/ovg/ - Offroad Volvo edition

Welcome to Veeky Forums video games thread

Previous Thread at Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Spam the James emoji on the Discord
>Discord id: hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing rFactor and AC on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/3M-3m-mounting-square/dp/B00O1WF2WY
amazon.com/dp/B01N1RIRIR/
twitter.com/SB_XTREME/status/913267368284979200
youtube.com/watch?v=_X_6cSq-lDo
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Name a better game

>has 50x better gameplay and customization
how is having literally no tuning and being unplayable except with a full sim cockpit setup and ffb chair/wheel/stick set and car exhaust fan, and all having graphics from the 80s and physics that regularly glitch out and make your car lift off into space or embed themselves halfway into the ground "50x better gameplay and customization"?

its similar to double-sided tape, but sticker and instead of a piece of cellophane, it's foam. theyre generally used to hang up posters and lighter wall hangings instead of using nails or sticky-tac, but have also been known for semi-permanently fixing things like desktop organizers to desks, or whiteboards to walls.

amazon.com/3M-3m-mounting-square/dp/B00O1WF2WY

They will probably work for your dumbass meme wheel and pedals.

its similar to double-sided shitposting, but dumber and instead of a piece of webm, it's gifs. theyre generally used to hang posters and lighter thread derailings instead of using memes or spork-juct, but have also been known for semi-permanently ruining things like good discussion to /ovg/, or good racing in series.

amazon.com/dp/B01N1RIRIR/

They will probably work for your dumbass meme post and images.

GT3's at Hockenheim

gran turismo 2 > gran turismo 3

>Not Spa

Gr4 at Blue Moon Bay

>microtransactions in a full price title

FM7 has microtransactions?
I've probably got 70 hours in and never noticed.

Reminder that the BTCC cars got updated and they are more fun to drive now.
The changes are balancing the A4, getting the independent cars up to pace with the factory team cars and making the suspension not act like its a 2 by 4 block of wood.
And don't forget to send any skins you made.

>tcr when
Right now in Project CARS 2.

Nice derg vinyl.

Do I need to go through any hoops to join the OVGTCC or can I just add myself on the googl ducmnet and show up tomorrow?
Also, I suppose I send the livery to the adress in your name thingy.

>Hoops
What? Just put your credentials in the doc, download the stuff from doc and you are good to go. And make sure to include a veh with your skin, cause someone didn't.

Also you have around 12 hours for this week's deadline get to it if you want it for this race

dis thread is

kOOL

First and foremost you have to register for an /ovg/ license by sending an email to [email protected] with a picture of your real world bus card (drivers licenses are not allowed), a webm of rfactor running at over 5 FPS, your opinion on t or ñ, at least one kid pepe and a picture of your setup.
You should receive an email with a one time activation passcode for the Mumble server that you must join during all the races. Once on mumble send a PM to an emoji asking for the authentication codes so you can register your mumble account. Don't forget to create a very secure mumble certificate so no one will be able to usurp your identity within this community and store it on a 5.25" diskette that you will hide somewhere within your house. It's also recommended to start using a Veeky Forums secure tripcode so you won't be mistaken for a dirty ogc/discord shit poster.

To sign up for the race you'll need to create a secure rfactor account and tie it to a secure LiveRacers account for your amazing driving prowess to be recorded for posterity. Don't forget to save all your replays and make webms of every contact and pass you ever made then post them all in the thread, everyone will be thankful of having someone saving those /ovg/ moments for further nostalgia.

Thank you for your interest in joining /ovg/ and see on the track, racer!

>try out enthusia
>unlock a 2003 mustang
>give it a whirl
>exit a low speed corner
>spin out

10/10 realism, mustangs are never not crashing

enthusia is a fantastic game for its time

Cut a tennis ball and place the "cup" in place of the rubber cone in the metal cone holder.

still easier than registering for sim racing system.

picture would be better with some nametags on them

that's impossible. Shadow Government changes their nicknames ever so often in mumble to hide their identity. If you just join the mumble you'll see that there are different names there every time. They do this to obfuscate their identity from shitters.

How else would N.Thiim be able to race with us?

Don't think there are enough nametags for that huge table.

Okay /ovg/
I'm about to do it today
I'm gonna buy a G27 used
And it looks like it's good condition, not scratches no nothing
What else do I looks for?
I'm gonna plug it in see if it does the start up correctly
Then what? What else do I check for without disassembling?

if it works, it works. engines can get worn out, but you'll probably feel it if that's the case, plus that's not the case if if it doesn't look like a turd. plug it in, if it works, it works. you can check in driver if any of pedals jumps up in readings, you need to clean them if that's the case. nothing hard, but it gives you a good reason to get the price down

My favourite part of enthusia is how well it simulates autotragics. The SLR has silky smooth changes, while the eb110 has a slight delay, because its an H shifter car. And then you have full on Murica cars like the thunderbird that could only go to drive, to neutral and to reverse.

Ask him what games he played with it. I got a G27 for a fellow ovg member and I asked the dude what games he played. He only used it for an f1 game on ps3 so I knew the shifter was in perfect condition.

After that check the wires on the end of the plug in case you can see the inner coloured wires. If he has a pc, open the logitech profiler, set the rotation at max and check in the properties if it goes all the way around in both ways. Pressing one of the steering buttons while in that window will trigger an ffb test too so try thatvas well. Then check the pedals for the same thing and also see if the shifter registers all the gears plus reverse. You can also check the floor mat stopper as well. If its broken or missing, he might've opened the pedals in the past.

I cant think of anything else off the top of my head.

the audi is still a second faster than the other cars tho

At this point the A4 is sitting at a hefty 1200kg weight vs the 1055kg the rest of the cars are on. On pure hotlapping its gonna be faster, but it has a lower top speed now so a skilled fwd driver can keep up with them.
Any further weight adding is just gonna turn it to a pig.

RIP Shutokou Battle Xtreme: twitter.com/SB_XTREME/status/913267368284979200

Wow, that's barely a year.

and a skilled audi driver can still stomp everyone. The mods shit.

>30oz of liquor and caffiene
youtube.com/watch?v=_X_6cSq-lDo

wow fuck, they're definitely not doing a console game then

hahahaha

that is down to driver skill and setup
The Volvo is faster and lighter, if you can make a FWD setup that actually turns, the Audi is toast.

the real strength of the Audi is the battering ram potential

if you make the Volvo handle with more camber and toe in and stiffer ARB you'll cook the tires. They Audi is still by far the fastest car.

Tyre wear barely affects the grip, so you can go as wild as you want.

>tyre wear barely affects the grip
so it's -2.5 camber all around and max toe in front for EVERY car for the optimal setup.

Good mod

>2.5 all around
Try 4 in the rear.
Abusing setups is more of an rfactor thing though.

Why max toe in in front? Shouldn't you put max toe out so that the wheel inside will have an higher turning angle, helping you to turn?

toe in helps with the turn in, toe out makes the car turn in like shit. Some mods are fucked tho and have this reversed.

yes hello welcome to rfactor enjoy your stay
remember to run 1/1 wings and close your radiator opening until you start vaping just a little bit

toe doesn't affect turning angle significantly enough and you're rarely turning to full lock unless you're a scrub that destroys their tires with understeer.

Toe out helps with turn-in. It causes the car to oversteer under braking and reduces the slip angle on the outside tire. Toe-in makes for responsive steering, but because you are closer to exceeding the outside tire's limit of slip, it creates mid-corner understeer that ultimately results in a slower corner.
With excessive toe-out like is necessary with this mod, you will run into the problem of the inside tire exceeding its grip limits and spinning which either requires quicker diff locking or max ARB.

>toe doesn't affect turning angle significantly
yes it absolutely fucking does

>tfw no sim with electronic nannies for your safety

Thank you for explaining. FWD should require even more toe out because the front tires push inward when accelerating.

That's true in real life because there are mechanical tolerances of the steering and suspension that you are overcoming, but rFactor 1 does not model that.

Were you that anal about balance when touring car thursdays was running?

I remember that mod got the /ovg/bop treatment by giving all the cars the ability to equip the Lada's ebay turbo.

It was still a lada cup despite of that

>>toe doesn't affect turning angle significantly
>yes it absolutely fucking does
no it doesn't when the maximum amout of toe out to be gained is 1-3 degrees, your wheel doesn't turn in any more to the wheel well if it's limited by it.

As the original Touring Car Thursday host I have a small correction to this that seems to be a big misconception.

The VTCC mod had 2 engines, NA and Turbo. Both engines produced the same amount of power but their power curves were different. All cars in the mod used these two engines. Turbo engines were usually half a second faster per lap on tight tracks and NA's were faster on longer/faster tracks.

Some cars had versions with both engines while some of them came with both, the turbo update just gave every car both engine choices.

All the FWD cars had VERY similar chassis and stats and the biggest difference was stock setups. Lada setup was by far the fastest and easiest to drive from the get go since it was very near the optimal setup to start with. Coincidentally the fastest drivers of that series were using a Lada, mostly for meme purposes and because it was a pretty cool car.

All cars in the mod however were equally fast and could be made to use the same setups. I proved this during the original run of Touring Car Thursdays by lapping times on each FWD car within 0.5s of eachother.

The mods biggest flaw was the FFB which was a bit lackluster even with realfeel and the RWD cars were a lot harder to control when pushed to the limit.

>Some cars had versions with both engines while some of them came with both, the turbo update just gave every car both engine choices.
I accidentally a sentence.
Some cars had versions of both engines while some of them came with one.

We're not talking about vtcc though. It was merely an example.

I know, but I keep hearing and seeing this same misconception. Mostly because touring cars are running again but with a different mod.

very nice

yeah the ffb sucked a bit but the default skins included a russian volvo with #69 which is the single greatest car

LITERALLY nothing is stopping you from using the audi and battle those guys.

>hey guys let's all use one car and nothing else because that's a lot of fun
piss off

2 people + lancer who jumped in at the last moment used the A4. The rest of the field used everything else except the primera.

because of how boring it is you retard, doesn't change the fact that they handicapped themselves, refer to pic related

Have you thought that we just wanna have fun?

what if I told you that you could have fun AND balance?

>diferent cars handle and drive differently
AMAZING DEDUCTION SHEERLOCK
that’s why the series runner is bringing a bit of bop to make them closer.
Instead of just complaining, how about bringing a solution to the table? the Audi was at most .8 faster in race trim, with the added weight and the other cars getting their stuff sorted out should bring them closer, or do you want all of them to run the same car file as the Audi to make them the same?

Also it’s like you guys don’t remember how dominar was the Audi quattro back in the day. You guys complain about realisim but as soon a game comes near it, you guys cry BOP PLZ LELE.

The thread is so full of shitposting now that literally every single post should be taken as sarcasm

>Greeks are this stupid

Dumb funny greek man shouldn't have picked a mod from an era where one car dominated

And you are not forced to play it either

why these "simulators" hav such poor fizzics

did whoever made it actually publish it properly? I have N E V E R seen a copy in person, even when it was new

Snake Pass got ported to rFactor?

so ovg who's in for an F1 2015 realistic cars league?
me and an imaginary friend that's never showing up will be in both mercedes, everyone else get fucked

LEAVE GFIN ALONE

That’s no fun, the cars aren’t balanced, SHIT GAME guaranteed.

Fuk you
I want Hawaiian pizza now :(

not for me :^)

ONCE AND FOR ALL

WHAT WHEEL WILL ACTUALLY LOCK AS IN LEGIT LOCK THE DEGREES OF ROTATION DEPENDING ON THE CAR YOU CHOOSE?

IM TIRED OF THE G27 WEAK ASS "LOCK"

none of them because it would be retarded expensive to have an actual lock like that, using the FFB servos is the best way to provide a positive stop that is completely dynamic and arbitrary in its position, and you'd probably break physical locks with your tard strength anyway because you have autism

Logitech Driving Force Pro will if the degrees of rotation you require are 900° and 200°.

>no mx games that don't look like literal PS2 titles that have at least semi-realistic physics that have any Lucas Oil National tracks
>when Milestone inevitably get put in charge of making one as a follow up to their SX game the jumps will be to small

Thurstmasters have a very strong lock, it's not 100% so you can forcefully go over it but I never have.

your best bet is probably an OSW with its tard wrangling strength

Went to someone's house at 10 pm and bought this
The box is beat up but the rest is in flawless condition

>paying money for things
lmao @ ur life

I'm not a nigger
>he gets shot just for leaving the house
Lmao@u

what is OSW?

what's the strenght on the trusthmasters compared to weako ass g27 "lock"? seriously can't play this fucking thing with f1 cars i keep rotating longer than 270

oh and another thing i dont like about the g27 is that the deadzone sucks

when im on a straight line going 300km/k on a supra on street asphalt i expect to at least feel some rumble to make me feel like im on contact with the floor, the problem is that if you have it perfectly centered the wheel does fucking nothing so it feels like you are floating.

On the T300RS it's strong enough that you don't go over it unless you have retard strength and forcefully go over it. You can feel a definite lock. It's like 100 FFB on the lock limit which is pretty strong for the T300RS but probably much stronger on the T500RS