/khg/ - Kingdom Hearts General

2018 HYPE Edition

New to the Series?
Quick Start Guide:i.imgur.com/kTpXdtz.jpg
Every single Kingdom Hearts game, besides the phone game, is now available on PS4! Catching up has never been this easy.
KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5+2.5 ReMiX -- Released March 28, 2017
KINDGOM HEARTS 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue -- Released January 12, 2017
KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 also available separately on PS3

Coming 2018
D23 2017 Toy Story Trailer: youtu.be/E4y7UK4nqnQ
Nomura and Shimomura in a Famitsu Interview: khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-Interviews-Nomura-and-Shimomura-Production-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-s-Music-to-Start-Soon-9580 July 12, 201
Gamespot interview: gamespot.com/articles/kingdom-hearts-3-director-tetsuya-nomura-explains-/1100-6451732/ July 16, 2017

>Lore Resources
pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X[cross] Resources:
Available for both iOS and Android devices.

>GLOBAL Updates
twitter.com/kh_ux_na
>JP Updates
twitter.com/KHUX_PR
>General News+Updates
twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

>Quick Help Guide [heavily depreciated]
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw
>Wiki
khunchainedx.com/
>Damage Calculator
khuxtracker.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/07/16/nomura-shares-more-details-on-kingdom-hearts-iii-and-its-toy-story-world.aspx
pastebin.com/dw1CXrXj
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for boy's love is best love

started ReCom last night.
question: what changes when a card goes premium?

Second for creepy Woody and questionable work safeness.

www.strawpoll.me/12493923/

Cost becomes lowest possible but the card can only be used once per fight. Think of it like the card at start of a sleight. That's pretty much it's optimal position in a deck.

>There's another Re: CoM user
How far are you? I just got to Atlantica on Sora. Also Premo cards have lower CP costs but can only be reloaded through items.

Is Riku's gameplay more enjoyable than Sora's? I'm not really a fan of this so far and am trying to get to KH2 asap

I read Riku is better.
so I died to the first boss because I ran out of cards.

what.

Will she finally be playable?

What would her special moves and spells be like?

>tfw 40+ minute fight in current Hades Cup
JP is a ride sometimes

Riku's gets a different fixed deck for each floor (I think, I'm pretty sure that's how it worked)
So if the whole card deck management thing is what you're not a fan of then Riku's will be marginally easier on you.

>Will she finally be playable?
I certainly hope so. It'll be really great to see her do something other than run away or be captured. All I want is some chance for her to shine. She's on my short list of the "other playable character" with Roxas, Ven, and Riku.

berserker
Sora plays like Ventus, Riku plays like Aqua, Kairi is gonna play like Terra
Nah just kidding, she'll probably be a mage/support type or something

Berserker Kairi is very much a real thing

G A Y
S H I T

>tfw no HD Ariel in KH3
The boner would pierce the heavens

Needs more gay

I agree

>That journal that Axel wrote as Xion died
Fuck

what did it say? never played days.

Night, Aqua.

>Day 357: To My Best Friend
>Author: Axel
>Roxas left. It's so like him to just leave that WINNER ice cream stick behind. Come tomorrow, I'll probably get the order to hunt him down, but leaving that here makes it feel so permanent. I wish the three of us - three? No. That the two of us could share some ice cream again someday. That's what it is to be friends.

desu I find Saix' reports and overall arc sadder, especially when you see how dejected he is when Axel chooses others over him and how you can pinpoint around when he got Norted

>182926004
I really hope this means Port Royal returns

While looking on Behind The Voice Actors it seems Captain Jack now has a better VA than Tidus and it looks like Bill Nighy would come back to reprise Davy Jones like in Disney Infinity

Whoops, meant to do this

I fully expect her to be the playable tutorial person. If it isn't Sora in Olympus.

So if Ansem becomes a battleship and Xemnas rides a battleship then does that mean Xehanort will become a battleship riding another battleship

you do realize that rating is for 1.5+2.5 which is on the other side of the poster right?

>buy weekly deal 6 weeks straight to guilt 1 nerfed medal
I've never felt such abject disgust before

>RP-E10+
>RP
>for a game that came out months ago

>RP for KH3
>E10 for 1.5+2.5
the rating description matches the one on the 1.5+2.5 website. Ratings are made after the game is complete and KH3 obviously isnt complete

this might sound retarded but what's the logic behind some worlds like halloween town or pride lands being optional?

I feel stupid now, but to be fair I did competently forget the poster featured the ReMIX lineup on the back, they only showed it on the stream for a few seconds

Faggots

[Citation needed]

Friendly reminder that Aqua is a bitch

Ask Nomura

My guess? It's because they are worlds with different control schemes (Atlantica, Pride Lands) or weird story progression (Olympus Colosseum uses tournaments) that are the most likely reasons, it seems to be the only thing in common with them.

I never understood why second visit Space Paranoids could be skipped but maybe it wasn't considered that important to the story.

Forgot to add Hundred Acre wood but that only adds to the point

It's funny when Veeky Forums is the voice of reason among fans.

aqua has no character

I don't know about that, I'm part of a pretty comfy KH group on facebook. None of them seem to be as autistic as on here or other bigger KH groups, but yeah compared to other places this place is nice

You must have lucked out. Whenever I look at the KH twitter or FB page it's autism incarnate. And not the funny Veeky Forums version of autism.

What will her 4k panties look like?

she will be only in cutscenes never allowing you to be a pervert.
After she is done with her training she will wear shorts or spats

>Roxas confronts Axel about Sora
>leaves to find someone who will tell him
>no stated or implied intention of defection
>suddenly the Castle's Nobodies are after Roxas
>Saïx gatekeeping (who told him Roxas was defecting?)
>replays KHII scene where Axel tells him not to turn on the Organization as if he hadn't literally just done it

This is a very weird sequence.
It's like they desperately wanted the castle escape sequence, but couldn't break canon, and I guess nobody brought up the idea of Saïx or someone else hunting Roxas down after he's left.
I mean, it might have been cool to have all the remaining members chase you through the different worlds. That'd be a better gauntlet than magic final boss devices for Xion.

Also Xion goes missing for a total of 43 days with very little done about it.
Roxas gets a little butthurt and immediately the entire Castle is out to get him.

Even though it came later, this endgame reminds me of the way χ[chi] wrapped up, in particular Agrabah's ending.
This game feels like the team forgot there was a story until it was time to finish the game. The plot doesn't really move until about Day 255, and after that point time skips eat up the majority of the days left. It feels rushed, and the time skips really fuck with the narrative (like X story event happens and then 30 days of in-universe nothing, then the story picks up as if it just happened).

They probably just shouldn't have used "days."
Unfortunately even the title is married to this concept so we're stuck with it forever.

I'm so close to finishing these stupid stats why did I even start this

They'll give her spats or skin tight shorts so we can't sneak a peak at her cute panties.

days really is pure dogshit

>spats
I HOPE SO.
Spats is sexier than panties.

and skirt over her spats you pevert

Will Goofy have spats

I think we should be covering up Donald with spats first.

exclusive preview of Kairi's KH3 outfit

Since its a Disney product I'd expect something stupid like that.
Since Japan is making it, I expect something something way more lewd.

It's for the character development.
>(like X story event happens and then 30 days of in-universe nothing, then the story picks up as if it just happened)
People usually spend a while contemplating their problems before doing anything about it. The characters act the most realistically in Days because of that. If you're going to complain about something, complain about how Riku was willing to let Xion go despite going against his character or how she psychically tells Riku to stop Roxas from doing what she herself told him to do.

From the clips you can see right down the entier street it seems. How much of the Toy Story world do you think they'll let you explore?

I'm hoping there are no invisible walls like in 0.2 but there probably will be some
Hoping that you can explore the whole of Andy's room

We better see fucking Pizza Planet. I wanted that place to be real as a kid so I could go there.

Olympus seems pretty fucking massive though, we've seen like 5 different areas already

I'm sure you'll have plenty of explore

I really want Pizza Planet too but I think Galaxy Toys is the stand in for it unfortunately

>People usually spend a while contemplating their problems before doing anything about it.
Let me give you a specific example.

On Day 322, Saïx says that the devices will be operational in a couple of days.
Time skip to Day 352, 30 days later, and Roxas is tasked with setting one of the devices.

It took them 30 days to set all of that up? It feels weird, and this isn't the only time something like that happens.
It's an awkward way to speed through a time frame that was too large for the story they had to tell.

>The characters act the most realistically in Days
No, they... they really don't.
I mean, to an extent that's what should happen, being Nobodies. Like how they have to keep telling each other they're best friends, which is awkward.

But they certainly don't behave realistically.
No memes, if I wasn't a KH fan and you told me Axel was actually just autistic, I'd probably believe you.
Whether you want to draw some kind of intent there by the concept of Nobodies is up to you.

>how she physically tells Riku to stop Roxas
Yeah, this dialogue pretty much feels like it was forced in to give Roxas a reason to go to Memory's Skyscraper. Not the most graceful ending.

>I think Galaxy Toys is the stand in for it
Fuck you for even suggesting that. If don't get to play Whack-A-Chestburster as toy Sora I will fly to Japan to punch someone in the face.

If you've played 0.2 there are plenty of areas that seem explorable but actually aren't i.e. the castle of dreams

Didn't Nomura say that 0.2 as a whole is only a little bigger than a single KH3 world?

Someone here said Galaxy Toys is multiple stories and a huge place. I know KH3 worlds are supposed to be enormous, but an entire toy store plus what appears to be all of Andy's street. I don't know if Pizza Planet can fit as well
>Galaxy Toys, Pizza Planet, and Al's Toy Barn in the same strip mall and you can enter all 3

If that's the case I guess it's fine, but 0.2 as a whole is very restricted unlike which has big open areas.

I hope they let Sora swear in KH3
We Kingdom Hearts fans are adults and can handle it

gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/07/16/nomura-shares-more-details-on-kingdom-hearts-iii-and-its-toy-story-world.aspx
>“Galaxy Toys is going to be your primary stage where a lot of the action is going to be happening in this world,” Nomura said. “Because Sora, Donald, and Goofy are toys and very small, the playing field is going to feel very large. We also have multiple floors and each section has its own personality, so to speak.”

Because they were trying to fit multiple worlds into the span of a single world. So it's obviously going to hurry you along from place to place so you can see as many of the BbS worlds in the new engine as possible in 0.2's 2-3 hour length

>I hope they let Sora swear in KH3
Are you 12?

And now I never play this ever again
Probably

pastebin.com/dw1CXrXj

>the mountains here
>Mount Olympus
>The entire city of Thebes or wherever it is
So many different huge spaces and yet they're all the same world.
I swear I'm going to have a heart attack from hype before this gets released

>We Kingdom Hearts fans are adults and can handle it

Looks like I'm finally done rerolling, only took me like 10 hours.
How do I bind my account?

why would you sacrifice your time for this? I mean other people including me find this interesting but why did you decide to do this?

how do you guys handle the lore of the keyblade war?
Is chi/UX the absolute law about the bleyblade war and if a character of the maingames says something about the kbwar that contradicts khux are they just wrong/didnt know better or are both views correct?

Damous example being: was the keybladewar about the chiblade?

there should be a twitter button on the main hub in the bottom right corner where your character runs around. Khux jp uses twitter while khux global uses facebook

That example makes more sense, although it could also be a translation error, originally meaning something closer to 'complete' or 'manufactured' instead of 'active', which would make sense considering the general quality of Days' translation. It's also interesting that the 1.5 version cut out the castle escape, but really, who cares when the manga did everything better.

The characters still do behave the most realistically, largely due to the circumstances they're presented with. Real people don't go on adventures through ten civilizations without ever sleeping, eating, or relaxing, adamantly and unthinkingly pursuing a single goal except also having ADHD. The real autistic melodrama is in KH2 and BBS, with gems like
>goofy... sorry about the ice cream...
>I gotta tell terra that xehanort is evil!
>...
>kthxbye
>HAS THE DARKNESS TAKEN YOU, XEHANORT.

Too be fair 0.2 had to be linear because it was just a way to show you the new mechanics and what not

I doubt the worlds in KH3 will be linear

I started the playthrough almost a year ago so honestly I don't remember.

Part of it I think was as a refresher of the actual game as opposed to the movie, which cut some of the story out.
Not much really important, though. Some of the cut scenes would have been better than all the clocktower stuff they kept in 1.5, though.

I think at the time I had been chimping out about very specific details about the game in a couple arguments, or something like that. So I started looking into it to sate my own curiosity.
Probably.

The Keyblade War is only known by people in the present through vague legends. I believe a certain leniency should be allowed to χ concerning mild discrepancies.

Nomura recently confirmed in an interview that the Master knows about the χ-blade. So it just remains to be seen how that factors in.

>Didn't Nomura say that 0.2 as a whole is only a little bigger than a single KH3 world?

I hope he means scale wise and not time wise, because it only took me about 3 hours to complete 0.2

There should be a scene where Xehanort is saying something like "the darkness is the light of those who seek" and Sora says "FUCK you, Xehanort!" (the fuck should be in all caps in the subtitles) and Donald Duck says "You're damn right, Sora"

"You see that mountain? You can climb it"
- Tetsuya Nomura

guess its gonna be delayed by 3 years and be on PS5?

Nah it comes out next year, December 31st 2018 at 11:59pm

>unironically wanting KmH: Kingdoms may Heart

Well he did just say that he doesn't like to use time as a scale because it varies depending on how fast you try to get through it, so it's possible he was talking about scale even back then.

0.2 was roughly the time it would take to play one world in KH3. So expect 2-3 hours per world depending on playing ability.

>Riku uses his Keyblade to kill Maleficent and her unborn child

>Andy's street is a fully explorable road that is 2km ingame long to the toy store

kek

There needs to be a scene where Sora is about to fight Xehanort's Grandma and she says "Who the FUCK are you" (the fuck is capitalized in the subtitles to make sure you know) and Sora says "I'm Sora the heartless slayer, has a nice ring to it doesn't it!" and Goofy says "Kill that bitch! Kill that fucking whore!" and Sora says "Jesus Christ you fucking spaz I'm already on it"

"I-it's not MY fault the game took so long to make! It's the company!"
which company?
disney? square? both?

I hope thats not the case