Is top tier gas a meme or is it legit?

Is top tier gas a meme or is it legit?

What are your experiences with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ystuUJWae0Y
pure-gas.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Considering the majority of the gas stations near me are top tier and therefore competitively priced, it's completely worth it. I fill up at the Shell near my house every other day without fail.

youtube.com/watch?v=ystuUJWae0Y

My racing motorcycles need it, my chainsaw will blow up if it uses it and your car probably does not need it.

Personally I use Shell V(irgin)-Power™

Both the cheapest stations in my town are top tier so it's a no brainer.

>every other day
how much fucking fuel do you use? my car only has a 36L fuel tank and I only need to fill it once or twice a month

[shilling intensifies]

Th-they said it was an independent study senpai

not him but I'm too lazy to convert to your eurounits, I fill up 3-5 times a week depending on what I've been up to. 15 gallon tank, 8-10mpg out of a 5.7l smallblock.

>3 speed and 3.42 gears don't like mileage

>The more shit leftover after the gas burns means it's better for your car

I've never had any issues with shell or petro can. I have heard of people getting water and sediment from cheap mexi/PITL stations. And I'm sure as fuck not waiting in a line like these fucking idiots to save $3.

>PITL stations
What did he meme by this

I get it for my Porsche from Costco, but ive heard its snake oil

my 1986 dodge W200 4x4 with the 360 and auto made it 386,000 miles on only arco gas. it kept running but the ring gear was so worn it was time to replace the torque converter. this was due to dodge mounting the starter ring gear to the torque convert. being a 4x4 it was going to cost more than the truck was worth so to the scrap yard it went. otherwise the damn thing would still be driving.

it's a meme. buy the right octane for your engine from any decent gas station (no hole-in-the-wall ancient gas stations) and it should be fine. if you're having problem and switching to "top tier" fixes it, you probably drive a shit car.

Where do you fill up at user?

My Volvo is picky for some reason. Usually fill up with Sinclair or Chevron, I'll try Shell one of these days I've never filled up they're

>I have heard of people getting water and sediment from cheap mexi/PITL stations
Water tends to be a problem anywhere that they put a ton of ethanol in your gas because unless the mixture is handled well a fuck ton of water can be absorbed by ethanol gas.

>Water tends to be a problem anywhere that they put a ton of ethanol in your gas

Top Tier gas stations have standards, but in the end, it is the franchise operator who determines if he or she is going to meet standards or not based upon profit. There is always the temptation of cheating.

For example, Ranbir Thakur in Davenport, Iowa has a Citgo gas station franchise. He would put regular gas into the gas station's midgrade and premium storage tanks.

Are you all talking about 93 octane? It has its uses for high compression /boost

>top tier gas
just no

the manual says to only use top tier gas so that’s what i do

Im pretty sure it only matters which state you are in and not the actual gas station

I know in Commifornia, the gas there is garbage no matter where you go

mostly sams club because they have premium for the price of midgrade. if premium is still like 20 cents higher i'll get mid grade from an ingles (grocery store) gas station

And wouldnt have done it if it wasnt funded by one of the two top scoring brands who know EXACTLY what the outcome would be.

>manual says to put in 87
>gas stations only offer 86

>I only use Shell V-Power Nitro

Why would the delivery drivers put the gas in the wrong tank after being told to by Ranbir? Why didn't they call their dispatcher and tell them that this guy was trying to commit fraud?

>Not using Chevron™ with Techron™

Total pleb

>TFW you are too stupid to understand what they actually said.

You should hurt yourself.

Another man of good taste, I see.

Yes its worth it if you want your car long term.

You can add fuel detergent yourself they sell them at gas stations but mostly its a meme, just get the premium top tier.

Sinclair is pretty terrible man, I’d just use shell or chevron if I were you

Since I've never seen a BMW owner that cares for his ride have problems, but hear knuckle heads complaining about poor quality from used BMWs, I'm convinced the issue is that knuckle heads don't use the high octane and top tier gas required. I've heard of people cheaping out and using low octane only to have engine and fuel pump problems. If you can't afford the recommended maintenance don't buy the car.

That coupled with refusal to do scheduled maintenance and to use good quality materials (high quality oil, filter, plugs, etc.) lead to people having issues. Gas is much higher quality in Germany and the cars are mostly tuned around 94 octane so it’s especially bad to put in some cheap shit.

>Why would the delivery drivers put the gas in the wrong tank after being told to by Ranbir?
If you re-read the article you will see that the gas station owner deliberately over-ordered the amount of regular gas. That would give him the convenient excuse to tell the truck operator to just dump the rest of the gas into the other tanks for mid-grade and premium. Clearly, the gas station operator knows how much gas will fit into his tanks, so he created that situation in order to have an excuse to tell the truck operators to do it.

Eventually, a truck operator did snitch on the gas station owner. The article didn't say if any truck operators were paid off to look the other way.

I did read the article. Why didn't they call dispatch and say "hey this guy over-ordered on 87 and wants me to dump it in the 93 tank, what the fuck"

Since the fuel is in the truck, they can't pump it back into the storage tank at the terminal head. And the gasoline is already purchased, so the truck has to get rid of it so he can get a load for a different customer. It's lost money after all if the gas isn't emptied out of the truck.

Fair enough.

I see what you mean, in the southwest for example, Giant convenience stores are owned by Western Refining and some Giant stores also carry Conoco and Shell. But I mainly see WR trucks filling the tanks, so I can't tell if I'm getting legit brand or the Giant piss. Thats why I go with Valero 9/10 of the time. Plus it's almost always 10¢ cheaper than Giant.

Does american gas really only go to 93 or is that pic shopped?

If it isn't, what the fuck America, no wonder your cars are so shit...

Goddammit Europe, AKI is not RON

I bet you can't get 110 at the pump... I bet you can't run leaded gas either.

i always put the cheapest stuff in and it runs fine

For consumer gas yeah. But there are some stations like VP Racing that sell 101 for fast bois.

Good heavens.

99 RON Tesco Momentum, pretty sure it runs smoother, and I make up for the extra fiver every week or two in better economy. Even if I don't, it's a fiver.

Witnessed. Would load up my shitbox if I could.

>Is top tier gas a meme
It's not a meme at Costco. Before they started having top tier gasoline, they did their own independent testing of gasoline and found that 5X (five times) the EPA required minimum level of detergent was the best effective detergent amount. Other top tier stations have lower amounts.

Costco published a nice article at their website about their kirkland signature gasoline and what makes it top tier. It's part of one of their bigger anthology periodical publications "The Costco Connection" (April 2014) though so you'll have to hunt for it. The article explains that they check water levels in their tanks each week and pump out any water. They also check their filters regularly and replace them. As for additives, they add that at the station so as to be sure they control the quality of their fuel instead of having someone else do it.

Costco Publication costco201404us-dl.pdf which is The Costco Connection (a lifestyle magazine for Costco members) in their April 2014 issue (vol 29, no.4).

Picture: some pages from that issue

You don't need detergent gasoline if you get your engine nice and hot and then rev the piss out of it. You know, like how you should drive anyway.

It's not a full fill up every other day, it's more like half a tank. I don't let the tank get lower than half so I'm there pretty often. Peace of mind kind of thing.

Audi Driver here so I actualy know a thing or two about cars, pic related.

Top Tier Detergent is amazing, only thing I will put in my cars. Seriously it should be standard nowadays, cant believe we allow discount shitholes to get away selling crap gas.

I drive an audi too senpai.

Which gas brand do you recommend?

;_;

Only place that sells 93 octane around me for my superior APR tune is BP.

aunt jemima pancake mix

>carbon deposits on intake valves
That is one reason why why direct injection sucks.
In port inceted, single point injected or carburetted engines, these valves get sprayed down with gas all the time and stay clean.

Also:
The price of gas is around 1,40€/L for 95 RON E5 here. ( 6,33$/gallon 91 AKI)
My shitbox doesn´t even require 95 RON or 5% ethanol, it would run just fine with less octane and 10% ethanol.
Therefore I regulary drive a decent distance to fill up my car and a large jerrycan in another country where gas is only 1,18€/L or 5,33$/gallon.

BP is the only fuel I put in my tanks

Hey same here. Most of NM have 86, but no problems on my fiesta.

I need to get my 2014 mustang gt tuned for 93 octane...could be a neat improvement.

Ive always used shell. Sweet

Geez i have a 5.3 and 3.7 gears and get 18 mpg regularly

>BP is the only fuel I put in my tanks
Aren't you afraid it will all leak out?

wow epic
truly epic win
include me in the screencap

Bruhs the gas stations near now have up to 10% ethanol, how do i not fill up with that shit? Like how do i find out what places don't have that? Noticed my Volvo is pretty picky about gas

What is a king to a god?

pure-gas.org

>buyingGasInIdaho.jpg

>tfw no shell nearby
>tfw stuck with BP

>tfw no ethanol free gasoline nearby

my AW11 is crying out

Tits or gtfo.

Kill yourself

Says the man as he spouts off another meme

No, look up Top Tier™ gasoline.. completely different

God you're SO fucking retarded

AKI≠RON

Where the fuck else are they gonna mount the ring gear? The back of the steering wheel?