Find the car of my dreams on cl

>Find the car of my dreams on cl
>its automatic

>beautiful condition fd rx7/supra/TT 300zx
>its automatic

fucking this

Happening right now on my Local craigslist with a supra. they still want nearly 19K for it.

Fuck, if only there was a way to swap transmissions

fuck, if only you could just buy the desired vehicle and not have to deal with the hassle.

Thats because the manual one were beaten to death by idiot

If it is not the transmission you desire it is not your dream car. As with all desires, patience is your ally.

>Having to wait longer to buy and more likely having to pay more for a manual that was likely beat on by previous owners
Really boils the noodle

I know swapping transmissions is possible, but has it ever been a good idea?

Depends. With some cars it's as easy as adding the pedal and shifter, but with other cars the autos are actually spec'd differently than the manuals so you have to be veryyy careful. Not to mention any garbage you might run into with relays, sensors and the ECU. More than likely there will be a guide online to help you along, but just like with everything you do to your car be prepared to fuck something up.

>Find this board
>join discord
oh my lawd
autists bored

With some cars it’s easier than others. The main thing about buying an automatic is that the chances are that it wasn’t driven as hard as a manual car was. For example, there was a time where buying automatic NSX’s and swapping them to manual was significantly cheaper than buying an manual one of the same condition, this was before they all shot up in prices because of the new one.

>be me
>found 2016 Challenger, manual, V8, 26k, with less than 500 miles
>do math in my head with trade in and monthly payments, only $40 more a month.
>call, and they value my trade it.
>low ball the fuck out of me with 17k for a vehicle valued at 21k

Fuck... guess thats what i get for dreaming of having a fun car.

>find special model of a car I want
>it's 700 miles away from me

>Find the car of my dreams
>It's electric

>not selling the other car yourself
It’s like you enjoy being a cuck.

>Special
>700 miles
You have autism

Are you retarded??
Of course they're gonna give you less than what it's worth they have to resell it or send it to auction.

>Not telling them the offer isn't good enough
Why?

Fly out a d drive it back you dummy.

Well no, but the trade in idea was just convientent if they gave me a reasonable offer.
21k is what ive been offered at other dealer, its just that particular one lowballed the shit out of me and they have the only vehicle im interested in.

And you didn't tell them another dealer had a better offer?

Yeah because they wer gonna buy it and sell it ti that other dealer for a cool 4k profit for nothing

I'd buy an auto supra.
Only if it was a TT though

>find clean Boxster in preferred color with fairly low miles, full leather interior, IMS bearing replaced and all the options I'd want
>it has the awful tiptronic gearbox
RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS

10/10 b8

>not even dream car
>just something desirable
>is actually manual
>turned into a rice burner
People a shit.

quick question, im pretty new to cars and shit so i dont really understand the whole deal with automatic vs manual. could you explain?

Okay.

Not sure if bait or not, but here:
Manual transmissions give you direct control of what gear you are in, allowing you to use the powerband more.
Typically with older cars, the automatic transmissions were slushy, slow to shift, and tuned for economy rather than performance.

>transmission swap
alright let me just take out another mortgage on my house real quick

i am manual driver and not idiot, delete please thanks

The IS300 SportCross only came AT. Definitely a good idea to swap.

because retarded normies cant drive anything but auto and think trip/manual mode is "Manual"

Blame shifting demographics and carts marketed towards soyboys and roasties

>implying peabrains dont beat on automatics aswell
you don't win with either side of the coin

>saving for snowflake car
>see perfect one
>still a year away from buying it

why do i do this

>find the car of my dreams
>no title