JOHN CENA IS GETTING SUED BY FORD

According to the suit, Cena did tell the company he sold the car - along with other property - for financial reasons. Ford is looking for Cena to return profits from the sale along with other damages. The WWE Superstar is currently promoting the animated movie, Ferdinand, in Dubai after doing promotional work in Australia, earlier this week.

wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/1130/634569/john-cena-reportedly-sued-by-ford/

Other urls found in this thread:

justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-1854-copyright-infringement-first-sale-doctrine
youtu.be/GbbNlkP-ZSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Contractually obligating buyers to keep a supercar because of "brand ambassador and brand reputation" is Ferrari levels of douchebaggery.

I think the only legal action they could take is if they had a buyback arrangement built into their douchey brand loyalty contract as well.

They're suing him for the profit he made reselling it, when he probably saw that first maintenance bill and said fuck that and tried to make his money back.

Love to see how this'll turn out

>Contractually obligating buyers to keep a supercar because of "brand ambassador and brand reputation" is Ferrari levels of douchebaggery.
Don't like it, don't sign the contract, don't buy the car. Pretty simple stuff. The company I work for I can buy Lemon title buyback cars for very cheap, but I have to sign a contract that I won't turn it around within a year. Should I buy one, flip it, then complain it's not fair?

HUR HUR HUR

WHO WOULDA THOUGHT

FUCKING FORD

TOOK THE BEST CAR THEY EVER

FUCKING

MADE
THEN THEY KEKED IT WITH A V6 GAVE IT THE SAME NAME AND SUED THE OWNERS WHEN THEY TRY TO GET RID OF THE AWFUL POS

Have car companies always been this pretentious? Or is this a recent thing?

>paying heritage to the car which beat ferrari
>by becoming ferrari
Pottery

Only ferrari but since the ford gt is supposed to be a ferrari killer it needs to be speshul too

>I want rich people to buy all the cars and resell them for higher prices than when they bought them new

It's their property, and I'll never be able to afford them anyway. If companies are too retarded to predict what their supercars are actually gonna be worth in such a short time then that's their fault

>Ford is looking for Cena to return profits from the sale along with other damages.
Contracts don't matter; first sale doctrine does.

justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-1854-copyright-infringement-first-sale-doctrine

I work with his brother, hes got alot of cars.
Probably needed the room more than financial issues, but I don't know too much about John personally.
>Fuck Ferd

>Henry Ford II makes original GT because Enzo is a douche canoe
>Years later the Company is now engaging in Ferrari levels of shit with fucking contracts to buy a damn car and shit

Either die a hero or become the villain I guess.

Alternatively they could do what Porsche does and go 'Lol let's make more' like they were talking about with the 911 R.

>John Cena memes coming back
Thanks Ford.

I can't imagine this will actually hold up in court.

its not fair that the general populace gets shafted for no reason

John Cena is not the general populace. This kind of contact applies to maybe 1 in a million people. And again, he chose to sign it, no one forced him. Signing a contract is like making a promise, and a man who can't keep his promises is lower than shit.

yeah I really had higher expectations for his moral integrity, after all he is a roid-raging retard who beats people for a living

Who or what he is is irrelevant, it doesn't put him above the rules.

How in this situation is the general populace getting shafted? A company is trying to maintain an image with their car by preventing people buying them with the sole intention of reselling them at over dealer price. A B list celebrity is offered an opportunity to buy the car, with the stipulation he cannot resell it in a certain period of time. He signs a contract agreeing to this, then breaks the contract. Where is the general populace in this situation?

The flipping market is pretty ridiculous these days so manufacturers have to do this to ensure cars are sold to people who actually want the car

Granted, I'm underwhelm by the new Ford GT and it's ecoshart engine but it's pretty fucking fast.
Too bad it won't last for no more than 30,000 miles because of the engine.

He's automatically above the rules. He was invited to buy a new Ford GT when 99% of the rest of the population were not.

if they don't like it then just make more

You must be a Democrat

Youtubers flip cars all the time to get views.

you must be a libcuck

IIRC before they confirmed who would get one when they were taking orders for it, ford made any applicant for a ford GT write an essay explaining why they wanted one. It was partly because of the 05' Ford GT's that are all kept in a bubble as collectors items and not driven. Ford wanted people to actually drive the new GT so I think this is probably violating some part of the deal/application.

Thats right, goyim.
Reselling cars as the price rises is only for the Jewish executives!

Fucking imagine the shitstorm when some arab oil shiek decides to LS swap one.

they'll probably just wreck it pulling hektik skidz alongside some fucking V6 Camry

>selling your Ford

deserves it desu, imagine if it falls inot the hands of some GM cuck like this that LS swaps it

for shame

That's a sexy fucking 'Stang.

Ford knew what they were doing in the 60s and 70s.

It’s not that simple, I’d like to know how ford can claim they actually sold the car to him and at the same time claim that he does not have the right to sell his own property. Their second claim goes right to the heart of the first sale doctrine.

The only way they’d have a grievance is if he didn’t actually buy the car.

That's a good point, the lawyers of the largest auto manufacturer in the US probably didn't realize that like a random user on Veeky Forums did after casually considering it for 30 seconds

Mods rule 15

Or also do what Porsche does and blacklist them, i.e. "Oh you flipped a car, no more Porsche for you, we don't make trading cards" instead of "YOU SOLD TOO SOON LAWSUIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Isn't he a ford guy?

>Ford clearly says in contract "YOU CAN'T FLIP THIS CAR"
>John Cena flips it
Like it or not, Ford is entirely within their rights here. They made it quite explicit you can't buy a GT and flip it or put it under a bubble.

fuck off to your contaiment board

trash

Don't fucking reply to Alphonse.

You can't because CAFE standards and also usually these high performance cars have low profit margins, sometimes even losing money on each one.

Believe it or not, car companies want to see their cars used. Not to be just bought and put immediately in boomer bubbles or flipped around never to see the light of day. This flipping/collecting is ruining the market and hurts the reputation of the companies. Many already thought Ford was Jewing the shit out of the GT at $250k. If the Ford GT is unattainable at $500k it hurts them even worse.

This case could set a really bad legal precedent if it goes in ford's favor. Car companies could start making people sign contracts that force people to keep the car for a certain length of time before trading it in or selling it out right. We already have something similar with cellphones and I could see a lot of people would be more than willing to sign thier life away if it meant they could get the car cheap enough. I could also see a future were you have "locked" cars that could only be traded in at paricipating dealers and "unlocked" cars that you could trade in or sell anywhere.

he found out it had a v6 i bet

>Car companies could start making people sign contracts that force people to keep the car for a certain length of time before trading it in or selling it out right.

That's literally what Ford did with the GT you retard. That's why they are suing.

>looks under hood
>wait a minute, why are there only 6 exhaust pipes? aww fuck this gay shit
>ay richfriendguy, wanna buy a car?

>And then I told him it's an investment!

Can’t wait for ford to go out of business.
All they do is rip off other companies

>YOU CAN'T SUE ME

It isnt ticket scalping you faggot. These are 500k supercars.

>a man who refuses to adhere to garbage kike contracts is 'lower than shit'
lmao. muh freedums mo fugga, john cena will whoop the ass of any bitch ass debt collector coming to get money from him.

It happened with the recent civic type R.
It's the exact same strategy.

I believe part of the reason Ford stipulates the contract is so that people cant artificially restrict supply and jack up the price. If there is no profit to be made from flipping it, people who aren't actually interested in the car don't drive up demand

Good fuck ford.

Nobody wanted a GT to have a XJ220 tier turbo babby v6 instead of a glorious Flat Plane Crank 5.2

youtu.be/GbbNlkP-ZSM

He should sue them for calling a car with a v6 a super car lmao

This

everyone hated this back in the 90's when jag pulled this shit.

and Ford do it again, it sounds like POOO to boot.

this

The Type R is a different thing. Honda did not pre order the car, they handed them out to dealers like any other car they have. But manufactures have no control over the price, dealers have that power. So dealerships shot up the prices, because anything above msrp goes directly to them. The opposite can happen too like the new NSX. Dealers marked them up when in reality no one even cared for it at MSRP. The car was completely forgotten about and now can't sell $40k below MSRP.

Most, like you, take this out on the Brand. To counter this most have started to preorder the special car, work with dealers to make sure they don't turbo Jew, and vet these buyers to make sure they would represent what the car is all about, not flippers. This GT rollout has been horrible. Most of the buyers have been selling or going straight to the depths of Mr. Noseberg's nitrogen filled climate controlled garage.

>mfw NSX prices plummet when they enter the used market

>Man buy something
>Man own something
>Man sell something

Am I the only one who doesn't see a problem here?

fuck off baka

Isn't there a court lawsuit going on right now about this? Basically fighting for the clients right of ownership (from the brand, not collaterall from the bank) upon receiving the car.
Btw how long till Nissan give him a GTR Smackdown edition?

What would be the point. They're more complex yet slower than a Ferrari

>LAND
>OF
>THE
>FREE

He was free not to sign the contract that said not to sell the car for a certain time period

They'll be much more affordable than a Ferrari that's the point.

>A company can restrict the rights a person who gave them
>Corporate dicksucking ameritards will defend this

my mom is the cfo for ford and she says ur gay lol

How are rights restricted when they were terms he agreed to?

>Defending the schmuck who didn't want the car in the first place

>Implying this is bad thing
Weew lad

Just legal kikery at work user

>you don't actually own the software on the computer you are using to shitpost on Veeky Forums, you just purchased a license to use it.

welcome to reality

The GT was completely sold out before it was even announced. Are you that retarded?

>CAFE standards
Ford sells literally millions of cars every year, do you think even 1000 GTs would make dent in their fuel economy average?

breach of copyright
second hand goods are illegal goy

incredible. this shit won't hold up in court lmfao

way to become Ferrari, btw

Well Dad says he's going to rape you in the shower

i guess ford didnt smell what the rock was cooking

I thought your post was funny, even when no one else did

This thread is killing me

Does he still have the F50?

Only correct opinion.

welcome to america, b*tch

>you can't sell your own property

nice try ford. this is unenforceable.

Only good ford was the au falcon
Ford can't stop meeeeee

in the us, contracts can supersede law in a lot of cases and theres no specific positive right to sell your property

its also possible that the GT is still property of Ford and is merely leased to the owner for an indefinite time for a sum payment rather than monthly (kinda like how a condo is eventually paid off, but the physical building is property of the condo association so you can't go knocking down walls and shit and can even be banned from shit as simple as having pets even though it's "your house")

Cant really afford it anyway, there is an application process so its not like one guy can buy them all and resell them.

if i could afford a 500k car that i really wanted and filled out the application and gone through the process of beong selected then surely i could afford a 700k car from some one who did get picked and wanted to sell theirs.

We are talking about millionaires user no ones hurting and its not like they are just out of reach but all these greedy millionaires keel scalping them.

You both must be retarded.

not when you sign a contract dumbass

>contracts can supersede law in a lot of cases
example?

he had a contract to receive the car in the first place, you dumbass

theres no lease or loan from ford here. cena owned it outright. it was his to do with as he pleases.

ford is trying to scare other customers from doing the same with some bored lawyers.

a really common one is a contractual obligation to do overtime at normal rates

how do you know theyre not jewing him out like ferrarri and lambo do

Ferrari will blacklist you from buying the special cars(laferrari, f12tdf) if you resell your laf, f12fdf immediately, without selling to back to an official Ferrari dealership, but won't sue you for it because they know such a contract stipulation is against consumer protection laws.

JOHN CENA ON SUICIDE WATCH
>poor

Yes. Less are buying cars and buying trucks and SUVs.

>I don't know what pre order means

>super car is in quotes

HUR HUR HUR

WHO WOULDA THOUGHT

FUCKING FORD

FUCKING

MADE
THEN THEY KEKED IT WITH A V6 GAVE IT THE SAME NAME AND SUED THE OWNERS WHEN THEY TRY TO GET RID OF THE AWFUL POS

HUR HUR HUR

WHO WOULDA THOUGHT

FUCKING FORD

FUCKING

MADE
THEN THEY KEKED IT WITH A V6 GAVE IT THE SAME NAME AND SUED THE OWNERS WHEN THEY TRY TO GET RID OF THE AWFUL POS.

Was that the Ford that they didn't allow anybody to buy?

In all seriousness Ford fucked this one up beyond recognition. The entire PR stunt has been an unmitigated fiasco. The only reason their brand is not in complete shambles is because normies don't care.

>We want to come out with a premium car and only sell it to brand ambassadors so it makes us look good
The pretentiousness of this makes them look like shit

>We're only going to make 500 even though 7,000 people want one

>We are going to engineer in rarity but then we want people to risk the car by taking it out of their garage

>At the end of the day the only people that cared were autists, most people don't even know we made the car
Missing the mark this hard

>So lets finally get normies to notice the car by suing a high profile customer for not presenting our brand in the best light
The pretentiousness of this makes them look like shit to EVERYBODY

If it wasn't an American auto company doing this there is no way I could accept anybody being this stupidly counterproductive.

HUR HUR HUR

WHO WOULDA THOUGHT

FUCKING FORD

FUCKING

MADE