What car is like a Miata NB, but four door and bigger...

What car is like a Miata NB, but four door and bigger? I still want that easy to maintain & fun to drive aspect in a larger package.

You probably won't find something 4 door that handles so well. If you don't mind fwd you can probably get an 8th gen civic si for less than $6k. They come in both coupe and sedan

RX-8

/thread

2001-2003-ish 3-series?
do you want rwd for real? otherwise might be your thing?

>/threading your own post
get out reddit, also maintenance isn't easy, not a lot of room to work with

E46 is more rigid with 4 doors.

RX-8 is literally a Miata chassis with 4 doors

I'm sorry I don't know what rear wheel drive is. I am a newfag. All I know is that I've gotta have manual transmission (plus the things I listed in the OP of course)

Where do you live OP?
What do you currently drive.

Why do you want an enthusiast car?

What's your budget?

WRX STI?

North Florida and I don't own a car. I made a thread a little while ago with my needs/wants and the Miata was overwhelmingly the winner (I asked on other sites too and got Miata, Miata, Miata)
$10k. This RX-8 is intriguing me, what will an older one cost? I think the way the doors open is cheesy but as long as it's got four seats we're good

Is aftermarket parts availability just as good on an RX8 as it is a Miata?

The Rx8 has a rotary engine. They get poor gas mileage and burn oil by design. Also the apex seals need to be replaced(major service, full engine teardown) every 70k or so miles. The e46 bmw 3 series, or the civic si that anons have mentioned may be a better first enthusiast car. Hondas are cheap to work on and reliable in general

*awesome, not cheesy. Also look into how to care for a rotary.
There's a difference between burning and injecting.

I'm the guy who recommended the 3 series earlier.
I've owned an RX-8, it is by no means practical, high maintenance cost and it's got bad bad gas mileage.
It requires some engine mods to be semi-reliable as a DD even, and it's cramped to work on.

Yes, it's 4 door but almost impossible for anyone but small children to ride in the rear, you also need to drive it daily for the engine not to break, and you need to REDLINE it daily as part of maintenance.

3-series is much simpler to find parts for, and the parts are cheap, huge community, crazy fun, and very luxurious, it also makes more power and has more variety to it than the RX-8.

>I have no idea what I am talking about, the post.

Rotaries get meh gas mileage.

They do burn oil by design, not a big deal, you check your oil more than once every 6 months, right?

The apex seals DO NOT need to be replaced every 70k miles. It's not that big of a deal to hit 200k on renesis engines if you do reliability mods and take care of them.

>Recommending a 15+ year-old BMW as some how cheaper and better built
You are fucking stupid, and this is coming from a BMW owner.

>you also need to drive it daily for the engine not to break
no, you don't

you can get a decent shell for 2-3k$ in the south and spend the rest on whatever power plant you want

What do you mean by this? A Miata engine in an RX8 body?

Just buy your civic and go back to /b/...

If you want to get into cars do your own research, we can't tell you what to like.

>miata NB
>4 doors
>bigger
E36 or E46 sedans. RWD, decent power, not too expensive to buy, maintenance will be a bit more though.

You're the one not reading the thread and suggesting things that I clearly would have no idea about, then getting butthurt when I ask for clarification
Thank you. I hear bad things about BMW maintenance but it all comes down to how the car has been treated beforehand I think

ehhh if you havent wrenched on bimmers, i wouldnt get a bimmer unless its a second or 3rd

New BMWs have bad maintenance, if you get it done by a dealer or whatever, early 2000s is fine.

And yeah, I'm not gonna spoonfeed you basic shit, eat a dick and google faggot.
If you wanna know about RWD, use wikipedia, if you wanna know about a specific model and common issues/how to check and prevent them, go to that car's forum and check.

You don't go on a computer enthusiast forum to ask what kind of cables you need for a GPU you just bought.

Confused by your phrasing, do you mean early 2000s bimmer is fine if you take it to someone or its fine to do on your own?

And I was asking about a specific thing you brought up, you stupid fuck. You didn't have to mention shells and power plants and whatever, and since you did you should at least have the decency to follow through on your post

You live in Gainesville, bro?

>the bmw maintenance is expensive and hard meme
e36 is piss easy to work on, parts are dirt cheap, and whatever goes wrong is easily replaceable long before it does anything bad. case in point, replace most of your cooling system as soon as you get it, and the valve cover gasket, and you're set for a fuckin while
e46 has more electrical gremlins but not that many more so

Do you think it would be more money saved on swapping its engine for literally anything or keeping the dorito machine as is

Jax