Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044
New 4.1.0 Oook.cz comp which no one from here will play:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php
URR (non-)update:
ultimaratioregum.co.uk/game/2017/06/24/burnout-and-the-future/

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>in case /dcssg/ ever wants to play games other than crawl online
roguenex.us/ (CDDA)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21430#issuecomment-315647357
smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=3310.75
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

play poschengband you shitters

I don't feel like grinding.

*recalls to deeps*
*hastes during recall*
*creates doors*
*detects*
nothin personnell dungeon

>not being a mage of craft
>not casting regeneration, heroism, seeinvis, elemental branding, telepathy, resistance, haste, weaponmastery, magicarmor, passwall, immunity, and mana branding
>not macroing all this shit to your function keys and just rolling your face on the keyboard whenever it's time to refresh buffs

I do use macros for my casting and some other things though

besides, sorcery gets to literally >*teleports behind you* and that shit is cray cray

Does anyone play DECj?

If so how can you make it work?

train the conjuration skill, and then cast your conjuration spells at enemy monsters in order to reduce their hit points to 0

github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21430#issuecomment-315647357

Remember me to not doubt you in the future, user.

how the FUCK is a mage supposed to defeat Mennas? That faggot is both faster than me with haste, and can constantly cast silence over and over and over and over and over again. What is this bullshit? Fuck this faggot and fuck Zin.

It's unrealistic that a battery that can start an entire car doesn't have enough power to run a minifridge forever. Therefore I propose that there should be a startup option so that people can choose between realism and game balance.

This kevin guy sounds like a fag

hello i am elliptic and i approve of this message

Oh he a fag

NO. HE. DOES. NOT.

smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=3310.75
>Boatmurdered introduced me to df.
>df brought me back to roguelikes.
>Roguelikes brought me to cata.
>Boatmurdered is the crazy step-uncle of DDA.

Blame the goons.

Take a shot everytime Kevin says "Working as intended"

recognize a dangerous situation at the beginning and start running away BEFORE you spend 5 turns mashing spelltab
you can read blink or tele when he first appears before he gets into silence range (holding tab until he gets close enough to silence you fucks you over here, of course)
and even if he DOES silence you:
he's not faster than you with haste, he's the same speed as you with haste
so you can drink haste and then literallywalkaway to the nearest

If he doesn't want to have a new mod for every new feature that people doesn't like. I vote for making the "no Kevin changes mod" as said.

This is kind of understandable, since if you allow players to opt out of a new change, no one actually tests the thing. See: bionic slot limits

It's funny since some of his positions would actually be reasonable if he didn't say them in the most angry autist way.

Gnolls got changed in Crawl again and they're even worse than before. 7/7/7 attributes that are not changed by anything, including backgrounds, gods, potions and items. You get flat +3 apts on everything but it's hard to enjoy them when everything shits on you starting from D:4.
They finally pushed this change live and finally made gnolls unfun for the entirety of the game.

In cataclysm, how do I tell what gear is and is not comfy without trying it?

By the body part it covers.
Shit is uncomfy if it covers mutant plant body parts.
Mutation-friendly parts may still be kosher, though. Shit like foot wraps.

Oh shit, I think it was from something covering my flowers.
Which is real inconvenient. How dare the mutation be all green and happy.

Also, the foot wraps feel bad on my roots, so I think mutation-friendly parts aren't kosher.

Wear your rainbow-colored garlands with pride, sister (male).

See, this is why I make my survivors ladies.
Now to ponder how I'm going to survive the winter, other than just camping inside somewhere and eating dirt while passing time in the most boring manner possible.

>not making beautiful characters with cat ears, cute fangs, sundresses, and maid (male) profession

Sorry, I'm too busy making pretty female unwilling experiments.

>tfw hooked on Demon again
No victory for the 16th. I went hiking.

Cast firestorm.

Ocean man
Take me by the hand
To the land
That you understand

What do you think user is thinking about in that pic next to gigantic slime?

Ocean man
The voyage to the corner of the globe
Is a real trip

He's disappointed since he expected the slime to be a cute slime girl instead of an amorphous blob.
He's contemplating sticking his dick in it anyways.

It's a slime demon of disease.
This would be more of a "risky behavior" than getting barebacked in a russian heroin junkie squat

>raiding a science lab
>too cold despite having warm clothes
>"fuck it, wearing down-filled blanket will fix everything"
Or maybe not.

Nigger, that's an ice lab.

Nothing barring a power armor will protect you from the cold.

Ice labs can have temperatures below absolute zero if you go deep enough.

>temperatures below absolute zero
Wait, isn't it that roguelike which wants to go full realism?

No, it's that roguelike where head dev wants to make players' lives as miserable as possible with tedium and badly designed "features" that he excuses with
>it doesn't make sense that you can wear unwashed clothing with no penalties
while gaping holes in realism, such as mosquito bites re-breaking almost mended broken limbs, are "working as intended"

Then, when someone wants to fix the gaping holes in a way that doesn't make players' lives more miserable, he requires very strict design standards.
But when the fix is a bandaid that causes more problems than it fixes, it will be merged despite repeated complaints from the playerbase.

Well, I guess it cannot be that bad if there is still a playerbase who even leaves comments, suggestions, adds fixes etc.

May I ask what are we talking about? I thought it's Crawl Stone Soup at first.

More than just playerbase: there are people willing to fix this shit for him and actually offering complete fixes.

>I thought it's Crawl Stone Soup at first.
DCSS has a head dev who fucks thing up too?

>DCSS has a head dev who fucks thing up too?
Where have you been living for the past year or so?

Hello Coolthulhu.

I thought it has a band of like-minded devs who all agree to fuck things up, not one person who does it against everyone else.

Oy vey shut it down

DCSS is the band of like-minded devs that wants to fuck things up.

CDDA is one person who goes against everyone else.

None. It's just a dumb background these days with battlesphere scrapped. Unreliable AOE which main use is single targeting, an interesting and tactical AOE that is dual schooled with a spellschool no one will ever use, a lvl 1 spell that's basically useless. What redeeming points do Conjurers have? Dazzling Spray? Force Lance? lmao

rate my DElf muts

Then what should I pick to be a magic-only character?

FE, duh

An Earth Elementalist of course. It has none of those pretentious spells that's only practical use is to be amnesia'd. Very straightforward except for a single but quite versatile tactic of petrify+LRD

>mfw DDA draws 3 times faster with software rendering than with accelerated

>Gnoll
The dog is now literally dogshit
I really hope you like eating because spellcasting with 7 int causes a shitload of hunger

dead from alcohol poisoning thanks buddy

>gnoll

>spellcaster route
>lol 7 max int

>tabber route
>lol 7 max str

>stealth route
good luck stabbing OoF

The neko is not amused by this, i really dont get what were they thinking with this.. If it were 10 flat stats no matter what then maybe it would have been ok, but 7? Even tho the 777 is THE number, im sure someone gets the reference

I am going to try to kill Morgy /rlg/. I fucked up and stepped on an alarm, but thanks to Vanish I managed to lose and isolate him. Im gonna try the usual throne room slaying fiesta and see if I do enough damage, if I dont I'll grab more Sils and GTFO.

AT LAST

I swear to fucking Vehumet if I splat in the first floor of Tomb again I'm quitting Crawl for good

In Brogue, what's a good way to make an ally stay behind without using items?

Hmm, mayyyyybe its possible? I put 10+ glyph of warding in the corridor, I tried to attack him after clearing the room but it was too hard to make damage stick while kiting him so I reset the fight and try it this way.

What the fuck?! Mummy curses are actually lethal now? There goes another 3 hours down the drain

Curses were always lethal, werent they?

Well no again he's regening too fast now that I have to run away. It's certainly possible but I invested too much in stealth and perception, cant shoot him point blank because my evasion is shit, and I'd need high will for song of mastery (and maybe crippling to work?)

There were some tweaks about mummy curses some time ago. Might have something to do with that

Food is the least of your worries when spellcasting with 7 (seven) int

It used to be 5/5/5 when it was tested, so it's after a buff already.

It's not a buff because those 5/5/5 could be influenced in some way

Nope, the 5/5/5 was also fully locked. There was a commit to enable stat choice later on, but the devs left that one out when they merged into trunk.

So what are you even supposed to do with such low stats?
Spam evocables and pray you have enough charges to get you through the game?

You can still tab things with 7 str. Just always ensure secure your escape route/s and methods

DCSS is so fucking long and tedious. I really like the sprints because every corridor is meaningful as opposed to the vast halls of what is essentially grinding.

It's still fun but there's so much grinding in between fun gameplay

That's just masochistic if it was also fully locked. And the apts were also diminishing to intolerable amounts during that?

No, apts don't scale in any of the stat locked versions. It's +3 on everything from 0.0 to 27.0

I've got a Monkey ally and an empowerment wand. Nothing else yet.
Do I get Firebolt 4/4, Conjuration 3/3, or Haste 3/3?

ded?

Is there a Conan the Barbarian feeling roguelike?

Good for you, but I don't think anybody cares.

MiBe

>DCSS

Thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoyed the tranquility

Firebolt
then zap yourself with it to make all your melee attacks do bonus fire damage

>Be Gargoyle Earthmage
>Cleared Elves and first rune
>Still no See Invisible
>Second rune is Spider

So Ghost Moths could royally fuck me over. Can I just skip the rune and get the second rune in the abyss? I feel like this would be really hard especially for a caster as you can't always rest for mana

If I become planty enough, will plants stop being hostile to me?
CCDDA, if you didn't realize.

Nope
At least not all plants

>not all
What ones DO become friendly?

Looks like none
But having flowers makes monsters in bee faction (not wasps though) give you roughly 2 extra turns of grace period before they decide to fuck you up for being near them.

go clear out Vaults to 4, should be easy

you already have the 1 rune for the Vaults entrance, so you don't need any more until you want to enter Zot

just do Spider to 3 and come back for 4 after V:4, at which point you'll probably have the gear to deal with it and even if you don't you'll be overleveled

Rude.
They just want to suck your nectar.

How many rats can make it? 1.

Playing tome4 on insane for the first time.
>half of all enemies are rares with a mile-long list of talents
How is this supposed to be playable? I can't read through all of that shit for every fucking enemy

... 1. Make that 1.

You quickly learn to scan for buttrape abilities and ignore the others.
There are many rare classes which do not have buttrape abilities at all.

Why do metal arrows have a higher armor pierce, range, and damage than sharpened metal arrows?

Like... am I misreading this or are metal arrows just flat better in every way than sharpened arrows?

fak

Why is early game the hardest part?

Cant work with as many resources

Can I be hacked from online crawl. Will I get viruses? Do I need an email