>Steel:
Got increased CC protection with more allies nearby
>Twinblast:
Using offensive abilities on enemies marked them, increasing damage against them

reddit.com/r/paragon/
There are a couple there now. I've got 1bout 18 hours to finish up mine, but I don't know if it's going to be happening.