Early retirement

Would it be retarded to retire early on $350,000 invested in the stock market (tax advantaged account) - and go live in South East Asia or Latin America (2nd world)

The only reasons I can see not to do this are:

+Potential to get killed/robbed by natives
+Difficult access to 1st world luxury goods
+Potential that immortality vaccine was discovered but you can't afford it because you didn't concentrate on building your wealth.

~14k a year in investment returns? Meh. I'd hold out a bit longer. It's definitely possible to live on less than that in a shit country, I just wouldn't want to. What do you enjoy doing and could you do it over there?

>Difficult access to 1st world luxury goods
Someone has never been to South East Asia...

14k a year

$6k a year on renting a 'nice' apartment - not extravagant, but modern and with aircon, electric etc all included, possibly a gym too

I observe that 1st world things like high speed internet and good hospitals are widespread in the 2nd world, fromTurkey to South Asia

No, and that's actually my plan. Make as much in the US as I can, put as much in my 401k and Roth as I can, and do a working "retirement" at 40 by going overseas and teaching English. Switch countries every few years, bang multiple foreign girls. Make just enough to have a comfortable living while my 401k/Roth grows until I reach ~65 and start getting my SS. The only problem is if I get cancer or some other serious health problem before I'm eligible for Medicare. Then I'm fucked.

Considering about the strategy of this whole issue.

a tax free account can bridge the gap to one's mid 50s, when your tax deferred account comes into play.

So someone brave/stupid enough could have a higher drawdown rate.

Imagine if you had a Youtube channel or side business that brought in $500 a month - even better.

Assuming your talking about US accounts, you're gonna pay a harsh penalty taking money out of a tax-deferred account before retirement age. You'll pay a penalty as well when you take out more than what you put into a tax-free, i.e. Roth, account before retirement age as well. My plan is to not touch that shit at all until retirement age and just wing it until then.

They could roth ladder, but it takes 5 years.

Why not just move to eastern Europe instead? Full of whites, still close access to western markets. It'd just be a bitch to learn Finnish or something.

The big assumption in this plan is that where you live will continue to be cheap for the next twenty years. I wouldn't want to gamble on that

>Assuming your talking about US accounts, you're gonna pay a harsh penalty taking money out of a tax-deferred account before retirement age. You'll pay a penalty as well when you take out more than what you put into a tax-free, i.e. Roth, account before retirement age as well. My plan is to not touch that shit at all until retirement age and just wing it until then.

In the UK we can take money out of our tax free account (Roth in USA?) at any age, the annual contribution limit is $25k which makes it a plausible early retirement tool

Our tax deferred equivalent of the 401k is blocked off until 55

>Why not just move to eastern Europe instead? Full of whites, still close access to western markets. It'd just be a bitch to learn Finnish or something.

SEA has better weather and more attractive people to be around

>The big assumption in this plan is that where you live will continue to be cheap for the next twenty years. I wouldn't want to gamble on that

Yes that's a fair point

>+Potential that immortality vaccine was discovered but you can't afford it because you didn't concentrate on building your wealth.

>immortality vaccine

wew lad...

SEA is still going to be far cheaper than the US 20 years or not.

The main thing is actually the small stuff. I know people who retired in Costa Rica and they love it but you can't get everything there and it costs a fuckton to import anything major.

Granted, it's somewhat likely that it'll remain cheaper, but we can't know that for sure. 20 years is a long time.

Additionally, what makes me hesitant about early retirement plans is the rising cost of essentials like health care. If your post-FIRE budget is tight, that could tip you over the edge.

Make sure you get unemployment when you pull the trigger, or start reading up on schizophrenia for SSDI

What do you mean by tax-advantaged accounts? Are you required to pay early withdrawal penalties?

I'm 22 and about to go live in Mexico with 10k for a couple of years

>Would it be retarded
Yes.

Disregarding your likelihood of being murdered by locals, wildlife, or disease, most countries are growing exponentially. $350,000 may not be NEARLY enough, unless you plan on leveraging it into businesses either local or wherever you want to move.

When your business has grown to the point where you earn a ROYAL living (for your country of residence), hire people to run it for you and live easy.

F U C K I N G W H Y

Very true, healthcare just needs to come from taxes and be done with it. Tying it to employers is retarded. Greatest country on Earth and we still pussy foot around it.

>taxes

I'm just here to remind you that taxation is theft and you don't have a right to other people's money any more than they have a right to yours.

How about people crowdsource or die?