>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Storyfag's imgur:
imgur.com/a/iNUlq

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/isM0Ty0j
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/FEV_research_notes
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4380/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So say there was no great war, no nukes, no nuclear apocalypse, what would life be like after 2077?

Boring.

Why do people like her? Shes litetally a disgusting druggie that always gets into trouble, also, she looks like a common whore

shit. go to the boston bugle building and take a read at the newspaper.

interment camps, mandatory curfew, rationing etc.
that advanced power armor? used on the streets for riot control.
the army was on the streets and basically got a free pass to shoot anyone they didn't like.
the goverment basically stopped trying to run the country and just hid on their bunkers, wating for the apocalypse.
not only was the goverment experimenting on people with all sorts of unethical things, they also let corporations do the same.

tl;dr worse than a 3rd world shithole

Reminder that Robert House is the greatest hope for Mankind and every other choice made in the Mojave is inferior.

^This

Even if the Great War didn't happen, the belief that it was, along with the resource shortages/resource war, had turned basically every major country into a third world shithole under martial law.

Even without the nukes, there would have been total civil breakdown due to the lack of resources able to sustain the current level of civilization.

Everything would have degraded over a century or two at least, to make up for it.

Fascism, but with a 50s aesthetic. See The line is "Cait an uggo and a shit. A shit!" Props for trying though. And don't you insult my waifu, that's heresy. See and Caitfag says it better than I can.

The bos are one of the few fleshed out sensible factions in 4. While I don't always agree with them I understand why they do things.

The mm make sense in some areas and are pants on head retarddd in others. I can understand why they need a strong figurehead, but they have zero contingency for when that figurehead dies. The whole thing unravels when the ss dies.

The rr is retarded and beats everyone over the head with anti slavery shit. They even give the sin of justifying the tute with libertalia.

The tutes goal makes sense but everything they do to accomplish it makes zero sense. For a collection of the most intelligent people in the commonwealth they do the most retarded shit then have the gall to ask "why" the commonwealthers don't just leave them alone wwhen the tute fuck with the surface constantly.

Umm no, sweetie. You see, he's a white male, and that's problematic. We need a strong, vibrant ghoul of color to lead the Mojave into a prosperous, diverse, multicultural society where Cesar's Legion, the NCR, and all the lovely tribes of the Mojave live in love and harmony!

Just think, when our world runs out of oil...

>House
>A good choice
>when everything he has done since waking up from his coma has made zero sense
Uh huh.

House is, bar none, the worst choice, in New Vegas.

Who are you quoting?

>The tutes goal makes sense but everything they do to accomplish it makes zero sense
Everything they do to accomplish their goals makes perfect sense.

I would honestly like to hear what you think they do that doesn't make sense.

I don't particularly like her but I like that caitfag is so dedicated to her. Makes me want to wish caitfag all the happiness I can befalls her and Cait. In my head caitfag and piperfag live in the same world, with piperfag tending the publick with piper and caitfag leading the mm with Cait as her second.

>The whole thing unravels when the ss dies.
Not really

The last general died like 40 years ago, yet they still remained an organized faction that whole time.

It wasn't until Quincy, which happened the year the game takes place, that they finally collapsed, and they only officially collapsed for a few months before reforming under the SS.

Everything rises, falls, and then rises again.

We see this exact same shit in every pre-war nation, and veen post-war ones like the NCR.

Saying they don't have any sort of sustainable system only underscores the whole point behind Fallout, which is that civilization isn't sustainable.

>we need pre war DNA
>we find a vault full of prewar DNA that could have a lot of medical uses
>let's kill them all except the baby and one parent
>we want the outside world to leave us alone
>we will accomplish this by fucking with the outside world constantly like poking a bees best
>we want to test a new crop
>instead of giving the seeds to Warwick let's body snatch him then plan to kill the whole settlement once the experiment is done

>Everything they do to accomplish their goals makes perfect sense.
The last time you said this you were laughed out of the thread by absolutely everyone.Do we really have to go through that song and dance again?

True the last general died 40 years prior, but the whole thing was unraveling since his death. Quincy didn't happen over night, it was inevitable. If the ss dies the mm won't turn to shit the next day, but it again is inevitable.

Why did kellogg kill the wife (player as male ofcourse) when he technically wasn't supposed to kill her?

and what's to say they don't create a contingency if the SS dies? That they can't learn from their mistakes in the past?

He just hates women.

I love her nipples

Because the plot demanded it. It's the only logical explanation as to why a trained professional killed an unarmed woman who had both her hands on a baby and made no threatening moves. Hell she only retreats further into the cryo pod, both hands still on the kid. The only reasonable explanation for the whole thing is the plot demanded it.

>let's kill them all except the baby and one parent
Actually, as mentioned, both parents were supposed to be kept alive.

Also, the FEV they used was tailored to Shaun's DNA, making anyone else but his parents, who shared similar DNA, nto a viable backup.

They also had all the records of Vault-Tec(which is how they found out about Vault 111, and Shaun, in the first place, and would thus know of any medical issues they had)

>we will accomplish this by fucking with the outside world constantly like poking a bees best
If you listen to the Director's recording from back during the time of the CPG and the Broken Mask Incident, after the fall of the CPG, the Institute spent the next 40 years doing nothing but hiding underground, staying totally out of the affairs of the people of the surface.

Despite that, the people of the surface kept thier own paranoia alive, and blamed the Institue on everything that happeend, even when it wasn't thier fault.

The Broken Mask Incident shot surface paranoia to new levels, and forced The Institute's hand into having to fuck with the surface to keep them too divided to allow them to attack The Institue.

Its actually a rather tragic story because The Institute had to become the evil the people of the surface thought they were, in roder to defend themselves against the previously baseless paranoia that they were evil.

>instead of giving the seeds to Warwick let's body snatch him then plan to kill the whole settlement once the experiment is done
Why on earth would they just GIVE Warwick the seeds, when anyone who does that would be seen as an Institute spy or w/e, and Roger would have thrown them out out of fear of
>MUH INSTITUTE!

You are acting like the people of the surface are shown as reasonable, and well adjusted, people.

They are not.

Because the only way that makes sense is if the ss sets it up. The mm suck as a faction because they are the only group who don't exist with out the ss. The bos would still do bos shit without the ss, the same for the rr and the tute. Only the mm hinge on the ss.

Because it was an accident, as mentioned like three times in the game.

He didn't mean to shoot to kill, he pointed the gun at her to scare her so she would let go of Shaun.

>new game with Horizon installed
>get to red rocket
>molerats pop out
>rek my shit
>hop on top of car so they cant attack me
>molerat burrows out of ground directly beneath me, causing the car to rocket into the air at 200 mph
>die instantly from the car atomizing me
IT JUST WERKs

I have absolutely no idea about what I am doing. Game started to crash when saving. I thought I was the Commonwealth Spawns mod, which was bloating the save files to 59mb, but I removed and it still continues to crash.

Pls help.

pastebin.com/isM0Ty0j

And where is the problem with that?
Is the SS doesn't join the minutemen, they fade away, and if he does, he works to make sure it doesn't all come crashing down if he dies. Sure it will eventually, but so will all factions.

You expect me to believe a trained shooter, who should know when to shoot, and how to keep calm under such conditions, "accidently" shot an innocent woman who, pretty much, would have cooperated if they letted her carry the baby.

Except the fact that prewar DNA could be useful outside of fev.

Even if all that shit were true and the tute were the innocent people they claim to be there's a reason why the saying you catch more flies with honey then vinegar exists. If you want the outside to trust you and not fuck with you being nice pays more dividends then fucking with people.

And why would you have to tell Warwick that you are from the tute? Send a synth posing as a trader and tell him about this new crop that is performing well even under subpar settings and any real farmer would pick up some of the seeds to try it out.

Are you saying the 100+ year old merc that has been fighting and killing almost his whole life shot a woman in the head by "accident" at a range of, what like 4 feet? He even says in his memories that killing her was better than taking the kid and leaving her alive.

Are you syaing misfires, even by trained mercs/soldiers, never happen?

Also, Kellog very likely did mean to shoot... but not her specifically. He likely shot to hit the side of the pod to scare her to cause her to let go of Shaun, her struggling an erratic movements caused her to get in the way of the bullet.

If he was trying to scare her with a gunshot he would've just shot it towards the roof, mot to mention given some time, she would've noticed the gun pointed at her

Anyone who is a trained professional like Kellogg doesn't misfire like that. Only in shitty fiction would a pro fire to scare someone in any direction where the bullet could connect. If you wanted to scare her why not fire at the ceiling or anywhere but right fucking beside her where she could catch the bullet?

Kellogg kills her because the plot demands it, not because it makes any sense in the game. We are lead to believe Kellogg is a pro merc, yet he acts as green as fresh grass in this one scenario. It's okay if you want to buy the bullshit excuse that it was an accident, but expecting anyone else to buy that is retarded.

>Except the fact that prewar DNA could be useful outside of fev.
For what?

The Institute are not geneticists, they are robotics people, they literally don't give a flying fuck about pre-war DNA outside of making synths.

>If you want the outside to trust you and not fuck with you being nice pays more dividends then fucking with people.
They did do that, they spent 40 fucking years doing just that, staying totally out of the affairs of the surface after the fall of the CPG, and people STILL blamed them for everything.

stay out of the affairs of the surface does nothing, because they The Institute was always a convenient boggyman for the people of the surface to blame.

Even if the Institute had died off in the 40 years between the Fall of the CPG, and the Broken Mask Incident, people would STILL be blaming them for shit by 2287, becuase the people of the surface have no reason to not blame them.

>And why would you have to tell Warwick that you are from the tute? Send a synth posing as a trader and tell him about this new crop that is performing well even under subpar settings and any real farmer would pick up some of the seeds to try it out.
>This trader I never met before, and never heard about ,gave me this crop that's doing well, despite the fact I have heard nothing about anything of the sort when there are only a handful of farms in the region
>Totally trustworthy and not an Institute plot guys!

Have you not played the game m8? Have you forgotten just how utterly paranoid everyone is about everyone they don't know being a synth?

>Kellogg is a grown ass man with a revolver
>instead of pistol whipping the mom/dad to try and get them to release the kid lets shoot them
>it wuz an accident
>he dindu nuffin
You are trying to rationalize a plot point that makes no sense. Stop.

>Anyone who is a trained professional like Kellogg doesn't misfire like that.
Real life disagrees, and its happened plenty of times to even the most experienced soldiers

I love this stupid as fuck straw man that always gets pushed around, not just here, but in fiction in general, where, any time an experienced whoever makes a mistake, it MUST be bad writing because pros NEVER fuck up... ever.

Despite the fact shit like that happens all the time IRL.

It just reeks of this fantasy idealized world, and/or simply wanting to find something to bitch about.

>its happened plenty of times
>happens all the time IRL.
[Source]?

Look up any number of articles/videos where people who have spent years using guns of all shoots accidentally shoot shit they didn't mean too.

Literally, you have to be brain-dead to not know that it happens.

If they don't care about prewar DNA then that's retarded. With the world going to shit and all the new biological dangers med science would be more valuable then robotics. It makes me lol even more that Shaun catches a case of the cancer because they don't focus at all on med science.

They failed with the outside because they focused on the wrong shit. Have all the gen 1 and 2s focus on raider clean up and it would have made a bigger difference. I'd say mutant clean up but that's the tutes fault.

Warwick settlement is small and out of the general loop. Intel that comes their way is old and out of circulation by the time traders come their way. Intel from traders is the only intel they get, so they would trust a trader that says these seeds are good shit, plant them and get some crop gainz .

Move the goalpost less than three times in two posts and maybe someone will take you seriously one day. Then again you play Fallout 4 so maybe not.

>Locomotive has no way to connect to other train cars
Bravo Todd

Why can making vault 88 be so counter-intuitive?
ALOT of stuff just don't snap right unless its the specifix part, take the corner railings for example.

I'm not saying accidents don't happen, but trained pros practice trigger discipline. Why did he have his finger on the trigger if he didn't intend to shoot the mother or father? Why fire a warning shot right next to someone when they are a foot away? Why not explain to them instead of demand they hand over their kid? Why not rescue the denizens of the vault and bring them to the institute to incorporate them as new sources to stave off inbreeding if nothing else?

>the guys who made bioandroids out of FEV enriched cloned tissue
>who made FEV expirements
>who have a whole division dedicated to genetic manipulations
>have no interest whatsoever in genetics
>have no use whatsoever in two dozen diverse samples of Pre-War DNA

>Wanting shitty looking paintball armor
Thank goodness it's neverever tier.

There's an extremely useful and therefore valuable material in the connector so they've all been scavenged over the past two centuries so fuck you.

t. peter hines

>With the world going to shit and all the new biological dangers
Have you played any of the Fallout games?

The great war killed off anyone who was predisposed to sickness, and the people wh survived bred a new race of people that are far more resistant to disease then pre-war people were.

This is why things like cancer are basically non existent, despite the large amount of radiation all over the place.

Natural evolution made everyone resistant to most diseases out there.

The most the avarage person gets on the surface is the ever infamous 6th toe mutation.

Medical science is largely useless in the Fallout world.

Shaun only got cancer becuase he was a pre-war human, and thus, lacked the 200+ years of general evolution that made most everyone else, including those in the Institute, resistant to radiation induced problems like cancer.

>They failed with the outside because they focused on the wrong shit.
Actually ,they failed because the people of the surface didn't want to trust them.

All purging raiders would do is cause the people of the surface to believe that after taking out the raiders, the true would come after them next

>Warwick settlement is small and out of the general loop.
This is demonstrably false, as the Warwick settlement rests at one end of one of the major merchant caravan routes.

I just wish the armor size wasn't dependent on under clothes in the base game. Shit fits like a trash bag because I wear something other then a harness under my armor.

What are the rules on killing BOS members in FO4 without that faction deciding to kill you on sight? I see BOS vertibirbs all the time and it's really goddamn tempting to slaughter them for their power armor and weapons. If I openly kill them, will I see repercussions? Or do I have to kill them while undetected?

>who made FEV expirements
For synths
>who have a whole division dedicated to genetic manipulations
for synths
>have no interest whatsoever in genetics
outside of synths, nope.
>have no use whatsoever in two dozen diverse samples of Pre-War DNA
Which would be useless in the post-war world were veeryone is naturally more resistant to disease and radiation then pre-war people were.

All the pre-war DNA would show them is just how much inferior pre-war people are to the post-war humans living right now.

And they can get that just be looking at shaun's DNA

You have to kill a named BoS memebr, such at those on the Prydwen, to make them hostile.

The BoS has no way of knowing it was you who killed their squad out in the middle of the wastes, so they wont go hostile.

Fallout 4 isn't like New Vegas where NPCs magically know everything you do regardless of if they have any actual means of knowing you did it or not.

>high agility
>lets you play pure FPS mode
>or full vats only

why is agi such a centralized "must have" stat

Best ENB.

Or maybe cancer isn't a problem because not many people make it to cancers golden age standard, let alone cigs are rare so the most common type of cancer aka lung is at an all time low.

If you think that the commonwealth people are disease resistant and that Bethesda just didn't want to program in diseases then I don't know what to tell you.

If they focused on raider clean up and people thought that they were next then eventually they would be let down when it never happened. If they only focused on raider clean up then those people who get others on edge about them being next would lose credibility when it never happened.

I finx it wierd how they don't in fallout 4, I mean, they have more instant communications in 4 than they have in new vegas

She's kinda cute in her own way, accent gives hard on too

Also during which quests do you have to decide which faction you're going for? I'm thinking railroad, which faction/s did you guys like and why?

And how to you add mods to your ps4 version? Is it possible even if haven't had a computer for 6 months because economical reasons.

It makes sense in some ways and in others it doesn't. If you killed a vertibird next to the airport then they should get the coms. If they died in the glowing sea it makes sense the signal doesn't reach.

people want "damaged" girls because deep down they find them to be easier to manipulate emotionally

same to the shy and timid girls weebs loves so much about the stereotypical asian woman

You just need a bethesda.net account to get mods straight from the game, but honestly, the only "good" mods are just cheats or adds more internal assets to the settlement building, for PS4 anyways

doesn't look like we're going to run out of oil before we successfully switch to renewables.
the damage done to the climate is the real problem at this point.

>If you think that the commonwealth people are disease resistant and that Bethesda just didn't want to program in diseases then I don't know what to tell you.
If you think I was talking only about Fallout 4, then you are retarded.

This has been true of every Fallout game back to Fallout 1.

Outside of STDs, and minor mutations like a 6th toe, major diseases like cancer have never been shown, or mentioned, to be a problem in the post-war world, in any Fallout game.

>they would be let down when it never happened.
That would just increase their conspiracy and paranoia that the Institute was working towards some master plan to wipe them all out at once.

Even during the 40+ years between the fall of the CPG, and the Broken Mask Incident, when the Institute was doing literally nothing to the people of the surface, they were still being blamed for everything.

It doesn't matter if decades go by with nothing going on, people will still blame The Institute for it because its an easy target to scapegoat all their problems on.

So I'm free to slay them to my heart's content so long as they're namelss shitters in the wastes? Sweet. Also, holy shit I saw a Gunner fucking steal a vertibird. Did I imagine that?

I like damaged women because my shit taste in humor wouldn't apply to a straight edge church girl. I like dark humor and most people don't think it's funny.

Then what if we run out of renewables...

Checkmate atheist

Cait an uggo and a shit. A shit!

No they not only develop new crops, which is obvious to any group who needs to feed a population with limited space, they are also obviously dedicated to all matters of genetic manipulation, medical research, partly because it improves future synth generations and partly because it has medical value.

The Robotcs division is entirely dedicated to Synth development, not Bioscience.Those guys do all matter of research, you stupid fucking aids infested windowlicking cocksucking nigger kike asshole retard.

No, Gunners and BoS do fight over vertibirds, and the Gunners do steal some after the BoS show up.

>not using no teleports

I think when Kellogg says killing her was an accident he probably just says that he probably shouldn't have been so rash.

And he knows that her death is the reason the SS is going to kill him.

Her death at the hands of Kellogg at least makes more sense to me, because he's kind of a dick, than the Institute shutting off everyone's pods for literally no reason. The Institute in some ways reminds me of the Enclave, but they kill more indirectly and most of them aren't bad people.

So won't be needing computer? I was thinking that bethesda.net have official mods and nexus all kinda of stuff for pc only ofc, is that correct? (Curious, don't know shit about modding.

> partly because it improves future synth generations and partly because it has medical value.
It's explicitly stated that all FEV development to improve synths was stopped decades ago, which is part of the reason why Virgil questions why the test continue, and is part of the reason why he tried to get the project shut down.

FEV was perfected into an idealized state back in 2224, according to the FEV research notes.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/FEV_research_notes

>This is Doctor Elliott, reporting for the BioScience division. March 2224. We just received another batch of... subjects... but as my previous report stated, we're at an impasse here. More of the same won't help. The two most promising strains of FEV have been adapted to an ideal state, but... we're still missing something.
>The two most promising strains of FEV have been adapted to an ideal state,

you should watch the developer video they did on it.
or a number of youtube videos on vault building.
while it is retarded, it's very doable once you've got the hang of it.

>Even during the 40+ years between the fall of the CPG, and the Broken Mask Incident, when the Institute was doing literally nothing to the people of the surface, they were still being blamed for everything.

Out of curiosity, like what? Which events within that timeframe are you referring to which the institute is blamed for?

Again just because it isn't shown doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You think they don't get colds or the flu? In an uncivilized society those are more dangerous then fucking cancer. What about diarrhea? Med science is more then cancer research.

And the reason for the paranoia being so bad is they went completely underground. If people saw them doing good regardless it would make the paranoia hard to justify.

>Out of curiosity, like what? Which events within that timeframe are you referring to which the institute is blamed for?
Eeverything in general

Nick tells us that the Institute has been blamed for most of the ills in the Commonwealth since the fall of the CPG.

ANYTHING that goes on that people think is bad is The Institute's fault.

Has been that way for the 100+ years Nick has been on the Surface.

Anyone else of the opinion that bethesda should abandon workshops and settlements in the next installment? Doesn't add much for me, i never liked games like Sim City, Minecraft etc you know

you're right user, this is so much better.

>If people saw them doing good regardless it would make the paranoia hard to justify.
That would imply people were level headed enough to not believe that the Institute wasn't only "doing good" to trick people into letting their guards down.

I don't care if they keep them now that most of the dev time for them was sunk into 4. They won't need to spend a ton of time improving them in 5 now that they laid the foundations in 4. I don't like settlements either, but I can see that some do.

>Eeverything in general
Oh so you're just making shit up to make a point.Gotcha.

Nope.

I liked settlement building becuase it was the first time in a Fallout game, a series about humanity rebuilding, that you could actually do something to help them rebuild, rather then just fight cliche blob monster, or evil cliche government stereotypes.

Why is there no fucking documentation on Sim Settlements?
Also, can I upgrade the agricultural plots?

shit, you're right. what if we catch too much sunlight? no sun!

I don't know that you can see them steal vertibirds from the brotherhood, but the gunners definetely have vertibirds. it's just extremely rare.

>Oh so you're just making shit up to make a point.
How is that making shit up?

Nick simply says the Institute is blamed for everything.

Its impossible to give specifics when specifics aren't given in the game.

Especially when its not needed.

I seriously don't get this at all
>Install about 20 or so mods, and testing after each install
>Install Authentic Burned man
>Crashes so hard I have to restart the computer
>Uninstall Authentic Burned man
>Uninstall every single mod
What the fuck did that one mod do that forced a clean install of NV?

>retards would still be paranoid
Well you can lead a donkey to water but you can't make him drink. If tards want to act like tards then you can't sink to their level and throwbshit back. What's the worst that happens, you lose some gen 1s while if you took action you'd lose the commonwealths trust?

Should have been greatly reduced or entirely cut to be a DLC for FO4 if you ask me.
But then they wouldn't have this pointless grindmill mechanic which adds (((hundreds of hours of gameplay)))

I like how the first shot with the PA and the vertibird looks decen, then its all downhill from there. early 3d is so interesting.

I really, REALLY wish there was a mod that showed corpses on the hud or a minimap, ala STALKER.

>What's the worst that happens
The same thing that did happen, the people's belief that the Institute was out to get them reaches such a high level the Institute becomes forced to actually go after them to protect themselves.

Would have been better to have a scripted mechanic where settlements you have helped through quests start growing, caravans expand, etc
Instead of having a deskfan collector simulator where you build little shacks for the 5 generic sameface NPCs to walk into walls.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4380/?

I use this and it really helps

>they go after the gen 1s
>the institute just makes more
Again it's not like you are actually losing real lives user. Sure it's annoying but they are just robots.

you have to watch the videos on his channel
there's also a wiki now but I haven't checked it since I've been playing since the beggining and thus have watched all the videos as they came out

also: yes you can

>the institute just makes more
Making more isn't exactl a viable solution given how strappedfor resources The Institue is.

Art of the reason they developed FEV into synths was to make them quasi immortal so they didn't break down all the time like Gen 1/2 synths did, which was a massive waste on resources.

My headcanon is that over time the cybernetic enhancements in Kellog degraded his sanity and intelligence, mainly due to their expirimental nature and his own rough style of life. So some of the things he did that seemed questionable near the end of his life is explained that way