Really fun, excellent car.

SW20 is ugly and pigfat

Its a dumb piece of trash you mean?

nah

its alright as a car its just the worst MR2

Im talking about the looks the looks are a dumb piece of trash

yeah I think its a dumb piece of trash

Also the SW20 ripped of the Venom SX's design

For the price of one you can buy 4 Miatas and have more fun. It's an overrated POS

You can get the N/A ones for roughly a same price as 1.8 NB miata, without hardtop. Europe though.

The AW11 ripped off the X1/9, and it actually exists.

Depends on where you live. NAs and NBs are getting up towards 5k. AW11s are 2k cars because nobody wants them and SW20s are 4k-5k.

yup
the competition if you want a similar mid-engine car is really down to an old Fiero (of which there's really only one "good" Fiero made, the last year it was in production) or a old Porsche Boxster/similar.

The car is fun as fuuuuck, all 3 gens, ask me how I know

snap oversteer

Th car turns

okay, how do you know?

Every MR sportscar until late 90s was. Get stiffer front suspension if you don't like the prefered handling characteristics you weak faggot. Noone but shitters were complaining about turbo 911s.

AW11=god tier
SW20=shit tier
ZZW30=gay tier

If there is ever a new MR2 = trans tier

AW11=poorfag tier
SW20=shit tier
ZZW30=god machine

aw11 styling is sex, it's lightweight, it's got a 4age so you all know it's a tested and true drivetrain.
sw20 is pigfat but good looking.
zzw30 is nearly as light as an aw11, way better tech, safer, and the best of the three. swap in a 2gr and you got a HOT LITTLE CAR.

Why do I think the SW20 looks the best?

3rd gen might be gay but it is the best chassis out of any of them

baited

Because it does.

I don't get the snap oversteer meme. I ride a motorcycle. If you lean more than a degree on cold tires, on cold roads, and get on the throttle even a little bit in a turn it will slide, snap back, and put itself on top of you. If you come into a turn on the throttle and then chop it even a little bit, the front tucks and you end up on top of the motorcycle.

And yet, I don't do that.

Is not going through turns smoothly a car driver thing?

>zzw30

but convertible.

I had pic related as a kid.
I'm 6'3" now and it's all leg, so no MR2 or even Miata funcars for me.

>not swapping in 2JZ to get poor man's NSX.

thats really one of the reasons the ZZW30 is best

fuck off with faggy ttops

besides hard tops exist

I'm 6'3" all leg and I can fit in a miata. At least the first one and the newest. Z4 is also an option.

Hard tops cost as much as the fucking car m8.

Also what the fuck was with that clutchless, automatically rev matchinhg sequential transmission? What's wrong with having a real one, with a clutch?

lol what the fuck

2JZ would be retarded tier if you could even pull it off

you use a 2GR

that was literally one model that had that transmission

and who cares about the cost

>and who cares about the cost

theres poor people in africa who need transport

>who cares about the cost
>could buy a used porsche for MRS+hardtop money and have a car good enough to make the gayvertible features a non-issue

well they arent looking at sports cars now are they

lol Boxsters are lame as fuck who gives a shit and hardtops cost $700

Id rather have a $5000 MRS over a $5000 Boxster

>hardstops cost $700

Fucking where?

Duraflex faggot

$720

or are you a tard that will spend $2000 on a oem piece

give me a link to where i can add an oem hard top to my cart for $720
ill wait

l2read

They're addicting, there's a reason why nobody owns just one mr2
Really, all mid engine adrenaline junky cars are addicting.

>duraflex
kek

give me a link faggot
you cant even post a picture of a hard top mr2 properly

>pls spoonfeed me even though you posted a pic and brand

show enough interest and people will make your cheap shit

>post a pic and a brand
So that means you should be able to easily link me to the site right

there is no link dipshit

you get a bunch of people to show interest and get it made by some nice company

did that shit to get T3 manifolds made for F2 engines since no one made them and tadda now you can buy them for cheap as hell

there's no link because it doesnt exist faggot
this isnt even specific to mr2s
There are already hard tops you can buy that are cheaper than OEM without having to to a group buy or preorder

>not even an mr2

>buying a cheap hard top
ishygddt

you people are retarded

didnt say it was a MR2

S2000s had OEM hard tops and people also want retarded money for them but you can just get that for $700

its called an example fucktards

The pop-up headlights on mine have gravy inside them

The stock body lines are meh considering its a 2000s car, but if i manged to get my hands in this curve ad kit id get a zzw30

S2000 oem hard top is rare , that's why it can go from $1,500. - 3,000

>HURRR snap oversteer DURRR
Anyone saying this has never driven a MR2. I absolutely guarantee it. You watched RCR's videos and BOOOM your comment on snap oversteer just joined the shit list of worthless comments on the bullshit snap oversteer comments on Veeky Forums. It's all sad, very sad indeed.

Sure the possibility for snap oversteer is there but it still takes a combination of at least two of the following to happen: 25 year old suspension that is fucked in some way, shitty tires and the driver doing something retarded. The last one is always involved and the primary reason for it and the first two points can be easily fixed for good. Seriously with lowering springs or updated roll bar the car has perfectly balanced handling and if you ever manage to get into slide they are very controllable.

If you want some actual nitpicks and minor problems here are some that you may encounter:
Door-sills and the lower parts of doors themselves are prone to rust.
People talk about leaky T-tops and dashboard rattle, I have never had the former but latter is a thing in certain conditions.
Brake calipers can seize up sometimes especially the rear ones.
Car is very sensitive to uneven tire pressure (left and right) especially on the front axle.
"hose from hell" may be a thing on the turbo models.
Be prepared to spend some time and money to tune out the power understeer if you have 93+ suspension on N/A MR2

t. someone who has owned a 1993 N/A MR2 for 5 years.

Why are miata cucks so delusional and insecure?

Looks n̶i̶c̶e̶ like a dumb piece of trash

Those non oem hard tops are shit and don't fit as well as oem. You have a sjit ton of squeaky noises and rattling from non oem hard tops hense the price

Post ur shitty midship runabout two seater

yeah and MRS hardtops go for about the same

Overrated, n/a version is underpowered, styling is not that great

Though admiteddly I haven't driven one

Thats unfair you say it sucks even though you didn't drive it give it a fair chance.

She's cute

Looks like a dumb piece of trash.

Why are you being mean

Much worse than an FD, having driven both

Because your saying that a car is a person thats weird if you need more info watch this youtube.com/watch?v=mbPSFgnnfQw

Wow, a movie for kids is stupid and unoriginal, this guy's a genius.

No he says that anything about cars/calling cars people are stupid.

Fuck me in my tight mr2 ass

ew cars are lame furrries r better

Holy shit the backpedaling is real

The virgin Riced MR-2 Vs the Chad Expressway Legend

No he doesn't and why would I care if what some loser youtuber says

Lets be honest it looks better then the stock zzw30.

I have that shit transmission in my MR2, and yeah, it's inferior to just having a stick, but it's nearly as comfy as an automatic in traffic jams and IIRC it's the only way you get cruise control on the 3rd gen MR2.

(The above is mostly cognitive dissonance because a swap costs more than my car so I get to live with the SMT forever regardless, so I might as well find the good points.)

my friend's sw20

Fuck off Alex

Doesn't the 1ZZ burn oil

here you go

Then you can fuck my loose otter ass

Yes and it's low powered af that's why people pop in a 2zz which it should've come with stock but Toyota is stupid. Or people swap in a K20 to make real Powaa

It's a corolla backwards with the wheels welded straight, so its pretty cool.

Here you go.

Anyway mine is 1993 N/A one with a 3S-GE engine coupled with the S54 transmission. Apart from the lack of LSD and power I'm pretty satisfied with it especially now that I have fooled around with the suspension to make it handle better. Knowing that I'm going to keep this car for years to come at some point I am going to attempt to get more power out of it. What would be the best/most practical way of doing this?

A. Find the "missing" turbo parts for the existing engine in order to turbocharge it?
B. Find a 3S-GTE engine and swap the existing engine with it? Finding one with a E153 transmission should also give me LSD.
C. Swapping the engine with something else like the Honda K series one?

no i think its a dumb piece of trash

you fuckers made the price jump up, but the memes on yall, i still got mine cheap

Have fun checking your dipstick if you GR swap a ZZW30.

that is the absolute worst generation of it.

nice fangs

Don't blame other cars for toyota being hit at handling.

youtube.com/watch?v=h_dzVCHeH54

a good snappy boy

zzw30 is lightest.

as much as any engine. way less than sw20 in my real life non benchracing experience on hoon, street and track.
1zz is plenty.
It's retarded boomers and fags who add 90 inch 2000 kw subswoofers and speakers, massaging seats, full chrome stylebars to match their 18 inch chrome wheels who complain 1zz a slow.
I run nothing pmuch stock, coils and light-ish wheels and it is plenty fast. Going to remove around 50kg weight this summer and get a lightweight flywheel.
I mean my clutch is damaged and doesn't let me switch gears above 5k rpm and it still reks all non m bimmers and even rx8
If 1zz is shit underpowered engine then all bimmers are garbage.

most snap oversteer videos are elises s2ks and such

a worse fiero

what is a fiero then

a better MR2

i think you're a retarded gm fangirl
all fiero is good for is pretending to not be a poorfag