jalopnik.com/the-manual-transmission-bmw-m5-and-m6-are-dead-1769251264
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah cause it's a supercar.......

>Supercar
>1740KG
>AWD
>Cheap plastic interior

You can read the brochure......

My modded integra would absolutely wreck that piece of shit and it looks better.

>NSX
>New Sportscar Experimental

Fucking casual.

> supercar
> 0-60 in 3.1 sec
> 1/4 mile in 11.3 sec
Get the fuck out of here with that. It can’t even beat a Hellcat.

Pics?

I don't have any pics and I don't have a camera but look at this sexy promo shot.

I’ve always thought that older acuras look much more classy than the new ones. The new NSX is pretty gaudy in general.

i'll never understand why everyone is so against this car
it's the same with the civic type r

can someone pleaseeee explain

Just fags being fags in general

It sums up everything wrong with modern sportscars/supercars today.

>Full of technology that will be outdated in 3 years.
>It's overly heavy
>Designed to be driven by idiots with a heavy right foot and no talent to back it up.
>Has no manual option
>Can't be modified or serviced without a trained NSX expert with their laptop.

That's just off the top of my head.

>new sports cars should be outdated garbage

thank goodness people like you have no power in the automotive world

angry busriders that can't even afford a bicycle hate things that cost money.

>Has electric steering
>A retarded square steering wheel.
>Cheaply built

>Hence why Porsche has made the manual an option on the GT3 again.
>One of the wealthiest automotive makers in the business.

Really makes you think.

b-but Veeky Forumsur guy says it's pretty good

Seriously, we need a new name for these fast luxury experiments. They take a completely different approach than classic supercars which were just race cars that were street legal. I mean nothing against modern tech, but I doubt anyone that loves driving would want this stuff. There are options for everyone now though so whatevs.

>huge gap between hood and bumper even in a promotional shot

cool they made a manual option for a shit trim to please some luddites

lol keep clinging to shitty cars and thinking some garbage kit car mid engined Accord is good

what would you classify as a street legal race car currently made in the same price range

unless you're just referring to all modern 150k cars then nvm

>One of the wealthiest automotive makers in the business thanks to their sales in automatics
really gets the knoggin joggin.
>Cheaply built
can't imagine any cheaper than the original.

Maybe not in the same range. But I salivate over the Superlite SLC. You can have it built for you if you had the money, and its manual everything, and gorgeous.

that's awesome. i didn't even know it existed

Yeah, Superformance makes some cool stuff too, and stuff like the Ultima Evolution. Plus all of those small go cart like things that keep popping up, although I suppose that different.

>Thanks to their sales in SUVs actually.
If there was no market they wouldn't go to the trouble of designing the 911 it to use a 6 or 7 speed.

I guarantee all these modern supercars will be extinct due to their overly complex electronics and the fact there will be no cheap parts to replace failed ones. Over priced white goods basically.

>exotic vehicles
>anything cheap

lol

fucking hell a tire change on a LM002 is $20,000 and they still kick around

>AWD makes it not a super car

Say that to my face fucker, and not online.

>> 0-60 in 3.1 sec
Fake news
youtube.com/watch?v=v0CeYU1qGlY

>Can't be modified or serviced without a trained NSX expert with their laptop.
more fake news, in fact people were already modifying some of the ones coming to Japan.
youtube.com/watch?v=E6a0WjRIUvE

Most 911s sold in Europe are also autos. the only reason the M5 was even offered in Manual was because of the US market otherwise it wouldn't exist either. Ferrari also thinks Manuals are gay so does Mclaren. the only Nurburgring 911s worth a damn that people froth and benchrace over are all autos.

>the only reason the M5 was even offered in Manual was because of the US market
Proof? Not that I think you're lying I just want solid evidence to shitpost the 'US Can't auto' shitposters.

jalopnik.com/the-manual-transmission-bmw-m5-and-m6-are-dead-1769251264
>In a report from Car And Driver, CEO of BMW’s M division Frank van Meel announced that the manual transmission will no longer be available for the M5 and M6 models, and there are no plans for the next generation of each model to seek the option either.
>Why? Because we’re all fools and nobody bought them, despite BMW developing a 6-speed manual specifically for the U.S. market. Meel said that demand for a manual M6 was virtually at zero.

Because they shot themselves in the foot by teasing it for years and years, showing concepts and not making it a road version of the HSV-010 GT, then finally showing a concept that looked like the final product, and taking 4 years to produce it. No matter how good it was, even if it BTFO everything, it never would have lived up to expectations they set by hyping it up and working on it for years.

>Liberty walk bodykit
>An exhaust
>Serious modifications

opinions disregarded

>Shows picture of Hypercar

A fiesta ST would destroy it on a canyon road.

>Because they shot themselves in the foot by teasing it for years and years
>No matter how good it was, even if it BTFO everything, it never would have lived up to expectations they set by hyping it up and working on it for years.
Pretty much this, people were initially excited about the car but Honda should've not said a damn thing until just a few months before it was ready for factory release. Ford pretty much stole the spotlight with the new GT.
>not making it a road version of the HSV-010 GT
I doubt that could've been done because of how expensive exotic engines like the one found in the HSV can be to produce. not to mention they wanted it to be as reliable and fuel efficient.
I'm guessing you skipped over the video of it making 80 more WHP than stock?

>Diablo
>Hypercar

I mean I guess? Not really though.

>Supercar designed to mess with g-forces
>Hypercar designed to mess with g-strings.

Clarkson- 2011

Well shit...I can't honestly fault that metric in this I guess. Because I can't think of a Diablo without also thinking of scantily clad women.

My point still remains, precluding a car from being a 'Super car' or whatever else on the basis of it having AWD is still stupid. Honestly stop 10 stupidest things I've read on this board.

>stop 10

That's also made the list because I'm a colossal fuck up.

>A whole 80whp

Wow, I'm almost impressed. I wonder why no ones touched the engine, turbos, brakes or suspension?

>Wow
yea, in an AWD car that power will actually be put down to the road and is a much bigger increase than it would be in the old RWD NSX. the car can come with ceramics from the factory so what better brakes would you even add? turbos (especially on a car as premium as this) should probably only be touched if you are going for monstrous HP. suspension is basic shit and i don't know what would be assumed that can't be done.

>An interior
>A wing

It's nice to see the tradition of shitty Honda modifications continues right up to their halo car tbqh.

NSX:
The car has an interior of a performance oriented car, but it can barely hang with luxury GT coupes of the same price range. It also doesn't help that they waited so long after the first NSX, which actually was good. A viper or upper level corvette is significantly faster despite being cheaper, and they are also offered with manuals.

Civic Type R: It should have been AWD like a rally car or at least RWD. While its preformance is only a little bit behind the WRX STI and Focus RS, it has an absolutely overdesigned exterior. It is worse than a late 80s countach, but that car was at least louder, faster and more powerful pretty much every other car at that time. It's not a good look for a four cylinder hatchback.

>can barely hang with luxury GT coupes
Luxury GT coupes would be cars like the Aston Martin vanquish, M6, and longish 2-door mercs and they are not faster.

>It also doesn't help that they waited so long
yea.
>after the first NSX, which actually was good
damn, you were almost right ALMOST!
>A viper or upper level corvette is significantly faster despite being cheaper,
when you realize a base model vette during the original NSXs time was just as fast and *much* cheaper you've just admitted the first is worse by your own metric.
>Civic Type R: While its preformance is only a little bit behind the WRX STI
pic related, really makes you go hmmm at poobaru's ability to compete.

You've really got a hard on for the fat Honda, haven't you? Just admit it's an average car and deserves to be a total commercial flop.

I can guarantee no one in 10 years times will miss the NC1 NSX. It's only USP and attraction is it being a, "a mini 918 spyder'. Something which will feel quaint in 2-3 years time.

In summary, it's a rather expensive white good. Complete garbage.

>You've really got a hard on for the fat Honda, haven't you?
Yes, pic related is the best NSX personified, a thicc beauty.
>total commercial flop.
i don't know that yet because its only been out for a year and a half but willing to admit if it is.
>it's an average car
definitely not, the original was average in every thing it did save for reliability and even then it lost that advantage as well by the late 90s.
>I can guarantee no one in 10 years times will miss the NC1 NSX
Boomers thought no one would miss cars that came after their generation too, you're just part of that generation that feels left out by the new things in our changing world.
>It's only USP and attraction is it being a, "a mini 918 spyder'. Something which will feel quaint in 2-3 years time.
i'm guessing you know of another hybrid car like it coming out in that time frame.
>In summary, it's a rather expensive white good. Complete garbage.
Still objectively a step up from the shit my dog took which itself is also a step up from the original NSX.

i don't know that yet because its only been out for a year and a half but willing to admit if it is.
>It's already lost nearly 25% of it's value on the second hand market.
definitely not, the original was average in every thing it did save for reliability and even then it lost that advantage as well by the late 90s.
>It's not as good as a Mclaren 570GT, It's not as exotic sounding as a 488GTB, it's not as pretty as a R8. It doesn't do anything better than these other cars. (NSX looks like a parrot with the stupid and cheap chrome beak it as).
Boomers thought no one would miss cars that came after their generation too, you're just part of that generation that feels left out by the new things in our changing world.
>No one is going to lust after a 10 year old DSG system. Check out the BMW SMG gearboxes and see how they compare today. The engine is uncharacterful, it doesn't engage the driver like a manual and people won't want it for its throttle and brake by wire systems....
i'm guessing you know of another hybrid car like it coming out in that time frame.
>The 918, P1 and LaFerrari are all statements of directions for their respective companies. They are the pinnacle of their road technology The future is hybrid and it'll be the new arms race between all the big manufacturers.

PS your wifu is shit.

How did you fuck up your greentexting?

>>It's already lost nearly 25% of it's value on the second hand market.
Where? i want to fucking buy one. the original nsx and even Supra depreciated like shit too initially and didn't start going up in value until after they left production. i really don't know what a currently-in mass production car depreciating is suppose to say.

>It's not as good as a Mclaren 570GT
But its more reliable and MUCH less maintenance intensive even despite more technology
>VTAC bitch!

>488 sound
eh, personally thought the 458 sounded better. the 488 sounds to raspy for what its supposed to be.
>it's not as pretty as a R8
it does an R8 better than the R8.
>It doesn't do anything better than these other cars
despite much more trunk space than either Mclaren or 488 and much better gas mileage City than all three it has EV mode which means the quietest cabin you'll experience in a car like this and according doug who drove it (and he has driven many cars) best in class ride comfy even on shitty streets.
>No one is going to lust after a 10 year old DSG system
don't see why they wouldn't if its good and they grew up around plenty of cars that had it.
>Check out the BMW SMG gearboxes and see how they compare today
complex BMW things usually never hold up to today figuratively and quite literally. luckily this is Honda we are talking about, the maker of the legendary 3k civic who without, most of Veeky Forums would probably have to take the bus.
>The 918, P1 and LaFerrari
they aren't in production, there is basically nothing on sale or under a million dollars that can give you hybrid benefits in a performance package like the NSX.

>it doesn't engage the driver like a manual and people won't want it for its throttle and brake by wire systems
welcome to the new age of Driver's cars, where the car is so suppose to inspire the driver to feel like a badass. you'd be surprised how many people actually nut to that process.

>drag racing

Back to Oklahoma Cletus

Probably due to the different bumpers for JDM and every other market