/rsg/ RuneScape general

Livid farm was an inside job edition

Previous thread
Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.comwiki/Update:Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,136,65929781

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/6np2rx/Veeky
services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes-june-2013
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,771,65932023
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

less than 12 hours until all hell breaks loose

Don't spoonfeed these retards. They're the type that wears meme boots and bandos gloves.

you meant barrows gloves

t70 are as shameful

by that logic t80 and t90 are pretty worthless themselves, only nightmare gauntlets are worth looking at

yes

ugh...yeah?

What slayer rewards should I prioritize after maxing helmet? Chimp on belt?

Chimp on belt is top tier comfy. I'd put at least bonecrusher and chimp on my belt before grabbing that last helmet upgrade.

>1k points + 3.5m for muh 1.5% accuracy boost when you already should have 100% accuracy against literally everything you bother killing on task.

k points + 3.5m
I agree cor.helm should be the last upgrade but on the road to 120 this is pretty cheap

>what dailies should a maxed player be doing
Once you max you should do dung dailies until 120 dung.

After you hit 120 dung you have to make a decision:
If you don't care about raising xp total, continue doing dung dailies but don't extend them anymore so you can get your key very fast.
If you DO care about raising xp total, you should do either smithing dailies or runecrafting dailies, as those are generally the best two.

Also this should go without saying, but extend every daily you do with vis wax.

>new ded
>already page 10
This ded is extra ded.

we're all in our fallout shelters to survive "the (((announcement)))"

>tfw bank bugs will never be fixed individually because the rework is totally coming soon™ trust us
>tfw rework will be delayed and delayed until everyone forgets about it and then it will be scrapped

>beg for hidey holes for over a year
>get told they're coming with the clue scroll rework
>they haven't even started working on it yet

Show me your gear/stats and action bar and I'll tell you how to not suck

I don't have a bar because I play on legacy

what happened here?

depends
what item is that?

>we actually considered the bank rework to be an expansion
>our polling indicates that the majority of players are against the expansion model
>this means that the majority of players are against the bank rework
>therefore, we have scrapped it
>it was actually too hard anyway because of pasta bank code written in the year 2000 BC lol

>gear
all 3 nox weapons with precise 5 holding off on aftershock 3 because I dont want to sink mils into gizmos only to have Jagex change shit with batch 2
all 3 nex sets with crackling 3, impatient 3, enh.Devoted 3, and biting2+venomblood
Ability bars are the ones on the wiki for "optimal" dps

My gear is ok i need more agility,smithing and the menaphos shit.
Are golden bars the best method to level up smith?
Agility pls kill me

hefin hour right now, do some agility, tiny bit everyday, i had 95 before dexp then i did silverhawks on dexp. wouldn't have happened if i just moaned about it

bitter 'shrooms

I assume World Wakes is done for sun/swiftness

>Broken Home for Asylum Ring
>should easily be able to farm vindicta for as3 and petscape/fb
>drygores > scythe in single target tho scythe switch for quake debuff is nice
>ascensions > nox bow tho can use both for max deeps if trihard
>unlock shattered worlds reward to upgrade dazing shot
>out of everything your staff is your best friend, learn telos, make bills, ezer than ppl think, they just suck

>if you can't afford to aug t90 then aug nex or gwd1, dont settle for tank shit if you are
>get asyulm ring from broken home
>if no nox get lance/glaive/cywir
>if can only afford one get cywir dw and learn telos
>silver hawk feathers an hour is less than average boss income an hour, free ez agility xp w/ profit.
>do div for portend of life ("sign")
>herb priority once loot comes in
>make as many overloads as possible
>***make them into combination flasks for free extra 2 doses
>soulsplit/turmoil second high priority
>since no ss/turm use amulet of zealots from dg
>unlock invention as soon as possible once above is met
>augment shit

>I assume World Wakes is done for sun/swiftness
yeah I'm maxed/closing in on comp.
forgot to mention I have unaugmented drygores and both shattered worlds abilities.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't using a trash rotation, the wiki isn't exactly known for its good pvm guides

My budget is like 70m including armour and gold.
I will be farming toadflox and crushed nest for the next double exp ~12m in a dxp
After that Zamorak help me to spend 200m until to get level 96

>anticlockwise

>if can only afford one get cywir dw and learn telos
unless the offhand accuracy is needed for casting debuffs, make sure this is a cywir wand+virt book, as the book is functionally identical to the cywir orb but costs a good bit less

>lore treats dragon armor like it's hot shit
>the dragonkin were the only ones who could make new items
>Linza became a wight forever as a result of stealing information on their techniques
>better nondegradable melee gear has existed since 2007

Is possible to customize the hotkey for presets the question/dialog box and the smithing thing?

I want to stop using my keyboard and weatch anime

I dont think so
just make your smithing preset '1'

>click bank
>1
>click forge
>1
>spacebar
>repeat

Iss possible to make golden bars without selecting the ore and then the forge?

just click on the forge?

I can't see the golden material.

right click the forge and there should be an option to change its settings

switch it from 'smith' to 'smelt'

what are they even interacting with?

Thanks i didn't know about configure here.

About the hotkeys i'm using x-mouse to change the buttons from my mouse.

what items are you dyeing today, rsg?

Do people lose insane final boss title each time a new boss is released, or is it permanently unlocked like the salty title?

When people with IFB hit prestige before 60k kills, does setting their kills to 0 take away the title? Does it make the pets' examine information say they have 0 kills?

>Do people lose insane final boss title each time a new boss is released
yep, same with normal final boss and reaper title

>When people with IFB hit prestige ...
They keep the title and pet examine says
>has 0 kills with X prestige

pet examine does show kc and prestige
title is only lost when new boss/pet is released
for example everyone lost ifb when durzag and yaka pets came out

Okay neat, thanks.

why is night /rsg/ more helpful and sincere than day /rsg/?

We've got to save our energy to make fun of the big announcement tomorrow morning.

anyone want to pre-meme?

I want the announcement to be the return of funorb. I need my remastered archanists.

>return of funorb
if they were planning on doing this they would have made a huge show of it during the ChinaJoy conference they teased RS Remastered at

purple dye on capes

>survivors

beautiful
do you have a template for the hitsplats/healthbar?

I used this and just scaled it up

Be careful reddit doesn't steal your shitposts for ebin upvotes :^)
reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/6np2rx/Veeky Forums_user_predicts_theannouncement/

>thought you were having a goof with the url
>you weren't

look at his username kek

What does it mean?

the eternal leech strikes again

>5 hours until horrific disappointment
post fond /rsg/ memories

He's a ponyfucker. At least he didn't tell them which board or the general name. They could easily find it using google, though.

I TRIED SO HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

If you like, baby, we can forget time and dance 'til dawn!

>boogie fever glitch was 5 years ago
god damn where has the time gone

Guys what if it's RS for Switch?

NXT overheats actually good computers
the switch would melt

was this the one where josh/toil leaked the database or something

i regret giving them money

this was the one that actually got very popular thousands of accounts and Jagex slammed them hard with a lawsuit.

Not just a run of the mill "cease and desist" but a "you're going to forfeit all of the computers you hosted out intellectual property on. Also we're taking you to court for all the paypal money you received and be thankful if you can find a job in CS after this is over"

They fucked him hard.

Update in 1.25 hours, Rectal Ragnarok 3 hours later

>another patch week
oh boy Jagex you sure do know how to keep your players entertained...
I hope all the clowns that voted for larger less frequent updates realize the error of their ways

I wonder what the developers are even doing right now. Expansions were scrapped two weeks ago and since then we've heard nothing about the shorter term release schedule. Most of the updates from the livestream are still in pre-production or aren't really that substantial to begin with. Is that seriously all they have? If they had anyone working on the other expansions, surely they'd be able to release some of what they finished in small, weekly updates.

achievements (that thing that didn't need to get updated in the first place that they fucked up so bad they had to spend double the time fixing it)
shattered world anima buff (soonTM lol ecksdee!)
Evil dave quest ("halfway done")
beach (better late than never)

>tfw beach is the unironically only good thing to come out of July

That was always going to be the case.

Remember jagex planned on releasing the Magister with Menaphos (then pushed back 2 weeks, then another to July) and didn't anticipate needing to 'fix' (redo) Achievements

other than patches beach was going to be July's only update

they never planned to release magister with menaphos, they seperated it to make sure key supplies were somewhat in existent

They said during the livestream that the Magister was originally planned to go live WITH Menaphos but once it became obvious they wouldn't happen (a few weeks prior to launch) they decided to push it back 2 weeks and used the keys as justification

Menaphos was originally meant to be a single update. No batches/part 2s

Osborne said during a recent stream that it was never their intention to batch menaphos and magistervideally would have been added along with everything else

my life is a fucking lie

I'm aware of those, I was just wondering if that's really all they have. The screenshots of achievements batch two show that they're not actually fixing how bad the interface layout is, but rather making it look nicer. Allegedly it will save your spot in the interface until you log out, which is a slight improvement. However, it doesn't resolve the issue that the structure is poorly designed. The update to shattered worlds is important, but I don't think it's substantial in terms of development resources; the content is already complete and they're just tweaking it. For the Evil Dave quest, "halfway done" tells me "maybe in a couple of months". The beach is late, we've known about it for a while, it will re-use assets, and it's temporary.

Looking at those updates and the others in the two slides from the livestream, there appears to be a disparity between the dev resources I expect them to have and the updates we're likely to get over the next few months.

>between the dev resources I expect them to have and the updates we're likely to get over the next few months.
It's well known that they have fuck all programmers and are majority artists.
So if you expect them to have anything, you are wrong.

Second, are you not paying attention?
Chances are The Announcement is something that's eating up what little resources they have.

Ready for more?
Remember how they said that Menaphos didn't take away from or distract them from other updates this year?
Well during the 'Unfinished Business' stream they finally admitted that they had some Devs pause projects or move teams so they could devote more manpower to getting menaphos out on time. They outright lied about it not impacting the quality AND quantity of pre-menaphos updates this year

>Chances are
They've already started moving RS3 devs over to the "unannounced MMO" on their website
Mod Ollie (GWD2+Telos) was one of the major devs

So I'm a returning player, will I be able to get my bikini grill outfit from past events? Wiki says I might have to use runecoins or something.

Try being a construction fan
services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes-june-2013
>June 2013
>With the imminent launch of RS3 (coming this summer) the team are working hard on a huge range of updates, all thematically and functionally linked into the 6th Age of RuneScape
>It’s going to be an amazing summer of content
>Construction Rework: Build in places you'd never expect!

:) :(

I don't pay attention to things.
But even a blind retard would be able to understand that whatever the fuck they're planning is why updates have been so lackluster.

It's still less than they've been able to accomplish in recent history. They may be incompetent, but I don't think their entire dev team is experiencing rapid mental degradation. I was going to attribute it to whatever they're announcing, but omitted the sentence because it seemed too obvious to mention.

You'll be able to get this years and last years probably.
Then the following year (if there is a beach even that is) you'll be able to unlock the that year's one and the first one

If the event is the same as last year you will seemingly be able to get one of the outfits, yeah. There are two different versions of the outfit and I vaguely remember Jagex saying you'd only be able to obtain one for some reason, but I am most likely wrong.

services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,771,65932023

What the fuck

>beach sand cape as first reward
Those sons of bitches!
What happened to event exclusive rewards?

>More options have been added to various items such as teleport jewellery and capes when worn.
do you think this means right click options or actual teleport locations

>limitless daily progress
Time to afk lava mines!

Speculation: the results of the big RS survey will be announced alongside The Announcement as a less important aspect of it, including which updates Jagex plans on focusing on in 2018

>survey
I'm pretty sure it's still open, and a few JMods have said that they won't talk about it much until RuneFest.

the fuck are the kikes planning? I'm not going to stop farming morchellas though, jews can go fuck themselves

But The Announcement is gonna be a small thing as well. Literally :^)

>Reyna would like the sand delivered to the west pile in the crater.

so when are the khopesh prices dropping to peanuts?