Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Kino webms with sound:
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pVoXGGXRl5k
a2bikes.co.uk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yamaha FZ bikes are the ugliest things in existence.

You've never been in a Kawasaki dealership have you?

Wow they look the fucking same

Who designs these?

Not him or you, but have you seen most jap bikes in the last 20 years? All the faired ones look exactly the same, half the bikini fairings look exactly the same etc.

Post bike

I don't own one, but that doesn't change the fact the fz is ugly as shit.

Put a smoked windshield on it for fucks sake.

i think we can all agree that they're all pretty good but suzuki doesn't innovate these days and both suzuki and kawasaki have some terrible build quality issues

>suzuki and kawasaki have some terrible build quality issues
senpai
you're mistaking your opinions for facts

>Cracking ZX10R frames

you're right senpai. FZ09 and 10 are literally ugly af

Ever heard of 1960's ujm's?

I was just disassembling a 2015 gsxr 600 that i bought in an auction and the fairings, cables, headlights, turn singnals all feel really flimsy and cheap. They also dont even have projector lens like in past models.

Squiddy! Where are you?

Dead in a gutter

the 60s were more than 20 years ago user... did you forget how to do your maths?

>tfw don't know the next time I can hit the tooj

Burgers don't get the CB400SF, but we do get the CB500F (ugly alien ptwin). We don't get the CB1300Sf either, but we do get the CB1100 (comparatively inferior nostalgia bike)

a-at least we can buy literbikes without any drama, right?

Modern sportbike headlights have been getting steadily worse for a while. I had a 954 with a literally brilliant headlight. People flashed their brights at me for just having it on. Then I had a CBR600RR with one dinky low beam and one dinky high beam. But the headlight from the 954 was heavy enough for the difference to be felt in your hands. On the CBR, I rode with the brights on 24/7 and never got flashed.

Manufacturers would rather use a lighter unit than a better unit to attract benchracers with ever lower weight figures. As if street riders would notice, and as if actual racers wouldn't tear the thing out.

Wew, what kind of motogp Fantasyland do you live?

wew new stikers, thinking i might get an orange rear sprocket and chain for it, possibly orange hubs too.

Kawi is a good boy it dindu nothing.

funneh maymay

>>Cracking ZX10R frames
it was mostly gen1 and only if abused. It was a long time ago.

Similar stuff happened to 954RR (crankcase issues) but one is bitching about shitty honda quality.

2t FTW

I feel your pain user, this time of year it’s covered in mud and grit, so my baiku is in hibernation.

What's your excuse for not riding during winter?

all this commuting is getting me worried Ill forget how to ride like I used to

is it possible for chicken strips to come back everytime Im going out on these roads I feel a little bit more like a hivis uncle taking these corners at like 30

Selling bikes suck

I think im about to get gang banged by the dude of black guys and have my bike stolen in the next few hours

I could go hit it right now but it would be wet af and covered in moss

._.

Just filter the answers you get, then.
If it's not properly written or the name doesn't seems...well, """business friendly""", just get the next one.

Thoughts on someone who's never really ridden before getting a cbt ( UK life plates allowing you to ride 125cc for next to nothing) just so I can make a cafe racer to ride around town?
I have a massive urge to build one despite never really being into bikes that much. so sexy.

125ccs aren't cafe racers. A true cafer racer does 100mph.

>just so I can make a cafe racer to ride around town?
>thoughts

Well you're a colossal faggot aren't you.

Don't forget the spoke skins.

is this bait

Do it. Do what you want to and don’t listen to any of the faggots who tell you otherwise. So long as you think the bike itself is sexy and not that you will be sexy riding it, you should make it happen.

It’s cold. I don’t usually put my bike away at all but i wait for the warmer days. Going out riding today and will probably be in the low 40s maybe but hopefully not into the 30s i don’t care who you are or how much clothing and layers you have ridding for more than a few hours at highway or close speeds gets cold. Sometimes it’s worth it to get chilled and still be able to ride other times not so much

This Sunday there's a classic car meet in the local mountain foothills. Gonna head out with my gf in the back and warm clothes since it't been a cold sunny winter so far.

Shit's gonna be comfy. Will try to take a few pics.

I spent 11 hours two days in a row last weekend with temps as low as 38 but mostly in the mid 40's for the first 3 hours and gradually warming till about mid 60's. Under my A-star adv gear ( with the liners in it ) I only wore a T-shirt and a pair of boxers. No head cap or anything else. I wore my summer gloves because I have heated grips and was comfortable all day. Just decent gear makes a huge difference, I got the jacket and pants on clearance ( previous year versions ) and have less than 350 burger bucks in the suit.

>Your bike looks a bit scruffed up
>y-yeah, I've come off it "x" times
>wow, maybe you shouldn't be riding bikes
FUCK YOU

>He crashed his bike
You stupid or something?

Welp, it's raining a lot here.

What mods have you done on your bike /dbt?

Pic related, chinese slip on, shorter bar risers and givi touring windshield.

Postie and cibby suck noses cock at tormina carpark

8=========> ~~~~

never crashed it, only come off doing sick stunts

Lol no bike telling other people his terrible opinion.
Fuck off kid

What's a good youtube channel I can watch to learn about bikes? Something educational, not a retard recording himself riding every fucking day and doing noises

Motorcyclist Magazine

>tfw this color isn't an option in my shit country

I got my 2017 in that color. Its best color

this, fortnine and revzilla but ignore the shilling

Don't listen to the faggots here, build one if you want to, I kinda want to.

Ive built several small cafe bikes. They are easy and fun to do build.
Go for it bud

This looks like Ballas territory in San Andreas.

Nice dubs. I only have second thoughts about riding in winter when the dew point is below 0°C and the air temp is also below the dew point. When the ground is cold enough to pull ice out of the air, I better have a good reason to be on the road.

>i don’t care who you are or how much clothing and layers you have
But this literally makes all the difference. I wear three thin layers, one of which is thermal, under my suit. The suit is also three layers (abrasion resistant, waterproof, insulating). I've done 6-8hr rides like that last winter, and plan on doing another 8hr ride in a couple of weeks, expecting -4°C to +8°C for that.

Pirellia Diabo Rosso Corsas, and owning a car.

>new rider
>death grip on all controls
>mental stress levels are off the chart, every ride feels like 10,000 things are going wrong
>step off bike and legs are literally shaking
>never want to ride again, feel like this was all a mistake

a few hours later
>see my keys hanging on the wall, suddenly feel the impulse to ride again

when does it feel normal?

Just relax, being stressed and tense just make things much worse and more dangerous. A relaxed rider is a safe rider. Go ride your bike around on some quiet roads a bit slower at a speed you're comfortable at, or just around a parking lot, you're clearly not comfortable with your bike yet.

After the first incident
You'll fuck up something, regret it for a couple days and then accept it
Riding is quite philosophical when you think about it

It's just near Grove Street, Home.
At least it was before I fucked everything up.

I don't like riding in sub-40F temps (hands get too cold) and I don't have a shitbike so slipping or crashing due to snow/ice has consequences.

When you stop being such a pussy. Riding with a degree of confidence will also improve your approach and form doing the things that are probably making you nervous in the first place, such as cornering or highway speeds or being surrounded by traffic.

Can you identify what is making you stress out while riding? What do you think you are doing wrong? What do you think you are doing right? (you made it back so clearly it's at least something acceptable).

revmatching probably.

Whenever I'm in 3rd or 4th gear and I need to go down to first, I feel like I'm doing something wrong if I pull in the clutch and stomp down multiple times while braking. I want to revmatch smoothly and quickly while modulating brake pressure so I can slow with my brakes while always being in the correct gear as I roll to a stop.

You're worrying too much, just let the clutch slip. Rev matching is good to know but not an essential thing when starting out.

Try using the clutch as little as possible
Use only 2 fingers when you do
Try to use the entirety of the gear when slowing down

Don't even bother with it until you're comfortable on your bike, rev matching isn't a necessity at all, sort your riding out before you try and do it.

are you letting the clutch out between gear changes? and are you flicking the clutch out or letting it slip a bit? It's smoother if you do it's hard to pick the perfect rpm across multiple gears so just go one at a time, you don't need to go from 4th straight to 1st unless you're racing and braking really hard.
also do you begin braking with the throttle shut and clutch engaged or are you pulling the clutch in straight away? it gives you more feel if you leave the clutch out to start braking and just shift gears when the rpm is too low, if ou think it's going to stall straight away you might be in the wrong gear to begin with...
start your braking earlier and just work on smooth shifting one gear at a time.
just practice your downshifting at a steady speed also between 3rd and 2nd. light pressure on gear lever just as you go to tap clutch in and the lever should glide into the lower gear as the clutch lets go... also flicking the throttle up and easing the clutch out quickly it's a very fast movement but there is still a sequence. practice this at steady speed until you can just downshift smoothly. then add braking with the lever which only changes your technique with the throttle. you can always just slip the clutch and many racers swear by only slipping the clutch (no rev matching on hard braking) because they need as much heavy+precise braking as they can get, rev matching just complicates things but with high rpm/speed differences and high torque you run into traction issues if you slip the clutch too fast...

also consider adjusting your brake lever upward so you aren't stretching your finger too much to open the throttle, it gives better control in my opinion but it's a personal preference. just don't get into the very bad habit of braking with the throttle still tweaked open if you raise the lever.

so what you're saying is that I should slow down first with my brakes and as my rpms decrease, downshift to keep my bike in the appropriate range. That makes sense.

>adjusting brake lever upward

I'll definitely make this adjustment, it's angled too far downwards, so my wrist is always curled when I reach for the levers.

>riding season
youtube.com/watch?v=pVoXGGXRl5k

After years.
I've become so used to it I don't even get stressed when there's possible slick road conditions out, like black ice or snow.

My co-workers did call me a fucking lunatic, because I rode to work today. It was only -3°C with fog, I didn't see a single problem.

>wet tyres
>still fall of a lot

Don't get me wrong they're kick ass but this isn't an argument for riding in wet weather for fun.

>so what you're saying is that I should slow down first with my brakes and as my rpms decrease, downshift to keep my bike in the appropriate range. That makes sense.
Have you never driven a manual?

>didn't see a single problem
That's some comfy fog :3

if people were flashing you with only your low beam on then you had it angled incorrectly

Something just looks out of proportion.

ok so i am looking to get my first bike

the OP link:
>Beginner-friendly shitbikes:
>a2bikes.co.uk/
shows what appears to be yurofriend licensing for motorcycles. the United States just has a simple motorcycle liscense, right? no distinctions based on it's power?

what i really want to know is that if i am 19, what do i need to be able to ride, what CAN i ride, and what are the good recommendations?

it differs between states but generally goes like this:
>go to dmv and take multiple choice test
>get permit, pay $7
>ride anything you want but no passengers and only valid within your own state
>few months later go back and weave between cones
>get full license

>>go to dmv and take multiple choice test
>>get permit, pay $7
>>ride anything you want but no passengers and only valid within your own state
so there isn't even an "actually get on the bike" part of the test for the permit?

Yes, dunce
you weave through cones, maybe do a trip round the block

How do you guys clean you are chains?

ask shivvy

that's for the full license.

No, permit test is just multiple choice, at least in my state.

Generally a 500 or 650 are good to start on. 250/300 if you're worried and have literally 0 experience but they can be pretty bad on freeways. Some detuned 600's if you have some experience with motorcycles.

So I need to strap it to the ceiling with ropes?

We got the weird transitional cb400, the cb-1... for two years.

you keep the same rusty chain until it snaps and lube it with nutella

Either dunk it in a bucket of oil overnight or put it in the top of the cooker.
Don't do the last one while mum's home or she'll complain about the smell.

>lube it with nutella

someone post the SEM pics

Agree

>lube it with nutella
i actually keked audibly.

>when does it feel normal?
I'm not sure, but give it more time.

?

I got my bike at the beginning of October, commuted on it for most of November.
It only took me a couple weeks but the drivers out here are pretty curteous
Also, i cant totally into revmatching either, i just practice dropping down a gear or two "properly" while I'm stopping before holding the clutch in and banging down to 1st.

>the chad dual sport
>the virgin sports landing gear

Poor bike