/mmg/ - Mega Man General

Mega Maker Edition
Thread No. 175
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread
>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic, Manga, other printed media
pastebin.com/VQbnMXGe
mega.nz/#F!G8VjXSjY!HigLekH1YRxozZQwgsu7EA (fixed artbooks.)

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/6iYqEkM2
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
pastebin.com/Uq6Wi9Ms

>Our booru!
mmg.booru.org/

>Here's our discord chat
discord.gg/93tPPf2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9CzkswHHxQI
youtube.com/watch?v=Cx1J2CzNnS8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GOOD NIGHT, /mmg/.
DAY-CHAN IS SUPER CUTE WHEN SLEEPING TOO!
I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE SWEET DREAMS TONIGHT!

you too, Daytona user

He's even cuter when he's sleeps forever thanks to GV, Joule's one true love.

Just wanting to point out that there is definitely more than one kiddy diddler because I'm one of them

/mmg/ never fails to disappoint

zereo hours, etc..

Actually, lots of people here could be considered kiddie diddlers since most of the characters are teenagers.

like who?

Well, Viper is 15 years old. X is programmed with a mind of a 15 years old too.
Axl is clearly a teenager.
Ashe is 14-15 also. So does Vent and Aile in ZX.

When you consider that Vile had to be created after X, then...

Probably, Vile does act like a jealous, teen edgelord.
The kind that wears hot topic and a trench coat to class.

>X is programmed with a mind of a 15 years old too.
And then he ages by decades and later, centuries. Just because he keeps a similar look doesn't mean he hasn't changed on the inside.
Plus, imagine someone who was 15 forever. That would be awful, teenagers are the worst.

>Viper is 15 years old
Reminds me once again of how much I hate that anime does this so much. The characters in the game act like they're at least in their 20s but anime law dictates that everybody must be 17 or younger no matter how things are.

Who knows? X did a lot of shit decisions that a proper adult wouldn't make.
Plus, the image of X showing up in "16 and pregnant" is hilarious.

He is also around 170-180 cm tall. What japanese teenager is that tall?

I still love him a lot tho.

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO BEAT THE SHADOW DEVIL

triad thunder and gittin' gud

What if I'm doing a Zero run?

sorry man, I can't help you there

All the characters are fun, I just don't like the forced teenage thing. I actually went through the whole first game thinking most of the characters were adults.

It's called MegaMan X, stop playing as the girl.

To be fair, it ain't as if adults are known for ace decision-making.

bump

>tfw no Nightmare X

blini

youtube.com/watch?v=9CzkswHHxQI

I could be sleeping right now.

From previous thread

>182888697
>OHKO projectiles in boss fights
I don't remember where that is, do you mean Yoku Man ? Anyway maybe not projectiles, but in MM4 there is that boss room where all the walls are spikes and a single faux-pas is death. In MM5 there are spikes with the Wily Press too.

>Rainbow Man is built fucking ENTIRELY around them.

Yeah, but it's not as bad as Quickman, in Quickman when you learn the stage, each room you enter you don't have time to analyze the situation AND move quickly enough, and in most rooms if you enter in the wrong spot (and sometimes a spot 16° pixels next to the right spot is the wrong spot) you're dead either way. In Rainbow Man it's hardly as bs and there are more down times.

>What were some "gotcha!" moments in the Classic series become a broken record repeating into infinity because he can't come up with better ways to keep you playing that is not resetting you to the nearest checkpoint.

Not compared to MM9, and it's obvious Unlimited is heavily inspired 9, probably wouldn't exist without it at all.
In any case, in both games, the instant deaths are fair. They're introduced in a way that you can quickly understand, learn, and know what to expect. They're varied, not only because there are many different types, but because each type keeps being exploited in new fun ways. For instance the part with moving platforms with death pits everywhere and small missiles coming at you at the same time, not only that felt like a refreshing take on the formula, but it's always fair, you always have the time to see the projectile coming, stop the paltform, and shoot.

I honestly don't remember many deaths where I thought it was bs and it wasn't me playing badly, except maybe those includings jumps with death traps that are several screen long, because you barely have time to see what's coming, but that's also the case in the original game, and the checkpoints are always close in those cases.

I laughed more than I should have, you fuck.

On contrary, I remember my "deaths by damage" more.

>You have pits all the time in that level, and then you realize they're there because he's really hoping to high hell and heaven one point or another an enemy projectile hits you mid-air so you have to go through a do-over that feels arbitrary as hell because it's in nearly every single screen.

I haven't played his MM Maker stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was worse than MMU, simply because MMM providesmuch more limited and limiting tool.

What i am a girl?

Whoring out my level. First one, hopefully its not too easy/boring.

The Zero run's even harder.

I... What?

I need more X games in my life.

Same, shame the series stopped after X5.

I kinda thought it was weird to release a JRPG like, 8 years after the last game, but it was fun nonetheless.

>I don't remember where that is

>Yoku Man
>Rainbow Man
>TNT Man

>I don't remember where that is
That seems to speak volumes why you think the game is so damn good. It's also a very recent one to have nostalgia googles clouding your memories of it.

>Yeah, but it's not as bad as Quickman
This is pretty fruitless and ends up as an amazing discussion whether manure or shit smells worse. The segments in Quickman are at the beginning and end so you can just prepare for those better as opposed to every time, nearly every single screen.

>I honestly don't remember many deaths where I thought it was bs and it wasn't me playing badly
Well, you also couldn't remember OHKOs to begin with so I wouldn't put much stock in your memory to be perfectly fair.

Also all this "it wasn't the game being a dick, it was my fault" edges dangerously close to battered wife syndrome with all the naturally catalogued dick moves MMU features.

But if those disappearing SPIKES are what's good in game design, hey, sure, why not.

>I haven't played his MM Maker stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was worse than MMU, simply because MMM providesmuch more limited and limiting tool.

>It's Mega Maker's fault!

OK I said battered wife syndrome above but I think it's backwards. Is the guy your waifu? Sounding like it.

You provide 0 counter argument and step into the territory of "insults" and "i'll put words you didn't say in your mouths".

As for my memory, the point was I can clearly remember tons of great design in MMU but very few instant deaths particularly shocked me.

You know what, I might just replay MMU one of these days and try to replay it with an open mind.

BTW just a detail but putting Trinito Man in the same category of "OHKO" as Yoku Man sounds hypocritical to me

I saw a video where a guy said X6 is worse than X7. How is it possible to have such awful taste?

The fag who's channel starts with J or something? I saw the video too if that's the case, shit-tier reviewer desu.

Yeah.

The video has pretty much everything I hate of wannabe game reviewers.
>Title implies he's gonna make a solid observation on the design of x7 compared to x6's
>Long as fuck but with no substance
>Lack of eloquence, takes too long to state the obvious
>No sense of humor or charm when shitting on the game's failures, just acts like an angry kid for multiple minutes.
>Spends like 10+ minutes discussing the plot of a fucking MMX title
>Acts as if he has a clever point when he says people who think X7 is bad because X isn't playable from the get go/3d sections are wrong and that the issue is the execution of those ideas, like no fucking shit Sherlock

But X7 controls like shit, X6 still felt like an X title in that regard.

can we make custom soundtracks for MEGAmaker yet?

Tried dumping some nsf files into the game's music folder but that didn't work. The game uses single track nsf files instead of the usual nsf files with an entire soundtrack on it. Maybe that's the difference. Personally never messed with nsf that much. Are music tracks send over with created levels?

Also when are we getting a MEGA maker X?

>girl
>on the internet

>spend like 6 hours on creating a super nice level in my own opinion even though i never liked classic megaman.
>playtest the level and find out it's slow as fuck because map is too big
>spend another hour streamlining the entire thing, gradually removing everything that makes it look good
>still runs like shit because it's related to map width+height, not so much the contents

fuck. I was curious how veteran mm fags would like it too

so this is how the classic cast died

>Also when are we getting a MEGA maker X?
When you make one.

>Having that kind of mentality in this day and age
Yawn.

Just upload it. The original version.
Fuck the slowdown, it'll probably get fixed at some point.

no one cares

mm casual here. Seemed similar to a typical mm level. A bit on the empty side, but otherwise challenging. The sky section was kind of scary, but didn't die. Died once at the 'E' tank and at the boss.

Sorry, forgot it was current year.
>person born with two x chromosomes
>on the internet

I think pointing out your memory is full of holes is quite objective, and if how every issue is just swept under the rug as "I didn't remember it being bad" doesn't lend itself to great discussion either.

It's board banter, try not to take it so personally or not to seem to have such a huge boner for the guy who made the game.

>BTW just a detail but putting Trinito Man in the same category of "OHKO" as Yoku Man sounds hypocritical to me
I have no idea which is worse, the guy who keeps spawning one hit kills during the fight or the guy with a dildo that is about as big as his torso that you can hit three times as accident and die on the fucking spot, but I have no desire to make that distinction either other than saying both are terrible ideas.

oi. Chill out motherfucker. I hardly come here anymore and it's because of shit like this. I just want to chill out and share levels with mm oldfags. If you want to talk shit I have the perfect thing: youtube.com/watch?v=Cx1J2CzNnS8

I don't have the original. But i can probably restore it to it's old glory and upload it then. Thinking i might be able to speed the game up with cheat engine.

>I hardly come here anymore and it's because of shit like this
no one cares

I've never watched it, but Youtube kept trying to make me watch the guy's reviews by recommending it all the time.

So I was amused to see that he changed X6's title from WHY X6 IS THE WORST GAME EVER CREATED for his review to WHY X6 IS MY LEAST FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME in a short span of time.

Get fucked you cancer motherfucker. I hope you die. You deserve to be treated like shit. Fucking asshole. Go DIE DIE DIE DIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Christ, calm down user.
Why can't we just chill and be nice to each other anymore? Where's Woodman when we need him?

Fuck u want bitch nigger

X6 is barely a game, at least X7 tried to do something with what it had.

Just ignore and report

bump

bump

I'm weirded out.

k

k,then.

>X6 is barely a game
Wew lad

I've felt much frustration to it so I'm inclined to agree.

So I'm playing Zero for the first time.
Can someone explain to me what's the deal with those elfs? As apparently the "big icons" are passive ? I fed 1250 to one for added strength adn 1000 for "double vitality", but I see absolutely no impact, there is also no stats whastoever, and now those elfs demand even more feeding for the same result?

Also most recommend Elfs? Do the sequels improve on this mess?

>I think pointing out your memory is full of holes is quite objective

Is it so hard to comprehend we've had a different experience playing MMU? I don't remember being bothered by the instant deaths, it's not something that struck me, so I'll be remembering other points first. Like level design as a whole, and enemy design as a whole as well, feeling truely classic. In my opinion MMU reached a level comprehension and recreation of what makes classic MM, to a point no other fan made game or romhack I've played did.

Explains a lot.

On the MMU thing, I forgot to add. I remember after MM9 came out, I was absolutely in love with the game (to the point I -almost- pulled off the "beat the game without being hit achievement) and I was quickly surprised at how so many people complained about the spikes and other instant deaths.

>he doesn't know how to DOWNLOAD ELF and use them
C'mon now

>Is it so hard to comprehend we've had a different experience playing MMU?
Absolutely not, but flat out forgetting some very striking points of the game design while trying to defend it doesn't lend credibility either.

>to a point no other fan made game or romhack I've played did.
That one Rozen game was actually pretty solid

How is a difficult game not a game?

there's a difference between difficulty and artificial difficulty

>Rush.Exe was supposed to be a Legends character.

I wonder why he was cut out

Because Data > Rush

>Rush is a 25-years old man.