/hg/ - Halo General

Summer Content Edition

>The Halo Wars 2 Icons of War DLC pack is available now for $9.99 or as a free download for season pass owners
- two new leaders, Commander Jerome and The Arbiter, each with their own unique playstyles, units, and abilities
- New blitz cards available exclusively to Jerome and Arbiter
- six achievements for 60 gamerscore

>Latest Halo Community Update:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/tank-drops-travel-plans

>Important Halo Links and Notes (under reconstruction)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>>>news

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #325.
The featured map is "Reactor"

>Previous 50 threads
#324 - Inane Arguments #323 - Jesus falls for the third time #322 - Fucking WHY? #321 - Technical Difficulties #320 - Awakening the Nightmare #319 - Post Tournament Vacation #318 - Icons of War #317 - At least do it right #316 - We are still here
#315 - Never Give Up
#314 - Final
#313 - Xbox One X
#312 - E3 2017
#311 - Imagine Being Chief in this Scene
#310 - SGT Johnson
#309 - 16-Bit
#308 - 8-Bit
#307 - Banished
#306 - Post GT
#305 - Halo Triple
#304 - Colony
#303 - Custom Warzone
#302 - Customized Gamerpics
#301 - Easter
#300 - Breakthrough
#299 - ITT We Discuss Halo
#298 - Scorpio Specs
#297 - /hg/tage
#296 - Main Menu
#295 - Hunter Leader Inbound
#294 - All Systems Critical
#293 - Failure
#292 - Kinsano
#291 - Hayabusa
#290 - I Want to Believe
#289 - Implying
#288 - Re-Write
#287 - Place Your Bets IV
#286 - Exploration
#285 - Warthog Rush
#284 - Let 'Volir
#283 - Dinos Playing Hoop
#282 - Standard
#281 - Halo Wars 2
#280 - Ultimate
#279 - Early Access
#278 - War of Wits
#277 - Imminent Hexagons
#276 - Soon
#275 - Never Forget

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm

Well this is a pleasant surprise

Wat?

>75 threads until 400

But how???

>Halo Online
Didn't see that coming.
+10 points to you, numberfag.

Quick!!!! Everyone!!!!!

YFW 343 is making a Halo3 classic playlist with classic settings and community made Halo3 maps!

They're not gonna fix the aim system, though.

You mean they're having a bunch of community forgers make maps for them and then they'll just tweak the settings and say they did something for the fans?
Big Team all over again.

How do you go from this...

Serina a QT, I wanna fug her,

... to this?

CE looks so fucking sexy in full HD

Dark, ambient, and mysterious
Overly colorful and unsurprising

It's not "bad", but I'll always prefer the original

Why, you add reach assets and lights everywhere of course!

Looks better to me. It doesnt have shiity polygon 1999 graphics. And You can actually see now. Why do people want to play video games where they can't see anything?

Nothing in that picture is a reach asset except for the marines.

Normally people say CE:A is just all reach assets and it took triggers me every time. The environments are entirely new, they're way too colorful for anything in reach. Only the enemies, Marines, and certain vehicles were recycled

To this

I don't hate the newer one, but the first one looks so much better.

Plus reach also runs in a different graphics engine than CEA does. You can tell by switching between the CEA graphics on the level "Halo" and the installation 04 firefight map based on the same area. It's a pretty noticable difference.

Regret, Regret, Regret

There is literally nothing wrong with the new aim system, I get that it's not the old style for the classic playlist, which is a bit shitty, but it wasn't a bad change.
Especially if you use an old control scheme, I've used Halo 4 controls for everything since it came out, it might have done almost everything badly, but it introduced my favorite control scheme.

People believe halo3 BC will kill H5 and MCC. Instead of it being big for a few weeks until people realize how shit forge was and that halo5 customs are a lot better.

Wait until nostalgia fags cry when they can't forge any good maps because most good forgers moved to halo5.

Thays not a different graphics engine. That just totally different skyboxes, art direction, assets,etc.

Let me tone down the massive aim assist and then maybe we can talk.

Dear Humanity,

We REGRET being alien bastards
We REGRET coming to earth
And we most definitely REGRET the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet!

I don't think the zoom adds aim assist.

Do you think Halo 6 will let us play as elites again? And if so, will we be able to dab?

Johnson : I know what the white ladies like.

How did Bungie get away with this?

"the taming of the Jews. The negro rebellion. If it were not for the Arbiter the Klan would have died long ago"

My god. Did anyone else remember Halo being so racist?

>Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!

Why is Johnson so great?

It'a literally a new graphics layer not based on Reach. That's why the Reach assets in the game look so out of place

FREEZE, FAGGOTS!

POST YOUR FAVORITE BIG TEAM BATTLE MAP IN THE SERIES OR I'LL SHOOT!!!

Coag

New graphics layer, yes. But it's not running on the CE graphics engine. Only the old one is.

I'm curious how you think they accomplished the new one, if not with using Reach's graphics engine? Did they make an entirely new one from scratch? I don't think so, they've never done that for anything else

Containment

Avalanche

Give me maps you fucks

Spire

"Master Chief, do you mind telling me what you're doing on that ship?"
"Sir, finishing the kikes"

"Fate had us meet as foes, but this ring will make us niggaz"

"Interesting... the weather patterns here seem natural, not artificial. I wonder if the ring's environment systems are malfunctioning because of the shitty coding by the dirty pooinloo indian IT guys... or if the designers wanted the installation to have inclement weather."

"That belongs to me, you fucking nigger."

Halo is just a product of a different time.

Most of the halo5 later forged maps.

Funny how a community of old G forgers make better maps than FailGie or Gay43

Jesus Christ how did Microsoft green lite these games?

Anyone else gonna watch Game of Bros?

Headlong.

My least favorite woupd probably be Basin. In fact, I find most of the 5 BTB maps to be mediocre

Ice Fields

Who exactly is hg playing?
the gungoose is probably the most stupidly fun shit in warzone
Can you put him out of his misery?

What's the one people liked for Dominion in Halo 4? I liked that one.
Also the H2:A version of Blood Gulch.

Exile?
Exile is to Dominion what Apex 7 is to warzone. It's the map that gamemode was made in mind for and balanced around.

Any of you have a throwaway Xbox trial I may have?

Ran out but thinking of renewing next week

Gt?

kinds embarrassed about this mind if give you a sub?

Mammothscroll20

>every woman in the show winning
Stopped watching

Gonna play Haaw Waaw 2

It'll kill MCC but not Halo 5. People been wanting the original Halo 3 for a while since MCC was such a disappointing insult to the fanbase.

No, stop asking

Reach looked out of place in general as a Halo game.

Why does MCC and Halo 5 have this weird glitch?

Brutes did this on Sacred Icon.

Looks more in place than 4 and 5.

I'm still annoyed by how HW2 uses that iteration of the Warthog.
They use the old UNSC emblem but the new warthog? Did 343 force CA to use the new stuff or did CA not know any better?

Why is Chief so tiny?

MASTER CHIEF!!!!

It's really just that Warthogs are fuckhuge.

Don't forget H2A. They did a good job with most of the models, but the Halo 4 Warthog looks out of place.

desu I like the new warthog turret better, the side shields actually seem like they work

Eh, I just like the old plating and distinct lack of huge handles. I know it makes sense for "muh lore", but I still think it's stupid.

Nonody has said Halo 3 BC will "kill" Halo 5, just that it will vastly outpopulate it.
There is going to be no massive migration back to 5. You keep posting this every thread and all it's doing is adding to my screenshot collection for when you get BTFO. Halo 5 is in intensive care right now. You will consistantly get matched with the same players 2, 3, 4, even 5 times in a row in the same playlists. The population is so low that the ranking system is rendered mostly redundant. Golds, platinuns, diamonds, and Onyx players all get thrown into the same games, because theyre the only games. The customs browser often has single digit pages of active servers, and often more than half are empty.
The game deaerves better, but this is the world we live in.

>1 hour ago

The thing that surprises me is how many bad players are still in Halo 5.
I would expect that a game with such a low population would have mostly dedicated players that are good at the game, but I went into the game for the firat time in months and won 4 out of 5 FFA games instantly.

You'll get some angry (YOU)s, but you're 100% spot on regardless

Thanks but i don't even think it'a a very controversial statement. I don't dislike halo 5 or anything, but for aomeone to just assume halo 3 BC will somehow have this wierd reverse effect that somehow ends up helping Halo 5 noticably in the long run just seems overly convoluted to me. Most of the people that end up playing Halo 3 on backwards compatibility probably don't even own halo 5.

>1 achievement left in Halo Wars 2
>it's the one that requires getting a weekly 4 weeks in a row

Don't worry about it.
There will be more halo wars 2 achievements coming out through the fall. You can get the 4 week achievement then.

This game has God Tier post-launch support
And all for $20 fucking dollars.

The one let down has been no new maps, but besides that, yeah, it's been pretty great.

I'm expecting some maps when Awakening the Nightmare launches

The rumor is that multiplayer maps was the aspect of the game development that but the dust so the game could get out on time.

How did 343 get away with this?

Sandtrap.

Because nobody payed attention to 5, not even whiny feminists.
Or, going by what Bonnie Ross described the game as at E3, neither did the people in charge.

>Final Results of the previous phase of voting are as follows

Lockout: 100%
Desolation: 0%

Colossus: 45.7%
Ivory Tower: 54.3%

Sanctuary: 91.4%
Elongation: 8.6%

Gemini: 40%
Midship: 60%

District: 14.3%
Bloodline: 85.7%

Stone Town: 40%
Remnant: 60%

Shrine: 71.4%
Warlord: 28.6%

Zenith: 51.4%
Lockdown: 48.6%

>not a single vote against Lockout
>the lockout remake loses to the ascension remake
Explain yourself, /hg/!

Lockdown is the worst version of Lockout
Zenith is the best version of Ascension.
It plays very well with H2A and the enhancements to the map compliment it nicely.
By contrast, the changes to Lockdown make the map worse. The stelactites are a pain for instance.

Awakening the nightmare? kek

I actually like that you can break the plane in the middle of the center platform, but I agree that the stalagmites are annoying.

Looks like at some point the forerunners upgraded from cable to fiberoptics

like shouldnt it be awaking.

>stalactites
>stalagmites
One of you is wrong
i just don't know which

>I actually like that you can break the plane in the middle of the center platform
?

stalactite

What the fuck?!?!?!
I didn't know about this.

Halo3 sucks prove me wrong. You can't.